SO LONG BLACK WIDOW SOLO FILM!

SO LONG BLACK WIDOW SOLO FILM!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Xr2rAOl4uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hope this is the final nail for Hollywood anime adaptations.

>DC makes nothing but shit movies
>still gives Wonder Woman, retarded clown whore, and Batgirl their own movies
>Marvel makes nothing but great films
>pushes back Captain Marvel for spiderman, sticks Wasp in the AntMan sequel and gives him top billing, and STILL won't give Black Widow her own movie even after a decade of people asking for one
Sometimes I just don't get you marvel

it's not fair, I wanted Sup Forums to suffer from the influx of normies fucking up their hobby like they have been with with video games and comics.

>tfw they got it right once and it bombed critically and commercially

anime is saved!

They already announced Akira directed by the guy who did GET OUT

If fucking Christopher Nolan couldn't get the movie out of production limbo, what the fuck makes you think that nigger can?

Only talks. Same with him doing Flash.
And he's working on another horror film next so both of those are not happening.

Sup Forums wouldn't accept the normies, they'd just chase them away.

I just googled and found this line in an article.
>$150 million gross on a $5 million USD budget, has piqued the interests of executives at Warner Bros.
WHY THE FUCK ARE STUDIO EXECUTIVES SO GODDAMN RETARDED?! HORROR FILMS HAVE BEEN MAKING BANK FOR DECADES! THEY'RE CHEAP AND BRING IN A TON OF MONEY! THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT WILL TRANSLATE!
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I HATE HOLLYWOOD ROBOTS SO MUCH

>WB
>doing anything right

>Warner Bros.
There's your answer

But Marvel has yet to make a good movie.

>SO LONG BLACK WIDOW SOLO FILM!
Implying there ever was the actual possibility that it would happen.

I honestly don't understand what they were trying to do to take ghost in the shell, turn it into a stand alone movie, that was PG-13, and put Scar Jo in it.

Like did anyone think this wouldn't be a flop? Like for this to have worked you would have needed a smaller budget, a hard R rating, and at that point you might as well cast a jap, chink, or gook to play the lead so weebs would see it.

Sup Forums has a good defense with spoiling flavors of the month. I remembered going to Sup Forums asking for more anime like AoT and they spoiled years and years of the manga for me. To this day i still haven't recovered and they ruined the hype for me since then...

Yaaaaas slay captain dyke

Was it better or worse than Power Rangers?

it's not like you can make worse than the anime movie.

unlike you spineless shits, Sup Forums is perfectly able to kick retarded normies out.

you going to draxpost for every actor that's been in a disney movie?

You deserve it for going to objectively the worst board on the site.

>spending $110 million on a live action animu adaptation
They want to lose money, I swear

I never got why people trashed this so much, it was mindless fun and the casting and costuming were pretty great. GITS movie aped too many iconic scenes that work much better in animation and looks like a shitty cosplay convention.

Studio writers think they know whats best for everything. Look at what happened to World War Z.

The anime is pretentious shit, and this is just shit.

>he says on co

>objectively the worst board on the site.
I've heard this being said about pretty much every single board on the site.
I'm starting to wonder if Sup Forums might not be exactly a wholesome place.

My only problem was the kid. Fuck that kid. Shit, they really nailed that part of the anime well.

The first draft script with the journalist was way better than the final product

I love Sup Forums. Too bad most new manga and especially anime is crap so I don't have anything to discuss there, especially since it's shonen central. Also, slow scanlations on the interesting manga.

I'm a bit surprised and disappointed that it flopped. I hoped this would be good enough to bring back cyberpunk films. Oh well, hopefully Bladerunner will do better. Still, it's a shame that Ghost in the Shell flopped, you can't deny that it looked visually stunning.

I've heard this said for every board as well, but I unironically &genuinely think Sup Forums is by far the worst of them all.

>objectively the worst board on the site.
Of course Sup Forumsmblr would say this.

Are there even any good Asian actors that could do the part well?

And nothing of value was lost.

Worse.

Kek. You realize Hollywood will never stop until they're finally successful one way or another, right?

I want this to happen so badly. I want some shitty Hollywood director to direct an anime movie that gets the look and visuals just right but completely falls on its face when it comes to the actual characters and story, so anyone who supported the DCEU can shut the fuck up.

This anime was fun as fuck. Was unironically listening to this yesterday:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Xr2rAOl4uk

Anime adaptations should take note from this movie and its visuals, which were fucking amazing.

FUCKIN FITE ME
This was a decent to good film

>make a film from the single most aesthetic season the show has ever had (You can say the writing sucked and in space and several other were better, but you can't say there was a season with better costumes and arguably effects than MM).

>make it look like shitty bayformers

Sup Forums isn't Sup Forums and only a newfag wouldn't know how to format board names.

it literally gave people motion sickness

There's like a billion Asian people. They could try actually looking

This, I get anime of that time had its moments of tomfoolery but there's some things you don't need to adapt to the screen.
I think like Redline it would have helped to have more racing and quiet contemplation scenes than wacky antics and exposition.

After all in the end the simple matter of it was someone was rigging races and some racers stand against that sort of thing because this is their passion not just their profession.
Simple enough, don't need to bloat things out.

The chick from 100 yen love maybe. Though idiots obsessed about the Major not being Japanese are retards. The problem is fat and talentless ScarJo, not her ethnicity.

Fuck if I know, but if they put Lana Condor or That chick from suicide squad (which they wouldn't cause neither of them had more than 5 minutes of screen time in any movie they have been in). It would have made my cock hard cause I got a fetish

Could we just stop putting Scarlett Johanson in movies? I could tolerate a white Major but she's just not good in anything.

so we're not even pretending to not be Sup Forums anymore huh

woody allen's dick is magic

Same. They're doomed to please no one.
>SJWs won't be happy unless everyone and everything is completely in Japanese. And they still won't see it.
>Weebs won't see it because it's Western and 3DPD.
>Nips won't see Western shit of their own stuff.
>Normalfags won't see it because it's too weeb.

Why would someone even go to a movie involving high speed motion if they're sensitive to that sort of thing?

Nope. As a result, this thread will be erased soon so post on here will you can, user.

it gave people motion sickness moreso than other racing/high speed movies

That said, take any movie about black people and change the cast to white and I would see it.

Like I really wish they would make Hamilton with a white cast.

>most new
the beauty of Sup Forums is that , unlike Sup Forums it's not fanatically enslaved by "currentyear" mentality inherited from the tumblr takeover. Make a thread about old animes and you still get people to gladly discuss it with you.

>I really wish they would make Hamilton without one of the major implicit themes of the show

they used the wrong actress that's mostly the problem. She looks like a pig with a wig in that costume, her face isn't meant for the haircut, and her overall old plump body isn't athletic enough for all the acrobatics. It's like batgirl all over again.

>make it look like shitty bayformers
What the fuck would you expect? saban has always only been in it for the money he doesn't understand sentai at all

Meh, it's hit or miss.
Most of the thread is current anime/manga, but the industry pumps out enough content every season to justify it.

I really like Black Widow and I'm sure the movie would turn out ok, but now they won't even give her a chance. How did ScarJo not see this giant fucking land mine? Unbelievable.

GitS is a solid flick btw. Sad it got the full SJW treatment, even though it's totally ubdestandable this time.

But all the characters they are playing are white. I don't understand how SJWs get pissed off about white people playing fictional asians but are find with nonwhites playing real historical white people.

Plus it sounds interesting in that it is about Hamilton and the revolutionary war. I just don't want to go watch something where the cast is all black and shit

One of my female friends who worships the anime series and movies went to see it on Saturday night.

She walked out halfway through. The text that she sent me was about how terrible ScarJo is and how the movie was nothing but shit.

>one of the major implicit themes of the show
hmm? what theme are you referring to?

>SJWs won't be happy unless everyone and everything is completely in Japanese. And they still won't see it.
>Weebs won't see it because it's Western and 3DPD.
>Nips won't see Western shit of their own stuff.
>Normalfags won't see it because it's too weeb.
I believe the only anime adaption that would be able to get away with not casting Japanese actors would be a Cowboy Bebop movie. Think about it, the show was already very Western, the music was mostly in English, they travel the world so they don't really need to stick in Japan, and the English dub is superior to the Japanese dub. Too bad no one wants to make the thing.

>how did ScarJo not see the mine?

She just saw a paycheck.

essentially, non-white people existed in early America and greatly contributed to its birth and construction

Haim Saban is a JEW. People think he is Japanese due to his last name.

A lot of people involved with Sentai who have met Saban say that he is nothing but a fucking asshole who could care less about the quality of the show but more about the amount of revenue toy sales and media can generate for him.

Netflix Death Note is coming soon.

ah, gotcha. thanks

I don't see how this theme can carry a film, especially a science fiction film. Perhaps this is why it flopped.

>Make a thread about old animes and you still get people to gladly discuss it with you.
Not really, unless you're talking about nostalgia stuff. Other than that the cape shittery on this board is matched by flavour of the month shonenshit.

Which they present by making white people like Hamilton, Washington, Lafayette, and the others black.

Fuck make a musical about the actual niggers who did shit. Don't change the race. Would you wanna see MLK staring Daniel Day Lewis as MLK?

>What the fuck would you expect?
They made a power ranger movie before, and despite being shit, it was at least coherent with itself.
Saban isn't there to write or cast anything to begin with, trying to put all the fault on him is just dumb.

talking about Hamilton

>the beauty of Sup Forums is that , unlike Sup Forums it's not fanatically enslaved by "currentyear" mentality inherited from the tumblr takeover.
???
Odd, I haven't been there currently but last I recall there was some sort of push for discussion of older anime to give way for the new season stuff.
It wasn't an unspoken rule or anything, I just remember one or two posts telling someone asking why older, certified good anime got less threads and posts to the new hotness.

If I'm honest I always suspected it was a cover for the moe front, since whenever shonen shit was the new wave there'd be a shooing of its buzz to reflect on the moments of earlier seasons, majority of which involved or revolved around moe coincidentally, but once the SoL tide comes back in it's back to the welcomed routine.

Since the director is black and big on the diversity thing, maybe they'll cast asians this time. I think they could ride on the hypothetical good reviews and cool visuals, and actually make some bank.

I trust the guy. It's just shame, since I really prefer GitS over Akira as source material. The wrong movie will succeed.

I mean the fucker wouldn't pay any of the cast any money at all and wouldn't let them unionize

>Would you wanna see MLK staring Daniel Day Lewis as MLK?
Fuck
Yes

>what is commentary through casting

>unless you're talking about nostalgia stuff.
if you want to talk about old shit, what's the point? Just post about recent shit.

Fei was japanese, the rest of them weren't.

the cast rapping and dancing is probably more historically inaccurate than the casting

There are a billion Asian people that aren't Lucy Liu

If Hollywood can find and cast obscure white people they can find and cast obscure Asian people

I saw it yesterday and thought it was alright. I was with friends so we joked about many things, but it wasn't bad. Anyone still whining about whitewashing should know that the people behind the series said they never wanted an Asian person to portray Motoko. Also, if you actually saw the movie, you'd see that it's actually a plot point that she's white and not Asian.

Hamilton's just a neoliberal circle jerk for affluent white people guilty about their race (these are the only people who can even see the show and afford the cost of tickets).

>This hip-hop musical sounds interesting, but can't they put on a production of it that's not so black?

Not as fun

>Also, if you actually saw the movie, you'd see that it's actually a plot point that she's white and not Asian.
God is that really a thing? I could give a shit les if she didn't look adian, for fucks sake it's a prosthetic body, you could make it a plot point that she looks like scar jo and was asian before she got her brain transplanted.

>you could make it a plot point that she looks like scar jo and was asian before she got her brain transplanted.
that's the actual plot

it pissed people off more

>Just post about recent shit.
That's the problem, I don't like recent shit.

As for older stuff, some people might've seen a 2008 for the first time last year or this year so it's still fresh. Some manga might be old, but only re emtly did the scanlation group finish it etc.

So, why isn't it commentary though casting when we cast Emma Stone as a chinese woman?

I love seeing whining like this, it's like when a spoiled child REFUSES to let other people have any cake at their party so they eat the whole thing then sit there crying because they have a tummy ache, it isn't fair, why are they the ONLY ONE to get a tummy ache, lmao it's cause you ate that cake for so long and so consistently and wouldn't let anyone else have a bite, you did it to yourself, keep crying.

>the people behind the series said they never wanted an Asian person to portray Motoko.
Which series? There's the manga, movie and anime.

Ah yes, I can already see the angry reviews from the SJWs and the weeaboos. It will be treated the same as the Iron Fist show, mark my words. Personally, I'm excited for it. I've never watched the Death Note anime so right now I'm watching it with some friends so I can watch the Netflix movie. So far it's pretty decent. I'm only doing this to see William Dafoe in a villain role again

>it pissed people off more
Ah ha ha what? That's fucking great if true, I mean, who wouldn't want to look like a moviestar or some rando 10/10 with super srength if they had the chance.

because Emma Stone being cast as a Chinese woman is a money decision, not a deliberate commentary on race

>There are a billion Asian people that aren't Lucy Liu
>That are actors
>that are good actors
>that can speak English well
>That works well in fight scenes

Now tell me who can fit that criteria?

It sounds interesting because its about Hamilton. Like the only musicals I actually wanna see are 1776, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, Hamilton if it had white people, and Evil dead the musical

Its actually funny that they literally whitewash her in the movie. She actually IS an asian person as opposed to her technically being ambiguous in the anime (though lets be real, shes asian in the anime) and then she is explicitly turned white

l m a o