RWBY to be locked behind 1 week First wall

twitter.com/RoosterTeeth/status/847943530068758530

Rooster teeth fucked up again, this applies to RWBY as well as RvB so congrats RT, you just destroyed a huge chunk of your community. Not like it'll be missed :^)

Wasn't that how it always was

Nah, it used to be 1 Day which the community was 100% fine with, it didnt create a huge segregation between the community. The week change basically stops anyone from being able to discuss theories/post fanart/etc.

Obviously on Sup Forums we have M3U8 but redditor's dont know shit about that.

It was FIRST on day 1, then stil only for members for a week, and then public(aka on youtube) after said week, so...still the same.
I haven't seen any announcement regarding changes in this schedule form, if there was they'd announce it, not subtly imply it in a reply to someone(which like i said, doesn't actually imply what you think it did)

are you new?

Man are you fucking retarded. Lets try to barney this up.

Day Of Release : First Memberes
One Day Later: Regular Members
One Week Later: Public

The fact that these fucks were able to build a successful company out of low effort model manipulation and scummy peer pressure, fake friend bullshit targeting adolescents disgusts me.

Are you new to businesses and marketing?

surely you can wait a week for your free cartoons like a fucking adult.

No, just annoyed that they made bank by putting even less effort than normal for their field, used more direct social manipulation than normal, and are honestly a fucking blight in general. Like fuck, at least DiC didn't try to brainwash you into thinking Cree Summers is your friend and encourage a rabid fanbase loyalty unto themselves, you know? They just made crappy but lucrative media.

god forbid you wait a week to watch shitty cartoons

>at least DiC didn't try to brainwash you into thinking Cree Summers is your friend and encourage a rabid fanbase loyalty unto themselves, you know?

This is the basis for just about all toys for girls. Barbie is not your friend, but every advert will drill it into your head that she is and that she needs you to go and buy her clothes. Don't you want the other girls to know how special friends with Barbie you are by having hew newest outfit?

It's far from new.

Of course everyone here can, but shitposter will have a blast. See the samurai jack X rick and morty shitstorm, over 80% of the posts are just shitposters and samefags.

So, when are they going to apply this to their gaming shows? Or do they already do that too?

Holy fuck, this series still exists?!

Yeah, I'm just saying it's more extreme when applied to a real ass group of people who can much more heavily exploit you and especially uncommon with things like voice actors for cartoons.

It's the severity and the comparitive rarity in this medium, basically. Like, it's more contemptible than waifubaiting in anime. The anime girl isn't alive and your real gf and you're always aware of that, but to a lot of kids and teens the friendship with RT members is an attainable goal (even though it's not).

I'm starting to understand what you mean. But at the same time, if it works, then who's going to stop them?And why should they stop?

Japan has idoru worship and voice actors get god treatment. In the west, it's not really a thing so if it can bring recognition into such an overlooked field. I remember seeing some pushes to recognize VA's usually in Disney works and they just sit forgotten, only really relying on Hollywood names at the most. These people are nobodies.

I think t's good to see where it leads. If it collapses in on itself, even better.

>who's going to stop them?
No one, which is the problem.
>And why should they stop?
There's no monetary reason.
There is reason if you care about art and standards (they don't). This crosses the line from encouraging consumption of media to emotional manipulation in relation to other people. It goes beyond the already-not-so-great gossip culture of regular celebrities into a false relationship. It creates a dependency in which analysis of media is suspended in order to try and obtain an illusory friendship. It's bad for us socially and culturally, and I could really go all day.

I can see why you'd want to watch it as an observer, but as a hobby artist and someone who's worked with kids in the past it disgusts me thoroughly. It sets a terrible precedent for a population that already puts too little thought into their media.

There's a number of "Let's Players" that use the same tactics and I hate it. It's pretty much a perversion of the techniques Fred Rogers used to help facilitate learning.

I know where you're coming from. Not to be accused of dumblr, but I experience the same when seeing how females are used. See Killing Us Softly, I think the newest one was 2012? Anyway, scummy practices that just work and wont stop until they fall flat or a group comes together to tell them to knock it off. It sucks, and it's irritating. I know.

>people paying for watch rooster teeeth shit shows

holy fuck you are fucking idiots for paying to them all of those shows are shit even the animu donut steel ripoff.

praise m3u8!

I honestly don't see how anyone can enjoy this autistic thing, I mean when it was just comedy, sure, but when they started with ''plot'' and ''drama'', Tom come on, that's shit

Careful m8, the mods here don't like RWBY very much

Honestly I have no problem. It's just a week, and they have to make money somehow. They are a company. The sole fact that they even put these online (for FREE) afterwards proves that they are much less greedy than other companies.

Makes perfect sense. Rooster Teeth are an independent company, they need funding.

Hopefully they find some way to crack down on piracy as well.

>Making a free account is paying

user I'm sorry you got dropped on your head as a babby

>Careful m8, the mods here don't like RWBY very much
its not Sup Forums related

It's not an anime, if that's what you're insinuating.

This "show" turned up on Canadian Netflix and after 4 episodes I'm convinced anyone who enjoys it bought into the website's cult of personality and has Stockholm syndrome because it is the fucking worst. Not only is it full of stupid video game concepts that don't belong outside of a video game, the characters are one dimensional anime archetypes, the action poorly directed, and the entire concept super stilted. It's like a thirteen year old's home project that gets made before you understand anything about a story or structure and just blindly copy what you see from late night anime blocks.

And there's so many goddamn threads about it.

>can't wait a week for a cartoon

You're a Samurai Jack fan, huh?

>one-dimensional anime archetypes

Lol, the only character I can actually think of who fits that description is Weiss. Most of the other characters are not that way.

That's not to say the show doesn't have problems--Volume 3 was awful, and overall they've done a pretty bad job of worldbuilding, but the show is not absolute trash.

Also, where are these threads you speak of? I haven't seen any until this one. You're lucky to even see any RWBY characters in the waifu threads. I had to go to the infinitychan board for the show just to have any sort of discussion about it.

>but the show is not absolute trash.
yes it is, only people really deep into the dorky cringey hole enjoys shows like this one

Even fucking Steven Universe I can see it having some normie appeal, but this shit? Its like vagina repelent

At this point I'll just refer you to the gif from my previous post and agree to disagree.

>they need funding.
Considering the budget they put into their content vs the revenue they get out of it, I doubt that. They're bigger than quite a few publishers and production companies. If they "need" money, they're mismanaging their budget.

just saying, I would be embarrased to be seen by my dad watching this shit at 27 sinces at first glance looks embarrasing to enjoy as an adult

There's this thing called 'paying your employees', too, you know.

>anyone who enjoys it bought into the website's cult of personality and has Stockholm syndrome
It's a combination of this, low standards, fictional wife/husband worship, and a need for "fandom" to belong to.

IDW, WayForward, titmouse, etc do that just fine despite accruing less revenue and often putting out more costly work in terms of total content and manhours spent on that content per month.

Shit, a lot of RT's revenue is easy ass shit like videos about games. RWBY's overhead is several times lower than most CG shows and it generates a nice profit. There's no good reason for them to "need" more than they're making unless they suck at adjusting their budget.

>Tried this last year
>Major fan backlash
>Undo decision
>Just do it the following year without announcing it

Ayy lmao. And the only response will be a sarcastic response from Burnie on the podcast, or maybe getting his panties twisted when people predict how RT will react.

I hope RT falls the way TGWTG did.

What if I started watching it when I was 17, will my dad forgive me?

>falls the way TGWTG did.
Care to explain?

After years of the same content, people eventually gave up on That Guy With The Glasses. It's now a shell of its former self.

My dad would make fun of me reading literally anything on this board, I dunno why RWBY would be a standout

Also some of us are young, dickwad.

The goal of RT isnt to try and be friends with Cast its to find friends on they're site to meet up at cons with and play video games online.

How exactly do you know all this?

Net worth, approx budgets of products released, etc. Youtube's revenue system vs their views alone should give you an idea of a fraction of the dough RT makes.

Speaking of RT, has anyone here watched Sex Swing?

How the hell did they manage to take the funniest people working for RT and make their show so utterly unfunny?

Its great unintentional satire/campy goodness, but if you take it seriously it falls apart instantly.

Bad writers.

>ah bloo bloo bloo I have to wait a week for my free internet show
wew lad

If waiting a week hurts you SO much, pay the premium. It's not a crime to financially support things you like.

>obviously on Sup Forums we have M3U8 but redditor's dont know shit about that.

And it needs to fucking stay that way. We lost Blip because people ran their fucking mouths to reddit and RT caught wind of it.

what if Sup Forums teams up with /3/, to make a superior web series that btfos rwby

Sup Forums can come too