Intergalactic being of unfathomable intelligence and power

>intergalactic being of unfathomable intelligence and power
>speaks in cliches: "This puts a smile on my face."
>tfw there are already hints of lazy screenwriting in the trailer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Titan_(Moon_of_Saturn)
youtube.com/watch?v=cPRKsKwEdUQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>this puts a smile on my face
I wonder if the joker put it there.

what would you do if you were omnicient? you wouldn't be saying anything for any real reason, of course you'd use cliche one-liners. do you expect him to go around sprinkling wisdom around?

It's called speaking down. He may very well be the most intelligent being in the galaxy, but he still has to converse with people like you.

Sure, yea, I bet that was why the screenwriters made him talk like that.

>"This puts a smile on my face."
Hardly a cliché, just a figure of speech.

But that line was pretty good and I dislike capeshit

Oops! I let go of the cube!

>"In time you will know what it's like to lose, to feel so desperately that you're right, but to fail all the same."

>"Dread it..."

>"...run from it..."

>"...destiny still arrives."

Seems like quite solid writing desu.

>tony holds up his arms and cowers before getting fucking flattened
I really fucking love this shot. It's like seeing some mouthy fucking kid get laid the fuck out in a world star video. Except instead of 30 seconds of mouthing off, there was six movies of it.

Yea, I know, but why does the high point of his whole speech have to be a cliche? It was an anti-climactic let down.
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8

>intergalactic
HE'S FROM FUCKING TITAN
IT'S ONE OF THE MOONS OF SATURN
THAT'S IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM
Fucking American education.

It's not that Titan, you stupid foreigner.
Yes, believe it or not, you can name an entirely fictional location in your fictional world after a real place.

lets be honest bro, even if we're just looking at comic books, there are so many of them that there would be nothing to make thanos sound unique and not clichéd. It's not an excuse for a movie being shitty, but if you're looking for a non-clichéd plot, I could have told you back in 2012 Infinity War was not going to be it. The best you can hope for capeshit is that the execution is solid.

For fucks sake, we had Apocalypse, now Thanos, and potentially Darkseid who are all basically the same fucking person. In fact, AFAIK Thanos was inspired by Darkseid.

No, I took the History of Comic Books 1 and 2 in my senior year of HS and actually minored in Comic Book Studies (Marvel Emphasis) in college, but I just forgot. Sorry.

oh can titan support life? didn't think so. btfo, nerd.

But it is exactly that Titan
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Titan_(Moon_of_Saturn)

There's nothing wrong with that line.
It's not as intimidating as Ultron's "there are... No strings on ME" line in his teaser, but it's fine.

I just pray they cool it on the quips. Let it be more serious in tone like Civil War was. Maybe more so.

Darkseid is the real OG, then Thanos was made as a rip-off of him, then they made Mongul and then Apocalypse.
When will DC give us Mongul, I wonder.

>I just pray they cool it on the quips.
Oh no. You better believe this will be 2 and a half hours of fight fight, witty banter, fight fight, witty banter, fight, banter, fight fight, banter
Damn I was annoyed by the witty mid-fight banter in the last few of these movies I've seen.

>It's not that Titan
Yes it is.

Looks like shit desu.
> Replicants
> Annihilation
and Ready player one have my attention going into 2018. I look to be keyed into the future via my sci-fi not stirring in relic thinking of the past which is now nothing more than cliches

>forgetting that it's a comic book character

I expected it for guardians 2 because it's guardians.
But Thor did not need that shit. And I'm honestly worried about Black Panther.

I recently went back to watch Civil War and it's amazing how toned down it was compared to the 2017 mcu films.

It looks like he's taking it up the ass. Thanos, or Tanos as straight guys say it, looks like a eggplant with a flamboyant colorful glove.
>thith puths a smile on my faithe hehe

>Black Panther
fuck I can already see the praise it's going to get. Fucking Wonder Woman, while I did not think was horrible, was a completely forgettable movie, even when compared to other capeshit and got way too much fucking praise.
I also find it amusing that the Black Panther trailer was fucking hip-hop and the logo was bedazzled like some myspace gif. I wish motherfuckers would see right through that pandering, because it's insulting, but nope.

delete

>wakanda, the most advanced nation on earth, is a monoracial, monocultural, isolationist country that literally built a wall to stop migrants
Feels good man.

user, don't project. It's unbecoming.

>american education

LMAOING AT YOUR LIFE

Black user here.
It looks like pure capeshit kino that is insulting and a white sjw's idea about black identity. I'm an African American.. I don't wear dashikis or dream of a lost paradise in Africa. That's not my identity as an individual who has dark skin. I don't happen to listen to hip hop. I don't have an African accent. My idea of an amazing society isn't a bunch of black people in open market poverty w/ a kingdom above it. I don't view the whiteman as a devil. I see people as individuals and equals. This is pandering and it is an insult and I wont be going to see it.

And also, black lives matters are a bunch of 1st world problem millenial generation fucbois and quaanz. I'll be watching :
> Annihilation
> Replicants
> Ready player one
so far in 2018.

You're watching capeshit

Rocky Dennis looks like THAT!?

why would a black guy even hang around on Sup Forums when this place is so full of "dindu nuffin niggers we wuz kangz" racist memes?

Self-hate for things beyond his control, mostly.

Because it doesnt effect us

Because minorities hate themselves even more then racists hate minorities
t. minority

they're gonna do cheeky dialogue because it worked well in thor rangacock and because it's a comic book movie you goons

Who cares

Thanos sucks

except thats pepper in the suit

I like that in one sentence the captured the essence of Thanos, the conqueror thwarted by his own insecurities. One if my normie co workers lost his shit when I told him about how many times Thanos has beaten himself out of sheer carelessness and stupidity. He thought Thanos was going to be the Terminator, lol

>the soul stone is in africa

ah fuck I've seen her make that movement in a movie before too. Laying the fuck out of Paltrow is pretty based too though.

The internet's been my domain for some time user. It was far more toxic that Sup Forums. This shit is mild compared to the internet in the 90s. Also, I see through a person's bantz and into the personal flaws and insecurities that they're projecting. So, i consider this a domain of active research to know what a segment of the population is thinking/saying. I also have a strong self identity, so I'm not sure if some dickface can rattle that.

> we wuz kangz meme
Insecure about one's own lack of roots and it being built on the backs of others.
Whites throughout history have long tried to discredit the achievements of those outside their ethnic group. Were in the information. You're not fooling anyone anymore.

Correct
Cucked faggot

> sjw liberal view of blacks :
> they got nappy hair
> Wear dashikis
> Have jungle accents
> Live in tribes w/ bedazzled open markets.. like ghetto steam punk
> They're not intelligent but they have animal like strength and soul
> mfw the creative directors for this film are 1/3rd kikes, 1/3rd white females, and 1/3rd numale faggots

Very nice user, I'm sure your credentials as a based black African American have thoroughly impressed user #7,345,214.

I'll be seeing Black Panther, not because I have to, but because I want to see an African setting, fictional though it may be, be portrayed with some goddamn dignity. And no, before anyone says it, The Lion King doesn't count, get those British-ass savannah cats out of my face.

Not saying you have an obligation to see it, but I am saying your outrage is being blown way out of proportion by what seems to be an earnest attempt to do an Afro-Futurist movie right. Frankly I hope it turns more black people around the world onto sci-fi, it'd be interesting to see what Blade Runner: West Africa would look like, or to read stories about androids parlaying with ancient African dieties.

Just stop being so goddamn cynical and critical, and learn to see the good in people and in the efforts they make. Thats all

>Black Lives Matter are entitled Millenials with First World Problems!
>Here's why a harmless black sci-fi movie triggers me so badly I consider it an insult to my very identity and existence, hold me, I'm LITERALLY shaking

That's not how you throw a cross.

Isn't he supposed to be trained in some forms of alien martial arts?

Because that shit doesn't sting as badly as you think it does user. I personally don't even get irritated by it, especially when its used as a transparent attempt to bait a nigga moment out of me

Is Mel Gibson an American because he was born in the states? No. Thanos may have been born on Titan, but his parents moved around a lot. He grew up in Andromeda, which happens to be ANOTHER GALAXY. He lost his virginity in R7-88b, YET ANOTHER GALAXY. Bottom line, if he spent his formative years outside of the Milky Way he is an INTERGALACTIC bad guy.

Yeah, he has a black belt in the ancient art of the Space Pimp Hand

Speak for yourself, some if us have non-jello spines and something you're probably unaccustomed to seeing called dignity

It's like how there's a bunch of gays here when faggot gets thrown around more than on the entire remainder of the Internet. The word doesn't mean anything when it's used to excess.

I'm a Slav and from what I saw in the trailer it may be quite watchable. At least the setting is different and this is already a big plus.

Thanos is smart but i wouldn't say he has unfathomable intelligence.

You're putting a lot of effort into this larp, whitey.

Still better than Dragonball Super

Did your Dad who works at Marvel tell you that?

> I want to see an African setting, fictional though it may be, be portrayed with some goddamn dignity.
Modern Africa doesn't look like this. The developed areas look like any first world modern city. Sorry to burst your numale sjw bubble. But feel free to do as you please..It's your fantasy after-all. I just wanted to highlight whose fantasy it clearly is. It's not mine. It isn't a film made for me. It's one made by you and for (((YOU))).

> Not saying you have an obligation to see it,
I wont be. It doesn't look interesting. It looks like a liberal kike who has no understanding of Africa or African Americans made it and it looks like stereotypical capeshit developed by a marketing team to reach a growing demographic of viewers who like trivialized cliched stereotypical bullshit.

> but I am saying your outrage is being blown way out of proportion by what seems to be an earnest attempt to do an Afro-Futurist movie right.
You're saying you're a shill w/ an auto-encoded image name.

> Frankly I hope it turns more black people around the world onto sci-fi,
Dear dumbass I'm black and I've been into sci-fi since I was young. I don't need some kike'd blackface char to enjoy the genre as sci-fi transitions race and boundaries (When some shallow minded faggot isn't authoring it). I identify with characters and personalities not skin color. Since you're an on the dole shill, make sure to carry this message to your market research handlers.

> it'd be interesting to see what Blade Runner: West Africa would look like, or to read stories about androids parlaying with ancient African dieties.
I'm black. No thanks but I can see why an ignorant an racist liberal would feel the need to create something exclusively for a certain race that they dont see as equals. I like the fact that this gets put on display when it matters .. see pic

> Just stop being so..
I see through bullshit and see true intentions. It's a gift and a curse in this ugly world.

>Black Lives Matter are entitled Millenials with First World Problems!
Kike puppets meant to undermine black identity, unity, strength and healthy race relations

> a harmless black sci-fi movie
Another kike production meant to do the same.
I know who the fuck I am. I dont need some kikes in hollywood making some cliche film for me to cross over into modernity or know what my roots are.

The weak shake. I'm standing firm.

>galactic being of enormous intelligence and power
>speaks in absolutes: "If you're not with me, you're my enemy. "
>tfw there are already hints of being a Sith in Anakin

The image you just posted dhiws the characters charging on the outskirts of the city, the one they show in the trailers looks futuristic, but with a distinctly African atmosphere. And I'm sorry your paranoia about liberal nu-male kikes trying to brainwash you have led you to reject any and all attempts to entertain you and maybe show Africans in a good light for once. Best wrap that tin foil hat a little tighter around that benighted head, I hear the eternal sneaky jew is firing radio waves into the air again to brainwash you back onto the Democrat plantation

>The weak shake. I'm standing firm.
How #woke of you

But this isn't about you. That user wishes this movies turns OTHER black people to sci-fi.

And I'm sure it might.

> looks futuristic, but with a distinctly African atmosphere.
After you're done w/ your liberal African studies course, try and find your way over to google. Try and make sure you make sure computer has sufficient RF shielding because it seems like there are some skronk kike EM fields resonating from your bread basket.

[Autistic screeching intensifies]

> That weak shuffle
Broken

ITS A FUCKING COMIC BOOK MOVIE MADE FOR CHILDREN RETARD NOT THE NEXT MAMET PLAY

Be black
> But this isn't about you.
I've gathered that user.

> That user wishes this movies turns OTHER black people to sci-fi.
That user and the director of this film didn't make the film about or for me. They made it about their ignorant conception of me. Those (OTHER) black people are just in (YOUR) head. Instead of continuing to parrot your conceptions about blacks, how about you talk to one.
> But this isn't about you.

> And I'm sure it might.
I'm sure every liberal has this magic fantasy in their head about what might happen. Doesn't appear that you fruit loops have a accuracy.

youtube.com/watch?v=cPRKsKwEdUQ

This place respects those who don't conform to normies. There's much hate towards certain groups of white people here too.

Are you like this IRL? Because I'm having a proper laugh imagining how you're going to react to am invitation to see BP with friends or family next year
>Hey user, wanna go see Black Panther next we-
>Hell no, don'tnyou know that movie is the work of the fork-tongued Jewish entertainment mafia dons, a devious trick to re-enslave the soul of the black man? Do not allow yourselves to be subjugated so easily, my brothas and sistas!!! Rise above, cast off your bonda-
>Nevermind, user

You keep using that word, but I don't think you know what cliche means.

When w/ like company (close friends), I feel no need to preach to the choir. Were all on the same page and instead focus on quality cinema. Other than my close friends, when around normies and associates, I simply play dumb and decline. You've probably never noticed this subtlety.

My mistake for thinking for a minute that /tv is any different.. A small amount of connoisseurs and a mass of junk food eaters..
A microcosm of the world.

Make him like Rick from Rick and Morty.

>aliens
>having the exact same emotions, let alone emotional expressions as humans

Thanos is a goofy motherfucker in the source materials. Unlike Ultron, he was born for the quipverse

The world's visionaries have been replaced by marketing analytics and contrived LARP.

A cliched one.

Well he's as strong as the hulk so it really doesn't matter how he hits someone.

Is this gay shit gonna be good or nah, its been like 10 years they've been hyping up this literal grapefruit

>one doesn't usually think of fun when trying to restructure the universe
>but this is a Marvel movie
Can't believe he said that

Is Nick Fury gonna be in it? I'm expecting a quip about Thor stealing his look

Remember when we were all excited about ultron and thought he was cool but then he turned out to be a quipping machine

>Sure, yea,
found the faggot

what? a being so intelligent and powerful is bound to be bored

He literally said in the trailer than he didn't expect to enjoy destroying half the universe, but he does.

>But Thor did not need that shit.
You are a fucking imbecile.

All Thor movies flopped and were not even remember. Thor above all other superheroes need to be shaken up.

A proper Superman vs The New Gods movie could be kino on a level never before seen in capeshit.

But yeah, Thanos and Apocalypse are just shitty knock off of the OG big grey baddie, and none of them had a pantheon of cosmic horror motifs backing them up, either.

>unfathomable intelligence
Ehhhh
He's really strong with the glove, but he's mostly just a regular 'space conquering leader' type. I mean, in the comics he was doing this for the pusi

>aliens
>having different emotions and expressions than humans
Even dogs use the same expressions than humans you stupid ape. Its an evolutionary trait

>literal grapefruit
>grapefruits are orange
you are so retarded its hilarious

Darkseid is a piece of shit, I read in a comic once how he got defeated by stairs. He is a joke, a meme, and he has never once won.

seems like DC is more your speed UP

watch Justice League again before they remove it from theaters

A Model T1 Ford is better than a 1967 Shelby .

> Came first means better

Thanos is a vastly better character than Darskeid though. And I pray to all that is holy that WB never tries to actually do the Fourth World stuff because they would fuck it up so bad Jonah Hex, Steel and Howard the Duck would look like masterpieces by comparison.

ok pajeet

Answer his question, or are you completely incapable of forming sentences without memespeaking?

Thanos is more famous than Darkseid.
Deadpool is more famous than Deathstroke
Green Arrow is more famous than Hawkeye (but only because MCU fucked Hawkeye up)

Just because you did it first doesn't make yours the better product. The public has spoken with their wallet.

RT: it's fun
99%

>car analogy
>american cars

cars that have engines smaller than a lawnmower don't qualify as cars, foreigner

that's called a go-cart