Why did this drop off and disappear so quickly?

Why did this drop off and disappear so quickly?

I came out of the theater thinking seriously that there could be Oscar talks

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it was an overhyped flash in the pan, and is now languishing in the pit of "things that happen to exist" where it belongs.

Um, wow, overreact much? Seriously, though, I liked the show just as much as the next guy, but is it Oscar-worthy? Absolutely not. It's a great capeshit film but if you think it's worth of an Oscar, go watch Children of Men, then come back and tell me how great Logan was.

it was talked about for like a month, best comic book movie of the year so far.

Easy among the top 3 best comic book movies, first being Superman the movie, second being the Dark Knight

>if you think it's worth of an Oscar, go watch Children of Men, then come back

>Oscar talks

That's the point though user. Superman and Dark Knight were milestone pop culture events and were discussed for months. Logan got great reviews and was talked about for a month and now it's gone.

What the fuck even is this?

I never get this site.

This is what happens with most movies.

This is what happens with most GOOD movies.

What the he'll you guys expect? I see people here talking like 9f something doesn't have the same cultural impact of Star Wars it is "forgotten". How do you even MEASURE it?

What the hell do you fags even want? What could still be discussed that wasn't before?

Just your average Samurai Jack fan

Sup Forums leaving for the Spider-Man: Homecoming midnight premire

it's too good to be discussed on Sup Forums but I agree, best actor and supporting actor should be nominated. Jackman and Stewart killed it

They expect endless discussion like how the MCU and DCEU movies generate, not realize that's mostly just shitposting.

.>Oscar talks
>Not about a gay black teenager in miami
Never had a chance

The thing is that (only on this site) I see they saying that the MCU doesn't reach the level of discussion that they want, and the DCEU is just bait and shitpost.

So really, I still don't see what the Sup Forumsfags want.

/thread

Literally the only reasons people hyped it up were:
>muh last Wolvereeeene movie
>muh superhero movie with blood EDGY
>muh superhero movie where they shit on comic books for being unrealistic LOL SO TRUE (i'm also a fucking idiot who cannot into context and doesn't realize that the character who was praising "unrealistic" comic books ended up being right)

OP, you've forgotten the Golden Rule of Sup Forums: If it's good enough that it's pretty universally liked, there's nothing to discuss.

This. The discussion was done 2 weeks after it came out. The lingering questions from people that didn't pay enough attention were cleared up, and there's not going to be a sequel so people cant circlejerk over speculation. A good movie came out, it was enjoyed by almost all except the strictest of contrarians, and it's done

>Dark Knight is good

Its aged like shit. The only thing anyone even remembers it for was being Heath Ledger's last movie.

>Its aged like shit.

Other shit criticism hardly elaborated.

Explain WHY.
The fuck this means?

I don't need to explain a metaphor to you

Pretty sure it was hyped because of the interesting characters and strong dialogue and mature storyline in addition to the well executed action scenes Just like TDK.

people actually liked this garbage film? holy shit.
i went with 7 friends and neither fucking one found anything to like about the film. its a predictable mediocre pile of shit full of bad acting and boring useless scenes. terrible villains too.

>That's the point though user. Superman and Dark Knight were milestone pop culture events and were discussed for months

Different eras, even during the Dark Knight era we didn't got as much super hero shit being made compared with today.

I'm talking about overall quality and to be honest people are still talking about Wolverine, the movie is still making money at theaters, about to hit 600 million despite being R rated and this weekend came at number 6 at the box office despite the movie being out for a while and all the new movies opening

boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool are both examples of the Superman / TDK impact on pop culture.

Logan didn't even come close to that

not that user, but I never got the hype for that movie.It was good, but nothing amazing. Ledgers preformance was good but way over hyped. I still think Hamill is the best Joker ever done

>Its aged like shit.
Its not, it looks beautiful, great writing, acting, directing, 10/10, would fuck if suddenly gets a physical body

Then all 8 of you have shit taste, congrats. No wonder you're friends

>Guardians of the Galaxy
Its only popular among children, normies know and like Wolverine better.

Deadpool is kind of popular among other kind of geeks like weebs, gamers, cosplayers and memes among normies but beyond that you don't see people wearing deadpool t-shirts that much otside manchildren

It's because it was good. We don't have anything to complain about which is all Sup Forums knows how to do.

This is just wrong. GotG and Deadpool were both MASSIVELY successful among normies and had huge effects on pop culture hence every movie now having a classic rock OST and trailer editing ala GotG and the R-rated action comedy coming back ala Deadpool.

Then you are delusional. I bet you think 300 is still the greatest action movie of all time

I didn't know Comicbookgirl19 posted on Sup Forums?

There's too many comic book movies now for any to really stand out, "most comic book movies are dumb trash but this one's actually serious and good" is an old narrative now so even that doesn't help

>GotG and Deadpool were both MASSIVELY successful among normies and had huge effects on pop culture hence every movie now having a classic rock OST

1-Guardians of the galaxy didn't created the idea of using popular rock in trailers, even the Viva Rock Vegas Flinstones film did it.

2-Guardians and Deadpool were popular when they came out but they were more of a flavor of the month kind of thing, Guardians way more so than Deadpool, again, outside the movies all the Gotg products are aimed at children while Deadpool appeals to both children and adults.

Nobody gives to fucks about guardians that are not Groot and Rocket Raccon too, Drax being on third place because of a reaccion pic, the other two are nowhere to be seen.

>1-Guardians of the galaxy didn't created the idea of using popular rock in trailers, even the Viva Rock Vegas Flinstones film did it.

No one said GotG invented it but it becoming a trend in every blockbuster trailer is due to GotG's success using it. You could even make the argument that the entire Suicide Squad MOVIE was edited and altered based on GotG's success

>thinking Logan is a garbage film
You and your friends have legitimately terrible taste, and should promptly remove yourselves from the gene pool.

It's still in the top ten and given the foreign grosses, will likely end up being top 15 for the year, at worst, top 20. Strange ended up being Top 15 for last year, so that's as good as can be expected.

I would not be surprised if Stewart and Jackman get some talk for awards and the script might be as well.

Logan isn't MCU. In fact, mutants don't EXIST in the MCU.

Sup Forums: talking about a movie instead of the comic it's based on.

better than academy award winning Suicide Squad

The movie is about a million times better than anything Millar has shit out. I'd agree with you 99% of the time but not this time.

this. One of the cases where the movie is better, the other being CW.

seems like a pattern

Pretty damn sure it's still in theaters.
Prolly still having commercials for it and making a bunch of money, too.

I mean just cause we don't have a nonstop thread doesn't mean it stopped being a success.

>Children of Men is the bar of how action dramas should be for Oscars
If that's the standard, then Logan should be getting an Oscar since it's better than that.

I mean Children of Men is a great movie, I'd watch it any week of the day, but I'd prolly watch Logan almost any day of the week before Children of Men.

It's gone HERE maybe while we talk about Samurai Jack and SU
But I bet it is still rolling in box office dough and will be prolly so hyped for BluRay around the summertime you'll see commercials for it all over the place again.

The movie is better.

I dislike it the movie. And Jackman's knock-off.

But Old Man Logan is pure sewage.

I mean, it's pretty good, but it's nothing earth-shattering. It doesn't really break any new ground, it's just a Western with superhero elements added. And it doesn't surpass, say, True Grit, or anything like that.

My biggest problem is it decided it's source material was so contemptible that Logan should shit on it but they still have terrible tonal inconsistencies and silly moments.

Mangold and Jackman were clearly in love with their version of the character and not really a fan of the others.

I haven't seen True Grit, but I would say Logan holds it's own against most of the greats. Sure, it's not as good as Tombstone, but almost nothing is. But I wouldn't blink if someone rated it in their top 10 westerns as long as it is below that.

>Children of men
user, stop.

Good things don't get talked about on /co for long.

Because the film was open and closed. It's like how Return of the King ended a lot of LOTR hype. Endings stop hype.

because it happened after the oscars and was god enough that everyone saw it pretty much as soon as it came out, and was reasonably satisfied

so there is not much to talk about

I remember it for that bank robbery scene

>movie with baseless hype gets forgotten after it makes its money
Stop the presses.

Commercials for it have stopped.

It was great and had its fair amount of discussion.But no meme potential so children don't spam it to death.