Why doesn't he just time travel to get his McNugget sauce? What kind of Doc Brown knockoff doesn't have a time machine?

Why doesn't he just time travel to get his McNugget sauce? What kind of Doc Brown knockoff doesn't have a time machine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGRDCRuPklc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Justin Roiland doesn't want time travel in Rick and Morty.

one ade by a fake nerd who knows jack shit about the science he claims to love.

Or just go to a dimension where they never stopped selling it.

Smart from a meta perspective. Pretty strongly begs an in-universe explanation, though.

You'd think he could at least find an alternate universe where the sauce is still around or Mulan is new.

Because that's not funny?

Time travel stuff is literally shelved in Rick and Morty

How have you not noticed that shit it's literally in every garage shot

But pic related has time travel powers.
Has Justin said this is at comic con or something?

maybe they eat anyone who discovers time travel

maybe non 4th dimensional beings die if they try to time travel

I think Rick knows that no matter how good the szechuan sauce might have been it will never be as good as he remembers it and because of that he doesn't really want to experience it again but likes thinking about it.

In Roilands case he totally wants that sauce back and put that shit in there to get his fans to pressure McDonalds into bringing it back.

Any of you guys remember that sauce, anyway? I definitely went to McDonald's during the Mulan promotion but I'm pretty sure I just stuck with barbecue sauce.

R.I.P. Bird Person..

Bird Person didn't deserve any of this.

I don't remember. Did they really have promotional takeout boxes? I never liked McNuggets so I never had any of it.

Didn't Rick say he doesn't do that anymore? IDk I don't watch this shit show anymore cause I dropped it a year ago.

Because that would make to much sense.

Smartest man in the multiverse....but yet he can't figure out the recipe for Szechuan Nugget Sauce.

I thought Rick said time travel isn't possible or something along those lines.

In an interview Roiland said that he thinks using time travel would be a little too one-the-nose considering the show's origins.

Then he joked that, in-character, Rick doesn't believe in time travel as "its a paradox, Morty, it doesn't work!"

>dropped it a year ago

You mean you stopped watching episodes when season 2 ended and didn't watch more because there was nothing new to watch.

What is he a chef?

Think Tammy kept his Bird Seed?

Why is Sup Forums so gullible? Rick doesn't give a fuck about the sauce. He just wanted to distract the bugperson to look too hard into flaws of his fabricated memory. It's just product placement.

I think the fake memory had a bit of truth too it, Rick reacted pretty hard to that explosion.

Apparently they really did
youtube.com/watch?v=mGRDCRuPklc

>Why doesn't he just time travel to get his McNugget sauce?
[ADVERTISEMENT]

the episode revolved around [PRODUCT OF THE HIGHEST BIDDER]

Rick could of spouted about literally [ANYTHING] and the plot would have not changed. The only reason it was McShitals instead of Cheetos is because they paid more.

Whatever little bits of Rick's sanity that remain would go poof if he fully abused his tech, and he knows it.

>things that would NEVER fly today

>Giving rick time travel

Basically this

Rick having access to time machine would mean he would get to reverse everything that went wrong

Rick's entire philosophy is to go through the shit that goes wrong until you find something right

Why would McDonalds pay to advertise a product they haven't sold in 20 years?

So, the show's getting darker?

>can't serve in take out box
why?
is there some SJW law that requires that only Chinese restaurants can use those types of boxes?

talk about racists

aaaaand I now want to hugg little beth

why you do this to me Sup Forums

Yes, actually, they call it Cultural Appropriation.

You can't just serve McNuggets in an ethnic food box, user.

wow, they sure are racist.
confining only chinese food to those boxes.

>le mulan sauce xDDD

It's the new Bazinga!

Did he (Rick) ever say he hated it too? I feel like he did in one episode and not just people behind the show. I can imagine him complaining about how complicated it makes things and even revealing something that has been part of the show since ep1 is the result of a time travel fuckup he made long ago.

This scene isn't that dark to be frank. I really think the show may have used the "Lets kill everyone and escape into another dimension" trick way to early since it still manages to be the darkest thing they've done and behind that the realistic near rape scene, and both were used in the first season.

The only thing that I can think of that'd be real dark is if Beth gets to go on an adventure with Rick and Morty and through reasons is forced to either kill Rick or Morty, and she goes straight for Morty. Maybe make the relationship with her father even more creepily obsessive and bordering into incestuous.

I'm just waiting for them to call adding pineapple to anything with pork Hawaiian cultural appropriation.

PUNISHED Bird Person, a bird person robbed of his free will. Poetic.

Or forced to kill evil Morty?

>Like "The Good Son"?

Then it wouldn't be as dark.
The idea is that Beth is so obsessed over getting Ricks approval she would literally kill her own son, who trusts and lover her, for him.

If she were to kill Evil Morty which isn't even her actual son then it wouldn't have the same oomph, not to mention she'd have a far better excuse to do it since he's, well, evil.

I like to think Tammy is an extremely competent agent and infiltrator as well as being an unabashed slut.

>when she's talking about bukkake with the other girls in her first appearance
That's not normie conversation, that's just her revealing her power level.

9 MORE SEASONS for that sauce.

Given Ricks mind games I wouldn't be suprised if the scenario is pulled last minute to not actually be Good Morty she shot

This was the darkest scene because it came out of nowhere.
>Do you feel it?
>Do you feel it?
>Do you feel the pain in your heart?

Oh, in that case yeah sure.

Why the fuck would Beth be that young in 1998? Or did this scene take place in a different year? I wonder what happened to the Rick from Morty's universe. Like it is obvious C-137 Rick is from a different universe than Morty. Morty is from the Croneburg universe. Summer and everyone else is from a third universe. Mr. Poopybutthole and crumbobulan michael are both from other universes that are different than the one Summer is from

I wish there was more Rule 34 of Tammy..

R&M is sponsored pretty heavily by Hardee's. I don't think McDonald's paid them, just like I don't think Shoney's paid them. Or any of the other real life shit they mention. They just can't be fucked to make up thinly-veiled expies and probably find it funnier this way to boot.

This was the most beautiful scene since I like to see Beth suffer.

The whole thing was fabricated

Traitorous whores don't deserve rule 34

Meh, Jellybean Rape and replacing themselves came out of left field as well and it was darker because it involved Morty who's just an innocent kid (at least during season 1).

Feeling suicidal as an adult because you make create shitty relationships is sad but kid effectively destroying his whole world and abandoning his parents or kid nearly getting raped is always gonna win out. Depressing stuff involving Morty in general will always have more impact because of the big difference that Rick is already old and cynical and dead inside, with Morty you're watching the effects slowly develop in front of you to an innocent.

>everyone is horrified
>agent nathan fillion stuffing his face in the background

every goddamn time, I love this show

Because he doesn't actually give a shit about the McNugget™ sauce, you gawd dang autists. He doesn't actually do all this stuff for fucking chicken sauce.

rick has a fucking box labeled "time travel stuff" for fuck's sake.

He could get around it by having them go to a universe where culture developed slight slower, so it would appear like time travel without actually being it.

The bit at the end was a joke, a call back to the 100 years rick and morty.com bit.

ffs, does anybody even watch the show? remember the whole episode that had HUGE repercussions when rick fucked with time, nearly resulting in his death? how the time police showed up to arrest them?

I hope she gets vengeance R__ED

Then we need to replace this morty or this morty will have to get into more fucked up bullshit this season.

Link to that scene, please?

I like to think that creature was somebody from the Chronenberg world, and that Rick up until then was still trying to figure out a solution to that problem.

And I have a box full of ropes, gags, some chloroform and my neighbor's panties, but it's still a work in progress too

Yeah, but it's on the shelf. Time travel is on the shelf.

It's in my mail, My friend Darq sent it too me this morning.

>No getting the original family back, huh?

IIRC Schezu sauce was pretty much just plum sauce with a bit of "ginger" flavoring (I.e. flavouring, if you're in Brexitopia).

Also Rick DID create the time travel technology that the time-cops use, it's easy to see, since Rick takes testicle face's crap and is able to instantly use it. Also, he seeded the big bang with an intergalactic virus that inserted the only language he bothered to learn, hence why everyone speaks English.

Time for the Gym.

>Cheers

Fun note Rick is also way younger than when he claimed he figured out the Portal gun.

Why bother with time-travel when he can just teleport to a dimension with naturally-occurring lakes and oceans of Mulan McNugget sauce?

Hey I just notice on of those charts in the background is likely about that gas lighting study from the 90s where levels of hunger effected how much someone would disbelieve the lie. Basically if you were full of food you were less likely to engage arguing with the manipulator and just accept the lie as truth.

Tammy obviously still wants her avian husbando.

Can't rape the willing. She's one freaky bitch.

I feel like the entire end rant was not as canon as people want it to be.

I think it was literally just rick freaking out morty for fun, as grandparents do, just like in S1E1.

IF it was canon, as in, Rick was genuine in his rant, it would create A LOT of plotholes
>If the sauce is so precious to him, why would he not travel to a dimension that has it, or go into his own memory on his own to experience it. He literally travels dimensions to get better icecream already
>Why does he say Jerry crossed him when he turned HIMSELF in. Rick WANTED to be imprisoned so he could crash the 2 governments that fuck up his life, in one fell swoop
>Why would he even tell morty if it was a secret
Just to name a few

Jerry crossed him when he made the him-or-me ultimatum. Before that he'd just been a harmless idiot, not an actual obstacle to Rick in any way.

Beth wouldve picked Rick even before all of this.

THE ONLY WAY TO FIX MY TIME TRAVEL CAR IS HAVING YOU LICK MY BALLS

>The entire episode was Rick lying his way through every situation
>Still thinking it's about the McNugget sauce

Sup Forums confirmed most autistic board

The sauce was just a meme joke that they can call back on later and the rant was a callback to the first episodes "100 years" rant.

It's probably some random throwaway bullshit. He's gonna forget about it the rest of the season

because it goes great with red herring too.

The sauce stopped existing in all universes. It's a multiverse anomaly, and thus it has reality warping properties. Rick wants it for that purpose.

Oh shit. That actually changes my whole perspective on Rick. He can do seemingly anything, but he can't undo his mistakes...

>food helps you believe lies
>"hunger games" Summer doesn't trust Rick
The theme of season 3 will be "panem et circenses". Rick will try to lie to himself about his depressing reality by seeking out food, starting with szechuan sauce.

How did you figure that tidbit out I can't see what any of the values are on those charts?

>If the sauce is so precious to him, why would he not travel to a dimension that has it, or go into his own memory on his own to experience it. He literally travels dimensions to get better icecream already
it could be something that, to him, is so amazingly good that it detracts from his ability to focus on anything, satisfying him so utterly that he loses all scientific ambition and falls back into addiction, which would explain why he wants it so badly but never touches it when showing that agent his memory of it
>Why does he say Jerry crossed him when he turned HIMSELF in. Rick WANTED to be imprisoned so he could crash the 2 governments that fuck up his life, in one fell swoop
because he heard Jerry planning to turn him in, so he turned himself in to take away Jerry's momentary power over him while also starting his plan to ruin everything
>Why would he even tell morty if it was a secret
i'm the autist who theorycrafted that Rick is currently unable to ad-lib coherent lies because of his first brainalyzer jump into the Gromflomite, you could take me at my word that i'm correct if you want

Were those guys supposed to resemble Langoliers?

>inb4 some youtuber finds a packet of the sauce in some forgotten box and eats the expired contents, with a thumbnail on par with that guy who drank 20 year old Crystal Pepsi and puked his guts out on-camera.

>agent bugbutt is eating the whole time

Justin Roiland has said Rick's never succeeded at time traveling. That stuff is from his attempts.

This.

I need more of Tammy in her uniform being a sadistic dom.

Time travel's impossible, be-URP-est to just pull that band-aid right now. There is no future yet, and the past is only a scar. M-moving through time is like.. i-i-it's like if you could give yourself super-speed.. Yeah okay you can move fast, but through what? There's still air in front of you, and now you'll feel like you're on top of a fuckin' train car.. like in a movie, the wind blowing, just from taking a URP- step. And you know that tunnel coming up? Try approaching the speed of sound, the air's gonna be.. gonna be THAT.
N-now i-URP-imagine.. that air.. you can't move it out of the way? Try moving the pas- the PRESENT out of the way. aa-a-and don't expect it to still be there w-when you get back, you *URP you fuckin' moved it, got it alll muckled up. It's all Mucklehoney now.

Show me a dimension where temporary fast food tie-ins never end, and I'll show you a dimension flooded with deadly pathogens

no, what he should have done is fucking interrogated mcdonald's records and found the formula.. or found an old unopened tub on ebay and replicated it.

haha yeah, we all dropped it a year ago
seriously though I think it's great how soon it came back. I didn't see it coming at all, I thought we had MONTHS to go

inorite
theyre american anyway