What do yall fags think about the mighty morphin boom comic?

What do yall fags think about the mighty morphin boom comic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SZ-b67BPKPg
youtube.com/watch?v=u5Q1dqlsFVY
youtube.com/watch?v=3PfGGA4U62A
youtube.com/watch?v=yVrTsryg_CM
youtube.com/watch?v=AWiMMm3dlgY
facebook
freewebs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's good.

Fucking nostalgiafags REEE.
But seriously, I just want a good Lost Galaxy comic.

I'm afraid of it being influenced by the new movie.

Implying anyone cares about your fee fees.

Anyone who has taste should, because Lost Galaxy is one of the few unironically good series. The other being RPM and SPD.

Oh, and Time Force.
Fuck, always forget Time Force exists.

user, only people care about American Powerful Rangers.

What about Dino Thunder & In Space?

Don't remember much about them desu

better than the movie

In Space had the hottest evil girl.

Man, I wish Malshina was in the PR comic.

>God Tier: MMPR S1, In Space, Time Force, RPM,

>Great Tier: MMPR S2, ZEO, Lost Galaxy, SPD,

>Good/Okay Tier: Wild Force, DinoThunder, Jungle Fury, Dinocharge/Supercharge, Ninja Steel,

>Lacking/mmeehh Tier: Alien Rangers, Lightspeed Rescue, Ninja Storm, Mystic Force, , Samurai

>Trash Tier: MMS3, Turbo, Operation Overdrive, Reversion(Abortion), Megaforce/SuperMega,

Forgot to say the comic is awesome, I'm lovin it so far.

Thoughts?

>nostalgiafags REEE.
>I just want a good Lost Galaxy comic
?????????
I agree tho

I'm honestly digging the Ranger sentries even though I don't like tacticool shit

I think he meant Geewunners
Transformers has them, Pokemon has them (they call the Genwunners though), and Power Rangers has them.

I think it's unfair to lump the Neo Saban seasons together. For as bad as Megaforce was, Super Megaforce was far worse, and Dino Supercharge was also a noticeable downturn in quality.

Shit looks cash

Lost galaxy is the fucking RSE of Power Rangers except it's actually worthwhile.

>Super Megaforce was far worse
Jesus fuck, just how bad is it?
Megaforce was already bad enough to make me remember Turbo fondly.

>Jesus fuck, just how bad is it?

Same level of shit quality, but what makes it extra awful is that the sentai it uses is an anniversary special with multiple rangers across the eras, but the fuckers were to lazy to do anything decent with it making it biggest waste of potential you ever seen.

the tacticool design from the comic is still managed to look sleek than the movie reboot design

Is the art in the rest of the comic as good as the one picture I keep seeing posted? I have zero nostalgia for PR but I really dig how cool the costumes look

Pros
-Most of the characters are fleshed out while staying true to the originals
-Tommy's role in the team actually being questioned
-Zord action is great
-Greater scope for the rangers to use now that they're not limited by Sentai footage
-Goldar has the perfect blend of Season 1 and Season 2 characterization
-Original Ranger designs are actually pretty good
-Some of the most beautiful cover art I've ever seen

Cons
-Art can be lazy at times
-Monster designs can be generic with a few exceptions
-Zack's not as fun as he should be
-MMPR Pink is lackluster
-Alternate Universe Rita's method of domination may come off as outdated in a few years

youtube.com/watch?v=SZ-b67BPKPg
youtube.com/watch?v=u5Q1dqlsFVY

> just how bad is it?
Lazy. Simply lazy.

youtube.com/watch?v=3PfGGA4U62A

Hopes?

It's pretty nice seeing that the Sentries' weapons are just militarized versions of the original Power Ranger weapons.
The Mastodon Sentries' rifle is an exaggeration of the gun component of the Power Axe

No hope if it's anything like the Pink mini-series

I've liked what I've read. Not up to date on it though.

I'd like to see them try a different season. Alien Rangers perhaps? They never really got a proper season.

I've been watching them in order and am about to start Ninja Storm. Exactly how bad is it? I didn't really enjoy Wild Force.

Power Rangers and Supaidaman crossover?

Power Rangers VS Sentai?

Issue 14
>As our heroes fight to reclaim the Command Center, Tommy and Billy work with the resistance to defend against Lord Drakkon and his sentries.
>Issue 15
Zordon’s fate is revealed leading to some surprising developments for Drakkon’s world and the old sage himself.

>Issue 16
The villainous Lord Drakkon wields the power of Saba against the Green Ranger as the Power Rangers fight for the survival of two worlds!

Annual 2017
>The future of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers starts here as Tommy makes a choice that will have huge consequences for the team; Black Power Rangers from across parallel dimensions meet to face off against a deadly foe; and all-new secret origins revealed!

Higgins also confirmed a Zordon issue like the Zack and Billy ones during an interview with Ranger Danger.

Power Rangers/Masked Rider crossover continuing on the plot from 'A Friend in Need' in MMPR season 3. Eventually leading to a Masked Rider spinoff comic.

I remember Lightspeed Rescue being really good...probably my favourite next to In Space and Time Force. I'm really behind, is RPM really that good?

Silly user, Marvel doesn't do crossovers anymore
That shitty Attack on Avengers """"crossover""""" doesn't count
Sup Forums called it "Lightspeed Comfy" during the twitch marathon
It was perhaps the only time they wanted a black man to get a white woman

>Mighty Morphin has the single best costumes of the entire series
>the film has these fucking abortions

Well Gold/Silver were the best pokemans games. And not saying Mighty Morphin was the best story, but mighty morphin had the best costumes and the effects for the japanese footage were great, something that started to look like shit post 2000

I really regret not tuning in to watch more of the stream. I feel like I really missed out. Everyone I know hates PR, so it's nice to see other people enjoying it again.

It would have been better story-wise if Tommy had gone bad as the White Ranger instead of long before, because what the fuck, the Falconzord was there?

But aside from that, fucking raw, love it.

Monsters look like shit but everything else looks pretty good, and the fact they chose the team with the best costumes

>-Zack's not as fun as he should be

Implying Zack isn't just a placeholder for the best ranger, Adam

It was a fun time to be in those Sup Forums threads with a good number of Anons going in blind.
Astronema waifuing, Zhaneposting, murderposting, Shadow Ranger hype (Sup Forums's /prg/ fucking loved Kruger), that picture of Carlos with the loli's head getting blown up in space, RPM delivering the hype, etc

new and actually good power rangers content?

Is RPM really that good? I've never seen it.

Zack has Hip Hop kido
Adam didn't
Adam is a frog
Zack>Adam

Man, I was upset that Zack didn't dance in the new movie. It would've been cool if he had an interest in dancing and took dance classes or something.

>Power Rangers geewunners
>Being elitist about shoe-string, derivative, bastard child of Sentai
Power Rangers nostalgiafags disgust me on some level. I understand feeling alienated by later seasons, but if you're going to be some kind of "purist" about it, you should just go straight into Japanese Sentai shows.
Later Power Rangers seasons just as valid, and probably do a better job of translating the genre.

>Lost Galaxy
I remember that. It was my guilty pleasure when I was in middle school.
Or early high school, I don't remember exactly.

It's Terminators meets Power Rangers using footage from a comedy Sentai
It has a likable cast of characters, a well amount of use of original footage, and a great blend of humor and drama.
They even found a good in show reason for the anime eyes the zords have (in Go-Onger they are sentient) that blends perfectly with the plot without making it seem silly after it is revealed

Falconzord was probably brought by Ninjor and the Alien Rangers for the war
Drakkon was originally just going to be a white ranger but Higgins decided a hybrid would make more sense

I dunno about "more sense," but it looks awesome. Just like going with all-green rangers as a stunt, it's a cool creative thing that would have been prohibitive budget-wise to do on TV, but is more within the means of a comic.

>Exactly how bad is it?

It depends on how much you dislike the idea of more comedy in PR. Because it's a pretty light-hearted series with a ton of jokes, and for some people it went too far with it. Also the characters are kinda shit (except Cam).

Goldar is cute
CUTE

You're either going to find Lothor to be hilarious villain or you'll find him to be a shitty villain

I understand where you're coming from, talking about the writing.

But Mighty Morphin has the best aesthetics. Best looking costumes, best looking zords, most exciting method of morphing (Fuck wrist and cellphone morphers so fucking much)...

Exactly. Lothar really got on my nerves but it was lacking bc of the characters. Only one with a real arc was Cam, the time travel gave him really good conflict too.

RPM was so hype during the marathon. All the episodes that focused on each ranger and Dr. K was one of the best episodes in all of the seasons.

>Adam is a frog
>listing a positive as a negative

He got kissed by a hot bikini lady with abs in the movie for being a frog.

I remember watching Ranger Blue (it was so memorable, I actually know the episode name), and thinking it genuinely deserved some kind of award. It was just plain fucking good television.

youtube.com/watch?v=yVrTsryg_CM

>Not loving Shadow Ranger

He was a ball of Rage and Awesome Swordmanship

Frog was also the only zord in the movie with a decent solo attack, with the electric tongue shit.

Lightspeed is super comfy, but to me it's lacking bc of the villians, not strong in my opinion.

RPM is really that good imo. 3rd rewatch. Series institutes increasingly good twists and perfect level of meta for about goofy neon teens fighting evil, also really bleak but funny.

Reminder that Ziggy and Dr. K's actors got married.
And are now divorced

>Shitting on the Frog

STUPID MAMMOTH POSTER

Well, the falcon had those wing missiles.

The bear fucking sucked the hardest though. "Time to boogie with the bear!" Instantly fucking smacked aside.

I should've said "only Zord that doesn't belong to Tommy" because of fucking course Tommy gets finger missiles again.

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWHHAAAAAATT!?!?!?!

SSOOooooo you're telling me there's a chance?

Is Saban done sucking JDF's dick?

And he made an alien dog suit look cool
Nobody on Sup Forums made fun of the suit after the 100 mook slaughter introduction

youtube.com/watch?v=AWiMMm3dlgY

Another kino scene.

>New Sentai season has a Dragon Themed Purple Ranger who is the commander of all the Rangers

It depends on how desperate Saban is for nostalgia dollars.

>JDF goes to the early screening of the Power Rangers movie
>With Saban and Lionsgate executives
>Thinks he could get away with taking out his phone to record his cameo on the screen
>Gets kicked out of the movie theater later

Could the Thunderzords been better pulled off?

They were really shafted thanks to Saban mixing Zyu2 and Dairanger footage, it feels like they really were robbed of anything that could have made them cool, save for the Red Dragon's solo-fight and the Tigerzord's introduction.

Whaaat no way

Well it helped that it was less shit than Dekaranger's Doggie suit in the first place.

They better not.

I chortled heartily when I heard about that. His entire fucking life is a midlife crisis. He's that guy who still wears his varsity jacket from high school while pushing 35yrs old but instead it's a Power Rangers helmet.

They were comparatively pretty lame due to, you know, not being dinosaurs. But if you had to have a solo zord to yourself, I've always said Red Dragon Thunderzord would be a good choice. Flight, animal mode, humanoid mode, is a fucking dragon. That thing had it going on.

Not really. The auxiliary DaiRanger Beasts never really did much and the Dragon only had it's own warrior mode because their was a storyline in the first 10 episodes where the other 4 wouldn't fuse with it because a previous owner of the Dragon had betrayed them. Though naturally, they did lose footage because they couldn't use any scene where the Dairangers actually rode them

I like the Thunderzords but you're right
Most of their individual powers were less interesting
Instead of shooting grappling horns, the Blue Ranger's zord launched rocks
Instead of freezing enemies, the Black Ranger's zord did literally nothing
facebook com/jasondfrank/videos/10154510264151687/

Tommy's fanfic wild ride

Are they desperate enough to skip Zyuohger?

The level of acting in RPM is so good and then to compare it against Samurai/Megaforce is night and day.

It's crazy how terrible the acting is in the more recent seasons.

I wonder how his daughter feels?
>TFW my dad won't stop talking about Power Rangers
>TFW my dad won't stop trying to make my friends like Power Rangers
>TFW he hasn't been in an actual MMA match for years and has only been in one of them

Link no worky, but thanks. Not sure I'd have the heart to follow if it did anyway,

I can't watch it. These have to be the worst Zord designs in the series.

have you converted yet?
freewebs com/churchofoliver/

Isn't the dude still way more financially well off compared to most other former PR actors?

>Will they skip Zyohger

They skipped Go Busters and they skipped ToQger. Now they get to choose between a season which they didn't have a lot of say in, or a season where Toei literally asked them to help with the designs AND is also set in Space.

It's pretty obvious they're skipping Zyuohger

Why is that? Is it just some kind of boner for being in one match and winning, so you never want to do another so you can say you're undefeated?

... because I think I've done that kind of thing, beating a friend in a basketball game and then never wanting to play again because i'm pretty sure I'd lose.

They will bc of the sheer fucking budget pulling off Space Rangers will take with ANOTHER 12 ranger season.

That's because the period after facebook is missing for obvious reasons

But the kids nowadays like Minecraft, and Zyuohger has Minecraft robots.

And is actually good unlike Kyuranger.

I wouldn't be surprised. Even if he just bargained for a single point on one of the movies or likeness rights or distribution...

>It's prom night
>He drops her off while wearing the green ranger suit
>It's tight and ill fitting.

>Graduation day
>Wears the suit with a tie

>Wedding day
>She's forced to make green one of the colors for the wedding
>He wears the suit with a tie again

I'd argue that's Johnny Yong Bosch.

>TFW Nickelodeon has limited Power Rangers to 20 episodes per season
Disney screwed them over, Nick screwed them over, Cartoon Network screwed them over.
Looks like Netflix has to save the day again

To be fair, he's actually won 5 fights, the other 4 were amateur. And he's actually over 40 now.

Zyouhger still didn't do amazing enough in sales to justify using it over the series that basically has everything that Saban wants.