Steven Universe has the greatest cartoon soundtrack of all time, hands down

Steven Universe has the greatest cartoon soundtrack of all time, hands down.

youtu.be/AblGGgqOUi8 [Open]
youtu.be/GGu2ix1ZgzQ [Open]
youtu.be/1LT600uTJHg [Open]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1LsNmHNQSWY
youtu.be/WhuV8fwbyMY
youtu.be/q5uKfMrTaFc
youtube.com/watch?v=oNcXFlcBJy4
youtube.com/watch?v=0jD7tHmC1MU
youtube.com/watch?v=rGOJIl2lx0M
youtube.com/watch?v=S2BfpD5aWJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RjgEYW1RJ3A
youtube.com/watch?v=9KGb2KgXHwc
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ya0JgTW18s
youtube.com/watch?v=UlhOusGdMVA
youtube.com/watch?v=XLtlRY-bH8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah it has a better soundtrack but Rick and Morty blows it out of the water when it comes to interesting characters you actually care about

I remember the Peridot redemption hype of season 2, good times.

It's certainly distinctive. For Cartoons, anyway. This kind of "late fourth/early fifth generation JRPG soundtrack by way of bubblegum techno-pop" sound track is pretty widespread in indie games.

Rick and Morty characters I care about:
>Rick

SU characters I care about:
>all of them except for townies and Lapis.

Indeed.
youtube.com/watch?v=1LsNmHNQSWY
youtu.be/WhuV8fwbyMY
youtu.be/q5uKfMrTaFc

Who mentioned Rick and Morty? Even if maybe you're right, but why do you want to drag this unrelated discussion here user.

I don't think any cartoon soundtrack will ever come anywhere near this level, even LOK's soundtrack is just mediocre comparatively. Some of the pieces are so stunning, they aren't even kino anymore.

Indeed. The soundtrack was pretty well themed and well-done on this one. I don't know a cartoon that better used the OST to convey emotion. Love that oriental tribal groove.

Though SU's soundtrack is still GOAT because it is still fantastic even standalone and focuses more on being good and thematic instead of amplifying emotion.

>implying Gravity Falls soundtrack was not kino

The soundtrack seems to be the last thing that people agree is good about the show, outside of people that are just blatantly shitposting or getting background music mixed up with vocal songs. Even as the fandom itself seems to be getting fed up they still enjoy the music. Personal favorite:
youtube.com/watch?v=oNcXFlcBJy4

[Open]
did you steal this post off reddit or something lmao

fucking YES
youtube.com/watch?v=0jD7tHmC1MU
youtube.com/watch?v=rGOJIl2lx0M
youtube.com/watch?v=S2BfpD5aWJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RjgEYW1RJ3A

Good taste.

Post your favorites then. Show me the light.

The soundtrack and the backgrounds are pretty much the only noteworthy parts about this show.

Avii is a genious.
Too bad S3 and S4 have a lot of garbage sountracks / songs.

Lol gross.

Yeah, music has always been one of the most fascinating parts of the show.
youtube.com/watch?v=9KGb2KgXHwc
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ya0JgTW18s
youtube.com/watch?v=UlhOusGdMVA
As it went went downhill, they barely use any memorable soundtracks at all. I can only remember Sardonyx Show and What's the Use of Feelng Blue.

Does this thread exist because of what I said yesterday? I take everything back. It sounds like someone had a stroke over a keyboard while they had fruity loops open.

Chalk that up to Aivi and Susahhru being rally good.

It's literally the only parts that are still good.

Some of this sounds ok, but if it's the best cartoon OST of all time then that's not saying much about cartoons.

this is a really weird example to choose considering they literally just hamfistedly booted a character out of the show for no other reason than that he was too unlikeable to keep around

often the soundtracks are still there, you can just barely hear them because it's really important that we can hear steven's whining with optimal clarity

It's certainly up there, although there's some pretty clear contenders like Hey Arnold.
>that's not saying much about cartoons.
Unfortunately this really is the case.

Which sucks because the music is linked specifically to each character and the interplay between themes really underlines certain interactions.

Pure Kino:

youtube.com/watch?v=XLtlRY-bH8I

What did you say then you fucking faggot.

I'm going to fucking choke you.

Mirror Match is one of my favorites. Reminds me of Kingdom Hearts or other games similar like that. You could also here tiny melodies of each of the individual gems at some points, but the show often mixes melodies of the characters which is great.