There are people on this board who think Sith was a prequel concept

>there are people on this board who think Sith was a prequel concept

youtu.be/ja4WudpzBYw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iKWDZaxUoMg
tolkien.cro.net/tolkien/changes.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

man david prowess sounds like a faggot

Kek at the people laughing at Vader. Fuck that actor must've wanted to kill himself hearing James Earl Jones do his lines

What did Prowse do to get the treatment he got? They didn't even let him be the face of Vader. Did Lucas keep him around for shits and giggles?

Seen this before. Good shit.
They definitely trimmed off the fat and kept the best lines in.

He was cast because of his stature.. same reason Kubrick cast him in two movies and the same reason he was the Green Cross Code Man. BIG GUY.

But why not at least let the man be the face of the character he played? It's not like Sebastian Shaw was particularly remarkable In any regard.

Because he couldn't fucking act.

Why does the term "Sith" provoke you to passive aggressiveness?

Anybody could have done unmasked Vader. He had like two lines.

Wrong. And this is coming from a guy who likes Hayden in the ending shots.
Shaw did great during Vader's unmasking.

Why do you like hayden in the ending shots? Makes no sense

First off, it does make sense from a certain point of view. I usually tell PT haters they are idiots and leave it there, but in this case, both sides have valid points.

As for why I like it, it's because I think he goes through a range of emotions in the shots that reflect who he was in the prequels, unlike Shaw who just smiled (which was fine for the three movies at the time.)
Hayden looks somewhat sheepish, as if humbled by his son seeing him, after only knowing him as the monster. And he looks at Luke with what PT haters call a rape stare or whatever, but I see it as him trying to burn in this sight, of his son happy. Anakin in the PT if I burdened and grim guy, and Hayden's performance in the end of RotJ really works with that I think.

Here's a clip of the type of thinking that led me to liking Hayden in RotJ. You will disagree, like the people in the comments did.
youtube.com/watch?v=iKWDZaxUoMg

also
>inb4 the age old "I can see what Hayden/Lucas was trying to do but he did it poorly" thing when talking about post-1980 Lucas decisions
The implication in my post was that I liked not only the concept, but the execution.

I simply hate it because it means when vader died on the ship He wasnt redeemed. Anakin turned to the dak as a youth, and went light again to save his son. He died as an old man on the light side. The same as yoda and obiwan. Instead weve got young anakin, the same cunt that fell. Now ill go watch your video.

wow, that was all one long take?

well done.

Like I said, I see where you're coming from, but to me, he becomes the person he hasn't been since the Clone Wars when he saves Luke.

Is this including the CW show or AotC movie?

>Is this including the CW show or AotC movie?
Can you rephrase that? Not trying to be rude, but I'm not sure what you're asking.

If you're asking what time period I mean by "the clone wars", I mean up until he chops Mace's hand off.

Meant is this taking into account the tv show Clone Wars, or is it solely focusing on the movies?

Mostly the movies, as I liked the change before I came around the the show (used to dislike it), but the show is good too.
It really helps flesh out the galaxy of the era, and builds on character relationships and things like that.

>there are people on this board who think Sith was a prequel concept
For real?

>And this is coming from a guy who likes Hayden in the ending shots.
What a pleb.

A minor glitch in continuity is no excuse for tampering with what is considered by many, art. Unless you would seriously support an artist going into a museum and doodling on his paintings because "they're his" or some nonsense.

Not going through this again. I already explained why I like it.
There are people who think of the PT the way you think of only the OT. And there are people who think of RotJ the way you think of the PT.
You're going to find that the truth depends greatly upon your point of view.

Also friendly reminder that the Gollum chapter in the Hobbit was rewritten by Tolkien after he started LotR, and the version you know is literally the Hobbit Special Edition.

>Also friendly reminder that the Gollum chapter in the Hobbit was rewritten by Tolkien after he started LotR, and the version you know is literally the Hobbit Special Edition.
Got a cite for that? Because there's no particular reason for rewriting it afaik. Riddles in the Dark has nothing to do with the Ring itself.

>Got a cite for that?
No. Google is hard work, I know- but I believe in you.

Sith has always been a word in canon, it's why the expanded universe used the word so much even before the prequels.

Don't be such a basic bitch next time.

tolkien.cro.net/tolkien/changes.html

Wasn’t Dark Jedi used in the Thrawn trilogy?

>it's because I think he goes through a range of emotions in the shots that reflect who he was in the prequels
"range of emotions" is the last phrase I'd use to describe hayden christensen's performance in anything star wars. the first time prequel anakin's character arc wasn't absolute nonsense was tartakovsky's clone wars.

SO DID YOU UNTIL YOU SAW THIS CLIP DONT DENY IT

It seems we disagree. How shall we resolve this?

Not him but this also exists

>Dark Lord
Jesus Christ

Well his name is Dark Vader