Rey is SO good. She's smart, she's vulnerable, she's gifted, she's funny...

Rey is SO good. She's smart, she's vulnerable, she's gifted, she's funny, she's lonely and dirty and kind of weird because she raised herself, she is so very much the fantasy of the little girl I was who imagined running away to the woods and living in a treehouse forever. Rey makes me think, in a vague, abstract way, of books like The Bridge To Terabithia or Little, Big--a mood of magic and adventure and far-away, but sad, too.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42250542
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How come it was completely okay for Luke to fail and seek help but Rey can't and has to do everything perfectly because she's GOD?

I agree. I especially like how she's super competent at everything, rendering every other character redundant.

and in the end you became a roastie

Don't women find it kind of patronising that so many female main characters recent films are marry sues?

a cute

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42250542
>I did it because of how bad it is for mental health.

>not because disney sterlised your whore past

OTHER COMMON ARGUMENTS:
But how could she possibly win a lightsaber duel with a Sith without any training, while Luke got his hand cut off in his first battle with Vader? Well, the first problem is that Kylo is just an apprentice and Vader was a Sith Lord. In fact, he was THE Dark Lord of the Sith. Snoke also mentions that Kylo needed to complete his training so he clearly is not a Sith Lord. The second problem with this argument is that Kylo was seriously injured by Chewie's bowcaster from a previous scene. This is why someone (Finn) who wasn't even Force-user was able to survive as long as he did against him. Finally, lightsaber dueling is more about the Force than actual training and skill with the weapon. If people had read the books they would have a better understanding of it. Particularly the New Jedi Order series. The Jedi had to fight an enemy (the Yuuzhan Vong) that they couldn't sense with the Force so they were unable to use it to anticipate their actions during battles. They had to rely on their lightsaber skill alone and this didn't always turn out well for some of them. Oh and Rey was also clearly skilled at fighting with her staff.

But how was Rey able to fly the Falcon better than Han Solo? When exactly was it established that she was better at flying the Falcon than Han? I think people mean to say she was better at fixing the Falcon, which makes sense considering that she salvaged ships for a living. Also, she may very well be better at piloting the Falcon than Han, considering her natural Force ability and the fact that she spent so much time on the flight simulator. And don't forget that Skywalker bloodline. Also, remember that Han is not a Force-user.
So for the last time, no, Rey is not a Mary Sue. If she is, then so are Anakin and Luke. Anakin was the freaking Chosen One. lol

just a matter of time until we get some nice coke pics

She's clearly a Kathleen Kennedy self insert in this joke of a fanfiction. Only a middle aged woman who never cared about Star wars would relate to this horrible character

MARY SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well she is awkward

Rey is literally the only saving grace of the entire new trilogy.

One thing I haven't seen brought up anywhere: Rey on the Eravana

So when Han gets surrounded by gangs that want payback for being swindled, Rey decided to help by trying to close off doors. She does this by hitting random buttons, and in the process sets Rathtars loose. In trying to fix a problem, she creates a new one.

There's gotta be a word for that sort of thing.

>I think people mean to say she was better at fixing the Falcon, which makes sense considering that she salvaged ships for a living

Stripping parts off something doesn't make you a mechanic.

Women are not intelligent enough to think that.

thats not daisy

Probably sold her body numerous times to pay for portions.

Irony?

>inb4 replying to pasta

Name one time Rey failed at something. One single time she was in a situation where she didn't miraculously discover the ability to solve the situation. Literally every other character played second fiddle to her and that is why the movie was unfulfilling to watch. All other characters are either fan service or there to make her look good through some way, shape or form

can any of you say
maaaahhhreeeeyyyy suuuuuuueeeeeeee?

She failed to help Han deal with the gangs on the Eravana. In fact, she ended up creating a new one (Ravenous Rathtars set loose)

If only she got "Bridge to Terabithia"'d...

>Tfw we will probably never see Rey sink to total despair and flirt with the dark side

Why did they have to start making female character so two dimensional?

"Full portion will cost you a quarter portion."

They should have casted that bitch that played joi in blade runner

>vulnerable
>funny
>smart

When?

the Rathtars that eat all the gang guys and solved the problem? she then miracously managed to save Finn immediately after.

Seriously this is the equivalent of a roastie going "ooopsie ;) i made a boo boo uh oh!"

>oh the Rathtars didn't eat any of us good guys, and they managed to get rid of all those baddies, and I did it all without trying, :):):):) girl power! im so mary sue i can solve all problems even accidentally!

The Rathtars solved the gang problem though, and she solved the Rathtar problem.

the worst thing about rey is that everyone she meets immediately likes her and wants to be her friend. bb8 follows her instead of pursuing his mission from poe, finn instantly likes her and wants to protect her from the not-empire, chewie instantly likes her and han asks her to join his crew within a few hours of meeting her, maz immediately acts motherly towards her, kylo instantly takes an interest in her and can't bring himself to kill her, leia embraces her the first moment she lays eyes on her. even snoke wants her. it's awful

That is not Finn and Poe having kinky gay sex.

I especially like how she is more powerful than superman, spider-man, the X-men, and the Hulk combined. And that acting skill, just perfect.

And this without any logic, her first interaction with Finn is her beating him and accusing him of being a thief, then she bossed him around in the Falcon. Why would Finn want to hang out with sucj cunt let alone risk his life to get her out of the SB??? Han Solo first says he will drop her on the next stop but once they arrived he offers her a job on the Falcon. Literally nothing happened between these two moments except Rey almost killing them by releasing the rathars.

I legitimately don't understand how long-term SW fans can still be enthused about the current movies.

I just don't.

It's clear to anyone with functioning eyesight that they're just remaking the OT. Worse, they're making all of their new characters the strongest ever in the history of SW.

It's just so blatant and unoriginal and uninteresting.

>her first interaction with Finn is her beating him and accusing him of being a thief, then she bossed him around in the Falcon. Why would Finn want to hang out with sucj cunt let alone risk his life to get her out of the SB??

He's a real man that admires strong independent marey sues.

Reminds me of WW movie
Everyone likes her
She instantly mows down everyone
Kinda has a hard time but still beats the main bad guy at the end

They even set up some super strength formula and you'd assume they give it to the soldiers so Wonder Woman would have a hard time beating them...but it never happens

Basically the same as Rey. Everyone likes her and she's great at everything
At least Superman gets beaten up and then has some plan to send everyone back to phantom zone.

..has jowls

She seemed pretty neurotic to me. I dunno.

>neurotic
probably from all that COCAINE

You don't need a character to fail for a movie to be fulfilling, not once in either of the john wick movies did john wick ever say "Looks like I can't get out of this one." Even when he's tied to a chair in an abandoned cathedral he's confident that he's going to escape and kill the antagonist.
That being said the fact that tfa didnt let any of the other "main" characters show their other strengths was a bit of a letdown-Po is a great pilot but what else compared to Rey, who is also a good pilot due to her latent force ability? And wtf is Finn even good for?
(checked)
unkar plott was rey's guardian or whatever for a while, you see them holding hands in the vision of rey's memory, he probably had her working on repairs, and when she came of age was able to translate what certain parts did to how valuable they were.

>The Bridge To Terabithia
It was annoying and ASR has an ayyy face