Gotham - GUILTY Edition

Gotham has its mid-season finale this evening. How will Penguin deal with Sofia Falcone? Is based Carmine coming back? What's Professor Pyg up to after escaping from Arkham? Will Jerome have more than just a short cameo appearance to tease the second half-season? And how huge will Tabitha's cleavage be this episode?

Season 4 Episode 11 Trailer (Jerome):
youtube.com/watch?v=-OxH1Od_MUI

Professor Pyg Fight:
youtube.com/watch?v=Hupo_J1FxmU

Sofia Falcone Seducing Penguin
youtube.com/watch?v=LdBDMX24k-M

Jerome Seasons 1-3 Recap Before His Return Tonight:
youtube.com/watch?v=PgNMM_dpZRE

Solomon Grundy:
youtube.com/watch?v=MqzI64otIu4

Gimpman Begins:
youtube.com/watch?v=tTcBTf5rTEA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmTZqY5_qJk
farfarawaysite.com/temple/c-d/camren/events10/gallery.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=z_RDJJM9Tr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And do you guys think we will see Bane in season 5 or at the very least CIA?

Anyone as excited as me? :/

No one wanna talk?

Anyone? >_

hello

Not you. Someone else please come talk to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmTZqY5_qJk

It's better than the movies, half way season 3 but it's to GOTHAM much.

Wut?

another Camren Bicondova thread ?
No, thanks...

farfarawaysite.com/temple/c-d/camren/events10/gallery.htm

Yeah, wouldn't want one of those. Horrible.

Gotham has its moments.

It was just so tedious getting through all the Fish scenes in Season 1, but thank fucking god that shit stopped. Couldn't be happier she died a second time.

When are they going to bring back Harvey Dent? Actor was awesome when he got to show his anger in that one scene. Would full Two-Face be too expensive for Gotham?

DAMN SON

She wildin'

I think they're saving the best for last. I want to see him too, maybe season 4B? I can't think of another half series villain for season 4B

Shes pretty great

Well they are bringing in Jerome tonight to set him up for the second half. But I hope Bane finally shows in S5.

I think they could get away with Two-Facing Harvey Dent if he only shows his CGI face in some scenes, but most of the time he covers it with a half-face-mask. Kinda like Telltale Batman.

Calendar Man or Killer Moth please

Did anyone else think Professor Pyg's "southern accent" sounded English as hell? Thought for sure he would be some bloke from Liverpool. Only part of the Pyg story that made me shake my head. Clearly the cunt is not from the south.

I'm bad at placing accents, so I wouldn't know but I've been really enjoying the actor's performance. Kinda wish he got to sing the full song at the people pie dinner without being interrupted haha

I only noticed because I've lived in the south my whole life. He's one of the better villains so far. I keep waiting for him to go after a bigger fish though.

Ventriloquist and Scarface would be pretty rad and wouldn't eat much into their budget, unlike Two-Face.

Well he did go after Sofia and Penguin. Doesn't get much bigger than that. No clue what he's up to now but he's in the trailer for tonight's episode, so we'll see.

Budget didn't stop them from having an amazing CGI Scarecrow in S1 and a full Scarecrow episode earlier in S4. In fact I hope he pops back up for the finale to give Bruce his bat moment.

That was all for show though. Would love to see the Pyg vs Grundy.

This show and all other cw shows are trash and your all bunch of tasteless plebs

Why did they kill based Maroni? He could be straight out of The Sopranos with his malapropisms.

That CGI Scarecrow looked better than it had any right to really.

>your all bunch of tasteless plebs

honk honk

youtube.com/watch?v=z_RDJJM9Tr0

I had entirely forgotten about him. He was the best part of season 1. Should have revived him instead of Fish.

Oh boy a Gotham thread not on Sup Forums!

I miss Barnes for what it's worth, would have loved to have seen his stance on the Pax Penguina.

I didn't care for Fish either, but I prefer how much more grounded it was in season 1 and how the main concern is your typical mafia types.

I mean it's neat to see wacky Batman stuff around, but I guess I preferred it when it was trying to be a relatively more serious crime drama.

Baby Doll if they're keeping to the less mainstream but more modern villains, like Pyg as a present example.

Ahhh yeah, Barnes was a great original character until they cartoonified him.

>sing the full song

Yeah that'd be fun. My brother watching it burst out laughing when he got interrupted though, because the way the beat dropped and just as Sophia cut in, it sounded like she was going to start singing as well. Imagining the scene play out like a musical.

That's pretty hilarious actually.

I feel like the current Sofia Falcone storyline feels very s1ish in that regard. Just crime underworld manipulations, good stuff.

I liked him as the mundane straight man against all the wackiness of the city and other people. Gordon doesn't count since he's often immersed with the crazy shit, but it was always great to see Barnes struggling to make sense and cope with insane shit after insane shit, and still staying clean and good through it all.

His Judge Dredd turn on the other hand, I don't think it was a bad idea but I agree that it was handled poorly and by the end he became a caricature. Though, I guess that could be a statement about Gotham the city itself, nobody stays good and normal forever.

It's not cw show though

I dread to ask, but who would you have playing her?

It certainly looks better than any CW show and the only teen drama is Brucey.

I guess you're right, yeah it does have shades of the more grounded season 1. I guess I just don't like all the GRRL power stuff. Like Sophia is fine, but maybe could have given her some guy lieutenants or something.

Or maybe try some other mob besides the Italians since they had their day. Penguin's got things good under control but he's still unhinged and does things a little crazy like having Freeze and Firefly around. Might be need to see just some completely normal but appropriately brutal and prepared criminals pose a threat, like the Russian mob shows up in town or the Triads or something. Likely not a season threat but a persistent thorn in some sides.

Whatever happened to Bruce's doppelgänger?

You know I actually have no idea, probably not an actual toddler or anything but still a child actor. Go for a Shirley Temple feel maybe, but with violence and swearing.

He's hanging out with Renee Montoya, Barnes and Harvey Dent.

He died. I don't recall if it was actually shown, but by the end he was dying of old age or something, the Court of Owls lady discussed it with him and he kept getting nosebleeds and coughing up blood.

I'd love some extremely rude little shit of a girl that spouts any and all swear words that Fox will allow. Could be like a 10/11 year old, so not super young. Actors like Maisie Williams showed young kids can still accomplish some great stuff in dramas.

I can't be the only one who hated the portrayal of Scarecrow right? They didn't modulate his voice enough, that he sounded like a little kid, and the costume wasn't that great, something about the eyes just doesn't sell it.

Yeah but then he fought Selina and ran off and we never heard from him. So he could have technically found help of some sort (Hugo Strange? Dollmaker?)

Just like Bruce, I feel like he'll improve over time, outfit-wise. Though to be honest with you, I kinda prefer Gotham's Scarecrow mask over Batman Begins'.

I mean that's basically what Baby Doll is, a vicious and nasty little girl, only handwaved to be an adult. The right child actress, and the right handling by the writers could pull it off. I really like how they handled Pyg so I have faith it's possible.

And it could fit along with the show of being measured in it's oddities.

Yeah, it's not impossible that he could show up again and be like, "Oh boy Dr. Strange fixed me!" But as far as the audience is concerned, he was dying and then left without a trace, so until otherwise shown, dead is a pretty safe assumption.

At least until they need him again.

Eh, I preferred Begins' mask, however I prefer a Scarecrow with a hat to either of them. Something I really liked for sure that Gotham did, was Firefly's original outfit, that kind of parka-looking thing and the goggles. I preferred her original look much more than her look post-Strange.

Easily my favorite character of the season, disappointed he didn't just get Carmine'd to leave rather than killed.

I agree. I know the word is overused hereabouts, but this was pure kino.

I loved the scene where Maroni and Penguin play the secrets game and he tells him the gun isn't loaded after Penguin turns on him

"Good secret, huh?"

I hate how they replaced the old Firefly actress after season 2 with a far shorter one.

The one I'm replying to is new tiny Firefly. This one is original Firefly

both are cute tho

What even happened to Firefly after gettin shot

>"Here's something most don't know about me; I may not look like it, but I'm FAST."

Yeah it's a great look, like something you could actually see IRL. Kind of a theme for me in regards to Gotham I guess, the more grounded/mundane it is the more I like it. Present Firefly, she's still fun but the look is already too far along to 'normal' Batman.

She zinged off into a wall and got knocked out. Pretty sure they wouldn't kill her off.

Penguin really evolved over time

I also hate how Mr. Freeze has no agenda of his own. Like his original two or three episode storyarc was nice and engaging. But now he's just a way for Oswald to freeze things and people at will. Though the variations on his suit they went through in season 2 all looked pretty cool to me. Something about the white hair bothers me. Guess I wish he was bald. And I kinda want him to rebel against Oswald eventually. He needs some semblance of a personality back.

I love his disco vampire hair in s4

I guess they're keeping her prisoner? Just weird they didn't show that in any way, or at least mention it

I'm curious about what Jerome will be up to, though

I heard he might be teaming up with Penguin

desu everybody in Gotham is pretty cute :3

Yeah his role in the show is confusing. When they actually killed off Nora I was like "Oh shit!" Because even though I've seen it complained about before that it's ALWAYS, I don't mind it at all. It's a classic motivation that's simple and works, and easy to understand.

Without her now, and nothing to replace her... yeah, what's he doing? Firefly still seems a bit unhinged but true to her name, appears to genuinely enjoy just burning shit for fun. Freeze though, even under Dr. Strange, didn't have his mind fucked with. He's still just a normal guy mentally and personality-wise, so without something to keep him around it seems really weird.

I assumed she just woke up and escaped later, or that they wouldn't even bother to capture her. Barbara and the girls didn't stick around and wouldn't have carted Firefly off with them, and there'd be no reason for Lee and Co. to keep her a prisoner in the narrows (plus they'd have shown that why not) so yeah, probably just slinked off when no one was looking. That's my guess.

Is Solomon Grundy Gotham's version of Hulk?

>that it's ALWAYS the same moivation for Mr. Freeze

Meant to say.

Gotham the TV show? Kind of, though technically he's not even a Batman villain. But a big strong brute of few words, yes.

>why did Lee get so ugly this season?
>Why did Barbara get so ugly this season
>Why did Sophia get progressively ugly throughout the season
>Why is Tabitha always ugly?
>Why is Camren a CUTE!

I feel like the writers have a lot of great ideas, but every so often they make a mistake with a guest character/side villain and then are stuck with that and try to just go with it.

I have no idea who is responsible for the Ivy clusterfuck, though and how anyone could make sense of what they were thinking.

>S1 have child Ivy
>do nothing with her for two seasons except occasional cameos
>age her up in s3 so she can seduce people
>have her be a goon for Penguin for a bit
>in s4 she takes a bunch of pills and then disappears off the face of the earth
>announce she will be recast yet again

Like, jesus, try to come up with a good story, I doubt the actress was the problem.

but tabitha is best girl
though to be honest none of them are bad looking

Camren is best girl

Totally agree. Shouldn't even have aged her up. Have kid Ivy find drowned Penguin and help him out, then have her be his stooge like what Martine became.

Would have been funny to see that duo, Penguin babysitting kid Ivy who might annoy him but has the uncanny knack for saving his ass.

Still waiting for my DVDs to arrive tomorrow or the day after.

>4th panel
>Undertaker "Dead Man" face
>Grundy's cleavage

i can tell you care about gotham and want it to be as good as possible

That kid Martin was great btw. Where do they find these kids? Glad he survived.

Of course. I love this show and its complete madness. Just wish little things were a bit better and well thouht out. I know there are many shows with deeper plots that are better written, but Gotham is just incredibly fun to me. Makes it easy to take my mind off real life troubles.

>I just don't like all the GRRL power stuff
I usually hate this stuff when it's forced as well, but I haven't felt this way with Sofia, she's mostly a manipulator, although some things are indeed too much, like the Dentist scene. No way she'd remember that information even if she knew where his family was.

As for Barbara's team, they constantly make mistakes, fail, and are pushed around by more powerful people like Penguin, Ra's and even Dr. Thompkins.

young Ivy had way more of a "I don't give a shit" attitude, I kinda preferred that over ditzy adult Ivy.

Sofia is hot as fuck, Jimbo don't want to smack THAT!?

I mean surely she's only using him, and he knows, but I'd still take advantage of that if I was in his place.

Also, Harvey when?

Maybe Ivy#3 will be like Arkhamverse Poison Ivy?

Harvey Dent or Bullock? And what about him?

Yeah, Young Ivy was great as a friend to Selina and Bruce as well. I really didn't miss the seduction part of the character, but even the aged up Ivy wasn't bad, like, I was starting to warm up to her and now she's recast again, the fuck?

Both, but I was talking bout Bullock. I felt really bad for him after Jim took over, and I love their bromance, it's what made me stick through the first few episodes of the first season..

Why no Blu-Ray, hombre?

>that pic
Remember when they said Harley would be introduced in the show? I wonder what happened with that.

Gotham needs to do a take on Great White Shark or Jane Doe.

Or do a throwback to Egghead or King Tut.

Their banter is one of the bezt things about Gotham yeah, I hope he doesn't do anything stupid now.

I think they got the word from DC notto do Harley Quinn, because of the current DC movies. Which is a stupid af reason.

Wanted to save a few bucks, so I just got the DVD sets.

>Jane Doe
That would be great. I guess after Pyg, it would be cool to use some lesser known villains.

Suggest it @GothamTVWriters on Twitter, it's actually their real twitter

when does it air?

>a fucking guy who dresses in pig costume
>is fucking great
theres definitely issues in this timeline, but god damn gotham is great.

Will do. I like how their profile pic is Zsasz.

8PM on Fox, brethren.

holy shit