Wonder Woman is not even in the Top 100 home video sales of 2017

Wonder Woman is not even in the Top 100 home video sales of 2017

the-numbers.com/home-market/packaged-media-sales/2017

Even BvS and Suicide Squad still are despite being released in 2016

Was the box office a scam?
It could be that they don't have the numbers, but why wouldn't they have it when there's info for all the other 2017 releases? It's been out for months.

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/movie/Wonder-Woman-(2017)#tab=video-sales
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably because most people have already watched it in theater

How did it receive such high praise?

you think the people who watched it 5+ times at the theater will also buy it 5 times on blu-ray/dvd?

No, the real scams where the home video editions of BvS and SS

>Movie is in theaters
>Turns out to be crap
>"Dont worry fans, here's a fixed version of the movie that totally solves all problems and brings back all the mysterious cut scenes you've heard about! Just fucking buy it!"
>Fanboys rush to buy all the bullshit merch and then brag about sales numbers on the internet
Seriously, I've had argument with DCEU fanboys trying to claim the home video sales of their movies must've generated more profit than the entire MCU. WW simply had nothing encouraging people to buy the DVDs and blurays

Nobody needs DVD because everyone saw it in theatres

this

Not with that SHIT cover

People don't buy movies only when they didn't see in theaters. Most sales are from people who enjoyed the movie enough to buy it to rewatch whenever they want.

They had to make it drawn because Gal Gadot wouldn't have enough titty meat for that pose

WW re-watch value is 0%. Turned off halfway the second time bc i was falling asleep.

that is exactly the point!

That's a retarded argument because it doesn't need to make 800 million on home video sales. Like I said BvS is still there and it's 2017 already. Even Blade Runner (the original) is there.

>box office a scam
thats actually a good way to put it.

>La La Land #14
Change that to #1, buckos.

The original BR being there makes sense because of the release of 2049, it creates curiosity or desire to acquire the tittle.

WW has no excuse, though. I think it only was strong in america as well, which isn't bad (they receive more money from this market), but also not a reason to celebrate. I think its success was also exaggerated, for two reasons: WW first movie (feminism) and the failure of the other DC movies.

>The original BR being there makes sense because of the release of 2049

Sure, but it's not a new release. And that was my point, it doesn't even need to sell that much to be in the Top 100

I searched for the numbers in the WW page but there are none. I think they are just not counting, but this is extremely odd.

Ok... so I checked and apparently they stopped counting at September 10 for all movies... Wonder Woman was released September 19

I'm stupid and this thread is dumb

Makes sense. WW was driven by girls going to see it 10x times just to make it a success. Just about everyone I know who sent to see left underwhelmed.

The next one is going to bomb.

Everyone go home

That's ok, it happen to all of us dude.

Wtf is that uhd cover, at least bvs had a good aesthetic in the posters.

Kyssss

I was literally falling asleep during Lala land but then I got to the ending and I left my room happy with the movie.

Good film.

That website doesn't have the data for WW
the-numbers.com/movie/Wonder-Woman-(2017)#tab=video-sales
But it's safe to say it will be another hit, Suicide Squad and BvS outsold Civil War in the market and WW made more than Civil War in the US

Not trying to beat a dead horse but having a female lead superhero movie not focused on sexuality made it a hit to all the SJW’s and younger audience.

The villains and side characters in that movie were worse than MCU villain fodder.

Do DC movies have more deleted/cut scenes on their Blu-Rays than Marvel movies? I could see this as a reason they sell more.

That would be fine if being a SJW movies wouldn't flop all the time. The villain was about as bad as Marvel's, I agree on that

Why someone will want to re-watch this movie with Gal Gadot for 2 hours, it's a torture

What do you mean by that? BvS had 30 minutes worth of scenes added to the Blu-ray

I'm referring to scenes that are in the Blu-Ray that weren't in the theatrical cut, exactly like BvS

That makes no sense, when you hate a movie you don't pay money to see more of it

Her tits aren't even half as big in the actual film. This Blu Ray cover is full of LIES!

I bought the 3d version exclusively to keep the 3d market alive.

What a shit fucking movie.
What aches me is that people are like "stronk womyn yayy"
Completely disregarding the movies with female protagonists before it.
What about the alien franchise or terminator?
Both of which are way better movies than this one, even avatars story and cgi is better than this film.

Sometimes this movie was like kung fury

Most of them are crap,ww was okay for capeshit and also she's a feminist icon. It got its sjw boost but it's still watchable unlike new ghostbusters.