I'll be useful, sir

I'll be useful, sir

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill,_Hitler_and_the_Unnecessary_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw he wasn't useful

>the germans are EEVVIIIIIL
>the single french dude in the film is hiding/ all frenchies are COWARDS
>the british are good goys that dindu nuffin and are heroes that just want to go home
BRAVO NOLAN

>>the germans are EEVVIIIIIL
Literally not a single german shown on screen, they are not even once called "germans" in the film, just "the enemy"

>>the single french dude in the film is hiding/ all frenchies are COWARDS
How? Based froggo literally spends the entire film just saving multiple brits from drowning only to get drowned himself while saving the same brits who wanted to kill him a minute ago.
He's the representation of all the french people giving their lives defending that line so the brits could escape safely to their home, Nolan represented the entire french side and gave them respect just with his character alone.

You sound underage.

You don't even see a single German in the movie

I never got that from the film, they just seemed like facelesss force of nature. If you thought their was some political message there you must spend way too much time on Sup Forums

>that obvious set water
NOLAN YOU HACK

You haven't seen the movie. I'm Sup Forums and it's one of the best, least preachy and least jewed war movies I've ever seen.

>okay, george, just watch your step you may dun kirk your head.

What did he mean by this?

What? It's all filmed on location in France user

that water looks incredibly dubious to me

It's literally filmed where the actual event happened, you might have some brain issues my friend.

the french guy drowning was totally uneccessary and obviously a dig at the British Army, who the Jews hate because they turned away jew transports and put some on Cyprus during the Palestine mandate.

It's most certainly cgi water mixed with tap water

fake

there's literally 50 better wwII battles to make a movie out of

I'll just repeat myself.

How? Based froggo literally spends the entire film just saving multiple brits from drowning only to get drowned himself while saving the same brits who wanted to kill him a minute ago.
He's the representation of all the french people giving their lives defending that line so the brits could escape safely to their home, Nolan represented the entire french side and gave them respect just with his character alone.

>dumb ameriburger thinks ww2 is only about "le epic" battles with thousands of bullets flying left and right
go watch your hacksaw ridge flick

maybe Im just use to the dreary coloured water here.
in that shot it looks nice

*falls on occipital lobe*

no he's the representation of inexplicably evil men in the allied forces killing a man out of fear and spite. They quite obviously demonize that brit who wants to leave the french man, no idea where you are getting this sacrifice shit from. Then it's a happy ending cos same evil brit gets his face burnt off. It's just a cheap plot device at the expense of the heroes of Dunkirk.

So you think all soldiers are absolute moral heroes who never did a single wrong thing? What fairy tale are you living in?

>spiderridge

Compared to the modern day, their behaviour was pretty much impeccable. The average person was a decent christian that still had a sense of national pride. The British army certainly never executed spies without trial, and they were usually quarantined in camps around the country as opposed to being killed. When civilized powers go to war they don't act like barbarians unlike the US or rag heads.

why did Mark Rylance not give a shit when Cillian Murphy killed his son?

Wasn't his son, it was his sons friend. His character was also stoicism incarnate so he didn't let it get in the way of him doing his duty during the evacuation.

>being this delusional
My god user you are really entirely lost. Yes ofcourse most of them were decent christians, but in all wars in any era there are always inevitable war crimes being made a small bunch, always no matter the side.
How the fuck can you vouch that all 400 thousand british soldiers on that beach never did anything "wrong" when they were fighting for their life? Certainly not all of them were christian also. Hell, all of them weren't even 100% brits either

I think it was implied it was a friend of his son's
Nolan can't write human emotions

You're pretty far down the rabbit hole m8

>not understanding that the point of not showing the germans was to dehumanize them

If you didn't feel anything when old man Rylance yelled that the downed pilot is maybe still alive then you're a soulless monster.

I legit thought he was asian before he spoke.

>This is your brain on Sup Forums

The idea was that they were just a force of nature. They're only referred to as the enemy in the film, and I don't think a single schwaztica was shown. They were just a storm. The film might have well have been a disaster film in its depiction of the Gernans

That was Rylance's performance, not the writing

It's the writing because we later find out that Rylance's other son was also a pilot who died in the first two weeks of the war, so that's why he bursts out so loudly when trying to save that downed pilot.

RIP Tom Hardy

>Sup Forumscuck is unaware of the bombing of Dresden
Decent christians those Brits.

>Compared to the modern day, their behaviour was pretty much impeccable.
I literally and unironically can't even

He's just being a contrarian nigger for (You)'s. Should be used to that behavior by now user.

>implying they didn't deserve it

most of Sup Forums are newfags desu. theyre unaware of that shit but will memorise Trumps tweets
Dresden also had it coming desu

>Says he'll be useful
>He dun kirks his head

the_donald immigrants really did a number on that place. Sad.

Was anyone else bothered by the constant aspect ratio changes? They always took me completely out of the film.

IMAX baby

That's because you are watching it on your computer/TV when it's tailor-made for a theater.
Ofcourse the changes of aspect ratio are jarring when you watch it on your small ass screen where the black bars have to be illuminated because it's not a projector. Literally no one complained about this when the film was released in theaters, just like with TDK and the rest

Also even when it's full screen 16:9 you don't see the full IMAX frame, you are literally seeing less of the picture.

>"There are 400.000 men on this beach"
>Cut to the beach
>There's like 70 people

nolan had to cut out all the extras making funny faces
not much was left

The Dunkirk beach is extremely long and it's not like all 400 thousand men were crammed on a single spot on the beach like sardines.

You think Nolan actually had extras on the entire beach? He seems like the kind of fag that would do that

F

>Start a war
>Cry when you get BTFO

The Eternal Kraut strikes again

Yes, but not in the way you think. The story is about the survival of individual british soldiers to whom the grand strategic situation might as well have been the whims of angry gods. They couldn't influence the big picture, all they could do was their own thing and hope for the best. The Germans shooting at them didn't have any more agency, and were for all intents and purposes a force of nature from the british perspective. There is no reason to show them since the story is not about them at all.

In case you didn't notice, none of the Brits were given a name or backstory either - because all that matters is how they act right here, right now. It also portrays the general confusion and disillusionment in a losing army. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers with no real clue how and why they're running, what led to this point. There is no vision of victory, no secret trick to pull against your enemy. Just the hope you'll make it home in one piece. This is what throws many viewers off, I think. We're used to always being with the man with a plan, the good guys, the winners. Nolan throws it all out and makes us follow anonymous soldiers blindly stumbling forward with no more knowledge than us.

tally ho nolan!

he used cardboard cutouts

6000 actual extras and for the people in the far background there are literal cardboard cutouts of soldiers. Smart move because they are all stationary and those cutouts are heavily blurred by the depth of field so he saved some money there and got the same visual he wanted.

That's from the trailer, he's cut from the actual film.

tfw your acting ruined a shot that costed several ten thousands to film

if we didn't meme so hard about before it came out, do you think he'd be in the actual film?
at least in the theatrical release?

>Germans where as much seen as Villains by the Allied Forces, as much as the Allied forces where seen as villains by the Axis Forces.

The real evacuation still fascinates me.
If the Germans hadn't mistakenly braced for a counter attack, they could've almost completely wrecked the Brits' strength for the rest of the war. I wonder if it's that, miscommunication or the Germans not wanting a bloodbath and hoping to sue for peace.

Hitler let them go hoping to broker peace with the Brits. Fucking brits still wanted war after Hitler's good gesture of letting their people go.

Fucking animals

You should have seen Fury with Brad Pit

?????? the alt-right are even more snowflakes than the left

DINDU
I
N
D
U

iirc that theory wasn't confirmed despite whatever Hitler might've said later. Either way, he was a fool if he really thought that would stick. He should've crushed them right then and there - Churchill probably wouldn't have been able to stay in power and whoever replaced him would've likely sued for peace.

saddest death of 2017, closely followed by joi

>criticising a disgraceful hamfisted plot element that is neither accurate, neccessary or appropriate
>contrarian

yeah fuck off.

>germany started the war

D I S H O N E S T

>a disgraceful hamfisted plot element that is neither accurate, neccessary or appropriate
What would that be exactly?

What plot element are we talking about?

I guess Poland invaded itself.

This is how the human brain functions after capeshit.

the last i checked it wasnt poland who bombed dresden

That's dumb because he used actual Spitfires, Messerschmits, german bombers, actual Destroyer warships and boats. The filming of Dunkirk had the most on-set ships and boats than any film ever in cinema history.
All of those pictures on the right of the cardboard cutouts are used far off in the background blurred by the depth of field, only a moron would use actual people and vehicles for something that looks like a blurred small smudge on screen.

I doubt you 'checked' anything

Dresden has nothing to do with the war starting. Are you ok user?

the last i checked dresden wasn't bombed before poland was invaded

The scene on the boat where the 'evil' brit tries to get the french soldier killed and later allows him to drown, but it's ok cos he gets his face burnt off!

so what was the best fighter plane in ww2?

fun fact : it was britain and france who declared war on germany

???
What about that was not accurate, necessary or appropriate?

After Germany did what? Come on user, think hard. This will be on the test.

What's hamfisted or unappropriate about that? Do you think brits and frogs loved each other, especially at that time?

>After Germany did what?
n-nothing wrong?

Go to bed, Chris

fun fact: Poland had a military alliance with Britain which stated they'd come to their help if they were attacked

>HELP HELP

>GEORGE DUN'KIRKED HIS HEAD!

Really, Nolan?

really makes you think huh

After Germany broke an agreement that they knew full well would cause war in Europe at some scale. Should have followed Churchill and declared war during the sudeten crisis, Germany could have been defeated with much more minimal losses to all the western powers and the soviets weren't strong enough to expand at the time.

Hawker Hurricane is underrated, it was overall a better fighter than the spitfire but it was harder to mass produce so few survived later than the Battle of Britain.

How dare you make light of the day 500,000 innocent German women were blown to bits by British bombers. The memory of 750,000 dead Dresdeners is not a laughing matter. How would feel if 1,000,000 of your fellow countrymen were murdered by those Anglo bastards?

fun fact: also ussr invaded poland, did they delcare war on them as well?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill,_Hitler_and_the_Unnecessary_War
really does make you think don't it

cool I think one of those is going to perform near me. I saw something about a hurricane plane.

I was just pointing out how stupid that user's argument forming is by mentioning that the bombing of dresden somehow justifies germany invading poland.

Tom Hardy was captured alive and after the war went on to start a concrete mixing business.