Dustin Hoffman and "Last Week Tonight" host John Oliver got into a heated discussion Monday night when Oliver brought...

Dustin Hoffman and "Last Week Tonight" host John Oliver got into a heated discussion Monday night when Oliver brought up recent allegations of sexual harassment against the actor.

The exchange took place during a panel moderated by Oliver for a 20th anniversary screening of "Wag the Dog," which starred Hoffman.

"'It's 'not reflective of who I am.' It's that kind of response to this stuff that pisses me off," Oliver said. "It is reflective of who you were. If it happened and you've given no evidence to show that it didn't [happen] then there was a period of time for a while when you were a creeper around women. So, it feels like a cop-out to say 'well this isn't me.' Do you understand how that feels like a dismissal?"
Hoffman replied, "It's difficult to answer that question. You weren't there..."
Hoffman also questioned whether Oliver believes everything printed about what his accuser says happened.
"Do you believe this stuff that you read?" Hoffman asked.
"I believe what she wrote, yes," Oliver replied.
"Why?" asked Hoffman.
"Because there's no point in her lying," said Oliver.
"Well, there's a point in her not bringing this up for 40 years," Hoffman said.
"Oh, Dustin," Oliver said, as he put his head in his hand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D1WGh_lG2uU
youtube.com/watch?v=bZNuh0xxKis
youtube.com/watch?v=VHHKTcWnnqo
youtube.com/watch?v=Nk4rrRnKt8A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oliver is an idiot

lol what a dork.

He's a comedian not a vanguard of public morality. This shit happened when he was 17 for christ sake

Seemingly unable to understand that this didn’t make the touching OK, Hoffman then went on to ask why Ross was raking up something that happened 40 years ago. Oliver responded well enough, with an: “Oh, Dustin, Christ.” But a larger response is necessary.

Women are bringing up stories of inappropriate behaviour from 40 years ago, 30 years ago, 20 years ago, because women currently hope they have a “teachable moment”. Women are now giving examples of behaviour that they didn’t like at the time it was imposed on them, because back at that time it felt impossible to complain.

Back then, a pat on the knee – or the bottom – was considered to be a compliment that any woman should be happy to receive. The suggestion that a man would like to have sex with her? Better than Christmas! No greater tribute!

How the woman might actually feel about such “compliments” was not considered important. What women are saying now is that it’s the only thing that is important. What women are saying now is that it is not incumbent upon them to place the needs of men who wish to touch them or direct sexual innuendo at them above their own need to be respected as a human being rather than a sexual object, and that it never was.

What’s incredibly frustrating is that “40 years ago” or “different times” is only ever used as an excuse or a defence. There’s the vaguest of admissions that standards of behaviour have changed. But there is little or no admission that it’s right that they have changed and that they still have not changed nearly enough.

Hoffman is still insisting that his experience of touching Ross is more valid than hers. In doing so, Hoffman is unconsciously revealing that his fundamental understanding of when it is appropriate to touch women has not changed in 40 years. All he now understands is that those attitudes can get him into trouble these days.

>Oh, Dustin, Christ.
John Oliver really is insufferable.

>But there is little or no admission that it’s right that they have changed
I don't understand how the left can straightfacedly say that they know exactly what is absolutely right and just with total certainty. How can you characterize a cultural change as "good" or "bad", or know how much change is "enough"? What if in a hundred years our understanding changes and these standards of consent are seen as regressive?

Oh, Anonymous, Christ.

Soft boiled clitoris was a shitty joke and hoffman should honestly be ridiculed for thinking it was anything close to clever, he should stick to what's in the script.

>I didn't like this 40 years ago but at the time I felt like I couldn't talk about it. Now I can.

What is the issue?

Oliver sounds so damn insufferable.

They could both die in a fire and nothing would be lost.

He's like the American stereotype of an obnoxious English person and yet he's extremely popular. It's weird.

Hoffman might be an asshole but he apologised and Oliver told him straight to his face that his apology wasn't good enough for him
what a fucking piece of shit

That's what Hoffman gets for apologizing like a bitch. He played right into the cockroaches hand.

So when do we hear about the accusations against Oliver?

Never fucking apologize to these cunts. You are just signing your own death warrant. Deny that shit and accuse them of being money grabbing pieces of shit who have tried to blackmail you in the past.

Hmm this actually made my noggin joggin, I was happy to laugh at this celebs being called perverts but things were drastically different then than they are now and he would've done something seen as perfectly acceptable, you can't then criticise somebody for doing something that is now seen as bad when at the time it wasn't

yeah best move is not to play in these cases since it's not just a private exchange but a part of some social movement and every retard on twitter wants a piece of the action

fucking rat jew

jesus christ oliver is such a fucking goober

It's a shame because there's no way anyone can come out clean from this. You deny it, you look like an asshole for denying it. You admit it's true, you still look like an asshole and on top of that they fire you because you just admitted it was true. If these people did something bad in the past but have been working on making things better since then, maybe they aren't completely terrible human beings.

> you've given no evidence to show that it didn't [happen]
> Because there's no point in her lying

John Oliver is such a stupid faggot.

The soy is strong with this one

>innocent until proven guilty
I thought he was against fascism

All civilized countries use guilty until proven innocent. It's the only way to keep criminals from getting away.

>"Oh, Dustin," Oliver said, as he put his head in his hand.

Such wit.

Stallone quickly denied his accuser and now it's already forgotten by the metoo retards

Wait. Was this interview supposed to be funny originally? He's a comedian right? Not an investigative journalist. I personally would find it funny to be gently raped by Hoffman.

Fucking hell. This is why white birth rates are at an all time low. You aren't even allowed to flirt with white women without the risk of being labelled a sexual deviant

Oh, user. Christ

stalones not a manlet. I don't see how you can make a comparison.

Good Jew Bad Jew

>This shit happened when he was 17 for christ sake

you are a retard.

He did well. He should have been black listed a long time ago and maybe prison time even.

>"Oh, Dustin," Oliver said, as he put his head in his hand.

*cue laugh track*

I blame the immigrants, the mudslimes are scaring women into hating all males

does current year even get that he was badly btfo by dandy dustin hoffman

>I don't understand how the left can straightfacedly say that they know exactly what is absolutely right and just with total certainty. How can you characterize a cultural change as "good" or "bad", or know how much change is "enough"? What if in a hundred years our understanding changes and these standards of consent are seen as regressive?
First, our views will be seen as outdated. It will happen. It has happened since the beginning of time.

Second, modern liberalism is a mental disorder. There is no argument that can be made to make them change their world views. Even if every gay person was thrown off of a building by Muslims, they'd still defend Muslims. Even if every white person gave 100% of their wealth to some minority group, the whites would still be racist oppressors. Modern liberals are deranged.

>that pic
What country doesn't have more mobiles than toilets?

>you are a retard.
Why, was he not 17 at the time?

feminism does nothing to liberate the talk about psychological violence on men from women

feminism does nothing to liberate the talk of raped men inside a household

feminism favorizes the abortion whithout even the requirement to inform the father

feminism does nothing against coerced paternity

feminism does nothing about the inequality favouring women on the dating game

feminists actually do not promote intellectual independence as a men is considered a sexist scumbag as soon as he disagrees with them or even try to nuance their positions

do you still believe that the feminists fight for equality ?

>leftists are only moral and cultural relativists when it suits them

No duh

Video?

John Oliver is a fucking faggot

I honestly though on the left in the original pic was Colbert haha

Al Franken literally sounds exactly like Heath Ledger's Joker and this board doesn't like him. Makes me sad. Where did all the DChads go?

It's sad because they laugh at the weirdest times on John Oliver's show but they aren't a laugh track, they're the real audience.

>Jesus fucking Christ Dustin, you can't just be innocent until proven guilty you shitlord, it's almost 2017

*facepalms* Oh, user.

Cant wait for Oliver to be accused

Self righteous cunt

>If it happened and you've given no evidence to show that it didn't [happen] then there was a period of time for a while when you were a creeper around women.
So liberals hate the justice system. I am now accusing John Oliver of raping me when I was 10. Since he can't prove it didn't happen he should now admit to it, apologize, and resign from his show.

Why do all you people talk about doing it but never actually do it? Oh right, because then the FBI would look into your history and see all your anti-Semitic posts on this sub.

>there's no point in her lying

Accusations against Oliver when?

>>>

Top kek johnny Oliver is a literal cuck

And right after that Hoffman should punched John Oliver in his dorky face and screamed, "IS IT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU NOW, YOU LIMEY FUCK?" and kept doing it until Oliver said yes.

It's like Hoffman forgets he's an old rich guy. Dustin, dude, you don't exactly have a "whole life" to look forward to and compared to normies you're loaded.

Seriously, I'd love to see John Oliver try and pull this kind of shit on someone like James Woods. lmao

Lmao why would anyone waste their time talking to James Woods about anything? Name one movie the dude has been in, in the past twenty fucking years.

I would love to beat the fucking shit out of oliver so badly i can't even explain it, he's the most condescending little faggot weasel rat faced fuck to grace earth.

>Name one movie the dude has been in, in the past twenty fucking years.
Now you do the same for Hoffman without looking it up

That's easy because he's still in those Fockers movies.

He knows it and he smiles smugly at you while his audience laughs because he knows you can never touch him.

> John Oliver

youtu.be/D1WGh_lG2uU

>you've given no evidence to show that it didn't [happen]

Fucking idiot

I'm so sorry on behalf of British people for sending you James Corden and this Cunt

I would happily take of Rusty Nailed Baseball bat to this guys head and not lose one wink of sleep afterwards. He is beyond loathsome. I hate him so much.

>a pat on the knee – or the bottom
is this what we're talking about? is this sexual harrassment? fucking kill me

>mfw I realize he is doing the rasengan

did find us a snaggle toothed bongish whore to claim Olvier diddled her fanny and we'll call it even.

Even with 0% evidence the left would eat him from the asshole up before he could even utter a response in britbongese

touching a random girls ass was still a huge no no in 1977, whatever landwhale that wrote that is confusing it with the 50's or earlier.

>there's no point in her lying

A nobody can destroy someone famous, for some people that's all the incentive they'd ever need.

I hope Hoffman has a platoon of private investigators digging dirt on this bong faggot

This is all part of an agenda by the "Elite" to further put control of society into womens hand. Women are easier to control. Simple as that.

Women are better so I'm fine with it.

no they're not. they'll be the end of us.

In all honesty most females would never get close enough to be molested.

Maybe he screams very nasty shit from afar.

Very courageous of Oliver. Usually, nobody dares to bring discomfort into a round like this. He's my hero.

There's actually no evidence that he is a comedian.

>"Because there's no point in her lying," said Oliver.
>"Well, there's a point in her not bringing this up for 40 years," Hoffman said.

Hoffman's logic has yet to be refuted by anyone. Not against him or anyone else that's been accused of things that alleged happened decades ago

wait, there's a video?

youtube.com/watch?v=bZNuh0xxKis

The time of man has come to an end.

less shitty quality:

Civilised ones.

>Wapo
F-fake news! *sweats nervously*

Innocent until proven guilty only applies in a court of law.

In the court of public opinion, you are presumed to be guilty until proven innocent when it comes to any kind of sexual assault crime. When the court of public opinion finds you guilty, you might as well be in prison because your entire life and reputation will be ruined.

>be john oliver
>be signed on to be an interviewer for q&a thing
>actor in q&a gets accused of acting inappropriately 30-something years ago
>don't pull out of being interviewer in opposition to this
>instead take the money from being interviewer
>don't talk to actor backstage or in other place about the alleged behaviour
>instead spring it on him onstage
>in front of a paying audience of people that want to hear about the movie, not this shit
>do this for half an hour
>don't even be reasonable about it, assume he's guilty and just watch him squirm
Literally the absolute worst way he could have handled this.

I, John Oliver, do not love this answer either!

Telling them to lawyer up seems like a pretty good strategy too. Seems to have worked for James Woods.

Dude just won an Emmy, he genuinely believes himself to be invincible. I was actually furious that the Emmy went to him and not Colbert or Kimmel who work much, much harder on their respective shows.

Longer vid

>tfw you realize outside of his show John Oliver has the exact mannerisms as Alexander Jahans

Neither of these videos have his reaction to the "Oh, Dustin." I'm curious what he said. Like, you don't just leave "Oh, Dustin." as the final word in the discussion, do you?

John Oliver still bugs me because he told me not to vote for Jill Stein because she made some cheesy hippie music back in the day. I would have voted for the Green Party but they were dumb enough not to put themselves on the ballot in my state and my state doesn't allow write-ins. I will vote for them next time if they remember to do it.

A stupid statement is still stupid even if it's responding to a different stupid statement

This completely misses the mark and puts up a strawman argument on the relevance of accusations being 40 years old.
It's not that women should just accept what allegedly happened if it occurred so long ago because it was a different time.
Bringing up accusations of harassment four decades later completely kills any chances of the accused introducing evidence in their defence. >Maybe there was a witness that could have testified in their defence but has now completely forgotten or is dead.
>Maybe there was an alibi the accused could have produced but is now long dried up
>Maybe the accused has forgotten the details of the alleged event themselves. If they are truly innocent of any wrongdoing and nothing happened, then asking them to remember what happened would be asking them to remember a completely normal night in vivid detail from four decades ago.

I just can't fucking stand living in a world where something moderately rude is put in the same boat as genuine harrassment or rape. It's fucking insanity

>sexual harassment
>not sexual harassment

Why is John Oliver such a fucking retard?

sexual harassment is what harvey weinstein did
youtube.com/watch?v=Nk4rrRnKt8A
this is nowhere near the same category of tapping somebody on the ass. "Unwelcome sexual advances" being treated as an ACTUAL crime is complete insanity. Yes it's rude, yes, it's wrong, yes it's unwelcome, but it is not fucking sexual assault or harassment. God damnit.

sexual harassment also includes groping random people's bums user

I'd curbstomp that limey prick