The DC Fan Expo Dallas Special Event has apparently started...

The DC Fan Expo Dallas Special Event has apparently started, and will feature the official announcement of the DC 2017 big event code-named "Metal".

Stream on kikebook

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/848542746713497601
twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/782359908134125568
bleedingcool.com/2017/02/02/more-on-the-scott-snyder-greg-capullo-batman-event-for-the-summer-metal/
youtube.com/watch?v=kjaHVcecPEE
cbr.com/dark-nights-metal-scott-snyder-greg-capullo-dc-batman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait wtf, why on Facebook? Do I need to dust up my old account? Should stream it on Twitch or YT.

I thought that was supposed to be yesterday.

I don't have a fb account. If they said anything interesting, share them with us.

having to wait fucking sucks

Apparently Tom King has a panel where he's gonna reveal details about his upcoming arc "The War of Jokes and Riddles"

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/848542746713497601

is this really going to be an arc ? solicit made it look like it was going to be a one shoot

Yeap, that is the plan, there's even a trade planned named "The War of Jokes and Riddles"

Fuck you King

they did that for rebirth
I remember making screencaps for you guys
only for leddo to steal them without credit

Yes, and it's supposed to be 8 freaking parts.

>8 freaking parts
goddammit king i defend your run when i can but this shit needs to end

1PM CDT is 11 AM PST, OP. Hasn't started yet.

You dun goofed, OP

1 hour, boys.

Super excited

Will /ourguy/ return?

No, Batman will get to have the Nth Metal for the whole event and Hawkman will be brought back with JSA before being ignored for another few years like always.

would be weird if they did a event around thanagarian tech and he never showed up

DARK DAYS: THE FORGE #1
Written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV • Art by JIM LEE, ANDY KUBERT, JOHN ROMITA JR. and others
Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS • Variant cover by ANDY KUBERT • Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
DARKNESS COMES TO THE DC UNIVERSE WITH THE MYSTERY OF THE FORGE! Aquaman, The Flash and more of DC’s pantheon of heroes suspect Batman of hiding a dark secret that could threaten the very existence of the multiverse! It’s an epic that will span generations—but how does it connect to the origins of one of DC’s most legendary heroes?
The great comics event of summer 2017 is about to begin courtesy of superstar writers Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV and illustrated by a master class of comics artists: Andy Kubert, Jim Lee and John Romita Jr.! You do not want to miss this one!
ONE-SHOT • On sale JUNE 14 • 40 pg, FC, card-stock covers, $4.99 US • RATED T

Some months ago I remember when Scott Snyder was asked on Twitter which other DC character he would like to write, he said Wonder Woman, Hawkman and Slam Bradley.

Sorry, it was Starman. But he mentioned Slam Bradley in another occasion

Here's the tweet:

twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/782359908134125568

Was there any other bit of "leaks" about the thangarian stuff besides that guy who was posting "the button" leaks then got asked about Dark Days?

Was fake though. It said Thawne was gonna die in The Button, yet he's the villain of the next Flash arc after it.

nah, he said Zoom was going to die, Eobard was going to be alive

bleedingcool.com/2017/02/02/more-on-the-scott-snyder-greg-capullo-batman-event-for-the-summer-metal/

>Well, we have been tipped off that it concerns the concept of Nth metal.

>In the DC Universe, Nth metal is native to Thanagar, home planet of the Hawkmen, and allows its residents to negate gravity and fly, while also protecting them from temperature, the elements, increasing their healing factor and granting extra strength.

>Which, I have to say, may be rather tempting to Batman. A belt made of Nth metal? And entire suit? What about Batarangs?

>But someone else has their eye on the properties of this metal and is trying to gather it up.

>A belt made of Nth metal? And entire suit? What about Batarangs?
i am starting to think that the user from the button was right

Same here. The stuff he said was at least a lot more plausible than the other leaker, if he is right about this announcement it'll confirm everything else he said was legit.

what did the other leaker said again ?

I don' have a link, but it was obvious bs

Something about Harper and Duke being the only two batfamily members left to fight a warlord Batman or something.

BleedingCool could just be posting the Sup Forums leaks right now

>facebook
DROPPED!

Tbh, what Rich said was from a few months ago and honestly, the fact that he talked about how bats wanted a new suit, batarangs and all that shit kind of matches what the button guy said

You can tell this is fake because Tynion said he doesn't plan on having Harper be a main character anytim soon.

Are you faggots for real? King can't into compressed story. Give him all the space he needs. At least then Kingfags won't have an excuse of why it's shit.

>Outsiders
>Tim leading fucking doomsday
this could be a funny book but if he really though someone would believe him past that he is crazy

Anyone have screencaps of the Button/Dark Days "leaks"?

He has some sort of pitch/idea for WW planned out if we go by some snippets of Superman Bound.

>

This is clearly fake. It's like that person who made the early Rebirth fanfiction thread about the Red Dawn event and Prime being the extra Clark Kent. Maybe they are a retailer and saw an issue or two earlier, but most of it is implausible at face value and/or has already been debunked by creator comments.

I don't know why you guys ever give stuff like this credit.

Can we just get King to do elseworld trades and have someone more contemporary on Batman? I like his work but its just so jarring as the 'main' batman.

We're going to see Batman flying and shit very soon in all the books? Hell yeah.

What's wrong with eight part stories? Their going to be finish within four months. You fans are spoil.

if not well done this will just feel like a fucking slog to read, and i much as i like King, his batman man is average as all possible hell

Decompression is terrible

And let's get real
Nobody knows how to do big stories beyond taking a premise and stretching it out

Thanks, I call bullshit on the abortion story

Isn't this the leak that said they're going to cripple Barbara again? Yeah sure looks plausible.

Because Sup Forums is the dumbest board on Sup Forums.

King's best stories (the suffering trilogy) have all been stretched out shit. It possibly couldn't get worse than his current output.

Also Ivy might rejoin the BoP team

FIVE MINUTES BOYS, POST YOUR WAR FACES

Throwing a bone to the Ivyfags probably isn't a bad idea, though I like seeing them suffer too

Will Nth Metal deliver?

It's fucking happening now.

She was one of the more enjoyable parts of New 52 BoP (other than Starling RIP) so I'm ok with this

of course not

youtube.com/watch?v=kjaHVcecPEE

be cool

>FAVORITE CHARACTERS FROM BEFORE
ITS HAPPENING

ty

THANK YOU user

Dark Days: The Casting

Hal and Bruce together again!

He mentioned the source wall

What happened so far

nothing really

>huge ramifications on dc universe
meh

though I guess they do have to push it all to the 2nd year of rebirth

>Big summer event is actually a 3 part event.
>Old characters are coming back
>Apparently its tying from lots of clues dropped during Snyders run on Batman
>Involves the source wall

>Didio is a Kongs fan

disgusting

Didio's laugh is such a joy.

CBR just posted the full reveal

Still fake bullshit though.

>yfn kiss Snyder

The cover or something else? I don't see it on their site.

cbr.com/dark-nights-metal-scott-snyder-greg-capullo-dc-batman/

Remember that one time Snyder already wrote a story that involved revealing dark secrets seeded througout human history - The Wake? Yeah, that sure turned to trash by the end.

thanks

YES! I miss seeing them together.

>It’s not just about Batman
>show only Batman shit
Fuck these guys

>New Characters and New Concepts by Scott Snyder
>Scott Snyder Science

why.jpg

It was fucking awesome right until the end - both the present and future parts. And then the ending... I don't think I've ever been so disappointed by an ending in any medium.
Is Snyder at the point of his career where editors don't dare tell him if he wrote something stupid?
(Later I've lent a copy of The Wake to a friend, and told him that he shouldn't read the ending because it's shit, but of course, he was too curious. He said that he would have felt better about the story, if he didn't read the ending.)

Still not much information. Is there another convention before the September solicits that they might be saving shit for?

they are not killing Kyle
please don't kill Kyle

Priest's opening arc to Deathstroke was eight issues (I think) and it sure as hell worked.
It could get much worse. King's stuff has been weak relative to him, but it's nowhere near as bad as, say, Hitch's JL.

>Yeah, that sure turned to trash by the end.
user, that's every Snyder story.

Don't forget Doyle edited The Wake. I don't think he's able to keep Snyder on point anymore

>Priest's opening arc to Deathstroke was eight issues (I think) and it sure as hell worked.
That's because it's not very decompressed.

The dude is great with handling 3-4 storylines at one time and folding them into one another.

"face melting o'plenty" - G.C.

are they starting a metal band

basically yeah

Goddamn these two are dicksucking each other too fucking much.

capullo gushing over how nice snyder is

what will be the name of their first album

They're into comics and each other.

Just curious, how exactly is Hitch's JL bad? .

>He doesn't dicksuck his best friend

Hahahaha

King seems more comfortable with longer arcs.

Seems like each other is all they're allowed to talk about. A lot of "can't spoil it yet" stuff.

bland & inoffensive

Feels good seeing Capullo's Batman again.

but that's not bad, that's bland & inoffensive.

They still haven't said anything interesting yet? I stopped watching the stream because it was really boring.

Pretty sure there's no announcements in this beyond the Casting and Dark Nights.