Who will be more fondly remembered in the future?

Who will be more fondly remembered in the future?

>Didio and Alonso are actually the same guy

Alonzo doesn't have a cool Blue Lantern pose picture, so obviously it's Didio.

Didio hands down. Women want him and men want to be him.

They are both fuckups, the difference is one learned and grew out of it.

I'm gonna say Didio

I remember Quesadilla more fondly than Alonso at this point

Dan DiDio looks like he's alonso from the future.

Also, that fucker destroyed the DC universe.

neither of them. they'll both be remembered for being puppets of management in destroying the creative and editorial independence of marvel/dc's monthly comic publishing business and turning it into an outlet to shill Warner/Disney Movies and overall IP farm for movies.

n

Go away, Morrison, no one cares how butthurt you get over We3 not getting optioned.

>RtJ shirt

DiDio because even if he made shitty decisions he also put out some creative and fun comics.

Alonso just brought us some shitty SJW shit and killed Cosmic.

did that comic ever come out?

Didio saved a bunch of my favorite niche titles while Alonso hasn't done shit for me.

How can anyone hate this man? He's like a fun drunk grandpa who just wants you to read good comics.

That meme doesn't even make sense, you retard.

>did that comic ever come out?
Yes, although if you blinked you'd have missed it (stealth mini). Red Wolf's currently in Occupy Avengers with Clint.

This. Didio has been for the most part great lately.

please somebody post the picture of the DC guys being swole

Didio. He fucked up. He apologized. And now he is going crazy with a line of niche titles and crossovers that you can't help but love.

It's a shame he couldn't keep western and war comics going. He was the main driving force to keep them going.

>Didio has been for the most part great lately.
He wrote a fucking Top Cat/Batman crossover and it was really decent. I can't hate him so much these days.

Alonso will not live to learn from his fuckups before Disney sends him to the farm where he can play outdoors all day

I may give DiDio a lot of well deserved shit, but I literally don't know of single smart decision Alonso has ever made. I expect that fucker to be fired within 2 years.

Didio is just more charismatic tbqh

If both of them up and left comics I would say Didio as he would be going out on a high and Alonso is on a real low. In the future, who knows? There was a time when it would have been the reverse as Didio was making a lot of stupid editorial decisions (i.e. Countdown) and Alonso was the guy who edited a lot of cool Vertigo, MAX and X-men comics.

One has memes, the other doesn't.

Every Marvel EiC is either reviled or forgotten. Every DC EiC is either beloved or forgotten. Neither Didio nor Alonso will be forgotten, so what do you think?

There's nothing cool about the blue lanters, except the color temperature.

Very compelling argument.

Didio has presided over enough ups and downs that I don't think that he in particular has that big of an influence over the quality of the books, even if he was a part of that shitshow that was the new 52

Alonso, though, has presided a pretty clear decline. People give Joe Q shit for the Spider-Marriage thing, and rightfully so, but Marvel comics was more lively under him than it had been since the Starlin days.

Marvel has been imploding for years at this point, and Alonso has only fanned the flames.

DiDio has had some mistakes and rough steps but he has also had alot of triumphs and genuinely tries to put out good (or at least consistent) quality work, take care of his creators, and expand DCs audiences and genres.

I love that the scrawniest, least fit guy among them, Grant Morrison, is still a very handsome intelligent man and an actual sexual sorcerer.

Alonso for his Vertigo work.

What'd he edit there again? I remember he edited Transmetropolitan and I think Preacher. I think he's at his best with a small line that can cultivate actual talent.

I'm still sour about Beast Machines.

left

it's his future self

Was he guilty of Identity Crisis?

Jim's smaller than Grant

wtf now Jim Lee looks like Egg Shen in this pic

And occasionally molest you. ;_;

Yeah, but he's still pretty jacked. I mean look at that picture. He looks like he's about to start an illegal boxing match in an underground car park.

>since the Starlin days
Starlin was EiC when?

>it's charisma
sweet summer child tbqh famalam doe

yes, it got cancelled literally after 6 issues.

>but Marvel comics was more lively under him
if you count playing favorites with editors and writers, Howard Stern calling him a retard, bankruptcy and selling assets to Sony and Fox lively, sure enjoy your lively

what about Shooter?

Howard Stern called out him on OMD?
Give details user.

He gave us the PymSlap and CarolRape. Fucking tainted AntMan forever.

He's reviled now.

When OMD was making the news, Stern had Q on the show. Bear in mind two things here:

1. Stern is (or at least was) personal friends with Q, not "celebrity asshole buddy," friends.
2. Stern is also a closeted comic book fan.

Stern dropped character and basically said "are you sure this is a good idea and won't anger everyone" and Q went back to the line that Brevoort still parrots, "angry fans = sales increases"

Didio. Dude worked on reboot and actually did prop up a number of good comics that were soft on the sales. For all his shit Didio cared about the medium and tried to balance the need to be a corporate whore and a legitimate fan of comics. Alonso is just a husk of a human being shitting all over a medium in a vain attempt to claw at relevance.

>What's that? That's your script? Not bad, it'd really ruin your day if someone pointed out how one dimensional your villain is! Now give us your lunch money, or Grant here will give you his patented Infinite Wedgie!

>For all his shit Didio cared about the medium and tried to balance the need to be a corporate whore and a legitimate fan of comics

He was the ax man in a situation he caused.

No he's not.

>Sup Forums pretending that they and BC didn't cause the death of McDuffie

>Grant here will give you his patented Infinite Wedgie!
Does that Bullying Comics page still exist?

>RTJ shirt

What is RTJ?