Why did Batman brand criminals to be killed in prison? Why did the inmates kill the guys who had that brand...

Why did Batman brand criminals to be killed in prison? Why did the inmates kill the guys who had that brand? I don't understand. I looked on imdb but it wasn't part of the faq. Is this only in the extended version? Is there any explanation for this? I know much in the movie doesn't make sense but I can't even guess how this was supposed to work and why.

Am I stupid? I feel stupid after having watched this movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kxrlKqkW5IY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Snyder thought it was cool.

>Why did the inmates kill the guys who had that brand?
It's mentioned that he was branding people who commit especially bad crimes. These kinds of people (child molesters, Nazis, Serial Rapists, etc) tend to get killed in prison when people find out what they did anyway, Batman is simply making it impossible for them to keep it a secret.

It was a Phantom homage.

Lex paid the inmates to kill the branded criminals. Batman did not expect them to be killed. He was simply branding them like his favorite hero Zorro.

The extended makes this very obvious. I really don't know who edited the theatrical version but virtually every plot hole, especially concerning Lex, is filled in with the UT.

>nazis

What? Aryan Brotherhood is a whole prison gang in and of themselves.

>Lex paid the inmates to kill the branded criminals
Is there a scene of that in the extended cut? I watched that but must've missed it if it was in there.

Most of what user said was wrong lol.

This "they get theirs in prison" bullshit isn't correct. Child abusers, sexual and not, get fucked up sometimes. Regular rapists, or a trafficker like the guy shown, aren't looked at as particularly heinous. Criminals don't care what you did. Most just don't like people harming children.

Also, batman had no reason for branding them other than catharsis. It wasn't to make anything known it was simply because Zorro used to.

Yes, it's right around the time Wheels is let out of prison. You see the big guy that stabs the mook batman branded being paid.

Also, lex sends Clark the "judge jury executioner" photos (made obvious by the same writing on the returned checks to bruce and the "witch" writing on the martha pictures).

Plot holes didn't make it a shitty movie. The choppiest editing I've ever seen, unappealing characters and unbelievably bad dialogue made it a shitty movie.

I found it odd that in the future vision he briefly uses a handgun but then doesn't use his rifle to shoot fuckers but rather as a club to hit their heads and sweep their ankles. If he's out of ammo he could just grab a full one. The choreography is so bad too, guys just running up behind him and waiting for him to turn around and clobber them, such bad timing. Also guys with full guns running towards him to melee with him instead of aiming for his mouth window. That was really a wasted opportunity for some pure gun kata. It's just a dream anyway, not that Snyder seemed to care about Bat's body count much. But if you have him murder people, why not really go for it.

This made the rescue scene of Martha very odd too. Batman is okay with killing people but in this instance takes his time to beat the bad guys in hand to hand combat while they still have the hostage. You'd think every second counts but apparently his bravado as an unarmed hand to hand fighter is more important than muh Martha. He also did this hilarious 360 swing with that automatic rifle, which could've easily sent a stray bullet in Martha's direction.

Whole heartedly agree.

But I actually love the film.

There are like six actual plot holes in this movie. None of them as bad as "how did batman get back into gotham" in TDKR. Most AAA movies have just as many if not more.

People spend so much time asking questions that have answers (like OP) that they missed the fact that Gal Gadot is mentally retarded and the scene to scene editing has NO COHESION WHAT SO EVER even in the UT.

Best example: Perry calls out at one point "where's kent" yada yada "clicks his heels and goes to Kansas." The next scene doesn't show clark.

To me, if Snyder wants to do the visuals and film school schtick, you HAVE to have clarks face in that next shot. And these examples riddle the movie.

Again, you can all laugh, but I loved this movie. Actually, truly, no company wars, think it's top 5 CBMs despite the many vast problems it had. It just kills me that the problems it didn't have are the reasons people hate it.

So how did Lex find out both Superman and Batman's secret identities?

Because he was going full sadist psycho and dehumanizing people in his crusade.

I thought that was just Lex actually showing Superman how far gone Batman is because he did just kill people without a second thought. The branding also did seem like something he did so they they would get fucked up in prison. If Batman didn't know the people he branded would get killed, the guy who got branded certainly knew because he was afraid as fuck of getting shanked before getting shanked. The criminals seemed to know so I should think that if the people he branded all turned up dead, Batman would find out about it.

I didn't think he would just brand them for no reason other than to mark his catch or be sadistic or whatever. I thought it would at least serve some purpose on his part other than just masturbatory Zorro worship or general edginess.

I don't know but that's like asking:

How does Mike Meyers get every where he needs to be when he walks everywhere?

How did they know Don Corleone would be in the market?

You thought wrong.

Probably because you wanted to be a cynic.

There was a post on Sup Forums that explained it very well... Bruce has the same brand on his left shoulder, you can see it in that training scene when he's doing pullups. What that means is, people who are beyond saving in Bruce's eyes, he brands them, the absolute lowest of the low. Him branding himself shows that he believes himself to be lost to perdition, a lost cause. It isn't until he witnesses Superman's sacrifice that he reevaluates his values and believes that "men are still good" again.

Or something like that.

If a lot of people miss the answers that are in the movie then that is a problem.

What did you like about the the movie though?

About Batman or about the movie?

Zorro branded criminals. This guy isn't a retard, the rest of the tread is filled with dumb people that can't pay attention

Yes, a problem with that people, people used to movies with evident handholding, people that doesn't watch anything that isn't in cartoon or blockbuster form. You guys want to complain about the movie so you pick anything that doesn't seem right and pretend is a flaw but at the same time you are not smart enough to actually pay attention. Bvs isn't a smart movie and Snyder isn't smart either, but it's clearly beyond the level of capeshit fans. There's nothing that is hard to understand in the movie, if it isn't about Jesus you dumb. People will miss the entire point, I mean Lex gave us an entire speech about prometheus and yet people like you still cried over his motivations. Stop watching cartoons, stop reading comics and educate yourself. Geeks used to be smart.

No I feel like that's a reasonable question considering that every plot hole is filled by him knowing who they are and planning for them to fight each other

So even though the UE fills all of the other plot holes, that are contingent upon Lex knowing who they are, they're all dug up again by the plot hole of Lex just automatically knowing who Superman and Batman are

Did the director tell him or something? Because he knows who Clark is long before he checks out Zod's ship, where he could reasonably find out.

About Lex showing Superman how far gone Batman is.

I liked the imagery. People joke about snyderposters but even if they're memes a lot of them point out very interesting frames and shots. I also real like Snyder's Superman. I've read and watched enough of him in my life that a different take on the character is appreciated. And I think he's actually handled the character and the reaction he would garner perfectly. He would be a religious entity if he was real.

I liked the batsuit, I liked Alfred, I like the scene of Bats in gotham and that the Scott Snyder looking cop was so horrified he was shooting at him.

I like the piss scene. I don't think it was out of place at all. I thought it was quite perfect. Unlike many of the people here who just laugh.

I thought "Martha!!!" actually made sense. I think the only people that laugh at that are the type of edgy faggots that used to laugh at symbology and "love" in english class when I was a kid.

He also talks to cosmic beings. Who's to say Step didn't tell him?

Because he communicates with Step after activating Zod's ship but he's already put his plan in motion before then

I had a problem seeing anything at all because the movie is shot so damn dark. I'll have to go back and look for that scene where the guy got paid but if it is in the version I watched it must be extremely short, as in I blinked and missed it.

I thought Alfred was the weirdest part actually, instead of a grandfather figure, he came across as a full on older homo lover. People joke about Robin, but man these Alfred scenes were steamy. Maybe it's just because Jeremy Irons is so god damn sexy. What a fucking GILF.

basically this.
if anything it would be a symbol of being a bad ass criminal "hey this guy went up against the batman".

they were being killed by Lex's goons.

>choppy editing

nice meme opinion.

>how did lex know who they were

how far back do you need to go in a movie to have every single dumb ass question answered?
Lex figured it out because he has tons of people working for him to compile every piece of evidence he could find on these people till he figured it out.

whats the next question? what store did Clark kent buy his glasses???

That isnt a plot hole, he investigated and he is lex luthor.

Zorro

But wouldnt Superman at some point would rather think, "seems like somebody wants me to hate Batman".
Also, why could Superman hear Lois' heartbeat from who the fuck knows where but not his own mother? Like thats the biggest plothole to me, it makes no sense.
Snyder is a hack, i can enjoy this movie but its not great by any means.

How often have you rewatched the movie?

A few times. That stuff was noticed in theater though on my first view. It's the same hand-writing on similar photographs with red ink. The same hand-writing and red ink on the checks sent back to bruce.

>Snyder is a hack, I can enjoy this movie but it's not great by any means

That's really where we should part ways. Snyder isn't a hack. His movies have proven to be pretty financially successful which is what studios want. Our opinions about his movies don't factor into that.

But also, nowhere in this thread was it said to be great. I said it's in my top 5 CBMs above but I also stated it had many problems in the same post. CBMs are generally very weak films so having it in my top 5 isn't the biggest compliment.

I also mentioned there were a few legitimate plotholes.

The entire warehouse scene is admittedly part of the six. Martha Kent should look like Uncle Owen. But that's a sin committed by many hollywood movies,

>Snyder isn't a hack. His movies have proven to be pretty financially successful
Commercial success doesn't mean you aren't a hack, not at all. Rob Liefeld has sold millions of comicbooks, doesn't mean he isn't a hack.

He wasn't okay with killing people when he went to get Martha. Remember when he decided to not kill Superman?

He purposely aimed the gun above the heads of people on the same floor as him when he did the '360 swing' while shooting the gun.

...what? It was clear that Lex paid people to kill the branded people to make Superman mad at Batman.

Then your definition of hack is wrong.

Admittedly, mine was incorrect as well. Dictionary definition has it as someone who creates dull work. Snyder's work isnt "dull" no matter what you think of it.

So you're still wrong but my reasoning was flawed.

I always thought it was so inmates soul think they squealed to the Bat. Like they were interrogated by the bat and then he branded them so they would be fucked up in prison for being a snitch or can't be trusted anymore. But that might just be me rationalizing something stupid.

Why post in a thread that had no posts in hours just to say something thats been responded to above.

Lex paid for the killings.

Lobster Johnson

>His movies have proven to be pretty financially successful which is what studios want.

He is a bad director,sucker punch was written for him.and proved that he is an awful storyteller, and both it and Whatcemen flopped, while all of his other movies for the DCEU underperformed.

Remove his dick from your anus, dumb fanboy.

>but virtually every plot hole, especially concerning Lex, is filled in with the UT.
There weren't any plot holes in the theatrical version.

This is answered in the prequel comics. The movie takes place after he has the information so it doesn't need to show that part, just show what he does with it. Just like it didn't need to show how Robin died, just show that he's dead.

Lex got goons to specifically target bat branded people to make batman look bad.

Iirc Lex shows up to the prison to tell someone to do it.

I can't believe Bruce Wayne was that impressed by an Antonio Banderas movie in the first place tho

it's really asking a lot of us to believe that, especially if they're not going the whole Twink Robin route even in flashbacks

also you know now I come to think of it he'd be what 20 when that movie came out unless we're supposed to believe his decrepit fat ass is only late 20s?

the alternative is that he's even younger for the 2005 version, or he's like fuckin 50 for the 80s version (which was also called The Gay Blade)

Batman deemed himself irredeemable and he is branded in the same spot he brands the irredeemable criminals.

The batmonster bites him in the branded spot too. A sign that batman considers that mark a symbol rather than just a simple scar.

He just branded the worst criminals (rapists, child killers) where he was branded so other criminals kill them in prison.

Lex.Luthor was behind the latest kill tho

Nope

Lex was just behind the latest one. So Batman wasnt a dindu.

Even if Lex was behind everyone of them, Batman should already know by then that branding people is equal to a death sentence. Yet he continued doing it. Doesnt matter if it was a prison thing or Lex thing, Batman perfectly knew that branding was equal to a death sentence. It was everywhere. Even on the tv

>Also, why could Superman hear Lois' heartbeat from who the fuck knows where but not his own mother?

They were right outside the building Lois was in. It was the same building where Bats almost killed Supes with the kyrptonite spear. They were leading Doomsday back to that building so they could use the spear to kill him, and they said as much during the fight. Superman could hear Lois because she was like 50 feet away from him.

Not even gonna read the 100000nth asspain thread, but just dropping in to say that I loved BvS, and I still don't understand why Sup Forums didn't.

I think hes talking about when Lex pushes her off the building, iirc the last time we saw Supes before that scene was when he was in the mountains.

So howd he hear her heartbeat from the mountains but not ma kents?

Unless im wrong and superman was shown to be back in metropolis.

:^)

youtube.com/watch?v=kxrlKqkW5IY

>opens with the Batman '66 theme
butthurt babby

I honestly think one of the best things the movie did was portray just how fucking hard it would be to be Superman in the real world. Like, he's already been associated with American foreign policy, so whatever he does will be linked back to America. In addition, his good deeds cause him to either be worshipped religiously as a god or villified as some sort of demon. It'd be fucking maddening.

But Sup Forums told me that there is literally not a single thing that isn't objectively terrible about this movie.

there is plenty of editing cohesion, and in the ultimate cut right after Perry asks where Clark is we do indeed cut to Clark.

For example, right after Batfleck's Knightmare, in which we see his worst fears of Superman realized, we cut to Clark seeing the headlines of the Bat-branded criminals being killed in prison (engineered by Lex), which is Superman's worst fear of Batman. They both fear that the other one will become judge, jury, and executioner

Here notice where Bruce's scar is...

...same place as where the criminals are branded...

.... which is the same place as one of Robin's bullet holes

if you stop and think what would you do with superman powers it's obviously hard, but constipated superchrist was still awful

>he still thinks the movie was trying to say he was christ

its literally the opposite

retard alert
stop letting memes stop you from think beyond reductionist cynicism.

This basically

For that one I think he was already on his way back to Metropolis after having his pep-talk with ghost dad. And when he's coming back home it'd make sense for the first thing he does to be checking on his girlfriend.

This would have made a lot more of an impact if Batman himself hadn't murdered dozens of people in the movie

>Lex paid the inmates to kill the branded criminals.
Why though? Haven't watched the extended in a while and i forget

>He wasn't okay with killing people when he went to get Martha. Remember when he decided to not kill Superman?

I wish you were right but you seem to be forgetting about the 5 or 6 dudes outside the building who got rekt by the batwing.

I really liked BvS but it's that kind of shit that infuriates me. The Martha scene was supposed to be a huge turning point where he realizes he's gone too far ("Martha" being a metaphor for his soul which he's letting Lex destroy). But the very next scene he's literally blowing up henchmen. This movie is so fucking frustrating.

The Martha scene wasnt the turning point, all that did was let him know Superman was a man. ITs Superman's sacrifice at the end that lets him know men can be good again, hence why he doesnt brand Luthor. THATS the turning point.

Zach snyder is an edgelord hack

So that Superman would think he was over-the -top and beyond reason. The dead mook's wife also tells clark that batman can only be spoken to with a fist.

When does that happen? It doesn't seem to be in the regular version of the movie.

>Why did Batman brand criminals to be killed in prison?
EEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE

Are you serious? It's i the trailer.

He stalked them on social media.

Thi is why he will be back to life, and the league are his apostiles.

There are no competent writters on these movies mate.

>Why did Batman brand criminals to be killed in prison?

Batman is an homage to this guy. Zorro used to "mark" criminals by slashing a Z into them or whatever.

It's a really clever nod to Batman's origins, it's a shame they made it so damn edgy though by turning it into a prison shanking thing.

If you can pull up a clearer shot of that scar, I'll give this movie props for this and consider watching the Ultimate Cut. But that wound doesn't look bat-shaped.

It's just longer shit.

>murdered

generally seemed more like Self Defense

Sup Forums watches movies like they read comics