If I were to watch an X-Men cartoon, which one should I watch? I know the '92 series is the most iconic/popular...

If I were to watch an X-Men cartoon, which one should I watch? I know the '92 series is the most iconic/popular, but I have vaguely fond memories of Evolution.

Neither. Watch Wolverine and the X-men.

That's ok, but the worst place to start.

92 first, then do Evolution and into Wolverine and the X-men since it's the sequel

The 92 series aged like hot milk. Evolution is ok but gets a lot better when they get rid of spyke. Wolverine and the x-men was ok but only lasted one season.

recently binged 92, it's still great

>then do Evolution and into Wolverine and the X-men since it's the sequel
No, it wasn't.

are you fucking retarded? It was exactly the sequal

X-Men 92 if you just want nostalgia, 90s animation and the closest adaptations of comic storylines.

X-Men Evolution if you want 00s nostalgia, a literal High school au but with balanced screen time for the whole cast, but the only one to actually have a long term story arc that actually ended.

WATXM if you want endless Wolverine wank even though he's not allowed to actually cut people with his claws. There were a couple of cool Nightcrawler episodes though

No, it wasn't you giant fucking retard.

Evolution had a better Apocalypse.

>Iceman and Kitty are still teenagers and were dating.
>Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler and Forge were adults
>Wanda and Rogue weren't goths
>Polaris existed and was Magneto's favorite

I could go on

watch all of them

And by that, a better story. The original from season 1 was rushed and the horsemen looked like shitty action figures.

Still a fun series.

It was a reshuffling and time skip for some character, but it was a continuation, same designs for a lot of them (unless aging happened), same character concepts and some of the same storylines were continued.

it's visually similar but it's not related
>>Wolverine and the X-men was ok but only lasted one season
Age of Apocalypse arc would've been sweet

All of that is 100% false. It's fine if you want to think of the show like that, but stop trying to make it seem like it was a literal continuation. It was called a spiritual sequel, that's as far as they said it. Doesn't mean it was literally a continuation.

I'd say that the Apocalypses in '92 X-Men and Evolution summed the shows up; '92 was faithful to the comics, but the right kind of hammy, whereas Evolution had him more realistic and subdued, which worked in its own.

I'd agree with the other guy it's best to start with wolverine and the xmen something more current

OG X-Men > W&TXM > final season of Evolution > 80's pilot episode > Anime > Evolution S1-2 > OG final season
cannot be disputed

Not really.

They actually changed Apocalypse to his classic form/X-Men '92 voice SPECIFICALLY because, when he first appeared, fans shitted all over him as far as "NOT MAH PACCALIPS!!!"

Also, the X-Men 92 cartoon was hit or miss with faithfulness. Proteus Saga, Phalanx Covenent, and the introduction of Lady Deathstrike strayed so far from the source material, Proteus Saga in particular given how they completely pussied out on the gore and death and Proteus being pure evil, that it was embarassing. Especially since, with regards to the Proteus Saga, that they completely neutered that storyline but KEPT Jean Grey committing suicide in the Dark Phoenix Saga

there was A LOT of censoring happing for the 92 cartoon, so some of the stuff had to be neutered

>KEPT Jean Grey committing suicide in the Dark Phoenix Saga
So? She was alive like 5 minutes later.

>Neither. Watch Wolverine and the X-men.
I like this guy.