Spider-Man 2017

So we're like two or three months away from the premiere of this show and all we know is:
>Venom, Miles and Gwen are in it
>Horizon Labs has been turned into Horizon High

That's it, just some leaked promo art and a teaser showing off the logo. No clips, no theme song, nothing. Is that worrying?

>Is that worrying?

I gave up on Marvel animation a long time ago.

>Miles
Sigh. Of course he is.
>>Horizon Labs has been turned into Horizon High
That sounds pretty stupid but maybe it means they'll be switching up the status quo which would be a good thing. But the very presence of Kid Arachnid lowers my expectations a lot, to be honest.

>Is that worrying?

No.

They'll likely start promoting it and revealing details when they ramp up Spider-Man: Homecoming promotion in May.

The same way they started promoting the new season of the animated GOTG show and the Rocket/Groot shorts when they ramped up GOTG2 promotion.

I already don't expect anything good from this series, so the silence doesn't bother me at all.

So are Peter and Miles gonna be Spider-Man #1 and Spider-Man #2 respectively?

>Marvel
That should have been the first thing worrying. And yes, it will be awful

Nah. Miles will be Spider-Boy.

I bet you that the cast will look like the MCU's.

Including fat Ned Leeds.

Aren't they the same age in this?

On Wacker's tumblr he's teased some stuff and confirmed other things.

He's suggested we're getting a Spider-Island adaption (which was originally planned for season 5 of Ultimate Spider-Man).

He confirmed the Daily Bugle will be in the show. And episodes will be 22 minutes long. Also he confirmed that we will see the Black Spidey Costume.

A partnership with another Disney Channel show is in development (think something like the crossover with Jessie in Ultimate Spider-Man).

No plans for Jessica Drew.

They're prioritizing classic characters over recent characters.

He also suggested we're getting at least one of the following (likely in the Spider-Island adaption):
- The Jackal
- Madame Webb
- MJ with Spider Powers
- Spider-Queen

>Disney
>Marvel

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

I'm kind of baffled as to why they keep restarting Spider-Man cartoons. Like, why bother restarting Ultimate Spider-Man if the new show will pretty much be the same thing? Do you want to just retell the same villain origins over and over? Is there any Spider-Man content left?

Also, including Venom probably is going to bite them in the ass cause Venom is getting a non-MCU film. Also they seem to fear Black Cat cause "Girls are icky"

>He's suggested we're getting a Spider-Island adaption (which was originally planned for season 5 of Ultimate Spider-Man).
Fat Ned Leeds with HILARIOUS Spider-Powers results.
>A partnership with another Disney Channel show is in development (think something like the crossover with Jessie in Ultimate Spider-Man).
Ah yes, the skippable episodes.
>They're prioritizing classic characters over recent characters.
How boring.

>Miles Morales
>Spider-Island
okay

>Marvel cartoon
>Good
Sorry, but after Spectacular and Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes' unfair cancellations, I hope Marvel never has another decent cartoon ever again.

Here's hoping this piece of shit is just as bad as Ultimate or better yet worse to piss off the shits who liked Ultimate.

I was hoping it would come off as a racial joke.

ill always miss you

>having hope for anything Spider-related
Here's how it goes. If it's shit, it goes on forever. If it's good, it gets cancelled quickly.

>Is that worrying?
Absolutely.

Slott is also one of the lead writers on it.

I heard Sean Marquette is voicing Spider-Man in this.

(btw pic related is the same guy that voiced Mac in Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends)

So how heavily will their powers be differentiated? My guess is

>Peter has Spider-Sense and develops most if their tech like web-shooters
>Miles has Venom Blast
>Gwen has ??? I dunno.

So how much better than Peter will Miles be, and what will be Peter's hero name? Red and Blue Spider-Man?

Peter will be the brains/balanced one, Miles will be power and Gwen will be the speedster.

That art style reminds me of Spectacular.

>Season 3 never ever
>Carnage never ever
>Hobgoblin never ever
>TV movie never ever
It fucking hurts, and I don't know how much more of this shit I can take.

>Miles
>boy

#1, #2 and V3.

I'm still fucking mad.

ONORE V3

>artstyle looks like Spectacular
>get hopeful
>"It's a team-up series!"

kill me

Why are they lying?

Anyway, this sounds at least better than ultiamte as long as no 4th wall breaks.

>Implying Marvel does theme songs anymore
GOTTA MAKE WAY FOR MORE ADS!
Marvel cartoons haven't been good in years, and this show's premise sounds like complete garbage. I'm not holding my breath

>the Black Spidey Costume.
Which Black Spidey Costume? The costume of Black Spider-Man or the black Spider-Man costume?