Snoke is The Prime Jedi, aka the first Jedi. That is why it's call The First Order...

Snoke is The Prime Jedi, aka the first Jedi. That is why it's call The First Order. He was the first of the Order and he is likely trying to reestablish his dominance. As shown here his order was based on balance between light and dark like a shitty Grey Jedi. It clearly didn't work out for him.

And Luke must then be the last Jedi, Reylo being the "new" thing after Luke and Snoke obviously end eachother or at least the jedi order

That's what I think. I wouldn't be surprised if the name Jedi sticks around for marketing and merchandise purposes but the core tenants of the new order will be different. If it happens it will be a new order in every way.

Maybe they should just give new recruits a psych evaluation before they train them to use crazy magic powers and light sabers and shit. I mean fuck, if you can't deal with the death of a loved one without slaughtering a bunch of children and trying to overthrow the galaxy then maybe being in the Jedi order isn't the best career choice. A good psychiatrist would probably save them a LOT of trouble, just sayin'.

duuuude woah overanalysing a children's movie series WOAHHH...

>Luke's first student was to be his sister. However...

It's unfortunate that JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy sidelined Leia in the Force Awakens. In The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, she was implied by Yoda, Luke and Vader to have *As Much* potential in the Force as Luke (a potential that was actually explored in the Expanded Universe novels). If JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy wanted to actually show a female Force user and develop alternative perspectives on the nature of the Force, they should have used Leia. As a diplomat, leader, and mother, she could have used and been guided by the Force in ways we've not seen onscreen yet. Mediating disputes between contentious factions after the fall of the Empire. Inspiring hope, courage and forgiveness in those who follow her. Drawing on the selfless maternal instinct to protect and sacrifice for her children. These are just several new and compelling ways Leia could have demonstrated how the Light Side of the Force can be used for good.

What a shame JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy did Leia and Carrie Fisher such a disservice. Instead of developing a beloved and classic character in a way that elevated the story and universe of Star Wars, they took a page from fanfiction.net and inserted Rey.

Now Carrie Fisher is dead, and their failure is complete.

grey jedis aren't a balance of light and dark but jedis that don't follow the order but also not fall for the dark side
think jedis as catholics and grey jedis as protestants with sith being satanic

>Maybe they should just give new recruits a psych evaluation before they train them to use crazy magic powers and light sabers and shit.

That's exactly what the old Jedi did. Every kid they brought in (mostly orphans, but sometimes kids whose parents didn't want them) was carefully evaluated. It worked for 1000 years. And then.

>Anakin shows up
>*Jedi evaluate him*
>Jedi Council: This kid is a time bomb, we're not going to train him
>Qui-Gon: MUH PROPHECY
>Jedi Council: No
>*Qui-Gon dies*
>Yoda: Ok fine Obi-Wan you can train him, whatever

It's weird how the first thing Luke did was repeat the same mistakes the old Jedi made by taking an older apprentice. Did the ghost of Obi-Wan not mention to him that was the problem? You can't just give a normal person god-like power and expect them to handle it. They have to basically be brainwashed monks from birth to control themselves.

so there's a "light side" now? great. more retcons

I agree, that was really disappointing. In the original trilogy, Leia is basically second-in-command of the entire rebellion. She's a diplomat and former senator, she's got as much potential as Luke...the natural progression, obviously, is for her to lead the entire new republic. And they kneecapped that whole thing for some reason.

The original movies mention a dark side and a good side tbf. "Light" isn't much of a stretch from that.

It would have made more sense if Obi-Wan had promised to train Anakin, but have the council still deny it, forcing him to train Anakin in secret. After several years, Anakin is revealed and the council begrudgingly accepts him as an initiate, because what else are they supposed to do?

Interesting.

If you think they'll kill the star wars cash cow Jedi your dumb. Disney won't do that

>Carries around an evil Sith crystal as a "trophy"
Well that definitely isn't sketchy as fuck.

the ot mentions only "the force" and "the dark side of the force." none of this light and dark stuff they've been peddling since tfa

Force Sloth fags BTFO
How would Sup Forums ever recover?

Even though Leia had all the potential to be a Jedi and even though Disney and Kathleen "The Force Is Female" Kennedy could have used her to bring in a new, uniquely feminine perspective, they didn't. Why not? Three words:

Disney. Hates. Mothers.

Because little girls hate their moms and want to be as different from them as possible. And since Disney wants to market Star Wars to little girls, and that means marketing Jedi, presenting an old, wise, maternal Leia as the CoverGirl of female Force users was the last thing they'd ever do. Even though it would have made sense in-universe, and would have elevated Leia's character in a meaningful way, it would have devalued the IP. So instead they're using Rey, who, like all the Disney princesses, must be young, kind, headstrong, independent, naturally gifted and probably an orphan. If she must have a parent, it will be a father figure (Han, Luke)

HOLY SHIT THIS

In Episode 6, Luke literally uses the phrase "the good side". And of course "the dark side" is used all over the place. There's an obvious implication that there's a positive opposite to the dark side, calling it "the light side" is fine. Disney's reboots has a lot of problems, this isn't one of them.

>They turned Luke Skywalker, a beloved optimistic character who confidently called himself a Jedi, a failure
Fuck you, Disney.

JUST

they could ban him and Kenobi for that

You know what I'd like to see? Characters having good intentions using the Sith side of the force and bad intentions with the light side. I'm really tired of this surface level morality shit show.

Based post user. I much prefer the EU version of Leia since she's much more active and not some military tactician. She's doing politics, training with Luke and gathering new allies for the New Republic. The relationship she had with her father and how she felt about him should be explored more though.

the oversimplification of sides could work fine with some great style

you know like a new hope and empire strikes back

If you aren't aware, this book would be right up your alley.

I bet if these movies had come a lot sooner then Leia would have been a Jedi. They probably didn't want to do any of that stuff with old Carrie. Hell even Luke himself isn't actually doing any Jedi stuff though I'm sure he will only because people expect it at some point

it is a problem because it implies there can be a "balance" between the two sides, despite yoda saying "once you start down the dark path, for ever will it dominate your destiny," implying any tolerance of the dark side is bad

the original idea was that "the force" was good, and using it to do bad things was "the dark side of the force." there wasn't "the force, separated into light and dark." the force was singular and inseparable, with the dark side being a corruption of it

You would have lasted exactly ten seconds at Lucasfilm back when George was making the PT.
All the yes men would have beaten you to death for making them look like the useless scabs they were.

I bet you anything before this trilogy is over they will retcon it to Yoda being wrong and Rey being an amazing Force wielder who can throw out Light and Dark powers with zero repercussions

>It's weird how the first thing Luke did was repeat the same mistakes the old Jedi made by taking an older apprentice. Did the ghost of Obi-Wan not mention to him that was the problem? You can't just give a normal person god-like power and expect them to handle it.
Luke himself disproves this.

I have no hope for this movie, but they could use Luke like they did Obi-Wan in New Hope. Scaring sand people. Chopping off hands in bars. Mind tricking guards. The action in these new movies is way over the top. Basically capeshit at this point.

These movies are made for youg girls. They figured they don't want to see an old woman Jedi, they want a young MAry Sue because that"s what they found in those many fanfiction websites.

Tell me about Nellith.

>Tell me about Nellith.

wtf am I reading?
>According to the trivia of The Empire Strikes Back. In the original script. Princess Leia wasn't Luke's twin sister. In the original script, Luke's twin sister was called Nellith Skywalker and she lived in another galaxy in training as a Jedi and would succeed Luke, if he failed.

What about his slippers ?

GOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDD

hence the awkward incestual kissing scenes.

This would never work because carrie can't act. Did you fags really want to see old af Hamil, Carrie, and Ford running around butting heads and getting into shenanigans?

Was "Race Mixer" retconned?

>tfw when no comfy slippers and big guy skype hologram

rae sloane names it the first order in the aftermath trilogy so your theory makes no sense

subtle

Everything about the new Trilogy makes me want to hate the Star Wars franchise. Good god, most of this shit is fan fiction-tier writing

That all sounds pretty interesting, so Snoke is part of some grey Jedi splinter sect and he ideologically clashes with Luke. That could be neat if Snoke's backstory is established well. I always thought that the best stories you could tell in this universe, revolved around grey Jedi.

That's what they did. They even knew Anakin was going to be a little shit, but Qui-Gon was like MUH FEEFEES HE A GOOD BOY

so Knights of Ren were originally good guys?

Bad guys are good, and good guys are bad.

Di$ney

Idk? Maybe? Why would that be implied?

>so Knights of Ren were originally good guys?

It would have been neat if after the death of the Emperor, the Imperial remnant reorganizes itself into a strictly anti-Force faction, opposed to Dark side users, Jedi, Force witches, Grey Jedi, everyone. The admirals, generals and Moffs all remember how shitty it was to serve under a creepy wizard and his spooky ax-man, so they resolve not to let that happen again. Luke's new Jedi Academy is aligned with the New Republic, while Kylo Ren has split off with others to form their own order of Knights.

Yea I'm aware of this but I'm a bit wary around Disney EU books eventhough I know this one has been praised.

They're not Sith named,and if the Snoke being the first Jedi and all. Also They're named Knights, which is more related to Jedi

ARE you guys hyped for takki wakki's Star Wars movie? I hope it has as a lot of awkward humor XD

that's what happened originally with Legends. Thawn was a change to all that magic bullshit and took a more practical route

>Thawn was a change to all that magic bullshit and took a more practical route

And he resonated with fans because of that.
The bit about considering an enemy's art for a few hours, then suddenly being able to predict their actions was kind of goofy, but his patient, strategic, approach to the war made him an interesting and threatening enemy.

I appreciated the moment where his Star Destroyer is trying to catch Luke's X-Wing with a tractor beam, but Luke pulls a creative maneuver and escapes. Everyone on the bridge holds their breath, waiting for Thrawn to kill the guy operating the targeting computer (as Vader would have done)
Instead, Thrawn compliments the guy for performing his duties competently and directs him to study the recording of Luke's manuever and devise a counter, which could be added to the training curriculum. The crew is inspired and grew more loyal.

>we will never get a movie of Luke traversing the galaxy on a hunt for lore
>we will never see him enter the ruins of the jedi temple on Corusant and have some nutty fucking visions

>I appreciated the moment where his Star Destroyer is trying to catch Luke's X-Wing with a tractor beam
That was a great bit, but you forgot what really made it stand out. In the prior book, something similar had happened, and the guy manning the tractor tried to shift the blame elsewhere, so Thrawn ordered his guard to kill him. The second time, the guy explained what he'd done and something he'd improvised to try to catch Luke, which had failed. Thrawn promotes him.