Hellboy

Even though the first one is just fine, I hope this one is even better, more serious. The image is a nice teaser. I love how it invokes Mignola's art. I hope you guys aren't too jaded by capeshit to care about this, Hellboy is not just capeshit, it's occult and lovecraftian and macabre.

Someone is going to shit the thread because you said "lovecraftian".

I'd love if this movie came out when I was rich so I could rat around and try to snag me the Samaritan prop.

Why would I want a serious version of something which features a drawing of a demon and is called "Hellboy"? It's garbage, it can be worthwhile as camp, but it has to know its place.

I'm excited but at the same time I really don't like new hellboy's face and big arm. Nowhere near as good as perlman's hellboy

The villains are Nazis. Couldn’t be more generic capeshit than that.

not too serious. But kind of like The Dark Knight.

The Dark Knight was vomit, though, the only entertaining thing about it is that Heath Ledger was such a retard he thought you could method-act a comic book villain.

No, they're occultists. They just happened to be around when the Nazis were in power.

d-do you guys think 11 will have lewd thoughts with this

Well I loved TDK.

That's nice for you.

>hope you guys aren't too jaded by capeshit
Please son, everyone claims they are but every fucking time a new one comes out everyone here has seen it and calls it shit.
That said, I do like how he looks. I liked Ron and Tambor in the old ones but everyone else was a bit forgettable.

Loved the 1st one, didn't care for the 2nd. Would go see the new one if i can get a babysitter

Can't wait to see Daimio with the Jaguar scar. Really hope they didn't cut it out.

you need a babysitter to take you? OH SNAP

will it be, dare i say, kafkaesque?

Next one is by Neil Marshall. We might get an action horror Hellboy as opposed to fairy tale Hellboy by Del Toro.

>Get done reading 9 issues of BPRD
>This thread's here

I hope this movie is good. I think David Harbour will be a great Hellboy.

where's Ron Perlman?

>not too serious. But kind of like The Dark Knight.

I'm really looking forward to this.

>David Harbour
Great cast but why not Perlman again?
Too old?

I hope they dont go toooo dark and serious with the movie. Hellboy always had these little dry humor bits with it. see pic related

Well I loved TDKR.

That's nice for you

he hasn't made anything great in like 12 years, but I'd love this movie to be good

>Too old?
Yeah, Perlman is 67. Can't have him perform any action scenes.

t. Retard

Despite negative reviews on his action driven films, i feel he is a better action director than Del Toro. He is going to need a great writer to separate himself from the Del Toro duology.

watching it for my waifu mila

I really don't like the hair