New TMNT/Usagi Yojimbo crossover!

It's happening!!!!
ew.com/books/2017/04/01/stan-sakai-new-usagi-yojimbo-tmnt-crossover/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Nice to see the crossovers still happening after Laird sold the franchise.

sakai is such a great creator

TMNT is in good hands (for comics) and Sakai life is now better.

amazing news

So that's why he took a break from the on-going series? I'm really glad it's this and not burnout or health issues.

>Usagi meets the turtles.
>Best of friends, also he knows english.
>Turtles meet Usagi
>He will kill those motherfuckers dead.

I can see something

Always hype for more Usagi.

bump

Best way to promote it is with a storytime. Sadly, I'm too busy today.

If anyone can, make a thread dedicated to the storytime and include the link there.

It's a good idea to storytime the 3 first issues of UY volume 2 but I'm too lazy.

Announced at the IDW WonderCon Panel = to be published by IDW

Yes but co-published by Dark Horse.

But for my Usagi bros, this thread can die that easily.

This comic needs more love.

*bump

Unfortunately TMNT and UY don't have the love they deserve on Sup Forums

Normally I'm not fond of selling out but I can understand Laird's situation with the franchise and it was too big for him to handle

How bad was it getting for him? Was it at the point where he was constantly negotiating deals, and supervising character personalities in their portrayals? Were lawyer retainer fees getting too high? I'd like to know more about what it's like to be an owner of a successful comic character franchise. Hell, EVERYBODY should, if they have the idea of starting their own comic book.

I think he was tired of working on it and when Viacom made him an offer he accepted cause it was the good timing but he negotciated to still have the right to work on his own comic.

TMNT used to be love here, that before nick TMNT.

And well, we can have a small but "comfy" Usagi thread once of a 2 month.

It really does

>Usagi has crossed over with the Mirage TMNT in the comics on 4 separate occasions and has a rich history with them.

>This is a crossover with the IDW TMNT because the Mirage TMNT are offlimits

Aw. That's disappointing.

Now THIS is a crossover worth spending money on, take notes DC.

>Aw. That's disappointing.
Why? IDW TMNT is good since its beginning so it wont damage UY at all.

the greatest

Groovy.

He couldn't spend time with his loved ones

HAHAHA YES

AND JEI IS THERE TOO

will usagi mention the mirage turtles they are already mentioned the mirage turtles in universe it would be kind of cool, this will be canon to the main series right?

Awesome

According to Stan: "Usagi has met the turtles many times before, but this incarnation of the Turtles is very different since the series has been rebooted. Though Usagi is familiar with the Turtles, he’s not familiar with these Turtles. So they’ve got to reestablish group dynamics, they have to reestablish relationships, and there are suspicions all the way around."
Dunno if canon

Don't die on me.

Usagi don't fatshame pls

Didn't the teacher of Usagi dueled with a man with one arm? How did that end?

One arm? I don't remember. He dueled Koji.

I remember that Usagi fought a man with one arm and lost, even when that guy was laying down on the ground.