but why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-hfG-6OFA
bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/14/a3554714.shtml
gq.com/story/dunkirk-according-to-a-dunkirk-historian
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kek'd
quality post

Why didn't the spitfires just fly him home?

He was swimming at god

>goes into the deep sea
>It's supposed to be a deep moment
Woa, bravo Nolan

IT'S RIGHT THERE, YOU CAN ALMOST SEE IT

These are the type of posts I was waiting for.

Hahaha I get this reference!

why does the beach look so weird? I don't remember it snowing in the movie

his people needed him

I don't get it.

Was getting caught part of his plan?
Why did he crash the plane with survivors?

It's a foamy beach at Dunkirk, go visit my friend

youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-hfG-6OFA

great doc btw, you should watch it

>noticed modern architecture on esplanade in shots taking place on beach

I thought Nolan was into realism or something?

He wanted to swim where no penguin had swam before.

>realism

Impossible, because Dunkirk was a bombed out ruin during the events of the film. The aerial shots weren't even the correct city.

Because crossing the Channel is 100% doable if you're a good swimmer.

At least some swam yes, but not in an attempt to cross the Channel, but in an attempt to:

1. not to be captured.
2. reach one of the surviving British ships in the Channel, quite a few of them private ships, like yachts, lifeboats, paddle steamers and barges.

A Swim I Will Never Forget, Dunkirk - 1940

>I was a very strong swimmer, and had even thought of swimming the English Channel before the war started, so I decided to skip the queues and swim out to a waiting destroyer. It must have been a mile offshore, and I swam hard through discarded equipment and bodies, fearing it would leave without me, but I was seen in the water, and someone on ship signalled to me to hurry up.

bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/14/a3554714.shtml
>Michael Korda has seen a lot. He served in the Air Force for two years in Germany, he remembers World War Two, and he's published countless books on everything from the Battle of Britain to watch making. His next, Alone, is about the Dunkirk evacuation (available September 19th). So the question had to be asked: What does he make of Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk, heralded for its nontraditional structure and historical accuracy? And what's the worst war movie he's ever seen?

>GQ: So let's get into it: what did you think of the movie?

>Michael Korda: I was very, very impressed by the film, I have to say. I suppose it would be possible, if I really put my mind to it, to nitpick about certain things. But they really would be such small things. I did not find that there were many things that were wrong. At no point did I say, "Well, that just looks totally wrong and doesn't correspond to anything that happened."
gq.com/story/dunkirk-according-to-a-dunkirk-historian

He banged his head like boat lad

pollution