Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary amount of hate Steven Universe gets...

Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary amount of hate Steven Universe gets? It's a good show but everyone shits on it for no reason or MUH FANBASE. Other than that it's a solid show.

>Good characters
>Humor that's not edgy or grossout or references
>Nice clean animation
>Nice art direction
>Shout-outs to things only people with passion for the media would get
>Excellent music
>Interesting lore and worldbuilding

Can someone explain the hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ&list=LLiPq7dDzlTtcehV2W0KbIww
youtube.com/watch?v=7W1UeYP9T7M
dailydot.com/parsec/steven-universe-fanartist-bullied-controversy/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ex-/sug/ here, delet this.

>Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary amount of hate Steven Universe gets?
No, I think it's just deserved.

Ignore the haters user. SU is one of the better cartoons on TV right now despite what SJ and Reddit & Maymay shills want to say.

Because of muh tumblr or muh sjw

It's popular.

It gets more praise than hate but it's only natural that there would also be a large amount of hate.

And I'm not trying to say it's either liked or hated entirely because it's POPULAR CARTOON, just that since it receives a lot of attention of course there's going to be a lot of negativity too.

As someone who doesn't give a shit, I believe it's a direct result of how the fanbase wouldn't shit the fuck up about how good it was.

With that said, I don't hate it but it's pretty mediocre

Point 1, they've degraded themselves over time, hopefully it may recover after firing a certain person.

Point 2, SU get's most of it's scenes from anime for hell sake, what are you on about?

Point 3, that too, has degraded over time, hopefully it may recover.

Point 4, read the above.

Point 5, read point two.

Point 6, debateable, it's fair.

Point 7, we have a thread about that here Tl:dr the above, it's extremely implausible and no where near what should've been the state of the world in SU.

The more something gets blindly worshiped and praised.
The more criticism it deserves.

Nothing is exempt from criticism.

I know that's not what you're trying to get from your post, but there are just too many people who praise it as flawless when it does have some pretty obvious cracks.

You also need to realize that everything you have said is subjective and based upon your relative experience and opinions. Certain groups of people will agree and many many more will disagree.

There is no such thing as 'shitting on something for no reason'. People can have problems with anything for various personal and objective reasons, they might not be good reasons in your opinion but these opinions can be as valid as yours in the grand valueless existence that is the human experience.

It gets hate from 3 different types of people

1) Sup Forums people who don't want (more) tumblrites here

Considering the show is pretty full on women empowerment with almost every male in the series being a fucking idiot, this is the easiest one to see. Steven is getting smarter and starting to actually be a real character (much to the dismay of tumblr) but for people who don't want to watch the show in fear of becoming what they hate most, they still have the "clueless never ask questions and just go with it" Steven that the show is FINALLY starting to part with. The biggest moment being the Bismuth episode. See pic related, but there is a much better collage of the meltdown tumblr had over that ACTUALLY GOOD episode.

2) people who used to watch the show but stopped because 75% of it is filler, and if it's a plot story then it goes on hiatus

I was one of these people for a while up until they decided to start doing steven bombs instead of acting like they can't push out an episode for months at a time. These people dislike the show because "clueless" Steven practically takes any moment of "ask the right question!" and turns it into "oh no I'm sorry about your feelings, lets just bottle this up and forget all about it." Then the next episode is about Steven saving some girl from a pizza nightmare and they put it away in the "plotlines we won't revisit for another month" box. See Amethyst Rose fucking with Greg, see Pearl doing anything, see Garnet talking about her past.

3) people who want to fit in

It's the easiest show to throw punches at because half of the time the show is on hiatus anyways. Everyone wants to show off their E-penis.

I pretty much gave up my respect for the show when I realized everything I liked about it was pretty much ripped off from (much better) animes. The first couple of times I thought it was just an easter egg or two, but then it became rediculous.

So the show just became crying breakfast friends between moments of ripped off anime scenes. Something they are completely aware of, and make constant jokes about in the show. If you can't take your own show seriously why would I? Especially considering the theme of the show.

>hey kid, wanna fuse?

I watch SU, but it's not that good a show.
Music is cute, it has some decent arcs every once in a while and introduces some pretty interesting concepts.
It is totally tonally fucked, has some real jokers boarding some absolute horseshit, any one episode is a gamble from getting at most a 7/10 enjoyable episode but it could just be 1/10 unwatchable garbage- there's no quality control whatsoever. Much of the "lore" falls to the wayside, etc etc.
Really I'm just watching out of hope that it can meet its potential.

Seriously nigga? You think those anime were completely original and were the origin of those things you liked? Can you even name one?

This is pretty spot on.

>Considering the show is pretty full on women empowerment with almost every male in the series being a fucking idiot
why would you lie on the first sentence, there's no need for that

It's not about being original, it's about theme and tone. It's fine if you want to have awkward Evangelion homages. Everyone does those, but it's supposed to be a joke, not coinsiding with actual heartfelt drama and character building.

2 Evangelion jokes. Congratulations in The Test and EoE in Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service. I doubt these ruined the entire show for you so what's up?

It's so much wasted potential that it gets me a bit miffed.

Also
>Humor that's not edgy or grossout or references
not funny either, so there's that
It's usually pretty basic stuff
>Interesting lore and worldbuilding
It's being drip fed to us to keep the lorefags watching, the actual show is SoL about a fat emotionally retarded kid

fuck off

>why do you hate this show
>because of this

>fuck off

>nice art direction

no

>excellent music

no

>interesting lore and worldbuilding

no

>or MUH FANBASE.

As if you aren't proving right now how good a reason that is.

yeah thats what i said good job reading

Steven Universe is morally degenerate. It's part of an effort to normalize destructive behavior (homosexuality, polygamy, obesity, diversity).

>homosexuality

Are you saying that you get sexual urges towards men when watching this show?

>>Nice clean animation

Bait harder

No, I'm saying its enabling homosexuals. It's teaching them that their mental disease should be accepted rather than treated.

I'm a fan of the show, but I can understand that people might not like it. That said, they really go overboard with the hate.

It's a fine show, I just think that it's being shown in a airing schedule where the dominating cartoons are a bit more low brow compared to it. So people are a bit desperate for decent western animation.

With any popular cartoon you're going to get unnecessary hate and praise. That's just how the media works, OP. Maybe if you weren't such a faggot you'd know that.

>good characters
>nice art direction
>nice clean animation
>interesting lore and worldbuilding

It got worse; shitposts; anons trying to fit in

Do you treat it by having a straight man give them a good dicking?

I bet you're a closet faggot, you lot always are.

Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary shitpost /sug/ fags do because they search validation?
People dropped/don't like the show , life continue don't be a cry baby like Steven.
Your fucking fanbase ALWAYS cry about criticism , like your show is perfect or something.
Look those past threads with all those /sug/ cry babbies that cannot take opinions.

>Nice art direction
You mean the show where everyone constantly change sizes?

Return to Sup Forums child

Its a decent show but I never felt any reason to continue watching past s1.

Also, boring-ass romance subplots are boring ass

I might have agreed with you back in season 2 but right now the show has really dropped the ball in almost every aspect.

Cartoons should have no sex scenes or sexual innuendo of any kind, since they are produced for children.

that's because rebecca sugar went from
>I have a specific plan for the show and it will end in a few seasons
to
>I want to still have a job so I'll keep it going forever

What romance subplots?

do you think is ok to push gay agenda/propaganda on kids show?
America is beyond fucked if true

The show gives the illusion of deeper lore, when in reality it actually does next to nothing with it. The characters overreact to every negative thing.

They could solve an issue, but the second something goes wrong they jump at each others throats, everyone is crying, scowling and brooding, and the pandering.

Not to mention the show is CAKED with filler. Endless filler.

>I want to still have a job so I'll keep it going forever
Fuckin' kek.

Get ready for 20 episodes dedicated to Ronaldo.

Steven and that girl? Those two donut shop workers? Maybe I did watch some of s2, I don't know where I left off

Its true, the only male characters that aren't idiots are the ones they never use gregs cousin(even though his character is more of a politcial stance than a character) and maybe some townies other then those guys thats it. They don't even do a decent job at women empowerment if thats what they are going for which is why its such a shit show.

>Does anyone hate the amount of unnecessary amount of hate Steven Universe gets?
Nope. It's completely justified. The characters are awful and unlikable. Steven's VA in particular is fucking grating. The humor is nonexistent or just falls flat. The animation is shit, someone post that hilarious picture of Steven's body-size rapidly changing, where in one picture he's the same size as Lapis, in another he's shorter, and in another he looks like a midget waiter.
What the fuck does that even mean?
The music isn't great, and we just had a thread about how awful the worldbuilding is.

I have never met someone who liked SU and was also a normal functioning human being. People who like SU are also invariably an autist or a frenzied SJW.

Honestly it's the art style that triggers me the most.

Lol those subplots are so vague and go nowhere that I personally don't even call them subplots

>Other than that it's a solid show.
It was in S1, yes.

You didn't miss out on much, season 1 is the best season.

Yeah you can tell they're padding things out. It's a shame because Sugar's original vision for the show was probably good but it's been muddled by all these storyboarders/writers who get the characters wrong and the unnecessary lengthening of the show.

Every episode of SU
>Steven is a bumbling retard
>Gems ignore him because he's a bumbling retard
>Steven does something retarded
>Gems get angry at each other because Steven is in trouble
>Gems save Steven
>Gems do the retarded thing Steven wanted to do at the beginning of the episode

Steven Universe is The Walking Dead of cartoons.

They are reoccuring throughout the season, which is what makes them subplots. The fact that they are vague and go nowhere just makes them bad subplots.

>>Good characters
>All of them are the same and have no internal conflict
>>Humor that's not edgy or grossout or references
>You're ten
>>Nice clean animation
>Everything looks flat in the picture you are showing us
>>Nice art direction
>Stop
>>Shout-outs to things only people with passion for the media would get
>Being niche is not a good thing
>>Excellent music
>Chord loops with whiny vocals
>>Interesting lore and worldbuilding
>Delete this.

This one?

>SU is one of the better cartoons on TV right now
Only because of a curve, not because it actually deserves it. It's not hard to be the best among a sea of retards. That doesn't make you a genius yourself.

>I know that's not what you're trying to get from your post, but there are just too many people who praise it as flawless when it does have some pretty obvious cracks.
It really fucking isn't praised as flawless and it's extensively shit on byy retards in almost every thread.

The most commmon criticism of it are:
>muh tmblr!
>muh SJW!
>MUH PANDERING!

When that's not what the show is about at all, and it ussually pisses off those groups. I'ts "criticism" based on heresay that they heard 3rd hand and a few select images they've glanced at.

Quite simply faggots like them, and you hate on it because they have not watched it at all and they get some sort of cliquish high ground from haitng on it and being with the cool crowd of Sup Forums that doesn't even exist.

>hating on SU's music
>being contrarian

It's easily the most consistently good thing about the show.

That's the one, thanks user.

I love SU

is my favorite show and I personally think that is the best Cartoon of all time.

If you don't agree, It's okay, it's just my opinion

but I am so tired people hating and shitting on SU for any meaningless reason, anons just go to a SU's thread and they throw hate and shit because they have a lot of butthurt or whatever, If you don't like the show is OK, but dude don't bother all days.

Why we just dedicate ourselves to hating the New Power Puff Girls instead?

Sup Forums has children?

>Ignore the haters user. SU is one of the better cartoons on TV right now
>Say this when S3/4 exist
this is why a lot of people hate /sug/

What is that supposed to mean?

Obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ&list=LLiPq7dDzlTtcehV2W0KbIww

Learn to roll with the punches like the ponyfags did (and probably still do), you weenie. :)

I'm legitimately surprised at how many people in this thread are complaining about the music, it's seriously the only consistently good thing in the show at this point.

I like SU
I am not a retard like you that want a circlejerk , people also want to discuss the show mistakes.
if you like the garbage can that are S3/4 thats fine , but don't cry went other people see that crap and talk about it

>but I am so tired people hating and shitting on SU for any meaningless reason
If you really want to talk about how "perfect" the show is , go to reddit faggot.

I lie in wake, this image repeating in my mind like a broken record. I try to scream, but I cannot, for my throat is parched from the screaming of before. This image haunts my dreams and my waking moments. Delete this

S1/S2 music is great , 3/4 are mediocre as fuck
>buh muh hotel music , muh diamons
cheap as fuck

Sorry I was bored

Same here. I understand other criticisms of the show, I can even understand not liking the songs much, but the instrumentals are legitimately great.

I think Steven Universe's main problem is Rebecca Sugar planning it out too much. Rather than progressing things in a way that feels natural, there's a checklist of major bulletpoints that she feels need to be done in a certain order. So you get weird shit like Malachite being thrown on the backburner because Peridot needs to turn good before either of those characters can be reintroduced, or Steven not being allowed to ask questions about Rose until after he finds out that she's a war criminal.

I feel like those kind of ideas sound great on paper, but they really needed to be more flexible and change things around in a way that feels natural.

I have yet to see any VALID complaints about the show here, just a bunch of memeposting from people who don't understand what artistic liberty is like and >Gee I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder!
look at yourselves

Garnet is the only singer worth a damn, Everyone else is awful. I cringe every time I everyone not garnet start to sing,

>Valid
>Not understanding what preference and opinions are

user....

The music refers to more than just the singing user, the background music is what people are talking about. Even the fans themselves admit that a lot of the songs are bad.

Is Aivi & Surasshu no more or something?
Why suddenly the music is bad?
youtube.com/watch?v=7W1UeYP9T7M

> extensively shit on byy retards in almost every thread

*by

I never said 'in Sup Forums'
I meant OBJECTIVELY throughout many more social media sites, not just Sup Forums. And in real life too.

> I'ts "criticism" based on heresay that they heard 3rd hand and a few select images they've glanced at.

*It's

Yes, there are people that hate and don't do the research.

But what basis do you have that the many of these other people that hate it don't/have not watched the show?

Many of the threads even in Sup Forums are littered with people that liked the show and are trying to defend it and people who liked it but dropped it. There are also people that like it flaws and all.

You can like something that has flaws. Flawed media can still be enjoyable but denying that it has them is just dumb.

>Quite simply faggots like them, and you hate on it because they have not watched it at all and they get some sort of cliquish high ground from haitng on it and being with the cool crowd of Sup Forums that doesn't even exist.

It astounds me that you jump to the conclusion that I haven't watched the show by my post especially when my post was directed mainly at the fact that everything in our world is subjective and people will dislike the things the OP (or you if you are the op) may like.

This makes you as blind and judgmental as the people you are complaining about.

Did I say I hate the show? No.
I said people can have their opinions as unfounded as they are.

Calling me a faggot for discussing subjectivity and explaining that there are people who will ultimately not like something in a relatively objective way is immature and uncalled for. Especially since I never said I hated it.

>I said people can have their opinions as unfounded as they are.
Aren't you just an egotistical brat.

>Artistic Liberty is being off model.
Is this bait?

I don't want "circlejerk" and I don't think that SU is "perfect", aslo I don't want people stop discuss the show mistakes.

Have you ever seen people made a topic about how The Answer is one of the worst episodes from the show or how Mirror Gem is a very overrated episode? because I don't , in fact the "best" thread I ever seen about "discuss" is this one: Because if ever in your life you read a SU thread in Sup Forums, you would have seen that this is the trend:
>>someone makes a thread with a SU picture in the OP post
>go back to /trash/ sufag
>SU is shit. (end)
>tumblr tumblr hurr durr tumblr
>this show is SJW propaganda becuase...it has lesbians !!!!
>>Someone said that SU is good
>bait
>Bait !
>BAIT BAIT!!!
>>Someone mades a anti-SU thread like this: hurr durr Steven is so retared because ........jssfd because I hate SU hurr judjsudhsa scsjk
>yeah Steven is so retared, worst protagonist.
>SU is shit

if you think that is "discuss" I don't want know what you think is shitposting.

I try.

Only way to live, user.

and thats affect you how?
are you triggered that people post bait/shitpost about SU, one of the most hated shows + the fanbase is absolute cancer?
That thread you link , /sug/ autist got triggered because people have different opinions.

People have a right to.

Free speech.

Also I think the word you are looking for is 'discussion'….

...and 'make'.

i think this is bait but whatever
i do hate it but in Sup Forums ive come to accept it.Its a show about lesbians that tries to tell you to love yourself and others and puts more focus on morals than action, so of course Sup Forums hates it.
The hate has gotten worse nowadays cause we havent had a good episode since the zoo arc because season 4 sucks but if you let Sup Forums change your opinion on a show you should probably leave.

>It's easily the most consistently good thing about the show.

Quick name 5 good tracks from season 4

Does anyone here have link to SU episodes on MEGA? Haven't seen new episodes since September

dailydot.com/parsec/steven-universe-fanartist-bullied-controversy/

No

my first post was about how I am tired of read people said nonsense shit about SU, and I explain why because someone think I want a "circlejerk" or something. Soo what are you even talking about?

yeah and Free speech means I can post how I am tired of people's shit

They deserve it

These aren't really issues with the show though so much as an issue with the fandom, which everyone knows it totally batshit.

>I can post how I am tired of people's shit
sure you can get more triggered or leave , your choice man.

>people said nonsense shit about SU
no shit user , show have a lot of left stuff even pander to tumblr , the fuck you expect?
You want a circlejerk because you want to silence even the shitpost. You want a safe space and thats not gonna happen.

>Most of Sup Forums tells everyone to neck themselves everyday.
>Tumblr does it once and it sticks.
>And the artist is still alive to this day.
Huh.

This, really.

>Expecting anything to change by your post just like how the complainers you're complaining about expect anything to change by their posts

I never said I want silence the shitpost.

I said "I am tired of shitposting" then an user said something, then I answer why I think hate in SU here is mostly shitposting.

you need to learn how to read m8: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man