What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Everything.

I remember when people were throwing shits that classic Bat villains like Joker, Two-Face, The Riddler, etc wouldn't be in it.

It was great. Murdered by CN though. WB needs to stop them from killing good franchises.

The cowl. That's basically the worst thing it did.

CN

Two-Face ended up being in, though, as well as Ra's and Croc, plus Man-Bat as a hero.

It was fucking trash. People only gave a shit about it after it was cancelled.

Eh, it got threads after every new episode. That's a lot better than the current Marvel cartoons or even 2012 TMNT.

Did he ever got to tap that?

DC continues to work with CN.

They should just opt for Netflix the next time they want to make an animated show

Not enough Magpie.

Cons:
Executive meddling, prohibitively expensive production, uncanny valley unpopulated world syndrome, that fucking lobster dish, relatively unknown or less popular villains, reliance on toy sales

pros:
Magpie

>that fucking lobster dish

What's wrong with lobster and fries, user?

>reliance on toy sales

It didn't even get a proper toyline. At least GL:TAS had one in the works before the shitty movie ruined all of that.

I should have clarified that. The plan was to rely on toy sales to recoup the stupidly expensive production costs. Then the toy lines never really appeared and the show fizzled and died.

He got killed. At least he got to kiss her twice.

alfred was a better batman

no one wants to see Batman learn the ropes, he must always be the pinnacle of badassdom

Was "Beware the Batman" better or worse than "The Batman"?

They were both good in different ways. Both were better than animated series though.

Personally, I found it a bit better. It had more meat in its bones in terms of writing, story, and characterization. Batman being a newbie was actually taught out and used, and it had genuinely new concepts that didn't feel like just "Batman, but like Jackie Chan Adventures."

Then again, it's hard to determine how better or worse it could've gotten since it doesn't have as many episodes as The Batman.

the cowl makes his head look like a good few inches of his skull have been cleaved off the top

>Both were better than animated series though.

muh nostalgia

I remember watching the first episode. Batman has a thug cornered and the thing that stood out to me most was how unafraid the thug was. Unafraid of Batman. I don't exactly recall what happened after. I think the thug might have actually escaped.

Yeah, I get that this is a Batman in his rookie years. But even so, Batman would have taken this introductory period to be as ruthless as possible in order to sew discontent among the criminal population.

>The Batman
>toy commercial
>depth sucked out of all villains replaced with generic "IM THE BAD GUY"

>Beware The Bat
>knocks off well-known villains by casting them in the clothes of obscure ones, thus denying us true representations of them
>Harvey is a jackass before becoming Two-Face, meaning there's no tragedy to his change
>muh Deathstroke dicksucking
>laser guns

You're funny.

>replying to bait with more bait

>unpopular opinion
>lol hes baiting
What did he mean by this, Sup Forums?

>muh head canon

Harvey is crazy in B:TAS before he becomes two-face as well. Remember Big Harv?

>that fucking lobster dish
Lobster dish?

Starred a bunch of literally who's that normies didn't care about

Cartoon Network.

>knocks off well-known villains by casting them in the clothes of obscure ones, thus denying us true representations of them

Que?

>What went wrong?

They canceled The Brave and The Bold.

That show ended. It had a good run and a definite ending.

See It was the episode where Barbara and some guy go on a date while Batman and Katana are taking on Killer Croc.

> (You)
>That show ended. It had a good run and a definite ending.

I don't have a problem with the ending itself. I have a problem with it needing to end at all.

They spent the budget on animating the cape and had no money for anything else.

Basically, WB fucked up on funding and the showrunner didn't have the ability/see the need to ask for more.

It's tempting to laugh because this is obviously a flagship character but there's a precedent for killing Batman shows off-handed, even when they find an audience, so who knows. Maybe there's a feeling that the cartoons can take the character in directions corporate doesn't want.

>Batman: TAS
>Super nerfed Batman
>Always acts out of character
>1 good episode for every 20 episodes
>relies too much on Joker
>Batman barely used any gadgets
>useless cape
>edgy

Most shows tend to end at syndication number of 52 to 65 episodes. Brave and the Bold reached that number. That's a hell of a lot better than YJ, GL:TAS, and Beware got. Be grateful.

Trash 3D. If it was more realistic like DC Injustice 2 trailer it'd be great. In fact, why not Injustice 2 level 3D alongside BTAS/STAS/JL writing?

Because Blur-tier CGI is expensive as all hell, and considering how CN is shitting on all DC cartoons, it's not worth the expense.

Can't you just kidnap them? I mean how hard would it be to kidnap, enslave hundreds of animators, and make a series? Keep them on Cuba or whatever.

>syndication number of 52
>52
HMMMM

The laser guns were forced on the crew after Aurora.

Not to mention The Batman had them as well. So did Spider-Man: TAS.

The main problem was that CN had a serious hate-on for the DC Nation block, which they considered to be forced on them by the higher-ups at Warner Bros. They took every opportunity to undermine it, and BtB and Young Justice were both victims of this infighting.

Magpie, Anarky and League of Assassins had good episodes. Didn't care for the rest.

Spider-Man and The Batman were kids shows on network TV, so Broadcast Standards required them to have laser guns.

Beware was a cable show, so Standards didn't apply. Nothing was stopping them from using realistic guns, but when the Aurora shooting happened, CN panicked and made them change it at the last minute.

This meant they had to reanimate a whole bunch of scenes very quickly, which drove the budget up. Then later, CN cancelled the show because it had gone over budget. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't care much for Anarky but I did like his theme. Shame it can't be found in decent quality.

being crazy is different then being a jackass

Bland as hell and coming out when people were sick to death of Batman.

Hell, even though it was dogshit, The Batman at least was interesting by how dogshit it was.

>>depth sucked out of all villains replaced with generic "IM THE BAD GUY"

Here's how I can tell you didn't watch it, because the writers put way more effort on Riddler the usual.

I just finished BatB and I'm not sure if it's just me, but the recurring cast was both really well-written and attractive. Like, they were all husbando and waifu tier.

The difference being that's an alternate personality that doesn't show up often. Harv in Beware is always a jackass. The end result is that Harv loses the tragedy of having a split personality take over. All that changed about Beware Harv is his face got messed up.

Did Brave and The Bold seriously predict Batman v Superman?

Or has the "Superman Buster" armor always been a thing?

Also someone should add AU Red Hood to that list. He was fucking dope.

>we may never get a Batman cartoon as good as BATB ever again

Batfags are cancer.
The showrunners hid all the action and drama in the second half of the season, which never was properly aired because CN seemed pretty set on sabotaging the show anyway.

>Harvey Dent
>Deathstroke
>Batman and the Outsiders
It had a lot of potential.
>full Batman and the Outsiders season
>maybe evolving into Batman Inc.
>Had a Manhunter episode, could have had more episodes giving classic B and C listers some love.

>Did Brave and The Bold seriously predict Batman v Superman?
>Or has the "Superman Buster" armor always been a thing?

I did enjoy that they used some of the lesser-used villains, like Humpty, Anarchy and that Professor Pyg showed up. but sadly, I just felt like the show only began "getting its identity" and finding its rhythm towards the final couple of episodes.

And if I'm brutally honest, I'm not a fan of the overall design-choices they did on a lot of the people.

It's always been a thing.