Whoops!

Whoops!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

clearly the answer is just more diversity

Real reason: events.

I'm fine with female characters. What I don't like is shitty writers and artists, which is most of Marvel right now.

Diversity didn't keep Slott on Spider-Man. Diversity didn't force Marvel into poisoning the X-well. And diversity definitely didn't give Bendis the keys to every franchise.

Plus Garbage Writers/Artists/Editors

Real reason:

Not to say his whole reasoning wasn't bullshit, but it looks even worse in clickbait form.

hmmm...

Not really.

>Marvel is finally waking up to the facts SJWs don't buy comics

Redemption arc soon

It's typical Marvel to blame everyone but themselves. The sad thing is that some normies like will honestly believe it.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Don't you have ponies to fuck?

The real reason is that people don't buy comic books anymore. It's the digital age.

Playboy won't get their sales back by removing nudity or putting nudity in. Marvel won't get their sales back by putting in diversity or removing diversity. It's a dying medium. Stop trying to turn it into a political argument.

Yes: Marvel was also shit before.
Checkmate atheists.

Was this article posted on April 1st? Because it's a safe bet the fools running Marvel aren't giving up their forced diversity shit any time soon.

But the people who pushed diversity are Marvel employees, who fall under the banner of "themselves."

How about the fact that even the non-diverse books are selling like shit because they're horribly written?

And yet DC proves that false. In fact they've been successful being diverse for decades.

Well... not really. Indies have been a *growing* market and DC's sales are definitely doing better than Marvel's.
The manga and eurocomic markets are still pretty strong too.

by your logic, Image would not be able to turn a profit, and they do.

People do buy comics, either in paper or digital forms. But not that many people, and if big2 decides not to compete with the kind of shit people who do spend their money on comics like, they simply stop bothering with them. What is ending is the age of the unflinching fanboy, even people who love superhero shit will find what they live in indie/Image stuff if big denies them.

This. The stories are shit, the new characters are shit, the old characters have lost their personalities and all that ends in an awful event that will change everything!.

Comparing Marvel comics to fucking videogame autist whining is insulting tbqh. There are no AAA games whose characters and plot revolve around sex/gender/race/religion.

Read the actual quotes of the guy. He blames readers for not being ready for their "bold new ideas" or whatever. Like anybody at Marvel has had an idea in the last 10 years that wasn't "how could I make my work easier?".

>all that ends in an awful event that will change everything!.

But actually in the end change nothing.

DC has a much tighter editorial grip on their catalog tho. So even when they get sjw-y, it still feels like a DC comic (most of the times). Some marvel books of the past year read/feel like webcomics, not something a big publishing brand would put out.

1. That's terror.

Forgot pic

You're missing the point. They generally are lacking talent top to bottom but people who have actual power aren't making any changes. It's not really about diversity. They lack creators who can tell any kind of coherent story and instead of revamping their scouting to fix it they're blaming the market as if people don't enjoy books starring female leads or minority characters when they aren't written as middle schoolers with shitty PSAs attached.

So has Marvel really. It's why his argument doesn't make sense: people never had any problem with Marvel being purposedly diverse.
They only have a problem with their shitty business and artistic practices.

Damn #rekt

>There are no AAA games whose characters and plot revolve around sex/gender/race/religion.

Mafia 3

Struck a nerve

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

DC's general mentality toward diversity is much more respectful. They are just people with stories not mascots to collect brownie points.

yeah New Mutants was basically "one kind from every major ethnicity", and that was from the mid 80s

>There are no AAA games whose characters and plot revolve around sex/gender/race/religion.

What is the entire Mass Effect and Dragon Age series.

Reminder that Tale of Tales was a thing.

>he never played the games

It's a revenge story at it's core and takes place in a historical era where those race is actually relevant, but yes I was wrong on this one.

Those games don't revolve around SJW issues, that stuff is on the periphery. And none of these things are on the level of the worst stuff happening in comics.

>Big 2

DC is doing fine though. Still does better then Image in terms of Bookscan numbers.

you never played any of those games if you believe identity politics fueled those games

you just could develop yoru char however you wanted as a means to roleplay

Give me a furiosa style character and I'll buy your books

I'm glad most of you pointed out the real reasons instead of falling for the baiting.

Frankly this is insulting to readers but I'm more concerned with how clickbaity headlines and sound bites will deflect attention away from the real reasons for the wider public.

DaI and mea though are close to it.

>Those games don't revolve around SJW issues

Mass Effect constantly has quests and plot points about race issues and an enormous amount of the cast is vocally homosexual. Ashley was also modeled after a tranny model.

Sunspot is even a 60s character. Sure he started out as a villain but so did lots of Marvel heroes.
And yeah Falcon, BP, Shang Chi, literally every team having a token chick from the start (all with the same personality because Stan Lee can't write women), ...

100% of DC's events dont feel like stupid retarded cashgrabs (only like half of them).

I can't help but feel happy for this.

Every time that Marve does something "diverse", they do it in such a self-congratulatory way that pisses me off.

And sites like The Mary Sue, Comics Alliance and Gizmodo liking Marvel's asshole for every YAAS QUEEN didn't help. I can guarantee, if Marvel had something like "Marvel Comics Bombshells", those sites would write weekly essays praising the comic.

So, glad for the general failure.

>if Marvel had something like "Marvel Comics Bombshells",

A-Force

I don't get it

Is Sup Forums full contrarian now? Now that Marvel is finally going to stop pandering to women and feminists, everyone goes
>REEE THAT WAS NOT THE PROBLEM

who cares how they spin it

No, it fucking doesn't. I have played every game and I can't think of a single mission about human race issues and ONE of the cast in ME3 and ONE of the cast in ME:A is vocally homosexual, both of them are in the back of the ship. If you consider anything that deals with discrimination as a concept SJW there's no helping you. You must hate all science fiction.

Retailers won't fall for it and they're important people here. They know people are just tired of shitty stories with no real purpose to bridge the time between the last shitty event and the next shitty event.

By my logic, Archie would not be able to turn a profit, followed by Image and eventually the Big2. It's just a matter of time.

Barely comparable. And it WAS praised like the second coming of Christ.

Because that's not actually what they're saying at all.

>And sites like The Mary Sue, Comics Alliance and Gizmodo liking Marvel's asshole for every YAAS QUEEN didn't help
I honestly feel like it was more that that started their feeling so virtuous, and when people keep jerking you off you end up believing them.

Kirby literally created Black Panther because he looked around and was like "Why aren't there any black heroes"

i've seen it brought up that Iron Fist was created because Shang Chi was huge

>THEY TALK ABOUT RACE AND GAYS REEEEEEEEEE

Mass Effect was always good doing it.

We care because we want to read good stories. Getting rid of the pandering is like repainting a wall when your house is on fire.

>DA:I
>elves betray men like "racists" humans thought they would
>the muslim horned people try and do another 9/11
>confirmed dwarves arent even real people

dont see the sjwness

Havent played ME:A

To be fair, in that time period one could see why that was a huge center-fold. It was mainly about getting back at people, but yea racism did exist in that time.

We have been too spoiled with this so-called diversity with media content. The moment anything do not support it, people breathe down company's necks until they give us what we went. If they do, then they are stuck in a limbo.

Personally, I don't give a fuck. I like content because it's good, not because it's diverse. Too much of a good thing can become bad.

The article title is misleading. Its not:

>we made a mistake by pandering to SJWs

Its

>Traditional comic fans are bigots for not buying our comics and contributing to diversity.

>stories
>events
>characters
Yes, BECAUSE THEY WROTE THOSE THINGS IN AN EFFORT TO APPEAL TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T READ THEIR COMICS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Too much diversity is a problem. But it's just one problem.

The writing of some of the diversity and other books are not good.

The events being too many, interrupting books, constantly delayed, and quality of said event being poor.

Prices for comics being too much.

Constant relaunches.

Forcing retailers to pay for books they didn't ask.

Bad editors.

>To be fair,

I never read any post that begins with this.

the double entendre was that the book flopped or bombed and is totally comparable. It's all the women marvel wanted to push in one book. WW2 isn't the big selling point i think

>someone pointed out how shit I am, that must mean I'm right!

It's a symptom of a bigger issue. Bad writting is bad writting and marvel has chased it's talent away.

It's bad science fiction. It gets actual scientific facts wrong. The AI basically gives you the plot when it makes no sense. The cast does it before you get the ai to do it for you. So it fails on multiples levels. The horrible token characters that insult gay people are another issue.

I never thought that was the problem.
Sup Forums is not a hivemind yadda yadda, you'll always find people who think that the diversity push was the problem, but people who've known Marvel for a long time saw this shit coming. Hell the muh diversity appeal helped them a bit in sales for a while, but the "talent" has been heavily criticized here for years, just less so in such obvious /polmblr/bait threads because a lot of people don't bother.

Fuck this is what... the 6th time we have this thread? 8th counting those about his backtpedalling? Most of the nonsense has been weeded out at this point.

there are no plot points about racial politics other than those about martial conflicts and the long-term tension they leave behind

even the bad racists guys (cerberus) arent that bad, and the ending in me3 redeems the elusive man because he was right

The writing in Andromeda is so bad even trans think it's shit pandering.

>Greet a character for the first time
>"HEY DID YOU KNOW I'M TRANS!? >"BETTER REMEMBER THAT OKAY?"
>Talk to an Asari
>They go on a diatribe about gender pronouns

It's about as subtle as a brick wall being dropped from an airplane. Like it was written by a bunch of tumblr feminists who have never even seen a real trans person in their entire life.

Thank you, based Trump.

>don't revolve around SJW issues
Literally every character that can be romanced in those games just happens to have a sexual orientation that makes them go for your character, no matter what they look like, or their race or gender.

Good maybe they stop forcing stories centred on idpol and liberal rhetoric.

Nothing wrong with politics in comics, but holy shit they were at least more subtle and not as grounded in reality as is the case in the contemporary sense.

Oh do you think I'm defending the game for its actual merits? Don't get me wrong, it's dogshit; it's just that the SJW shit is being overblown by idiots who don't play the games.

So you've never played one of these games then, great.

Right before the pandering started, we had stories like this.

The problem isn't that they tried to appeal to a broader audience. Companies do that all the time. The problem is that they tried to do it in the laziest ways possible and when people called them out on it they resorted to name calling.

And it's fair, there weren't a lot of black Marvel heroes back then, but the company was basically still new as Marvel, and they quickly had all sorts of diversity around.
Just saying it's not a fucking 2010s thing.

But all of those things were bad at Marvel long before pandering started. It's why guys like Brubaker and JMS jumped ship.

Sunspot's from 1982. Are you thinking of Sunfire?

>EFFORT
Who?

isn't this just a more inflammatory way of saying "we lost sales because we started making products that didn't appeal to people" ?

what self-respecting business would decide to fling shit at its own clients instead of just buckling down, eating a slice of humble pie and trying to fix the problem?

To be fair, the reason the game was written around racism was to pander, because of the delusion that pandering brought in ales from that demographic.

The problem is Bendis

The few years where we had Bendis' damage contained to a few books and away from the major shit during 2013-2015 marvel was actually good again

>Literally every character that can be romanced in those games just happens to have a sexual orientation that makes them go for your character

Haven't played 1 or 2 in years, but if I recall the sexual orientation shit was just on the back burner. No one character preferred a specific gender nor is it elaborated on. You just pick who you want, and begin to build an emotional connection via side-missions and dialog.

Diversity is only bad if your writers are stupid assholes.

Yes. Damnit I always get their names confused.

>2013-2015
>Bendis contained
He destroyed the X-Men during that time.

See now this is insane and has no basis because tons of black people already play videogames. There's no untapped black demographic to go after.

t. black guy.

>because there is more of them

That part's not even true. At least in terms of the feminist. Most women will continue to not whine nor buy nor give a shit either way.

Hey, CAPTCHA's giving me shit tonight, can someone report all these NeoNazi flamewar shitposts for me?
They are obviously intentional off-topic rule violations and I can only stand looking at a picture of a smiling Hitler so many times on a Sup Forums thread.

Slott on Spider-man is the only thing preventing Bendis from getting his unholy hands on Peter.

Avengers Disassembled is when Marvel died

they weren't broader they were more selective, they chose s new group to pander to, I.E. the twilight girl club. Broader would mean they would still have made their core fans happy. They didnt do that.