How one awesome mixtape done by your mother would sound like?

How one awesome mixtape done by your mother would sound like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F7lfNXddV6A
youtu.be/tOifaUXPk4g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bad

Really, really, really bad.
My dad's, on the other hand, would be kinda cool

Lots of British Invasion.
Maybe a French pop song or two.

Honestly? Pretty much like that one. Maybe replace something with Allman Brothers since that's her favorite.

I was rather forgiving with the changes they made in the GOTG movie because the soundtrack was so damn inspired.

Mom mixed me some mixtapes of Weird Al, and a Power Rangers mixtape, too. She's cool. Total Batman fan, too.

It would sound like Prince, Adam Ant, Bon Jovi, Billy Idol and Cyndi Lauper

pretty good actually, I share most of my music tastes with them. been meaning to ask her if i can borrow her ipod to copy the songs on it.

Boring and very pop. It would presumably include Elton John and Lily Allen.

>Mom
Rolling Stones
Elvis Costello
Beatles
Bob Dylan
Blondie
Devo
70s Genesis
The Kinks
Pink Floyd
Kim Wilde
Steve Winwood
Sugarhill Gang
Tom Petty
Boston
Motown/soul music

>Dad
The Who
Rush
Steely Dan
80s Genesis
The Eagles
Billy Joel
Otis Redding
Bob Seger
ELO
Pete Townshend
Yes
Joe Walsh
Jethro Tull

Only one song my mom showed me that I really liked... and it's Falling in Love With You -Whitney Huston

Pretty good, my dad's the one with the shit music taste

So, your mom meet your dad at a Genesis concert?

Probably a lot of The Beatles, Cat Stevens, and U2

Multiple songs by Aretha Franklin and Patty LaBelle, the rest of the tape would be filled out with the worst most ignorant fucking rap artists you could think of. Shit like Waka Flocka and Soulja boy. And Kanye's Golddigger would be mixed up in that somewhere.

I'm not even kidding. I wish I was.

And if you think for a fucking second that having to listen to that tape would be somewhat unnerving then imagine her having you drive her to appointments and singing as out of tone and loudly as possible the entire time.

The Paul Simon stuff would be ok, but once you get into the air supply and Abba it's just fucking unbearable. Although she might also just do classic piano stuff like she used to play for us as kids so they would be nice

Chris Isaak

Kaye West and Soullja "YOUUUUU" Boy is entry level rap, for sure. But it could be way worse. Real folk music is not for everybody, and only gets worse when you are trapped in a car and everyone wants to sing it together, out of tempo and with wrong lyrics

It would just be Beatles and Rolling Stones music, so alright.

Abba it's not that bad when you remember A-teens. Makes all your thoughts about "musician with no talents" get reconsidered.

youtube.com/watch?v=F7lfNXddV6A

Sufjan Stevens(way too much, the balance would be all fucked), Tori Amos, The Cranberries, Alanis Morrisette, Antony and The Johnsons, Damian Rice, Jeff Buckley, etc.

Nothing but gospel and christian music.

Spot the canadian

I feel like we have an opportunity here for some kind of "Strangers on a Train" type of proposal, here.

>mom
>soft hippie ballads from the 60's and alt-pop from the 80's and 90's
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.

this

I wish I had absolutely any idea.

She wishes.
Literally.
Ad nauseum, and then she talks about how she'd "bang" Trudeau.
It's unfortunate.

late80s/90s divas, so Whitney, Celine Dion, Striesand, if you got lucky she'd put a Micheal Jackson song on it, but it wouldn't be a good one.

and my dad likes country, so.... yeah no wonder i was into Punk and Ska as a teen

I'd guess I'm about the same age as your Mom

I know that my dad's mixtape would start with Hell's Bells

>Tori Amos
Still one of my favorite musicians. Got me through high school with her first 6 albums, a shame her music doesn't have the passion it once did.
Abba is pretty great actually. They managed to innovate in pop, where few manage to do that

more 80s punk/hip hop
(i.e: pretty neat)

If she made it for child me, probably a lot of old jazz and blues, mixed in with some semi-traditional songs from Brittany and some 70s-80s French folk/pop.
My mom actually has a decent musical education.

My dad's tape would probably sound better to adult me, though.

mid-late 30's?

Well, my mom has a thing for Nicolas Cage, watching all his movies just for manservice

So I guess it could be worse

Lots of modern pop country with occasional e.l.o and journey. My dad on the other hand would consist of 80s thrash metal along with Kansas, rush, the eagles etc

A bunch of spanish love songs

mid-40s

Did she have you when she was ten?

>Beatles
>Simon and Garfunkel
>Greek and Macedonian Folk Music

My dad would pretty much have been the same. Maybe more folk on his.

Introduce your mom to gorgoroth

youtu.be/tOifaUXPk4g

A lot of fleetwood mac.

How is this Sup Forums, exactly?

52?
I have more respect for Nicolas Cage than I do for Justin Trudeau

How did you know I was concieved there

Yeah pretty much

>every time you hear Genesis ballads you think about your father boning your mother endless

How unfortunate

>REM
>Bowie
>New Order
>Siouxsie and the Banshees
>The Specials

more like /mtv/ but has Sup Forums bases I guess

>52?

pleb. Gorgoroth is fake devil worship. Behemoth is where it's at

why couldn't I have had parents with good taste in music. My mom had zero taste but at least my dad was into Eagles and Crash Test Dummies (only two tapes our family could agree on). To be fair, he also introduced me to Pink Floyd and Gershwin

The Eagles suck though

It'd probably be similar except with some more modern stuff and lots of Stefani. Jesus, she loves Stefani too much. I can't stand her voice myself.

Gwen Stefani?

Filled with christian music.

>Led Zeppelin
>The Who
>Rolling Stones
>Docken
>Heart
>Beatles
>Tom Petty
>The Doors
>Janis Joplin

Not bad.

Either mom or dad:
>sertanejo and romantic songs

So pretty fucking bad, they're the part of the reason I never liked music until I was 15.

It would be filled with New Wave shit.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

>not loving old school real sertanejo

Pleb

>You can hear him coming in her womb that night, that night

I like Take it Easy and Desperado but Linda Ronstadt did it better

A lot of R&B. I guess I owe my interest in rap to my mother.

What mixtape would you make for your kid, Sup Forums? Keep in mind they are going to only listen to that for 30 years in space.

I don't think my mom listens to music. My dad's would be a bunch of early 2000s synth pop though.

Mom
Beatles, John Lennon, Yes, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, Duran Duran, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Queen, Blondie, Michael Jackson, Bowie, Marvin Gaye, Juan Gabriel, Ricky Martin, and Chayanne.

Dad
Beatles, almost all the 70's stuff my mom likes plus Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs and a bunch of Mexican banda shit, in particular this one song about a guy who sees a snake and tells people to be careful and how if the snake bites him he's gonna have to kill it, JFC.

You honestly can't say that though. Cause their songs are so diverse they hit all the notes. You may not like some of their stuff but everyone likes one or two of their songs

>Once upon a time ago my cable TV had MTV Latina
>There was a program called 'Lost 10 mas Pedidos"
>Not bad early 2000 music
>Some funny latin bands on the way. Attaque 77, Los Fabulosos Cadiillacs and so on
>They are okay, I guess
>Suddenly one guy hits the toplist
>He was bald, had only one shaved eyebrow and the whole clip was him fapping in front of the camera, Beautiful Agony style, while doing orgasm faces
>Traumatized for life
>Lose interest in anything latin since that day

My mom and dad have a Plex server full of all their movies and music. I guess that's my equivalent of the mix tape. This does tend to be quantity over quality though.

>space
That makes it hard but off the top
Opeth, leonard Cohen, Peer Gynt cause everyone needs that suite, johnny cash, crash test dummies Songbird, holly mcnarland, pantera, black sabbath

And as a battle cry Viseral Remains

My mother actually put one together for me back in 1998 when I got my first personal Walkman. I still remember the songs.

1. Delilah by Tom Jones
2. Jeritan Batinku by P. Ramlee (Local artist, you wouldn't know him)
3. Can't Help Falling In Love With You by Not Elvis.
4. Shake Your Tailfeather by Ray Charles
5. Tutti Frutti by Little Richard
6. Long Tall Sally by Little Richard
7. Hotel California by the Eagles
8. It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones
9. Unbreak my Heart by Toni Braxton

>Mom
Grunch
>Dad
Metal

>Grunch

How did all of you have parents with good taste in music? I had to endure terrible generic country my entire upbringing

It was probably El Chombo.

U2, Tom Petty, Blondie, and Steve Miller Band. I heard some U2 song shopping this morning and it gave me warm fuzzies thinking of her.

When I was 6 my dad gave me a mix CD of shit he pulled off of Napster and I still love it. It had the Buckaroo Banzai theme, Lunch with the King from American Beauty, some Simpsons Volvo commercial, Classical Gas, Ray of Light, Ready to Go, and a few others. That'd be my Awesome Mix. He also gave me Apollo 18 and Running with Scissors. Really helped shape my tastes.

My mom had me young okay?

>gospel
>country
>70s and 80s pop
>soca music
It'd be a jumble but made with love

My family all pretty much has the same music taste, Dad was a big guitar player and the biggest Ozzy fan I've ever met.
I remember mom alwways listening to these :
>1. Jessie's Girl
>2. Let's Groove
>3. Folsom Prison Blues
>4. Changes
>5. Money For Nothing
>6. Bringin' on the Heartbreak
>7. Carry on My wayward Son

A lot of banda and mariachi
I'd still hug her tight because I know she loves me a lot.

I actually remember every single song my mom has sang in the car since I was very young... My dad died this year from cancer. He was a verbally abusive alcoholic. I spent my whole life listening to my parents fight. As a child mom used to take me for a drive then shit got too real. Thats usually when she'd sing these songs. As a teenager I was a piece of shit. Every time I got in a fight with my parents, I'd wish they were dead. Since dad's gone I don't miss the fighting, but the silence is sometimes overwhelming. It makes me wonder what will become of me once mom dies. I dont know how I'll deal with remembering every time I wish she died. But I'll have the songs.

- Loggins and Mesina - Return to Pooh Corner
- The Eagles - Hotel California
- The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil
- The Proclaimers - I would walk 500 miles
- Janis Joplin - Bobby Mcgee
- Simon and Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence
- Men at Work - Down Under
- Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
-Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?
- Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
- Tom Petty - You Dont Know How it Feels
- Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
- Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi

I'm sure there are more but this post is huge.

bad

she has cancerous taste

Lots and lots of merengue.

Get the fuck out of my taxi.

Waaaay too much Reo Speedwagon and Fleetwood Mac. Plenty of CCR, though.

Not really, was guy trying to be artsy and shit

I mean, Bjork did a video where the images are nothing but distorted filters on her having sex and piercing herself, but at least the music is gorgeous

>David Bowie - Heroes
>David Bowie - Modern Love
>David Bowie - Warszawa
>Spandau Ballet - Gold
>Kraftwerk - Die Roboter
>Foreigner - I Want to Know What Love Is
>Queen - I Want to Break Free
>Pink Floyd - See Emily Play
I miss her

>Latina Mom
It's going to be full of Jose Luises and any kind of variant of singer that makes old women wet.

a shitton of old U2
so ok I guess