Skywalker's studies revealed the cyclical nature of the struggle between light and dark...

>Skywalker's studies revealed the cyclical nature of the struggle between light and dark, and the massive toll the galaxy pays with each cycle.

Luke is now Kreia with a penis. Bravo Disney.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Snoke
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>dude there is no good or bad everything is relative lmao lets all wear grey and sit on fences all day long

Good. They're milking KOTOR of its best elements.

Well if they're a religion that seeks peace and balance, it makes sense that they'd embrace Buddhist or pomo ideas like deconstruction.

>Jedi Ayn Rand
>Good

I see this as more about extremism than absolute moral relativity. It's not like Yoda and Obi-Wan we really so pious. Their entire plan was to use a Skywalker child to lower Vader's defense so he could be executed. Luke has a point. Conflict begets conflict. Combine that with the fact that Luke not only refuses to kill Vader, but he also blew off Yoda's training and went a little dark in the beginning of RotJ. Luke has been going against all he knew of the Jedi since Empire.

>the struggle between light and dark is cyclical
>somehow Luke is the first one to notice this
>somehoe no one before him tried to stop it

Luke had a story in the UE.
Good or bad, now everything is garbage

>turning the best character from the OT into the best character from the EU

honestly whats the problem with this?

>best character from the OT
>not sheev

How much sway does Pablo Hidalgo have? Because he loathes the Grey Jedi. The possibility of having Rey and Kylo begin a new Jedi Order together could be the workaround though. Instead of one individual who somehow manages to wield both you just have Light and Dark Side users working together with a common goal. It sounds incredibly stupid but they're not going to throw the Jedi away and even that image shows the first Jedi in a state of balance with Light and Dark. 99% chance that's Snoke because it looks like him and he is said to be very old but clearly they're trying to force this grey area stuff

Did Luke ever find out why grey jedi failed last time?

>Best from PT, not OT
>He's technically only even in One film in the OT

Not too familiar with Grey Jedi, but would Luke qualify as one, at least in ROTJ? I mean, force-choking guys is not a light side move.

>Where's the Lightsaber.
It's been proven in like every film, even a Jedi who relied heavily on the Force in Combat, still used a Lightsaber.

Does he want the force gone tho? That was pretty radical from Kreia's part

kreia was the greatest single buzzkill in kotor II

>''J. J. Abrams admitted that during the production of Star Wars: The Force Awakens he often e-mailed Hidalgo up to three times a day asking him questions about details about the franchise's universe"
Considering the final result i would say not at all.

he rejects the dark side explicitly at the end of RotJ, watch the fucking movie

any reading of RotJ that isn't brain-dead retarded basically fucks up the idea of having any star wars sequels in the first place, so it has to be incoherent

But user I'm here to BREAK the wheel

I get the impression that maybe Luke got rid of his light saber at some point.

Grey Jedi's don't need a lightsaber, they just bore you to death with their arguments about moral ambiguity.

He wouldn't. He was trying to be something like that but he was slowly being consumed by the Dark Side. He was walking the same path that Anakin walked. He caught it long before he got to that level obviously but it was still happening. It was a common theme with Luke actually. Brash, impatiant, whiny, all like Anakin. The realization came at the end when he noticed his hand was the same hand his father had lost, his destiny was mirroring Anakin's much too closely. That's when he saw that even with good intentions he was becoming lost, so he threw his saber away and embraced the light fully.

You're talking to me like a fucking asshole and I don't appreciate it. I'm here to participate in a discussion, not get bitched at by some nerd.

>Yoda refuses to train Luke just like Luke refuses to train Rey

wow...pu-podderee...

Luke should just had his jedi academy working like in the EU and that would be awesome, but because we need dat ol' nostalgia back, they killed all the Jedi again.

yeah but then AFTER that he started a new jedi academy to help bring the light side back into power, but something bad happened again so he ran away like a bitch and decided not to be good anymore

how the fuck did tyrion get so big

I have an extremely small glimmer of hope that this trilogy will see Luke come to his senses (as they are trying to make him more than just an Obi-Wan character and have an arc in the trilogy) and start again, this time being successful. I have no reason to believe this other than a fool's hope but man I want to dream

OP are you going to make a new thread for every page of your dumb book.

I'm not even so mad that they killed all the jedi as much as I am that they just hit *reset* and now the empire/FO is stronger again, although I agree its bullshit and they're doing it in the laziest way possible. old EU was trash but this isn't better.

30 years to prepare and the new republic just gets caught with its pants down

and instead of being surprised that Obi wan fought in the clone wars, we have stupid shit like being surprised that the Jedi existed at all

Ok, so here is a quote from Chris Avellone who envisioned Kreia:

"In part, Kreia was supposed to be aspects of Ravel that I didn’t have time for in Planescape: Torment. Also, as much as the nature of the Force frustrated me in some respects, Kreia was the personification of that frustration – the fact that some arbitrary force would feel the need to “correct’ the human species at times with mass slaughter in Episodes 1 through 3, and the hypocrisy of the Jedi that took place in IV and V. I’ve never really forgiven Ben Kenobi for his lies in Episodes IV and V, and Kreia definitely echoes that."

Also, Kreia If I recall correctly, wanted to get rid of the Force so people can escape "the tyranny of the force"

Now, about Grey Jedi, just think about Kyle Katarn and you get your answer

is soyLuke /ourguy/?

>Flames of Failure

Star Wars was a mistake.

> the fact that some arbitrary force would feel the need to “correct’ the human species at times with mass slaughter in Episodes 1 through 3.
Oh Chris, i love you for making Torment, but you never understood Star Wars if really think that balance means anything other than the light side winning.

Kreia in many occasions specifically mentions that Light side actions causes even more problems than dark side actions sometimes, so I think that Chris really understood.

Nigga how the fuck is Kyle grey? the guy saved the world from the darkside all the time, he saved the Valley Of The Jedi, Kreia would probably destroy it.

Yeah, because Chris wrote her, you braindead retard. Balance = good winning. Lucas already said that.

>Seeing Old Canon makes me cry.
Remembering a Friend who died too soon.

the dude literally uses dark force in conjunction with light side powers in every game/iteration.

He did what was "right" he didn't care if they were Dark siders or not. I would bet that If Luke did some sneaky shit in the name of the Light Side, Kyle would have beaten his ass.

Those are game mechanics. There's also a bad ending, doesn't mean he's evil you dumbfuck. Canon Kyle is 100% light side.

That's why he was frustrated with the Force and wrote Kreia you dummy, he wasn't happy with Lucas and his "Good side winning is balance" shit. He understood perfectly and he wasn't happy with it

He thought the Force was behind the murder of all the Jedi in episode 3, and that's simply wrong. Kreia shows how much he doesn't understand Star Wars and was made when he was going through his emo phase.

>Snoke was the first Jedi who turned Grey
>Luke was first of the new Jedi who turned Grey
>Both of them Jew Rey into turning Grey
>It's up to based Kylo to save the force (and with it, the franchise)

I can get behind that

Post-modernism was a mistake.

Yeah, what's with that? TFA is only 50-60 years after the PT and 30-40 years from the OT. Yet they treat everything that happened then more as myth than history. It would be like treating the Vietnam war as legend or something.

The First Order, despite being smaller, is more powerful than the Empire. Really makes you think huh.

>Snoke was very old, having a vast knowledge of the past and of the Force. He displayed tendencies unusual for practitioners of the dark side, displaying an interest in Kylo Ren due to his embodiment of a balance between both the light and dark sides of the Force, as opposed to only one aspect
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Snoke
It's pretty much 1000% confirmed now that Snoke is the First Jedi and his balance shit messed up everything.

who gives a single fuck about any of it
should've just let palpatine keep ruling and accepted the empire
han solo's son turned into a faggot and killed him and things are worse now than they ever were

tbf there was only one Jedi and the things that happened to Luke were hardly common knowledge.

From the rest of the Galaxies perspective, the Rebels blew up the second death star along with Vader and the Emperor

Yeah. At least Kylo has some personality, even if it's edgelord bullshit. Rey is a blank slate, Finn was wasted potential and Poe belongs in a Joss Whedon film.

>the cyclical nature of the struggle between light and dark, and the massive toll the galaxy pays with each cycle
He's not wrong. Every major conflict in the SW universe - barring one - has originated from the perpetual struggle between Jedi and Sith.

>Studies revealed the cyclical nature of Star Wars, from good to shit, taking a massive toll on autists with each cycle

>dude nature has to pick a side and there's no such thing as chaos because my fashy countersignal meme facebook page taught me so ;^)

>BRUH LOOK AT THIS DUDE
>WAIT TIL YOU SEE DA..
>OH NONONONO
>AHAHAHAHAH!

DUDE I TRIVIALIZE CONCEPTS BY TALKING ABOUT THEM IN AN INTENTIONALLY IGNORANT MANNER

Still the Jedi themselves are treated as mythical as well. Even though there are most likely plenty of aliens that live longer than humans and have seen the clone wars firsthand. Unless the Empire purged historical records or something, those events should be common knowledge.

No fucking way

We're talking about Star Wars, soyboy. You know? The films that are centered around good and evil being tangible living entities.

The ultimate Grey Jedi weapon, the balance saber.

I think the problem was that the OT had Jedi feel more mythical, then the PT added millions of them and made them a staple part of the government, now the Disney movies are aping the feel of the OT and trying to make them feel 'mythical' again so we end up with this bizarre disconnect between the all the movies

>"something bad happened again"

Are you referring to the return of Sheev?

alright welp that was honestly cringe as fuck
fuck star wars threads i'm out

Agreed that battle in Episode 2 at the gladiator pit was fucking cringy.
>HURR DUR I'll add a thousand jedi and they will have a big battle and fight the silly roger roger droids right after doing a bunch of kung fu poses.
Fucking George Lucas

Get yourself some bacta, soldier.

From Just the Films alone
>They didn't tell him about Vader or Leia because they didn't want his emotions to be clouded once he was finally ready to fight Vader.
Luke Prematurely left Dagobah to rescue his friends in-turn springing Vader's Trap luring him into his First and what could have been his Last dual with him.

>grey jedi

That is not how the Force works. There's The Force, and then the perversion of it (what is referred to as the Dark Side); there's no light side.

No. This is autistic nine year old playing with action figures tier. I don't care if it's a kids show, The Clone Wars never did anything this dumb. And what, are there now a million dark jedi running around ?

I love Maul's reaction
>they retconned my death for this shit?

No matter how it's perceived, the Jedi had a Temple on Coruscant, which was located in the Heart of the Galaxy, a Galactic Hub where everyone from the known Star Systems would visit at-least once in their life.

That's the ugliest, most uninspired blaster i have ever seen.

"Grey Jedi" doesn't mean "Grey Light"
The Jedi aren't the only users of the Force.
"Grey Jedi" is meant to show that the Jedi are colossal wankers who missed the point of the Force.

literally a p226 with some shit tacked on to it

DAMN, space gooks look like THAT?
>this is the attempt to collect more chinabux

That's right, but we live in a age of moral ambiguity and postmodernism so Star Wars needs to reflect that. I blame Kotor 2.

Anyone have TLJ chinese poster? I imagine the nigger is gone again again and the chink girl is blown up bigger than Rey

>weatherproof adventure boots

I saw one that was just Rey with a lightsaber on the island. I don't think it's that main poster.

>Haysian smelt

If Snoke really is the first Jedi then this movie may as well be a giant neon sign that says that there is no balance when the Dark Side is involved even slightly

Purple hair isn't too attract tumblr-lards, it's culture, okay white man? I bet you're even hetero, UGH.

I bet you wouldnt say that if they put a foldable stock on it. Remember the blasters of georges movies are all just basically ww2 guns with stuff put on them

She'll be in the next trilogy too, you know it.

>hair dyed by chromomites™
>no trigger discipline

The Leftovers Season 4: K Garv in space.

Wait what?
Why would they turn around and then Start dressing like the people they fought for over 30 Years.
What ever was wrong with Pic Related.

She already says no. I'm guessing we'll get a time jump of a couple hundred years so they have a blank slate to rehash the OT again.

Why the fuck is Abrams emailing a guy who was 3 when Star Wars came out and not Lucas

What did he even email him about there was nothing new in tfa

Now he's an Intergalactic Assassin

That's not fun enough!
Right, she has a say in the matter. Totally.

Someone post that Star Destroyer Captain, he is /our/guy

S-s-s-s-Star-W-w-w-Wars?

>Now owns Anakin's Lightsaber, Luke's Droid and Han's ship
Tell me again how this isn't fanfiction

How uncomfortable will it be seeing this party enhancer not only alive NOW, but 2 years from now?

>The Vigil
>just a rotated Invisible Hand
They cant get away with his who designs this shit even a 5 years old would come up with something better

No. CGI will be good enough they can just animate her. I actually don't think they will do a fourth trilogy. Get back to me in 2027 when I'm proven wrong.

kek