LESS THAN A WEEK UNTIL RELEASE

>LESS THAN A WEEK UNTIL RELEASE
>LITERALLY NO FUCKING HYPE, EVEN FROM NORMIES

they never really liked it in the first place, just another fad for the retarded masses thrown to the wayside. LOTR is next

this

ive heard of so many people that never watched the originals in the first place. they had 2 movies to expand their audience and they failed horribly

We had these EXACT same threads last year before TFA. the EXACT same. They dont need to spend money on advertising because it's going to make 5 billion dollars anyway.

JUST wars
The last JUST

literally who?

TFA was two years ago and no we didn't.

TFA had massive hype, but the film was a total letdown! Even the normie masses hate it now.
Disney has killed the star wars franchise forever. Sad!

Is that why there was adverting fucking EVERYWHERE for TFA?
They even had Obama promoting it in a press conference

>Virtual remake of the "first" Star Wars movie
>Except this time with characters literally no one likes

this film will do fine but there is no way they can get through this trilogy, the anthology trilogy and a followup trilogy without fatigue setting in. especially with all the blockbusters marvel setting the bar higher every time

fucking oranges bro
O R A N G E S

>grew up with and love SW
>watch trailer for VII multiple times
>pretty excited even tho Disney but whatever
>walked out after 45 min
>haven't seen it again
>haven't seen trailer for VIII
>couldn't give a rat's ass anymore
This is where Star Wars is at my friends.

>G-guys i-its gonna be a flop I swear...

There's a difference between what this thread is saying and your post.
No one thinks it will flop, it's just that people don't give a shit.
They feel like it's a chore/obligation to go see it because the brand has been pushed on them their whole life.

Yep, me and my brother were both massive star wars fans, but neither of us has any interest in the new movies. I liked Rogue one but TFA was honest to god one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

>when your supplemental bonus footage from episode IV is better than the blatant re-hash of episode IV that's supposed to be part of the main series
that's when I stopped

TFA was pretty bland to me, but I didn't hate it wholeheartedly until the moment when the pilot from the beginning showed up again.
I remember thinking, "Wait, didn't the black guy need to finish his mission? Isn't that, like, the whole point of this movie- that this guy is supposed to be dead?"
Very strange. I guess they just assume goyim are stupid at this point.
Oh, and Mary Sue was a self-righteous cunt.

I want it to bomb. If it bombs I'll be stiff for weeks.

It won't flop and if you enjoy nuwars, honestly good for you, it's just not made for it's original fans anymore and I really have no hard feelings since half this planet is window-lickers now. Plain and simple.

This film will either be the blandest, safest SW yet or they let the director do his thing and it'll be the most original, but ignored by normalfags (like 2049). No in-between

Disney would never allow a director to have full creative control

>the mouse
>they let the director do his thing

Star Wars was the biggest franchise around
Only millennials have not seen the originals

I appreciated BR 2049.
good stuff right there

That's why I find everything from Disney since the 70s to be terribly stale.

You DO realize there have been SEVERAL TV spots for TLJ? Including TODAY?

>The mouse
>Taking risks
They realised what is successful and they're sticking with it

is that casey neistat?

Not sure what you didn't understand about the first post. It was a dormant franchise in terms of feature length films and it just got sucked up into nuworld purgatory. It will be tossed aside like every other 'popular' thing once the normies move on.

This is so true, I'm eurofag but if I wasn't already seeking for SW news there is absolutely nobody talking about the movie. Today is the first time I heard the movie is almost out because some advertisement mentioned the last jedi, and it wasn't even to watch the movie

I forgot I preordered the ticket till I saw this thread.

>referencing a shitty gimmicky movie

This is just like me and my family. We are going to see the movie, but it's more out of reflex than something we actually want to do. I am such a big fan of SW I almost can't believe that I couldn't care less about a new movie, but here we are. Thanks disney, you can ruin anything.

Star Wars is decent, but I don't get the hype all these retard nerds got themselves into with the first one. Decent movie but by no means special, way to many reminders in there and fan pandering.

Star Wars is weird as well, fucking Turbo Nerds shitting up the place with endless facts that never get discussed in the movies themselves and other assorted bullshit lore which further complicates and retards everything. The entire knigths of Ren shit was hyped before the release of the new one as well as chrom McChromeface which has literally zero relevance to the plot.

TFA, CW, RO

Every time you dipshits make these threads and EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME it makes over a billion dollars at the box office

>preordering movie tickets

Why don't they just have the people who wrote TCW write the sequel movies? Those guys really knew what they were doing

It's undoubtedly going to a shit film but there's no way it flops at the box office. Haven't you learned to stop overestimated normies yet?

> we

settle down newfag you're doing it wrong

Oh shit, I remember the first thread where someone posted a picture of these. Good times.

I think the film will do well because of Carrie's death and normalfags are going to go CRAZY for porgs. The entire film will be absolutely forgettable but it is sad that Disney are relying on those two factors I mentioned to garuntee it does well to net more at the box office.

If the movie came out last year, definitely it would have done huge numbers because she died.
It's a year later and with how fast social media moves now, people have kinda forgotten
Kind shocked they're not marketing it around her performance

One thing that bothers me a lot about modern media is how fast we're forgetting things. I wonder if this is because news is dominating absolutely everything and anything more than ever post-9/11 along with social media. It's terrifying.

>go watch first one.
>it's "Star Wars: Woman and minorities"
>villain is a temper tantrum having cringe worthy edge lord with zero interesting background or motivations.

Never even attempting to watch this defilement.

K I N O

>no hype
>theres at least 10 star wars threads up at all on times on Sup Forums

Try everything after 2000

>ticket
>not tickets
You know there will be a strict no singles policy the first week right?

watching this shitfest out of muh tradition and complacency is worse than having a vested interest in it and being excited for it. you may as well pay a disney tithe every couple months and skip the movie altogether because you're not going to remember it anyways.

Oh, and one last thing. kill yourselves

Me and all my friends are hyped af, gonna watch it on opening day already bought tickets.
Get hecked op

What is the difference between Star Wars oranges and regular oranges?

I don't like any of the Star Wars movies, but I've seen them all. Star Wars for me began with the games, and I can't take the movies seriously.
The characters in the OT are unlikable as fuck apart from Vader/Palpatine, and everything in the prequels apart from the movies and Obi-Wan/Palpatine is cancer.

>I'll throw in a random date! that's sure to throw them off!
At best Disney is "safe" since the end of the 90s, although they're still taking risks like the Elsa princess not marrying by the end, and shenanigans like that to try to adapt to the times. But I don't know where you're getting the 70s from. Is this a pathetic attempt to appear "wise" and "old"?

it's like the 3rd star wars movie in a year. of course nobody cares anymore

People are very acclimated to this now, what with Force Awakens and Rogue One.

>I am such a big fan of SW I almost can't believe that I couldn't care less about a new movie, but here we are.

My thoughts exactly.
>watch all the SW movies
>watch every SW animated series
>play most of "big" SW games (and some "small" too)
>read over 150 SW books or so
>read pretty much every DarkHorse SW comic book

>Episode VIII about to launch in a week
>Uh, I don't know, man. Maybe I'll see it, not sure.

At least the prequel trilogy managed to enrage me as well as give me some laughs. With the new trilogy it's just nothing.

OH NO NO NO NO

uuhm spoiler that you shitlord.

it has supreme leader snoke listed as an old character.

200 mil opening weekend.

Screencap this.

>I don't like any of the Star Wars movies, but I've seen them all. Star Wars for me began with the games, and I can't take the movies seriously.
The characters in the OT are unlikable as fuck apart from Vader/Palpatine, and everything in the prequels apart from the movies and Obi-Wan/Palpatine is cancer.

only hyped for luke and everything we've seen and heard indicates he does nothing at all

>born 1980-2000
>didn't see the originals
The group you are thinking of is gen z

>characters that have been around for 30+ years are more popular and iconic than characters that are 2 years old

Woah...

What the fuck? It seems like just a couple of weeks ago that Rogue One aired.

is because Star Wars was always a nerd frachise
Normies really dont care about Star Wars

And now that the EU stopped being canonical and that George Lucas retired from Star Wars

there is no reason to see the new movies

>Leia more popular than Han
>Finn as popular as Boba Fett
This... just... no. Just no.

>this is where YOU'RE at

>Anakin 55
>Vader 49
wut

You're just parroting the box office predictions from deadline you dumb cunt.

>Rey only 1% and Finn only 2% more favorable than Jar Jar
>Kylo 5% below Jar Jar
>FUCKING JAR JAR
>this isn't a problem lel, it's to be expected hurr durr

>Leia more popular than Han
She's more sympathetic by far
>Boba Fett
Literally who

It'll still make billions. Why don't you cry some more? That'll help.

That's 104% because Darth Vader is actually Anakin Skywalker, Luke's father

>kylo ren beneath rey
Dropped

they're force enhanced

Quit fucking lying, Obi Wan said that Anakin was killed by Vader

TFA made 2 billion. Rogue One over 1 billion. Box office tracking Last Jedi to make 200 million opening weekend.

The hype is factually, demonstrably dead (pic related)
TLJ trailers have gotten less than half the views as Force Awakens, less than Thor: Ragnarok and on par with Justice League
RIP Star Wars

>Porgs
>Risk

Some of you cucks are unreal

I don't expect some user on a board with outcasts to notice hype that occurs outside of their parent's house.

I will bet you my Boba Fett collectible that TLJ falls hilariously short of a 200 mil opening weekend domestically
Like, it's not even going to be close

The Infinity War trailer raped it, while taking a shit on DC's corpse

Someone got a bonus for this idea

Good.
At this point we need to burn it to the ground so it can be built up anew.

Isn't it bad for Disney to have 2 of their own franchises (MCU and SW) competing for attention? The Han Solo movie is releasing within a week of Infinity War and I don't understand why

I remember 2 years ago I took a group of like ten friends to see TFA, three of which had never seen a Star Wars film
Everyone was hyped, we had to book our tickets over a week in advance and still got stuck separated with some of our group in the front row because no other seats were available. We'd been hyping the movie up in a group chat for weeks

This year, I don't even have plans to see TLJ. None of my friends have mentioned it to me - a few talk about Infinity War but not Star Wars. None of the people who saw TFA without having seen the other Star Wars movie thought it was engaging enough to go watch the other films; I assume they're not planning on seeing this one either. Just looked at the same theater I went to last year and there's lots of empty seats throughout the weekend

They managed to kill all the hype incredibly quickly. It's almost impressive

That's nothing. Check this out.

that's a good price

Yea he’s fucking retarded and is most likely a millennial himself

Minor fixes that would make TFA much better

>Focus on Kylo
>Recast Kylo to be younger but more menacing
>Rey is now average powered and is a mind wiped survivor of the Kylo's massacre
>Phasma is a man and has a personal connection to Finn
>Resistance is The Republic
>First Order is downsized
>Starkiller isn't a base but a bomb delivery system
>Poe Antilles

>Thu
Holy political Cringe. If Trump did this with Avengers or some shit he would be ridiculed for a few months.

yeesh that's rough

You forgot
>Finn is no longer a nigger