Mega Man toon to air on Cartoon Network in 2018

Over/under on this airing before 7AM?

dentsu.co.jp/news/release/2017/0403-009211.html
imissbionix.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/odds-ends-beyblade-burst-evolution-coming-later-this-year-dhxs-mega-mans-new-look/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MeFSJs-kx7w?t=7s
dailymotion.com/video/xl53ip_ryuusei-tribe-opening_shortfilms
youtu.be/oiahr2ZjiyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

miss me yet everyone?

>Cartoon Network
>The TTG Network
>The Same Network that mistreated Sonic Boom, as well as other shows that weren't TTG

I can't believe this show is already fucking dead.

Eh, it's not like this show was going to be any good anyway.

We just need a mario cartoon to complete the pact.

he looks like a character youde see in a sneakers commercial for kids

what happened to the mighty no. 9 anime

I want to say this design is too much blue, but the original Mega Man is all blue, too, so I'm not sure why I get that vibe from this design when the original one doesn't bother me.

The backdrop the put him in gives no contrast.

Possibly the neon highlights?

>Cartoon Network
Dead on arrival

Seriously, why? Disney XD and even Nickelodeon would be better choices at this point?

Then again this is Capcom we're talking about, they probably knew it was death and did it anyway because who gives a fuck about Megaman these days.

>Disney XD and even Nickelodeon would be better choices at this point?

Not really. Even the top rated XD shows struggle to pull half of wat CN does at 6:30AM on a Saturday. Nickelodeon would just dump it to Nicktoons after a week and watch it pull 90k/episode like Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V.

I know its beating a dead horse, but this thing is an abomination. It's NOT Megaman Classic aka Rock the assistant robot of Dr. Light. Hell there is no Dr. Light in this. Why is it called Megaman? It really makes Sonic Boom look good and please don't pretend Sonic Boom is good, a few episodes about "Let's insult the history of Sonic and the autist fanbase" doesn't make the show worthwhile.

Anyway, this "Megaman" cartoon is just...ugh. No thanks Man of Action. Also isn't Man of Action also doing that Big Hero 6 TV cartoon? That sounds like another disaster.

Both of which are still better fates than what CN is doing, either exiling it to 7:00 am or Boomerang

You wanna know the most tragically ironic thing about this? You HAVE to support this if you want a new Megaman game, why? Because that's the only way Capcom will understand there's an audience for it.

Sure you can complain how that's stupid and bullshit, but in the end it doesn't matter because that will be what Capcom sees.

If they dump it on Boomerang, sure, but even 7AM on a Thursday on CN is better than airing it on any of the smaller kids nets.

>Megaman

God, I remember that show they used to play with the chips things. I can't remember what it was called.

It really isn't. Just ask RiD

The era of Network Television? That is on its last legs. Obviously the internet and streaming services like Netflix are going to become the main replacement in the coming decades. And CN knows this, they know their days are numbered. Hence they don't care about proper scheduling and the like.

The average episode of RiD pulls in like 600-700k on CN. The highest rated XD shows do

After how badly Archie's Megaman run flopped, my hope for this is slim.

The show was NT Warrior, the games were Mega Man Battle Network.

I don't hate the design but it looks like this might be aimed at 5 to 10 year olds, kinda young for the level of difficulty Megaman games usually have. Seems like an odd choice if they're looking to push game sales with the show.

Too many shades of blue. Original Megaman is 2 shades, blue and cyan. This one is at least 6 different shades.

And what does it have to show for it? Fucking nothing, no arings no promotion, season 3 doesn't even have a proper release date.

There's a reason third parties are wary of CN these days

If Hasbro wanted the show to air on networks no one watches, they'd air it on the one they own 40% of. Instead, they see value in CN, even if they treat the show like complete garbage.

>mah streaming
Bullshit. I have Netflix and Hulu and I rarely use that much anymore.

If they bend over backwards and let themselves be fucked by other means of entertainment services it's a self fulfilling prophecy

Discovery Family is a dead network user, MLP is only there because of contracts. No one least of all Hasbro see any value in it anymore

Which is the point I'm making. Disney XD and (especially) Nicktoons (which is 100% where the majority of this show's episodes would run if it aired on Nick) aren't too far off from that tier of irrelevance.

I thought this was gonna air on Disney XD, what happened?

>You wanna know the most tragically ironic thing about this? You HAVE to support this if you want a new Megaman game, why? Because that's the only way Capcom will understand there's an audience for it.

Seriously, what the fuck is that idea of thinking they have!? What's the deal with that?, Are they Autistarded!?.

But they are though, Nicktoons isn't the best I'll admit but it puts more effort than what CN does.

To say nothing about Disney and Disney XD, which have the most effort put into any of the three channels these days.

Look at Pokemon, which now airs daily. Yes, it's not getting the same numbers it would've on CN, but has twice the amount of exposure.

The site reporting that got the animation studio DHX confused with Disney XD. They updated their post to remove any mention of XD.

>an action cartoon on CN in 2016+
Holy shit

If it's so irrelevant how is it that Disney XD keeps getting more cartoons and those cartoons get more seasons

this is likely deliberate
"there's not enough consumer demand!" is one of capcom's favorite excuses, and they've been using sales figures for shovelware like that darkstalkers collection as justification after people called them out for legends 3

Disney has money to burn and an interest in having something to compete with Cartoon Network. The main channel is already doing the same with Nick.

Even if their original shows don't do well enough on XD in the US, they have extensive international distribution where some of the XD shows run on the main channels.

What I want to know is, who the hell is this for? Kids don't know Mega Man, and old fucks like us aren't going to watch this piece of trash.

The Mighty no.9 game happened to it.

>Cartoon Network
>Nu Cartoon Network
>the Teen Titans Go & Gumball Channel
RIP

I mean, the show looked like shit. But it didn't deserve this. It never stood a chance.

they gonna put that shit in competition with sonic boom? Damn.

In the show, Mega Man is an ordinary human kid that turns into a superhero (like Ben10). Also he has an anoying unfunny sidekick.

Sonic was never good. Mega Man was never bad. It's going to fucking destroy Sonic.

Someone actually bought this piece of shit?

>Sonic was never good

Nice meme

>Aimed at kids 6 to 11, as well as their parents who grew up loving the video games, the new Mega Man animated series will feature exciting new technologies and robots, as well as the introduction of Mega Man’s alter-ego, Aki Light. Aki is a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot who has nano-core technology that allows him to transform into the mega powered super hero Mega Man! With his Mega Buster arm cannon and iconic helmet, Mega Man battles the wickedest villains Silicon City has to offer. Beloved characters, such as Mega Man’s robotic dog, Rush, will return – while new characters, like Mega Mini™ and Suna Light, will make their debut!

>The Mega Man franchise is grounded in a series of video games, first launched in 1987 by Capcom, featuring battles fought by the eponymous blue robot protagonist and an ongoing cast of allies and enemies. The Mega Man multiverse has spawned over 130 video games on multiple gaming systems, selling over 31 million copies worldwide, as well as a plethora of toys, comics and collectibles. A highly rated Mega Man TV series was popular in the USA in the mid-1990s and aired on ABC Family. The new animated Mega Man series focuses on a normal, upbeat schoolboy robot, who discovers that deep within his programming lies secret protocols that can transform him into the powerful Mega Man. And, as the world’s first robotic super-hero, Mega Man must face the threats of Silicon City, while trying to preserve his secret identity and maintain a regular robot boy life.

>Suna Light

Motherfuck. This is Roll, isn't it?

It's gonna be Mega Man's Mama.

Fuck.

At least it'll die after one season when CN dumps it in the Saturday graveyard slot.

...Mega MILF?

You didn't complain the last time Megaman had a mom.

What makes you think it's his mom? And the only good MegaMILF is in Star Force.

>good
>Star Force

Even OP is more Megaman than that shit.

No one fucking cared for Starforce.

IT'S MEGA TIME

MEGA MIZE ME DADDY

Rush is stupid and ruined Mega Man. I remember getting MM3 and thinking the franchise was going downhill.

> highly rated Mega Man TV series was popular in the USA in the mid-1990s and aired on ABC Family

I really really hope that is the only similarity this show will have with that

>Rush is stupid and ruined Mega Man.

Fuck you.

>ruined Mega Man
>in 1990

That's a really weird picture of X.

Quick Sup Forums! What is the best Mega Man game, and why is it Mega Man X?

SONIC BOOM CROSSOVER WHEN

Mega Man 2 is the Greatest

>Airing on CN.
At least this piece of shit will die and be forgotten faster

X4, even with the voice acting

Super fighting robot!
youtu.be/MeFSJs-kx7w?t=7s

>Cartoon Network

Oh boy, getting for it to get sideline for not being Teen Titans Go.

How is X4 better than original X? I never got this.

How do you know it's shit?

Not my favorite, but my most played is X6.

dailymotion.com/video/xl53ip_ryuusei-tribe-opening_shortfilms

Suna Light is definitely Roll, you idiots.

It isn't, but it has better presentation and some kickass Reploid designs.

Plus, playable Zero.

>NEW CHARACTERS

Roll isn't new

>WORST MEGA MAN

>Mega Man is the uperhero alter ego of a school boy
Dropped.

They could've made an adventure show like Legends, but they didn't.

I understand why, but still.

Except with Street Fighter, where their attitude is 'every day until you like it, then twice dailly after that.'

Better than Megaman being the tamogachi of a grade school boy.

Legends would make such a good show. The games control like shit but everything else is so charming.

>Schoolboy Megaman
>Midget robot sidekick
>Man of Action

>Legends 3 and Universe cancelled
>Free Smash Bros. advertising never capitalized on
>Comic canceled
>Mighty No. 9 a disappointment
>Now this
After awhile, you just grow numb to the pain.

I just hope he appears in the next Smash

user, if the franchise were owned by any other company it would unquestionably dead. Capcom has an almost psychotic fixation on never letting an IP fade away.

The wounds from Legends 3 may never heal, but remember that this is the company that published a character encyclopedia featuring excerpts from Warzard and Haunting Ground only a few years ago.

Hell, go into any Barnes & Noble and check out all the MM merch.

You think you know pain?

Other M was enough of a disaster to kill a lesser franchise, but at least Samus is Nintendo's official sex symbol and Retro wants to make a new game.

It's not like Bethesda or EA have the rights.

You Metroidfags don't know what pain looks like.

>and Retro wants to make a new game.
Bullshit. You know they're probably working on another fucking Donkey Kong Country game that nobody wants.

....at 5:30AM right next to Sonic Boom

Meanwhile 4 hours of Teen Titans Go!

Because in the Battle Network, Megaman used to be a human named Hub, who was the twin brother of other main character Lan. Hub died because of a disease (while he was a baby no less) and their dad somehow copied his son's DNA and turned it into data to create Megaman, that's why he much more special then the other NetNavis in that series.

O-oh... I'm so sorry, tell me, where did they hurt you?

>spent weeks on PE1, probably my favourite RPG of all time
>PE2 is a pretty good sequel
>waited for years for PE3
>they give me this
And I also like both Metroid and Mega Man.

I don't know why I even bother.

Please no

>2018
>We're saving our stuff for 2017, because it's the 30th anniversary and that's when the new cartoon premiers!

Sorry, I've reached levels of Schadenfreude that can only make me laugh at this point

youtu.be/oiahr2ZjiyY

christ what the hell

Ah christ. We magical girl now. In a bad way.

Awful. Just awful.

They had their own cartoon show too, actually.

> who the hell is this for? Kids don't know Mega Man
That's the point of making a fucking cartoon. How do people still not get that cartoons are fucking bloated commercials?

If its gonna be a bloated commercial, can it at least be like the games and not make meme characters?

>Mega Man 2 is the Greatest
It's the easiest of the NES games, even when playing it on the original difficulty setting, which is why plebs act like it's the best. It's not though, It's imbalanced as fuck, has lots of questionable level design, an arsenal of mostly useless weapons, one weapon that is so broken that its OP as fuck, and a ton of other flawed design choices to it. Sick music though.

I'd feel like a hypocrite if I hated this because Star Force is one of my favorites, but what will kill it is the writers most likely making relatable school stories like Aki has to go to the Prom or he gets acne or something.