Ramos awful art

how can anyone defend this trash?
I know it's his style but it looks so unappealing

I feel like this image is exploitable but I don't know what to make of it.

peepee

I'm actually a fan in some books, especially in Amazing Spider-Man. It's SO stylized, I can overlook it. I mean, at least the lines are clean and seem intentional, which I can't say for everything.

ah the wolverine tree is in bloom

I try to avoid him when possible, but i'm a huge venom fan and he keeps on popping up for some reason

his girls are cute

nah, senpai

He's hit or miss, for me.

This will always be remembered as the low point of his Spider-Man run, thankfully it was years ago.

I don't know if you're subtly referring it, but we had a thread back in the day, great edits

He needs to do kids books. His art would be perfect for a kid friendly comic.

Ramos's art makes me drop books so fucking fast

agree with other anons, Ramos needs to stick with kids books.

it was already exploited a long time ago.

>how can anyone defend this trash?

He gets his work by the deadline. That's about the only thing Marvel cares about. Same reason why Greg Land still gets a job.

>CAUSE THIS IS THRILLER, THRILLER TIME

and here's the fixed version.

I really like his art.

It got a good mixture between cartoony and real.

There's no mixture, its just cartoony. And that's putting it mildly.

Someone once told me that his spider-man art is more Animated then others but i don't know it still looks ugly to me

ew

>I really like his art.
Me too, senpai.

>It got a good mixture between cartoony and real.
Which is why he's prefect for kids books.

Apparently people like how "cartoony" his art feels feel it's a solid match for a character like Spider-Man.

I'm of the opinion that Ramos should never touch a book of an A or B-lister superhero or superhero team and that his dominant hand should be crippled as penance.

Where the fuck is his neck?

someone make a sniktbub version

>his girls are cute
Sometimes.

dang that's a small head. nice mood though

When he does his own art, as in full inks and colors himself, it looks perfectly fine.

He just gets paired with the worst inkers and colorists possible for him.

in what way is it "real"? lmao retard.

Not him, but relatively realistic, like the OP pic. Comic realism if you will.

His artwork is appropriate for full-on cartoony styles, under anything else it looks plain goofy.

I would like it if it was "SO stylized", but most of the times I find it annoying.

What I hate about his artwork is the way he draws open mouths. They look like raving rabbids from Rayman. Everyone looks like an obnoxious twat under him and in Slott's run, further perpetuates Peter being a massive manchild.

NOPE.avi

Thank god I'm not the only one who is revolted by Ramos' visual autism.

When will this meme end? Land is not fast, he needs fill ins.

Only rabbit loyal mouseketeers defend him.

what in the FUCK is wrong with he left tit

I like when he draws aliens/monsters but his people just look peculiar to me

You can't really take a panel out of context to say an artist is bad. Comics aren't single drawings - it's a sequence.

Ramos is great at conveying a lot of action in single moments with larger than life characters - I personally love him on Slott's Spider-Man, but I'm not sure what else he'd be good on.

got any one particular issue you'd recommend we look at for a good example of the "lot of action in single moments" thing?

That is the the worst part, that it's his style. It's not incompetence, it's not that he isn't able to draw necks correctly, it's that he chooses to draw them this way. It's a giant fuck you to the reader.

Be honest, this is what you thought Juggernaut looked like without his helmet

He's all neck, with a loan of head.

Luara is niger :D

Spider Island and Big Time were probably Ramos' best, but it's been a while. The first Big Time issue was pretty cool.

I'm talking about panels like where his legs are twisted on the left side of the panel and when you move your eyes over to the right to read a speech bubble and his body is impossibly twisted round. This is all in one panel, btw.

It gives the impression of movement within a single panel, like a kick and then move straight into a punch - there's way more to comics storytelling than 'realistic pictures'.

But ultimately, it is a style thing and if you can't get past stuff like then he's just not for you.

Similar thing with Frank Miller, but that's a whole other thread...

thanks for the recommendations user. i'll hunt down an issue or two of big time and take a closer look at ramos's art. and i appreciate the note about what to look out for too!

I never liked when these comic book girls would casually look like pin-up girls. I'm not against them being attractive but many artists constantly draw them with these uncharacteristic modeling poses and flirty sex faces, especially in that picture.

It's not his style, he's just a terrible artist.

Logan looks like he's from fucking Planet of the Apes.