Kino Stranding

Where were you when Hideo Kojima unequivocally BTFO all of Hollywood with a mere trailer for his next masterpiece?
youtube.com/watch?v=PuUQCpCpsk4

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=kojima Stranding &src=typd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where's the gameplay?

The what?

>Kojima
>gameplay
Pick one

MGS3 and MGSV are 10/10 mechanically. MGSV has story problems but just the gameplay is outstanding. There's no reason to use the medium if player interaction isn't a key element.

I want less dream/fetus shit and more spoop alien shit

The mechanics are "outstanding". The gameplay itself is shit.

I read rumors Gosling is gonna be in this?

I imagine the actual game is going to have more actual monster designs because of Ito and del Toro. Thematically it's Ito all over.

Can you think before you post next time?

Normal Reedus and the Fantastic Fetus confirmed for best movie of 2018

Does this mean we can just post news clips on Sup Forums now too?

Still hasn't happened yet so IDK.

Kojima is an overrated hack.

Mgsv is so overrated from gameplay, lots of people say it's so good mechanically but it's really not. If you've raided 2 camps, you've pretty much done it all

>the generic, repetitive maps and missions are outstanding
>the musical score is outstanding
>the graphics are outstanding
>the cast is outstanding
>hurr everything except the story is outstading
Can you go join your gaffer brethren and kys cuck.

Ito's working on this? I know he was involved in Silent Hills, didn't know he was on for this one

>your mind on degenerate video games

Fuck off

>doesn't realize that's already been happening

Pretty much. I like shooting guys with 80s music in the background, but it gets repetitive after a while

what garbage netflix 2010s inspired by 80s horror trash film is this from??

If he's not Kojima is very obviously heavily inspired by him, especially his apocalyptic stories (Hellstar, Gyo, Uzumaki, The Hanging Balloons) and common themes found in his other stories like My Dear Ancestors and Long Dream.

>kojima is a writer
Why does MGs stories suck so much when it was he alone as producer?

Kojima always tries to implement like 60 different ideas into his stories and it gets really convoluted, he's a very easily impressioned person. He's a bit like Tarantino in that way.

>his next masterpiece?
you mean another game where you sneak around and shoot dumb ai in between senseless cutscenes?

Stranger Things

Well a gook tarantino isn't a bad thing. Would really rather he ditched the vg medium and started shooting some films. He'd be a downright breath of fresh air in western media imho.

He probably should just make movies since he seems to have always wanted to do that.

Watch more films, kid

>DID U RIKE IT GUYJEEN?
>YU HAVE BEEN LE RUSED AGAIN
>NOT JUST KINO, BUT LUDO

damn... we truly live in the age of kino. I know I'm going to pre-order my 3 copies. Anyone else? Make sure to tip your local gamestop employee. I know my favorite Let's Players will be playing alongside me, I'll make sure to watch to see their epic reactions.

Kojima is a westaboo, he wouldn't call someone a guy jean.

Name me some good ones I'd enjoy watching.

I'm developing an unhealthy obsession with this man

>If you've raided 2 camps, you've pretty much done it all
Breath of the Wild just won game of the year from gayly. Just leaving that fact there.

MGS2,4,Peace Walker, and V all had major narrative problems. V was rushed out had a terrible story, repetitive open world I never finished it.

You technically can never finish it. The story and some plot points are left incomplete and once you've done the final story mission you're dumped back into the world to continue.

Yeah but can you explain to me what the fuck was happening in that trailer?

goose and kojima when?

>its another Kojima production

do you think that reedus secretly hates him and will dump him once the money runs out?

Playstation Experience

Always videogame playing, capeshit watching, low iq spics
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=kojima Stranding &src=typd

I can't decide if this is VideoKino or HideoKino but I'm pretty sure it will be the first videogame to snag an oscar win.

Is it Lovecraftian?

You're killing me with these uninformative trailers, Koji. You're my guy, but come on...

What a fucking hack. This looks like it'll be even worse than the mess that was Phantom Pain.

Visually arresting but with almost no depth or consistent internal logic. He needs to work with proper writers, not just yes-men.

how could anyone hate kojima?
he's such a nice and interesting guy

What a piece of junk. You weebs are hopeless. So pretentious.

Undoubtedly

mostly kafkaesque

jesus, get a room, guys.

MGR has the best gameplay among mettaru gearu games.

Easily. They value him as they value his work. They're connected. When his work sucks, he sucks. There's no middle ground with some people

Why is this still up?

Plebs hate what they don't understand.

Underrated.

will this be on Xbox?

Baby in the nose was the best laugh I've had in months. Thanks OP.

This game won't be out for another two years minimum, they're still probably trying to figure out what the game will actually play like

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
> Earth shattering fart noise
BAAAM
> Cthulhu rises from ocean as water cascades from his massive bulk
BLACK SCREEN AND SILENCE
> Norman Reedus narrates "What if Cthulhu wasnt just a story?"
> random black guy "AWW HELL NAW"
> Sounds of screaming
Synth plays while Reedus rambles
> "We are all lost and and await death. This truly is 'Death Stranding ©'"

Because they can't stand his massive ego?

Fuck no. You know how valuable being able to travel off to Japan at a moment's notice for indefinite amounts of time because you're working with a visionary genius is to pussy hounds and playas?

He can literally pump and dump any woman, no matter her status, with an instant clean gtfo card guaranteed on the other side.

I understood everything Kojima had done until he let me down with MGSV. I remembered getting hyped up by the early trailers, reading through vast speculation threads on what all the shit in the hospital would mean.

Then it was just "LOL BEFORE NANOMACHINES IT WAS PARASITES THAT EAT LANGUAGE, ALSO THIS BADASS NEW ANTAGONIST WAS THE *REAL* REASON YOU MADE IT THROUGH MGS3, SORRY TO INVALIDATE THE EFFORTS OF THE PLAYER LOL"

Trailer looks cool but don't expect any of it to ACTUALLY make sense or have meaning beyond "looking cool."

This almost looks like it might be as good as Bioshock Infinite.

I haven't heard anyone say that.
Talk of his ego seems to be entirely made up shit from internet forums by people who have too much time on their hands.

Yikes. Don't tell me you really think Kojima deserves to have the title "director" like he so adamantly believes he does.
A movie directed by him would be shlock. That's not even factoring in his shitty writing.
Watch some actual movies, you must watch shit if you think he's a "genius" let alone would be "fresh" in the film industry.
Total unoriginal hack.

Right because the way he slaps his name all over literally everything including games he didn't even make isn't someone having an ego trip! Right right right! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... RIGHT! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT! R....ight? Right!

>Don't tell me you really think Kojima deserves to have the title "director" like he so adamantly believes he does.
>A movie directed by him would be shlock. That's not even factoring in his shitty writing.
>Watch some actual movies, you must watch shit if you think he's a "genius" let alone would be "fresh" in the film industry.
>Total unoriginal hack.
Not at all. I'm just tired of the same shit he pulls over and over in games. His attempt at a movie would be fun simply because it would be something different. That's what I meant by fresh. It could be shit or it could be gold. Plus it would wake some people up to whether he's a hack or just a genius in the wrong medium. I lean towards the former.

>still doesn't have even a single quote from a single person out of the hundreds who have worked with him say anything even remotely negative about him
>his brain actually broke down while typing the second half of the post

I don't need a quote you idiot my reasons are reasonable enough got it?! YOU GOT IT NERD?!

While we're at it, Norman Reedus is a bad actor and Junji Ito couldn't write an ending to save his life.

Del Toro's alright.

>writing his name on his work makes him an egomaniac
>every time kojima is actually presenting something he comes off as just a genuine, passionate guy
I think your brain is still broken

ito is a meme artist with more misses than hits

i'd probably actually get a massive stiffy if that was true

Not just Gosling.

Why is Sup Forums given free reign over Sup Forums?

We share a letter.

What's the story?

Didn't you watch the trailer user? It's all there.

>MGS2,4,Peace Walker, and V all had major narrative problems

2 actually works really well blending Narrative, Cutscene and Gameplay to complement each element. the new protaganist was shit on when it came out but playing it later it makes sense entirely (and Venom will make sense 10 year from now when people replay V). you need to be a rookie for the narrative to work, so all the backstory from 1 is essentially deleted from the player so all you have is what the game directly tells you in 2 just like Raiden. the game then plays with this by having it feed you false information and then revealing your actually just a henchman for the badguy. maybe an ebin tweest like that isn't as impressive to an audiance today but in the context it came out in where games were just ratchet and clank style platformers it elevated the medium.

4 was a movie, pacing begins to ere during the european arc but for the most part it gradually builds up tension to its climax quite well with pitfalls for the protaganists near the end in the form of liquid slaughtering the US military on the river and then later nearly killing Raiden at Shadowmoses. its not a particularly Topsy turvey tale like 2 and it basically serves as a criticism of Keynsian economics and the military industrial complex backed by AI that uses biometrics and datamining to its advantage (a scenario which is becoming a reality as we speak) while bringing a close to the entire franchise and closing two parralel story arcs in both the prequal era and the postmodern cyberpunk era, which i think it achieves and executes well enough

MGSV is repetive as hell, not worth playing. MGS3 is a good game yes

I am so fucking confused right now and Norman is acting like an absolute sperg at the end of that.

Hannibal resurrects an army of WW2 skeletons to battle the invisible man and rescue Daryl "Big Boss" Dixon from the ruins of Sealab 2021.

Blame Kojima's direction, he did the same with Kiefer Sutherland. I almost suspect it's to save money on voice acting.

>ALSO THIS BADASS NEW ANTAGONIST WAS THE *REAL* REASON YOU MADE IT THROUGH MGS3

thats not what happend, XOF just functioned in the opsec role, they didn't actively help you infield and arguably they didn't even do anything in Snake Eater because Nikita Kruschev ends up Fire bombing Tslenoyarsk anyway killing most of the loose ends. EVA is the one behind the scenes doing all the setting up for Snake.

not so much about him in the actual 'game'
but at the end of the game award presentation.
so fucking awkward.

Kiefer actually voices way more lines, they just got cut

I JUST WANNA MAKE SILENT HILL GREAT AGAIN

That's just him. He's the same at Walking Dead events. He's just a weird dude. If he didn't score big with modeling contracts he'd probably be methed out in some trailer park plotting low-yield robberies.

Doesn't change the fact that Skull Face was built up to be some big ultimate match for BB only to have a weak backstory about as fleshed out as a tertiary antagonist in any other MGS game, without even having an actual boss fight.

Doesn't surprise me

It's hard to believe anyone can be more pretentious than Zach Snyder. But Kojima is.

He's ugly as shit. How did he ever become a model?

why the fuck doesn't kojima just go into film instead of games?

>still up
based zerosugar making sure his comrades feel welcome!!!

he's not good enough to make it

plus why bother trying when you can make vanity project games with all your favorite western actors

No

>MGSV
>10/10 mechanically

"No!"

People in the 90s liked looking at weird-faced, rangey-looking skinny folk wear expensive clothing.