So if the internet is any indication, "hardcore Star Wars fans" are primed and ready to hate The Last Jedi...

So if the internet is any indication, "hardcore Star Wars fans" are primed and ready to hate The Last Jedi. Are they canaries in the coal mine, or will the normalfags eat up anything Star Wars, without fail? Can Disney really get away with making Star Wars forever?

>will the normalfags eat up anything Star Wars, without fail?
This' already proven on multiple occasions. The prequels, RO, 7, Rebels. You can't lose with SW unless you intentionally sabotage it.

Is Rebels that bad? I wanted to watch it but I can't find it on.

I can't hear you under this pile of porgs ^_^

>So if the internet is any indication, "hardcore Star Wars fans" are primed and ready to hate The Last Jedi.

Lol source?

No one but this permanently offended hugbox hates these movies

Yeah, Just saw a webm in another thread showing sith using lightsabers as helicopter blades and flying around a room during a fight.

Most of my friends have never seen the original movies yet loved Ep7 and Rogue One, and are hyped to see Ep8 on day one

It’s the same thing with Marvel movies, they’re so ubiquitous that people watch them to be “in”, not to enjoy them

At one time I would have been sure you were bullshitting. Now I'm just as sure you're telling the truth.

I only hate RO out of the movies. TFA's fine when you keep the mindset it's not a star wars film. But if you do, atleast you know it isn't RO tier bad.

The only film I see being a box office failure is Solo.

Here you go

I don't even know what to say anymore. And was that Darth Maul?

Yeah. He survived getting cut in half ad the fall. Went nuts and built himself robo legs, then spider robo legs. Eventually kills his brother, Savage Oppress.

Yeah I thought he had already been killed two or three times already.

Let me give you a hint. What do you think normal people would rather do: argue on a taiwanese bamboo carving forum, or have fun watching the new star wars with friends and family?

Personally excited to see what Rian Johnson does. Think people are gonna be surprised at some of the risks in the finished product. Predict it will be divisive but for good envelope-pushing reasons. TFA was very familiar. Time to expand what Star Wars is.

It's impossible to have an honest discussion about anything on the internet since 99.999% of people just want to pick a side.

>have fun
Just turn your brain off and enjoy just another rip off with just less and less white men, white man

Rogue one was a lot better than TFA, not even close

>Eventually kills his brother, Savage Oppress.
That's Darth Icky tier. I refuse to believe that wasn't a Lucas suggestion.

It’s the same in real life. No one wants to be “wrong”

Who the fuck really cares user?

>I saw a webm so I know the entire plot of a show is bad

You're retarded. I liked rebels and tcw, I thought rogue one was interesting in so far as we saw a lot of the universe. I hated TFA and this also looks shite

Ok but it's pure undiluted cancer on this board. There are hourly NO HYPE FOR SW CONFIRMED FLOP threads and when this makes a billion dollars and shatters every record there will be hourly IT'S ALL JEW PROPAGANDA'S FAULT thread

If you organize the characters by this poll into Nu wars, Prequels, OT, and characters in both OT and PT, and take the average, characters in both OT and PT average in the 50% range. OT is high 40s, then there is a big drop and Prequel characters beat out Nu wars.

I think the vast majority gave ep 7 a fair look and a good chunk of people came away pissed by the lack of imagination, and others irritated by the Actors and Disney overtly making the series political.

Ep8 its looking like they are also going to be taking the story in a direction that shits all over the Original Trilogy. For example, Luke is no longer the hero who would fight any evil. He gave up and is hiding from a fringe group. Vader would die with out his suit or a room to contain him. Kylo has one because he is a copy. I think a lot of people either are done or are willing to give this starwars one more chance with ep 8.After which I think 9 may well under preform

I dont see the pubic being as excited especially the asian market.

If you're going to add helicopter lightsabers, it's a clear indication the plots bad.