$50 million opening weekend

>$50 million opening weekend

So has anyone seen this yet and is DreamWorks back?
deadline.com/2017/04/ghost-in-the-shell-scarlett-johansson-boss-baby-beauty-and-the-beast-weekend-box-office-1202056616/

no, but it does look interesting

I'm happy it beat the shit out of GitS movie.

No one wants that movie to succeed.

Do y'all think Dreamworks will finally hit a home run with some other adaption, or should they create something original? Their only adaptation that worked was How to train your dragon, and Shrek, while original, was made out of pure hatred for Disney.

Now Captain Underpants and Boss Baby... where are they going with this?

I'm pretty indifferent. I went and saw Speed Racer on a lark and uh, well, it was amazing.

It sadly looks like the most interesting animated movie this year

>Speed Racer
fuck, I need to rewatch that movie. purest of kino

Shrek was actually based on a children's book too.

>So has anyone seen this yet
You might not believe me, but trust me when I say I've seen it and it's terrible. It could easily be the worst DreamWorks movie I've ever seen, if not worse than Shark Tale then at least on par with it.

See anything else. The theatre was full of families, and the kids didn't laugh at a single "joke". Critics are going easy on it because they consider all animated movies on a different scale since "it's just for kids so who cares". It deserves far worse reception than it got, and while its financial success doesn't surprise me, it still disappoints me. Visuals are great though, as always with recent DW

I don't go to the movies since it's infested by muzzies nearby, so it doesn't matter.

It looks mediocre and I hope it fucks baldwins career to just acting like trump on SNL just for lulz

The only thing I'm surprised is that Sup Forums isn't flocking to this film en masse, seeing as you guys watch anything as long as it's a 3D cartoon.

It'll give birth to some more diaper faggots, that's for sure

DUDE BABY ACTS LIKE A GROWNUP LOL

Does he have an adult brain? What would he fall under in legal jargon, a minor or an adult?

Nice try.

Babies start out like boss babies, but regress to being normal babies when/if they're given to a family. So essentially, every baby had the potential to be Alec Baldwin.

Let's see how it holds over to the next weekend; Home actually did a little better in its opening weekend than Boss Baby did and wound up being only a middling success. .

Shrek was a book adaption as well.

I'm pretty sure his actual age would be that of an adult, and only his body hasn't grown, but he's always had the Alec Baldwin thing from the beginning. Honestly I don't even think the writers thoguht about it that hard.

/Thread

So if he's an adult in a baby's body, wouldn't that mean, legally he would be able to drink actual alcohol and things of that nature without any reprecussions other than his health?

Would he be able to insert himself into the adult world as long as he was able to prove he had the mind of an adult? Or would they make the argument that he only thinks that he has the mind of an adult, but has no experience that one would have from growing up normally?

post said jokes so we can decide

Went to see it yesterday well my sis and her kids did, i went to see King Kong instead.

>You don't climb into a T-180 to be a driver. You do it because you're driven.

Took my sister and her friend to it. It's about as awful as you'd expect. Even for a children's movie the plot was fucking stupid and contrived and hardly made sense. I don't even think my sister liked it. The only mildly amusing bit was the imaginary(?) action chase scene in the backyard.

Other than that, this was movie was just really weird. Alec Baldwin as a baby for an hour and a half is a really uncomfortable experience.

I guess, but he's still recluded as a baby who stayed in "heaven", so milk is just the norm. There's a character whose lactose intolerant and becomes the villain. Babies who aren't ticklish stay up in "heaven" to work corporate as boss babies. They doesn't age as long as they stay there. The movie's not clear about what it is exactly that keeps the boss baby from growing up. It makes sense since they introduce a fountain of youth serum that the villain tries to steal to inject into puppies, but they also say milk is important, and binkies are what keeps you from losing your memories of boss baby heaven, they also allude it has to do with finding a loving family, honestly it's a mess and all over the place. Especially since there's a reveal that the boss baby is ticklish and would have been assigned as a regular baby, but the way they tested to see if he was ticklish or not wasn't accurate enough.

The boss baby and his brother are on a Las Vegas plane full of Elvis impersonators, and they're all talking at once in "Elvisese" and there are subtitles translating what they're saying. It sounds like a joke that could work, but it's translated so poorly in the movie and they bring it back a second time. The movie is awful, but at the same time I'm not the one to convince you. If you end up seeing it for yourself, who knows maybe you'll like it, in which case you can have it.

So... Exactly like Baby Geniuses?

Thanks for the run-down. The more you describe this movie, the lamer it seems. It'd be interesting if the writers had put more thought into it though, but it sounds that they were either pressed for time since they went under a ton of revision/editing or they were just bad writers

Really, I'm just surprised a Hollywood big-wig hasn't tried a baby-adult thing, where an adult really is trapped in a baby's body, ala Nine Lives (2016) or The Shaggy Dog (2006).

>interesting

>How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Kung Fu Panda 2 underperform
>this and Home exceed expectations

And people wonder why DreamWorks is focusing on dumbass animated comedy's? Really?

To be fair, that can actually happen. So parents will actually find that funny.
Not me though, I'd never go anywhere near a butt.

I say this it was pretty okay.

You made the right choice.

I saw it, it was actually really good. DreamWorks seems to have gotten their creative spark back.

>I'd never go anywhere near a butt.
If you don't touch your children's butt , you will be a very bad parent
how are you going to clean their ass without spreading their cheeks and rubbing the insides?

it's like you want your seed to die out. You better touch some baby ass, degenerate