So what's next for Jerry?

So what's next for Jerry?
Where do you think they're going to take his character?
Where do you want them to take his character?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/177342167
youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BumblingDad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BURRRPPPP

MORTY

MORTY

MCDONALDS MORTY THAT'S THE JOKE MORTY BURRRP

Jerry has been becoming dumber and dumber as the show continues.

I am hoping that their is a leech, sucking out his intelligence, so when he gets cured, he'll be pissed that no one noticed.

Also, he'll get a job.

"Big Trouble in Little Sanchez" and "Look Who's Purging Now" made me realize that the writers have been trying to make Jerry increasingly unlikable. It really sucks, considering he's one of my favorite characters.

it's stupid, they are trying to make him like a coward and an ass, but he cares about his family and is the only one who doesn't put up with Rick's bullshit. Rick could kill them at any second without caring yet they treat him like a god while Jerry is genuinely trying to be a good father.

I know guys like Jerry in real life.

You people are giving him too much credit.

The family needs a divorce. Maybe they'll get back together. But keeping it the way it is is just leading it to self-destruction even without a crazy scientist grandpa around.

We'll probably get a bachelor subplot for Jerry.

Likely he'll be incredibly incompetent as usual while Beth starts seeing someone new, but I think there's a small chance they'll flip the script and have Jerry be the more successful one in the divorce.

Granted if they do go with that, he'll get fucked super hard by the end and be forced to take Beth back due to humiliating circumstances.

Jerry is never really allowed to win.

>tfw even the released model sheets remain censored

Is all this nudity just gonna stay locked behind the vaults of Rick and Morty LLC? We were lucky to even see Rick's dick: vimeo.com/177342167

It feels weird, because despite Jerry having always been an idiot, he wasn't always a coward. Cronenburg/Original Jerry is evidence of that. When Beth was in danger, he got his shit together and fucking killed monsters to save her. Jerry was also fucking fantastic with episodes like the Mr.Meeseeks one. Some of my favorite episodes in the show are when he finally gets a win, but the writers seem to have decided he'd be better as an unlikable tool instead.

>The writers are trying to make jerry increasingly unlikeable

Holy shit, as opposed to what letting him go off on his own and observe him, really let him develop as a person? He's a fucking cartoon character.

We assume he's the boring dad, then we find out his kinda dumb and has self esteem issues, then finally we find out he's extremely selfish.

This is the direction he's been going since we first saw him. Entire moral of this show is that dumb people suck and ruin everything.

>but I think there's a small chance they'll flip the script and have Jerry be the more successful one in the divorce
very very small

Which is unfortunate because that'd be actually be pretty funny.

If they remove Jerry, they should have done it years ago, before making so many "oh but they'll always get back together episodes"

If they make Jerry miserable, we've seen it before and we don't really give a shit, just focus on the other characters

If they make Jerry happy, that's actually kind of unexpected and might even be fun to explore

A regular human with a father in law determined to push you out of your family's life and keep having dangerous adventures with your children.

I don't even know what you're supposed to do in that situation. How do you protect your kids from their supervillain grandpa?

I thought Jerry was hung like a horse.

I guess a grower

>Jerry becomes successful and independent
>Beth is initially okay but continues being an alcoholic to fill the void left by Jerry
>Ruins her shot at her universe's version of the better-than-Jerry husband from the Jerry Daycare and becomes an outwardly-empty emotional wreck
>Resents Rick for encouraging her attachment to him and choosing an abandoner over the now-awesome Jerry
>Rick resents Jerry for failing to fail further, and instead "spiting" Rick by becoming a better man and thereby hurting Beth by being apart from her (even though Rick made that happen)
>Eyepatch Morty recruits Successful Jerry as bait, then as a coworker once he proves his surprising viability, in a plan to take down Rick
>Successful Jerry and Eyepatch Morty become Rick's arch-enemies

What's your IQ, 86?

If you think that's the moral of the show or that Jerry isn't set up as being one of the more reasonable and human characters despite his cowardice/selfish tendencies then you're a moron.

I like that Jerry's cowardice is shown as being a successful tactic for survival.

Stop making excuses for Rick like every other fucker on the show.

Almost like real life

He's gonna get raped. Gets disgusted of men. become a woman.
Then he falls in love with Rick and they get married.

If he doesn't actually leave Beth, it could go both ways he'll probably go homeless till he finds a job and gets a gay lover or something and actually become a happier person

If it helps, when he put his foot down it seemed like they decided to develop his backbone a little bit. Getting divorced will probably be the best thing to ever happen to him.

Personally I like Jerry's character, and I hope that without having to play off of Beth he becomes an interesting foil to Rick

I'll be honest I'm shock they kept Chris on as long as they did, he is doing so much work now and here Jerry is in most the episodes that had to be eating in his time.
I'm sure Jerry will be in Season 3 but he certainly won't be as constant or as often.

I think it's obvious that we aren't supposed to think that Jerry is in the wrong here. Rick is a destructive asshole , that's been pretty much a running theme in the series thus far and Jerry being the only one who ultimately puts his foot down makes him the smartest character in the show.

Should they have divorced? Probably, but doing it for Rick's sake is doing it for all the wrong reasons.

He kinda had a point in the final episode of season 2.
The writer didn't even realise they did, but it's kinda obvious that whatever their initial idea for Jerry was, it didn't worked out, there is no way to fix that and they need to dump him.

>Jerry has been gone most of the season
>Beth becomes more and more like Rick both in personality and drinking, completely codependent on Rick to the point it's effecting Rick's adventures/work
>going as far as breaking Rick's stuff to stop him from leaving the house.
>kids are really worried at mom's downward spiral and seek Jerry out in hopes they can get them back together
>they find Jerry, looking better, talking more confidently and has had a successful well paying job.
>also has a hot,loving, understanding girlfriend
>lives better now then when he did with Beth
>kids try to make him come back
>he refuses
>Rick gets involved
>Rick ruins his carrier by sending photos of when he was flashing his wang at the space hospital
>makes his gf leave him by having her seduced by his good friend Mr. Poopy Butthole
>burns his new place down
>"Whelp Jerry, guess you g-blaup-got to come back"
>Jerry kills himself
>"God damnit!"
>Rick goes and grabs an alternate Jerry that accidentally killed the family and makes him come back to even out Beth
>Status Quo returns

Unless Jerry can find he'll probably move back in with his parents. But if that doesn't work he'll probably end up jobless.

>dumber and dumber
except he was fucking right at the end of the episode, Beth has a dependency on Rick that he abuses, and even outright states that he uses in order to keep Beth liking him, Jerry can be a bit of a moron, but Rick really does fuck with Beth and she's blind to it, honestly i hope he does leave for the season, and i hope they later have an episode where the find Jerry again, and have him turn out alright with a new girlfriend and a decent job, because honestly many people like him have a shit time with jobs and relationships, but what actually makes it difficult for him is rick and the love that Beth has for him that makes anything he says seem demonised in her eyes, in fact i hope he ends up getting a successful relationship because then Beth may finally realise that it was never her or Jerry that was fucking their relationship, it was Rick.

Meant to say homeless not jobless. Regardless I don't imagine things are going to look up for Jerry at any point in the future, even if he and Beth get back together (which probably isn't going to happen).

I don't think the C137 family is friends with Mr. Poopy Butthole, otherwise this doesn't sound too far away from what they would do

The thing about Jerry is that he's unarguably the shows third best character behind the titular ones. But ironically the problem is the fact that he's TOO good. Jerrry gets just about as much attention as Rick and Morty and is the highlight to the majority of the B-plots. He's so used the show honestly feels more like "Rick and Morty and Jerry". the reason is because he can be a good straight man whilst still having enough faults to be funny on his own.

Summer is only ever good as a straightman reacting to Ricks antics but flat on her own, and Beth is the definition character of "wasted potential". While i hope he remains as a central character I can understand why they'd want to remove him from the main group as a means to incentive's writers to use the other characters, especially Beth whose a complete dead fish.

>Beth is going to come in some adventures

Copy and paste the bullshit Francine in AD pulls and there you go

>better-than-Jerry husband from the Jerry Daycare
Paul isn't better than Jerry, otherwise he wouldn't need to be put in the daycare. I think Beth just latches on to losers to feel better about herself.

You say this as if Jerry won't still be a regular part of Morty and Summer's lives.
Also, Jerry should be the one to keep the house, be he probably won't.

So the show has to end with Morty killing Rick right?

He's not Beth said as much at the end of the episode.

Francine is more Ditzy Blonde, Beth doesn't have much character but when it's shown is mostly Stockholm Syndrome Girlfriend but instead it's with her dad which can be used for some really weird scenarios and interactions.

Odds on who Beth starts fucking?
WIll she go total slut mode or not?

you could write it that Rick's adventure kept them to busy.

Shut up, Justin.

When I started watching this show i was really hoping they would break the "dumb dad" cliche that infests cartoons.

That's why I said that.

God dammit, Justin!

good post

>Rick and Morty, a show for "adults", has writers who think having no plot is good.
>show inevitably falls into all the traps of no plot comedies in that the characters become exaggerated idiot versions of themselves
>Star vs, a kid's show, manages to develop a very well balanced story throughout the second season and manages to balance comedy with an ongoing story
>characters actually change naturally through the course of the show
really makes you think

Justin and co. arent disney material right now.

Beth isn't since she shot him, but why wouldn't the others be?

Except the characters are well aware of the "retcons"

Morty literally had to witness leaving his old dimension behind and bury his current dimension's dead Body

>exaggerated versions of their characters

This isn't Family Guy user

Take your copy pasta and go away

There's a pretty sound theory that the family in that episode (and the previous episode) are an from an alternate dimension

Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI
>tldw: according to the number on the ticket, the rick and morty that save the fart cloud are actually not rick and morty C137. after morty kills the cloud, rick is seen picking up some rocks. at the beginning of the next episode, rick is seen dumping the rocks into the trash can, establishing that this is still not C137 rick and morty, which would explain where the character mr. poopy butthole comes from.

What if the number on the ticket is randomly generated and they don't check which universe you're from

Fuck off my IQ is 147, at the lowest, and 179 at the highest, based off 6 tests I took online. My median IQ is 160, but no matter how you look at it, I'm way more smart than you.

Nowhere. Christ Parnell has said many times he hates that he's doing the same character as he is on Archer for Jerry. So they just decided to remove him entirely. Ez pz.

Will Doofus Rick ever return?

that doesn't matter; the number on the ticket they hand the two at the beginning of the episode says 5126, and we definitely know they are C137 Rick and Morty because it said so on the clipboard. At the end, a separate Rick asks the one we were watching the whole episode if they had Jerry 5126.

He's probably the one taking care of the surviving Morty's on the citadel.

I felt like he has the potential to be a great character if he actually manages to overcome the fucking writers that just keep screwing him over each and every chance he gets. The best Jerry we got is Cronenberg-World Jerry.

Which is too bad. A few times we see Jerry start to develope a backbone and even become a hero at times. The show forgot that he saved Beth from the marriage councelor monster, and it's annoying that they're deliberately holding back his character development for the sake of making him into Meg: a character we're told to hate despite not having much reason to do so.

We don't deserve Doofus Rick. He is too pure.

I feel like one of the writers hates that the other(s) are giving Jerry likable qualities and so they continuously shit on Jerry and rewrite him to be dumber each episode. Is it Justin? Dan? Some other asshole?

Could just have been that version of Jerry.

Our new Jerry is a fucking spineless limp dicked coward.

have beth completely wanting rick's cock

didn't catch that, that's clever.

>After nine seasons, Rick finally finds some more Mulan sauce.
>Half way though eating his mcnuggets, Doofus Rick reveals he was the one who invented Mulan sauce.
>McDonalds pulled it off the market after they discovered it was made of shit.
>Mulan sauce is made of shit.
>Rick had been eating shit this whole time.
>Rick continues to eat McNuggets while screaming "Mulan sauce is made of shit."

New Jerry still saved Beth from the counseling monsters.

With Doofus Rick

The writers fell into the trap of "taking things farther=making things better" in Season 2. Rick became way more of a Gary Stu, Jerry is reduced to a complete living joke, Beth gets treated like she's the voice of reason even more (despite being the most unlikeable character), and for some reason they tried to make Morty more edgy. They gave him more dialogue that just felt like Justin using him as a mouthpiece to voice his Sophomoric, teenage nihilism.

Rick and Morty isn't the first show to make this mistake. Over extremeness hurt the quality of Drawn Together, Billy And Mandy and Chowder. I guess you could call it Flanderization, but I hate quoting TV Tropes and this feels... different. The characters aren't altered, the writers just turned up the dials to an obnoxious level.

The response to this tends to be "You're just offended", but I'm not. I'm just not laughing.

Considering how few lines he got, I have a hunch he might be gone for good. Didn't his VA also go on strike for the few video-games he was in?

rofl

Jerry's always been a fucking loser, and Rick is not a perfect character and Beth is definitely NOT the voice of reason. Morty isn't becoming edgy, he's just getting desensitized to Rick's bullshit

You know, it's hard to defend this show against the "lol only redditors like this show" trope with a-holes like you around.

I bet you're the most handsome boy in school, user. I bet you kiss all the girls.

And he still need his parents for financial support.

Doofus Rick isn't actually from the shit eating dimension, they were just fucking with him.

>dumb people suck and ruin everything.
Watch, the next couple episodes will have him converting to Christianity

>Jerry is never allowed to succeed.
>Every high he gets is countered by increasingly sadistic lows

If their intention was to create a character that gives you second hand embarassment on sight, then it fucking worked but I think Jerry could be better than this. He makes the most sense and is, at this point, the only character who isn't a complete piece of shit except MAYBE Morty.

If they keep him around, I hope they fix that.

I almost thought you took his bait, but then I realized it's double-bait, well done.

>Beth travels to another dimension
>kills Other Beth
>takes her place and pretends the divorce never happened

Beth isn't the voice of reason but she's sure portrayed as one. Or, rather, she faces the fewest consequences and is the least likely to be the butt of jokes. It feels like she's the waifu for one of the writers. Maybe this writer hates Jerry for stealing Beth. Who knows.

It also didn't feel like Rick was actually rubbing off onto Morty. I would love if they did that, but it just feels like Season 2 was trying to be louder and more obnoxious than Season 1. And I don't feel sorry for Jerry, he's a cartoon character, but at this point he's just Meg and his suffering has gone from hilarious to tiring.
>oh look, Jerry gets shat on again
It's just an old schtick that could still work if they tried to space it out more.

I'd like Jerry to man up and divorce Beth. Morty won't be affected, he knows the deal. Summer will try to make it about her but she's almost 18 and therefore mentally an adult so she can fucking deal with it.
He needs to get with Sleepy Gary or find himself a real human doctor wife, I'm sure either would love his spinelessness, unlike his current wife. She takes advantage of it, treating him like shit, instead of the actually devoted loving father/husband he is.

>double bait
I beg your excuse me, humble strange? I'm oblivious as to what your inquiring.

That's not what bait is you stupid reddit tourists

Im hoping they just do this. I like Jerry but as a recurring character he just keeps getting shit on. If he disappears for all but a couple episodes where we see his life has turned around for the best then that would be just fine

At this point Rick is of course entertaining but I really hate him. Obviously the writers know how fucked up he is and how his relationship with his family is not very good so I'm not too mad about it. I guess it's just that fans' reaction to it that has me peeved. People act like Jerry just sucks on every level and Rick is so cool and good for Beth, Summer, Morty.
>inb4 "it's a fucking cartoon idiot"

>tfw Rick and Morty has better animation and more consistent character heights than Steven Universe.

1/10

The show is fine, alt-right pissbabies are just triggered that for once the dumb straight white male patriarch doesnt get everything he wants.

Sweetie, you shouldve dropped this cartoon when Jerry'd dad was revealed to be a "cuck".

>Granted if they do go with that, he'll get fucked super hard by the end and be forced to take Beth back due to humiliating circumstances.

Yeah and you know Rick will orchestrate his downfall either out of spite, because Beth is incredibly butthurt that Jerry isn't miserable, or because Beth is dating a guy who is the opposite of Jerry and makes things difficult for Rick.

And fuck Barron

>Rick is a sexist, ableist, misogynistic asshole
>he destroys a stable government
>he's a good guy because FUCK THE GOVERNMENT

Yeah, this show might as well have been written by Sup Forums. I fucking expect a Donald Trump guest appearance. I just don't get how they could turn this show around into alt right, white supremacy territory in just one season. Fuck fascism, fuck white people and fuck Rick and Morty.

I'm nowhere near alt-right and and I don't have a problem with the show, but it should be pretty obvious that Jerry is right about the family worshiping Rick too much, and the response to that shouldn't be "well let's just get a divorce".

>I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested
>Bazinga

Yeah, Jerry's patheticness is funny but the show seems to punish him more for calling out Rick's bullshit than it does for his actual faults. In fact, it seems like they keep giving him more flaws just to undermine his criticism of Rick. It's just lazy writing, pandering to the people who think that, deep down, they're Rick.

>Rick collapses a unified ((one galaxy government)) by manipulation of their single (fiat currency)
What did Roiland and Harmon mean by this?

>Zimbabwe

underrated

>for once the dumb straight white male patriarch doesnt get everything he wants
k sweetie i know this is bait but
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BumblingDad
"straight white male patriarch gets everything he wants" is the exception to the norm now, if anything