Many decades has passed since the events of Return of the Jedi

>Many decades has passed since the events of Return of the Jedi

>Military technology, aesthetics and Ship design are still roughly the same.

>An aging Millennium Falcon can still out fly an Empires Tie fighter

I thought these guys at Disney were supposed to be smart? Are you telling me a galactic empire encompassing thousands of advanced civilisations, experiences decades of technological stagnation, but can still dominate a galaxy with outdated military technology?

Hmm

technology doesnt really change at all in the star wars universe, even over thousands of years like most fantasy settings

The space jihadis halted technological progress when they defeated the empire.

SR-71 can out fly an F-22

The tech from PT to OT was a pretty big jump

>only 30 years have passed since luke skywalker defeated the empire
>only 50 years since the fall of the jedi and rise of said empire
>"The Jedi? Luke Skywalker? The Force? I though they were all myths?"

Why are there no historical records in such an """""advanced"""" civilisation?

best thread of thre year

Thanks J.J Abrams. Once again your e knowledgeable expertise has tricked the normie movie going audience into thinking this film was great.

In a dogfight, the f22 would destroy SR71 before the pilots would even see the raptor on the horizon. And the f22 has unrivalled manoeuvrability. It's like comparing an F1 car to a drag racer. They serve two different purposes

Can't you burgers learn from Vietnam?

Not everyone's on this site is American.

K well that's stupid

>I thought these guys at Disney were supposed to be smart

They're smart enough to treat the mainstream audience like dumbshits who only want thinly veiled remakes of familiar favorites.

Hopefully the change in the political and social winds will make the masses less easy to placate with this sort of shit.

The war in which the, most technologically advanced, US army crushed the Vietnamese army in some weeks?

Now that's cherry picking, guess he's just pretending to be retarded. Lets compare some "state of the art" military vehicles and try to tell me the 30 years old stands a chance.

Nigga they've had the same tech for like 4000 years according to KotOR.

The tiger was a piece of shit

Ah yes decisive US victory.

hyperspace technology has been a thing for 20,000 years
theres a technological plateau in the star wars universe, i don't know why brainlets can't understand that
star wars is the easiest fucking thing to understand and you can't even get that? fucking retard

A Ford Fiesta from 30 years ago can outrun a military tank

of all the things to hate the sequel for, you find the most autistic and easily disprovable reasoning

idiot. In this case you are digging at a disgusting franchise, a franchise who started good but was seduced by the dark side a long time ago, but this kind of stupid, illogic, nerdy and autistic reasoning will be used against legitimate good movies, so you are a piece of shit

And yet the A7V couldn't even scratch it.

Keyword: Army, my shitposter friend.

This.
Palpatine btfo the trade federation jews and ushered in an era of unprecedented construction boom but jihadI had to cock block

The Millennium Falcon was able to defeat the Tie fighters because Rey had recently scavenged that Star Destroyer and knew the layout. Finn also told her that the First Order Tie fighter radar was bad at low altitudes.

She didn't outskill them as much as she just outsmarted them.

They aren't smart
They are ambitious

Star Wars is literally made for the lowest common denominator brainlets

It exists as a vehicle to sell toys, and needs to be simplistic by design to translate easily across multiple cultures.

As a Vietnamese guy, that was truly the darkest timeline. We could have been South Korea or Japan rich, but now we're a backwater that gets dominated by China a little more every year.

I don't think people have really appreciated the implication of Starkiller tech

SW tech never made sense tho. Since the original trilogy the MF, basically a jury rigged space truck, was faster than most space fighters.

Do Viet's in the west hate American leftists for whitewashing the crimes of the Vietcong, whilst demonising the American war effort in Vietnam?

That's not remotely on the same scale as Starkiller Base.

3PBP

The prequels showed a lot of advancements were being made in a relatively short amount of time.

It was just a quick example, nerd. Nothing in SW tech makes sense.

I too would like an answer to this, would it only be true for South Vietnamese descendants?

>Many decades has passed since the events of Return of the Jedi

>Military technology, aesthetics and Ship design are still roughly the same.

>An aging Millennium Falcon can still out fly an Empires Tie fighter

Well they are STILL using Tie-Fighters.

>the MF, basically a jury rigged space truck,
The whole point of the Falcon is that it looks like a piece of shit, but is actually very formidable. This was established in SW'77. How did you miss this?

This, actually. What the fuck

>This was established in SW'77. How did you miss this?
It won son race in less than something and can outrun a star destroyer, that's all. Outrunning a fucking fighter never made sense.

so you're telling me that I need to turn my brain off in order to enjoy star wars?

It's like holocaust denial that actually took off

Unironically, yes. SW is fantasy in space, it never tried to be realistic nor logic.

>outruns Star Destroyers
>able to fight off TIE Fighters
>Comes in and assists with destroying the Death Star
Luke calling it a piece of junk was just a joke because the audience of 1977 had an expectation from sci-fi movies that the BEST ship would also look the BEST. This joke goes over peoples heads because now the MF is remembered as being one of the coolest sci-fi ships, but in 77 it was just some lumped together piece of crap with a cockpit strapped to the side of it.

Abrahms is a lazy cunt
At least Rogue One had good looking ship and some originality in it

Didn't the Empire go out of their way to purge any records of the Jedi?

>moving the goalpost
They were only able to do that because TIE pilots are as bad at their job as the Stormtroopers. MF isn't move maneuverable than a TIE and is slow.

Every example I used was in the original Star Wars from 1977. Please explain how that is moving the goalpost?

>original point about MF being slower than a TIE
>it never outruns a TIE during the 77s movie
The rest of your argument is anecdotal evidence and the Empire pilots being terrible at their job.

>MF pops out of hyperspace
>TIE goes rushing past
>Han pursues
>says he is nearing on the tiny fighter before the Death Star grabs the MF with its tractor beam
How could it have been nearing on the TIE unless it was faster? Let me guess, the pilot sucks? If that is your excuse for everything I say that contradicts your stupid claim then you are a terrible debater.

In Star Wars they go back literally thousands of wars with the tech, culture and political situation remaining nearly identical

It is space fantasy, the evil empire is always trying to conquer the galaxy

The good guys always struggle heroically and in between attacks live idyllic lifestyles of honor and peace

Well looks like someone realized they were wrong and fucked off.

Actually, someone realized that arguing with an idiot is a waste of time and ignored some aspie that needs to post 2 times to have the last word.

So you are still here?

The only ones who said they thought it was a myth were a girl on a backwater junkyard planet and a guy who had been brainwashed all his life.

The prequels are pieces of shit but they were at least made to expand the universe.
The sequels are just about pandering to the audience and giving them what they want.

Trekkie detected

But nu-Trek is made for the lowest common denominator brainlets too.

it's because JJ is a nostalgia fucking hack

> battle of endor has: TIEs, TIE Interceptors, TIE Bombers, A-Wings, B-Wings, Y-Wings, X-Wings

> TFA has: muh x-wing, muh TIE. THAT'S IT

disgusting display of not respecting the canon and illustrates a surface respect of scifi storytelling

Add your own examples

Yes they're all dumbass kids who cry "not real communism"

A mixed economic system is best imo, but communism belongs in the dustbin of history. Most nations that are still communist in name are moving towards mixed systems like China and Vietnam, if these kids want to have a "revolution" it'll just set the process back to square one.

see
What is even the reason behind using AT-ATs there when AT-STs are better scouts for the Gorilla walkers?

Bro you obviouzly dont understand the military industrial complex.

It wouldn't matter even if the sequels were good. Star Wars fans will just hate anything new in the series no matter what. People are always going to bitch about something.

I'm not talking about in-universe technological advancement but rather about franchises design aesthetics.
ARC fighter wasn't X-wing precursor (Z-95 was) but design wise it served as such in RotS.

The trick is time. There will come along something much worse than Episode 7-9 which will make it look sophisticated in comparison.

Anything apart of Original trilogy shouldn't be concerned with.

Just ignore the shitpile that's being made, its not canon just like the prequels.

Most military equipment is used for decades, if anything because replacing stuff too often is expensive.

During the napoleonic wars, the British had ships in service that were over a century old.

Canada has been and still is using the same F18 Hornets since the late 70s with upgrades, refits and repairs.

You mean star wars fans will drool and buy anything that has star wars logo on it and praise it like the next coming of jesus no matter how lazy and pandering it is.

How did you manage to write completely the opposite of what you meant?!

>Janitor who can’t fly a TIE knows it’s technical limitations
>Mary Sue who’s lived in a mud hut her whole life can outfly Imperial pilots and out Force Sith Lords

Tech from PT wasn't worse than in OT.

The difference was the peaceful galaxy adapting to war and rediscovering military designs.

Technology in KOTOR era thousands of years ago is the same shit they have now.

>dogfight
>f22 has unrivalled manoeuvrability

Dude...

>strong independent woman who’s lived in a mud hut her whole life can outfly white, male, supremacist, pilots and out force shitlords
10/10 film, you biggot.