For 97 more years morty

>for 97 more years morty

So what did you guys think of the new episode?

Too many 9's.

Always knew Rick was crazy, but all this for some nugget sauce?!

Hashtag Absolute Madman HA HA HA.

He's screwing around. He's just screwing around. Especially because Morty IS SO FUCKING DUMB TO BELIEVE HIM LOL XD

Like, seriously. Morty is so abysmally stupid that you can create tactical plans around him. He's such a tool.

You didn't think 100 years was a joke did you?

Wait, did the new season drop? Way to hype it up, Sup Forums, didn't see a single fucking thread. Link where?

Episode 1 was dropped on april fools
You should know how to use the internet to find cartoons by now

>This got aired instead of Samurai Jack
Fuck Reddit and Memey.

One more week... one more week and we can go back to normal...

I didn't really care for it but I'm sure it was THE BEST EPISODE YET

Forever and ever rick and morty 97 more years.

Seriously I loved this callback to episode 1.

Or do we?

So what happened? I too busy laughing at mlpol i didn't know about it

Season 3 premiere happened.

in the last episode rick was put in prison

what do you think happened in this episode

he escaped

It was okay. Upset to see it fuck up Toonami's scheduling.

Rick escapes prison and destroys the Council of Rick and crashes the Intergalactic Government's economy so everything is back to normal except Beth is leaving Jerry and Tammy turned Bird Person into a cyborg.

I didn't enjoy it at all. I watched it 2 times just to make sure I didn't miss anything and it just wasn't enjoyable. I love the series but it just felt kinda forced without any substance.

Loved it, morty abuse simply doesn't get old. Still would have wanted for morty to be female.

Rick gets shot in the head and dies but successfully transfers his consciousness to another rick

Couldn't fucking stop giggling at end of the episode. Insane Crazyman Rick is Best Rick.

Am I supposed to like Rick?

You're supposed to enjoy watching him as a character, not agree with him

He's not a villain, but he's not a hero = not supposed to dislike him, but not like him either

One of the best episodes.

Not convinced Jerry will leave though and if he does I'll be pissed. I'm imagining the season will be Beth trying to find someone new or deal with Jerry leaving while Jerry does his own stupid shit. Maybe gets involved with dumb Rick and evil Morty.

Like Cartman.

Jerry was wrong though. Rick is the true hero and patriarch of the family

It's been so long I'd forgotten just how good a really dense writing can be

Did he really escape on the first episode?

Not even halfway in.

The only thing i didnt really like was the "drop the currency to 0" scheme
It was really rushed and i felt it could be elaborated better.

Maybe that's why fans of this show are annoying. They don't realize he's an Eric Cartmen character and unironically fall in love with the suicidal asshole nihilistic atheist genius.

It's weird because Rick is the only enjoyable character. He's carrying the whole show on his back. Imagine the Morty and Summer show if Rick was just killed. Lame isn't it? Why aren't there any other likeable cahracters?

>Pheonix Person

best character yet!

What the fuck did you expect?

It's because if they ever show anyone as a functioning, happy individual it flies in the face of the central premise that only idiots or assholes are happy

What's the name of that philosophy? Where happiness is a lie and depression and meaningless is the truth?

The other characters are all pretty enjoyable, its just hat he is, like, the protagonist of the show and shit.

Except Cartman get's his comeuppance usually. But Rick is a stand in for Justin so he can never be really wrong or called out on his shit.

I wish more people saw it this way, but a majority of "discussion" (circlejerking) about the show comes from the /r/ick and M'orty Reddit page, where they just masturbate themselves into a diabetic coma over Rick. I like Rick as a character, but they miss the point of him and only notice these qualities:
>he's more smarter than everyone else
>he's a dick to everyone but nobody can call him out because he's so much more smarter
>he's cynical, because cynical is smart
>people hate him because they're just jealous of his smarts
These dumbasses project themselves onto Rick in an attempt to validate the general contempt people feel towards them as some kind of testiment to their intelligence, as if being hated automatically makes you an underappreciated genius.

It's not like this ruins the show or Rick for me, but it hurts discussion, as circlejerks tend to do. At its worst, it could influence the writers to actually make Rick into what his misguided fans think he is, which would actually ruin the show. But as it stands, there's just a lot of people defending a fictional character from criticism because they see that character as the animated personification of themselves, and that's an even worse R&M thread cancer than the haters.

>First episode with female writers
>immediately got rid of the FUCKING WHITE MALE (Jerry)
BRAVO
R
A
V
O

Only thing that really sucked is that Summer just fell in love with Rick. Her opinion of him jumped crazy high with no explanation

Nah I didn't mean they gotta be happy or devoid of conflict. Just that they aren't funny,charming or interesting to carry the show. Even combined

Jerry hasn't done any fucking any time recently

No. You, like Morty are supposed to be horrified.

They want the show to be episodic, so yes. No season long arcs. Maybe two parters. Maybe.

There's definitely continuity, so at least we have that.

Meh I dunno. Would you watch Jerry & Beth? Summer & Morty?

Still good

They constantly show that rick is miserable and unfulfilled though.

Did you skip the whole second season or something?

I really hate how the show shits on Jerry. I tend to dislike punching bag characters in general because it's just bad writing and leads to really lazy jokes, but with Jerry it's so bad. The guy legitimently tries to have a relationship with his family but they shit on him constantly.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3XTwRyGyec

This show is the fucking flagship for teenagers

Is it because of the sauce. Is the lack of sauce causing him deep spiritual pain?

This is precisely why they are supporting characters. The show needs a few boring mc persons to contrast all the crazy shit.

This is so relieving to hear. Rick is starting to feel
like he was lifted from the short stories in a fat, unpopular High School atheist's black marble notebook.
>tfw to inteligent to be liked

He does get called out on it, but it's usually to the audience rather than the universe, and even if he did he probably wouldn't give a shit. It's also not always entirely obvious when people or the setting are doing this--I didn't at the end of Season 2, when Jerry was pointing out Rick has contributed nothing to their lives while ruining all of theirs, that he's a selfish monster that is using them, and everyone gives him shit for it; I just assumed that the show wanted the audience to agree with Rick and the family. Then the takeaway from the end of the recent ep is that Jerry was entirely right.

I mean, it still makes Rick kinda insufferable. It's gotten to a point where I don't want to see him succeed. He certainly deserves to have horrible things happen to him.

So basically every american animated series ever made?

nihilism?

THIS IS LITERALLY THE GREATEST SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND
PROVE ME WRONG
PROTIP: YOU CAN'T

>making Jerry's dad a literal cuck

That was a bridge too far in my opinion.

Summer and Morty yes (though admittedly a lot of their humor has come from interacting with Rick or his inventions in some way). Beth and Jerry would just be Married With Children except way more uncomfortable.

Where the fuck do you guys find fans like that? Youtube comments?

How far out of my way do I need to go to find a fedora tipping atheist that likes Rick because of nihilism?
Why is everyone acting like the world is full of them, while I've never seen one?

Reddit
#FreeRick
#RickDidNothingWrong

Could be. Maybe that sauce is what I finally need too.

Yeah but Reddit told me to hate Jerry because he has the audacity to stand up to Rick, and that means he's bad

Actually, why does the show treat him like he's so spineless if he's the only one standing up to Rick? I don't even really care about the characters since you're really not supposed to be taking this show seriously at all, but I am annoyed by shitty writing and Jerry just feels like a stand in for dads. The idiot dad stereotype is just really old, and treating Beth as a designated hero is really irritating. She's like Yonder or Bubsy The Bobcat.

Not to mention Jerry is funny. I get a lot more laughs out of him (partly because I can practically see Dr. Spaceman's smug face when he talks) than I do Beth, or even Summer. It seems like the women writers want to even the playing field, but instead of making the women funnier, they just remove the 2nd funniest male character.

Youtube. Go watch some of the clips of the show on youtube. I was like you but then i made the mistake of going in the comment section. It really makes you wonder how can someone so dumb enjoy the show.

I just wished they'd tone it down
he's a messed up guy but on normal levels
he was happy to have a job and a family that didn't shit on him 24/7 then when Rick showed up again they all jumped on his dick
the rest of the family is an emotionally dependent wreck
Jerry should have called for the divorce instead of Beth

Because he's not the smartest and he has feeling
This translates to retarded baby cuck to R&M's edgy rational fanbase

Rick never being wrong is one of the worst parts of this show.

Characters like Cartmen or Bender need to be wrong or get payback eventually. The scenes can actually some of the funniest in the series. Even add in Stan Smith or hell even Hank Hill. Protagonists need to be wrong. Characters that aren't wrong don't grow and static protagonists are incredibly shallow and boring. The jokes get old.

Also he's a weak bitch. The second someone was honest with him about his life style he fucking kills himself. what's stupid is his family is right there, he could go to them for help like normal, functioning people do. Instead he just burbs out some autistic passive aggressive cry for help and then goes to an hero.

Can't find it online and couldn't watch it on tv since I'm not a merry can

Does anyone have a mega?

No you're supposed to laugh at him but find him to be a mentally ill idiot whose a huge asshole to his family.

The problem is the fans of the show love him and want to be like him. You know how many faggots in college used to shout his fucking catch phase and started a habit of burping randomly? I despise his show. It's the Naruto of Sup Forums

Ok but would you go to fucking Summer, Jerry or Beth for emotional support? Fuck no, maybe Morty but he knows Rick' a shit head

The thing is, I don't think you're supposed to agree with Rick, or think Rick is right, or like who Rick is. You're supposed to enjoy his adventures and their batshit insanity, with the occasional bit of blindsided introspection that often goes along with high-concept science fiction (even if they're usually playing it for laughs).

The problem is, Rick rarely ever suffers consequences for his actions beyond maybe feeling slightly sadder. He gets what he wants and he gets away with everything he does. And while the ride can still be fun, it makes you care less and less as time goes on. I don't want to see Rick succeed anymore, so how can I enjoy the predicaments he finds himself in?

Add to that with the show making the closest thing to a voice of reason and decency in the show (after Morty), Jerry, a coward, cuckold, mincing, clumsily manipulative, passive, insecure, mincing little man that the show actively shits on even when he's making sense, and it sorta starts to drive you away.

>he could go to them for help like normal, functioning people do. Instead he just burbs out some autistic passive aggressive cry for help and then goes to an hero.

That sort of behavior and self-loathing IS an example of Rick being 'wrong'. It's his major flaw.

Nah nihilism embraces pleasure as the true source of happiness and says life should be focused on pleasure and happiness. I'm thinking of the one jay says happiness is a false and pain and loneliness is the only truth.

Cartman is irredeemably a piece of shit.
Rick is irredeemably a piece of shit that occasionally has trauma based good moments.

An example is the first episode of S2.
Cartman would left morty to be erased from time without even thinking about it.
Rick specifically saved morty at the cost of his own existance in the heat of the moment.

It's shit like that which is making the end of this episode feel forced, since while springing into a "fuck you morty" rant is completely in character, there's usually a reason for it like a fuck up on morty's part.
"I'm doing it for the SAUCE xD" is completely out of character since he's practically talking to the audience rather than morty.

>like normal, functioning people do
>rick
>a normal functioning person by any stretch of the fucking meaning after all the shit he's done or happened to him.
Gee, i wonder why he didnt act like that user.

College mostly. Also if you do any retail or part time job on the side you usually have to deal with that bullshit generation

A couple of "sad" scenes with mediocre music playing but nobody really calling him out on his shit isn't really comeuppance

I Hate Dan Harmon so goddamn much.

I wouldnt take that too seriously, honestly. That was a 4th breaking reference to the ending of episode 1 s1.

Face it buddy. You're only buttmad because you see yourself in Jerry - a spineless white man who can't get anyone else to like you.

It's because Rick is, plain and simple, abusive and a horrible influence on the family. It's the reason no one who has ever been in his life has been happy and a healthy state of mind. I thought the end of season 2 was Rick finally realizes that but nope.

>"shes not even my original summer"
So hes just gonna drop that twist and nobodys gonna talk about it?

You tell him fellow Rick!
*Dons fedora*
Hmmmmm maybe life is really pointless. Makes you think doesn't it

OK OK BUT IS THERE A MEGA?

On the other hand the show trivializes everything.

Except everyone including Summer already knew about it? They even dig up Ricks skeleton from the lawn.

yeah jerry is a pretty shit character but because he is the opposite of what rick is in ways he is a bit more relatable as a character? Like I was a little sad to see that Beth is divorcing him

Maybe nothing really means anything? I learnt that from the show

Beth probably won't take that very well.

Might even try to MISERY Rick to stop him from ditching. Hell, maybe she MISERY'd Jerry offscreen this episode.

Not a fan of szechuan huh?

SHOW SOME RESPECT

if it weren't for him we wouldn't have great shows like this and community and we also wouldn't have the AMAZING Doctor Strange movie

Except no one that watches this show, at least that I know of, realizes it. This is the scene I'm taking about.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q3RgbeQ-QY

Rick had family right there to talk to, they are actually concerned for him. Instead that coward decides to try to kill himself (can you imagine how jay would effect his family?) and every single retard I've talked to that watches this show has defended his action. Either his family was too stupid to help him or talking with family doesn't solve anything is always their answer.

The fans feel bad for Rick but they don't see that his pain is almost all self caused and there are NUMEROUS outs for him and the family unit is slowly getting destroyed because of him. I mean shit look at how is own daughter reacts to standing up to him, she's scared he's going to abandoned her again.

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE WORSHIP THIS GUY AND UNIRONICALLY WANT TO BE HIM?

Nothing and I mean nothing can ease his pain.
Of not having the sauce.
The entire multiverse must burn in penance until this sin is rectified.

Justin if youre seeing this
T H I S

>Analyzes the episode
Hm, yea definitely the sauce

It's shit.

There were a lot of parts that were great while watching it but afterwards I realized the reset of some shit felt kind of like a cop-out.

Cliche but I hope that the newly hateful of Rick Morty runs into Evil Morty. I kind of feel like the series could use someone who can seriously challenge Rick.

I almost wonder if the 97 more years thing is a Simpsons joke, remember that episode where they told us that that they were going to run the show into the fucking ground, and then they actually did it, the absolute madmen?

>new episode of show
>Sup Forums isn't discussing the episode but only how lame fans on reddit are

No, you're absolutely right. Jerry is more relatable, even with (and in a number of cases, because of) these normal, negative traits which are emphasized.

Its a reference to the "100 years of rick and morty' line rick said 3 years ago