What's Sup Forums opinion on this?

What's Sup Forums opinion on this?

I loved the Evil Dead series and the first season was pure kino imo. The second season felt like beating a dead horse. It was obvious they were running out of ideas and stretching each episode to fit it into season length. Season 2's highlight for me was hearing MSU's fight song during the parade. Love all the Michigan references. Hoping season 3 is better.

He has a daughter in season 3, so no.

Is ok imo, 6/10. I watch

I think the series would bump up to a solid 8/10 if Raimi directed it. He directed the first episode which is the best episode in the series by far.

I just want to see bruce
who is this wacky diverse cast and why should i care

Pablo is Ash's fuckboi, Kelly is LE STRONK WOMYN and Lucy Lawless is the villain and still hot.

Yeah I feel like 2 sidekicks is too much. The mexican guy is actually pretty good. Wouldnt mind it being just him and Ash.

I agree OP.
Only got around to watching it a few weeks ago and I liked it a lot.
First season is absolute kino, the three main characters are all great in their own way and it's a perfect continuation to the films.
Season 2 is good too, but it's just more of the same so I wasn't as much into it, but there we a few really good parts too like how Ash tricks Bill in the asylum episode.
Kinda wish they kept Pablo dead though. He's a great character but now they pretty much established that the main characters have plot armor none of what happens to them matters in the long run.
Pretty hype for Season 3 though.

first season was good. i quit the 2nd season after 2 eps.

season 1 was great and felt like they were in a certain universe going around fighting evil, every episode felt new and it felt like it was going somewhere

couldn't finish season 2, it felt like they were just a bunch of actors playing around in 2 or 3 sets and just juicing the set they had to play around without going anywhere, didn't feel like it was going progressing at all and had to drop it

Man the first movie is my favorite and everyone I show it to shits all over it. Tried showing it to some friends and family and typical response is it's cheesy and AoD is better. I like that the first movie was more horror focused. I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie, especially once everyone is dead and Ash is freaking out.

just finished season 1 . it's pretty good . hope it doesn't turn to shit

The first Evil Dead will always be the best, Raimi knew that, that's why the sequels are comedic.

Dont worry, it will.

This guy gives a good summary. Like half the episodes are in the same location with nothing happening and when something does happen its super predictable.

A lot of people here probably don't know that the main writer was fired and they had to rewrite the last episode of season 2 early. The original ending to season 2 was gonna be fucking awful and the rewrite did it's best to work with what it had, but it still feels rushed and off somehow.

comedy > horror

The season 2 episode where the Oldsmobile becomes possessed was 10/10

That Party episode in Season 2 was great, I feel like it got too serious after that though especially with the insane asylum episode.

season one didn't even get me hooked since the episodic format seems to be awful.
every episode has the same pattern. all of them. was a pain to watch through.

The first Evil Dead is actually pretty funny, it just isn't try-hard in-your-face humour.

season 1's ending pissed me off, and 2's really did since they will probably keep bullshitiing the endings until the fans stop watching. season 2 also had a lot of three stooges tier camp i couldnt tolerate. i know raimi loves that stuff and it was in the original movies, but again, it fels excessive

season 2 did give us ashy slashy though

>felt like beating a dead horse

You really don't understand this genre I see.

>le genreshit excuse

>still no mia teamup
WHY

Shit was awful. They would throw like 300 jokes every episode, and only 1-2 would land. I love seeing Bruce back as Ash, but he gets nothing to work with. At least he can deliver bad jokes decently, the other actors, excluding Lucy, are pure shit. And the action has the problem with the "grab the person by the throat and then just throw them" cliche. The worst occasion of this was the scene with the old lady, where she would just stand and wait like 5 minutes for Ash to respond to her attacks. The writing is shit, the acting is shit and the action is fucking horrible. All in all, shit show.

the first couple of episodes in season 1 were good and the black cop with the big tits was fun

i think the problem with the show is the seasons are just too long, if they cut them down a bit it would be much better. the mid seasons so far have been kind of shitty because there's too much filler.

The entire thing is slapstick & shark jumping from beginning to end. Why would you expect that to change in the slightest?

Because the remake was ass.

>the original evil dead isn't comedic
it might not be intentional but it's funny

Which make it a good watch. Some spooky stuff, some fun stuff and some rape stuff.

just because it's not serious doesn't mean you can't still have some sort of overarching story and direction instead of just playing around each episode without going anywhere, sandbox type of shows never work

it had incredible gore. that guy getting his hand smashed by the axe fucks with me.it was great in its own right, even if it was devoid of any humor, but hey, the first evil dead was supposed to be straight faced too.

Season 1 was great. It was about being funny.
Season 2 was shit. It was about being as disgusting as possible.

I fucking died at “HELLO PUSSAAAAAAYS”

>and the black cop with the big tits was fun

Man, that sucked ass when she kicked the bucket.

Show could've used more of her. Maybe it would've been better if Ruby murdered her.

I like both seasons, but it's clear that 1. it will die before it gets a proper finish. 2. The writers don't agree on a lot of shit. If I recall correctly, Tapert argued with a writer about what is and isn't Evil Dead.

Yea the Mexican guy is funny in the way that he unconditionally believes and follows everything Ash does.His background with the Shaman family worked too. Kelly is just there to be the annoying hole and ruin everyone's fun. Gonna get worse with season 3 and his daughter. Maybe the problem is this is too much evil dead. After season 1 there is only so much you can do with this material.