Spider-Man Homecoming set visit details:

Spider-Man Homecoming set visit details:

The film shot under the production name of Summer of George, because during development they were watching a lot of Seinfeld

From the very start, the idea was to introduce Peter Parker in Captain America: Civil War.

Amy Pascal says one of the things that attracted them to Jon Watts was that Cop Car showed he knew how to tell a story through action.

Jon Watts wanted to show a “ground level” superhero story in the MCU as opposed to the “penthouse level” stories of Iron Man, Thor, etc.

As soon as Watts got the job he was flown down to Atlanta to the set of Captain America: Civil War to consult on the Spider-Man scenes.

Part of Watts’ pitch was telling a high school story at a school that looked like a real modern high school, not the 1950s. Watts put together a lookbook of photos of kids of all different races to show how diverse he wanted the classmates to be.

Homecoming is a coming-of-age story, and the central Peter Parker arc is him trying to figure out which part of him is Peter and which part of him is Spider-Man.

Watts gave the young cast members movies to watch as “homework” for the film like Say Anything, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Pretty in Pink, and Freaks and Geeks. Holland and the cast had a “Domino’s Day” where they ate pizza and marathoned the movies.

In preparation for the role, Tom Holland went undercover at a public high school in the Bronx for three days with a fake name and a fake accent.

Zendaya’s character was inspired by Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club and Linda Cardellini in Freaks and Geeks. She’s bookish and always has a pile of books she’s carrying around.

Spider-Man’s low-tech pajama suit makes an appearance in the film.

During the audition process, Holland recorded himself on tape with the help of Joel Kinnaman and Jon Bernthal, who he was shooting movies with at the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-things-to-know/#marvel
collider.com/tom-holland-spider-man-homecoming-interview/
collider.com/michael-keaton-spider-man-homecoming-interview//
collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-why-vulture-is-the-villain/
collider.com/tom-holland-spider-man-homecoming-undercover-school/
slashfilm.com/spider-man-homecoming-set-visit/
slashfilm.com/tom-holland-spider-man-homecoming-interview/
slashfilm.com/amy-pascal-spider-man-homecoming-interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

During the audition process, Holland recorded himself on tape with the help of Joel Kinnaman and Jon Bernthal, who he was shooting movies with at the time.

One of the scenes Marvel used to audition Holland for Spider-Man was from Whiplash, a scene between Miles Teller and J.K. Simmons’ characters. Then his final audition scene was the scene in Civil War where Tony Stark meets Peter Parker.

Holland trained for a month before filming to show off Spider-Man abilities we haven’t seen onscreen before.

Holland says the film shows the beginning of a sort of big brother/little brother relationship between Tony and Peter.

The first month of shooting was all the high school scenes at a high school in Atlanta while the students were on summer break.
Watts allowed his actors a lot of freedom to try different ideas and dialogue on set.

The film begins at the beginning of Peter’s sophomore year.

The first day of shooting saw Holland making practical webbing in science class, but Holland accidentally dropped the glass container and smashed it everywhere.

Michael Keaton’s character changed quite a bit from the first version of the script to the finished film after Watts and Keaton collaborated on their approach to the character.

The original script never specified Ned as “Ned Leeds,” but Leeds was certainly the idea of the character at the beginning.

Hannibal Buress plays a coach at the school and Logan Marshall-Green plays a member of Michael Keaton’s team.

Donald Glover’s role was being kept under tight wraps while we were on set.

The film takes place a few months after the events of Captain America: Civil War. The producers said they want to keep Peter Parker in high school for as long as possible.

When Tony meets Peter in Civil War, he’s been fighting crime as Spider-Man for 4-6 months.
There’s a flashback sequence in the film that shows Peter hanging out in Berlin after the big Civil War

When he returns home he sets out to fight a lot of low-level crime, but dreams of stopping bigger baddies like The Avengers—although Tony Stark doesn’t approve.

Aside from his adventures in Civil War, the fight against Vulture is the biggest villain he’s been up against so far.

The origin story has not been changed from the one that everyone knows.

There’s a Ferris Bueller-inspired chase sequence through neighborhoods.

Vulture has kind of a “Tony Soprano mentality” in that he wants his shot at the good life and doesn’t necessarily have delusions of grandeur in terms of taking over the world.

Adrian Toomes owns a salvage company that landed the contract to clean up after the Battle of New York, but eventually the Department of Damage Control takes over, ruining his livelihood.

Toomes builds the Vulture suit to salvage more alien tech, and his team has in its possession Crossbones’ gauntlet from Civil War.

They originally thought they were going to use more CG than they ended up using, but there’s a lot of practical Spider-Man in the finished film.

The Spidey suit has a voice inside of it and once the “training wheels” are taken off, and Peter discovers a lot of new features in the suit Tony designed

Sounds great!

So excited for this

One of the fun things about bringing Spider-Man to the MCU is having a lot of tech-based powers and abilities.

Peter built his webshooters and invented the web fluid on his own.

The hologram seen at the end of Civil War allows Peter to use his high-tech web shooter and choose different settings like “swing web”, “web ball”, etc.
There is a conversation about Uncle Ben in the movie.

The suit has a heater, it lights up, the Spider-Man logo gives him surveillance data, there’s an airbag, and there’s a web that can tase people.

There are no specific references to the Marvel Netflix “ground level” characters like Daredevil and Luke Cage.

There’s no mention of Oscorp in the movie. They wanted to not mention any of the past villains or characters with a couple of exceptions like Aunt May or Flash.

There’s also no Daily Bugle in the movie.

All but two of the directors and writers who pitched Marvel on their Spider-Man movies had Vulture as the villain.

The film shot for 10 days in New York City and a few pickups in Berlin, but mostly shot in Atlanta.

Source: collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-things-to-know/#marvel

More links: collider.com/tom-holland-spider-man-homecoming-interview/

collider.com/michael-keaton-spider-man-homecoming-interview//

collider.com/spider-man-homecoming-why-vulture-is-the-villain/

collider.com/tom-holland-spider-man-homecoming-undercover-school/

/Film has a bunch of stuff too (Although I imagine there's a lot of same stuff):

slashfilm.com/spider-man-homecoming-set-visit/

slashfilm.com/tom-holland-spider-man-homecoming-interview/

slashfilm.com/amy-pascal-spider-man-homecoming-interview/

>From the very start, the idea was to introduce Peter Parker in Captain America: Civil War.
lol

Sounds cool.

>no mention of Oscorp
>no Daily Bugle cameo
>no street level heros mentioned

And dropped. I never had high hopes, but if a street level character can't bump into other street heroes, there's something wrong with the world.

>Donald Glover’s role was being kept under tight wraps while we were on set.

He's Albert Cleary from Damage Control undercover on the Vulture's gang.

Netflix is not canon. It's just the way things are.

>>no mention of Oscorp
>>no Daily Bugle cameo

Why would they be mentioned? He's in high school

Then why bother even making the netflix shows? I want to see DD and Spidey team up. I want to see how he interacts with Punisher. Spidey interacts with street level heroes more than the Avengers/FF.

This shit is gonna be the worst film in the MCU, regardless of how much money it makes.

>skyline shot of Avengers tower
We could get one of Oscorp and maybe a paper with the Bugle on it.

But I forgot, since he's in high school, none of these things exist, right? Christ, Ultimate was a mistake.

>Then why bother even making the netflix shows?

Profit.

>The Spidey suit has a voice inside of it
Going FULL Tony wannabe, huh?

>He's Albert Cleary from Damage Control undercover on the Vulture's gang.
Supposedly, he is playing Hobie Brown.

that would be funny as fuck if Prowler shows up late, in full costume

>Peter built his webshooters and invented the web fluid on his own.
What upgrades did Tony's suit give him?

>in full costume
I really doubt that. But I wouldn't be surprised if we saw schematics for his costume/gear or half finished stuff lying around somewhere like with Arnim Zola's robo-suit in First Avenger or the Gladiator nods in Daredevil.

>What upgrades did Tony's suit give him?
Keep reading, dumbass.

>Zendaya’s character was inspired by Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club
This is gonna be cringy almost 100%.

>The Spidey suit has a voice inside of it and once the “training wheels” are taken off, and Peter discovers a lot of new features in the suit Tony designed
I think it'll be unanimous how dumb this will turn out.

More stuff.

>The movie is set a few months after CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR and early into Peter's sophomore year at Midtown School of Science and Technology.

>The movie begins with a flashback following the events of THE AVENGERS revealing how Adrian Toomes landed a salvage contract to clean up Chitauri technology after the Battle of New York.

>Toomes has a wife and children and initially creates the Vulture suit to have an advantage against Damage Control in salvaging alien technology. His descend into villainy is gradual and motivated by the need to provide for his family as well as a sense of indignation against the rich and powerful such as Tony Stark.

>The Shocker's gauntlets are modified versions of Crossbones's gauntlets from CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. Spider-Man will have an encounter with him early on.

>Tom Holland's Spider-Man isn't as fearless when it comes to heights and won't swing as high and as easily as Tobey Maguire's and Andrew Garfield's did. He'll still be working up the confidence to take to the skies like that.

>The movie will have "ground-level" camerawork avoiding the sweeping shots from Sam Raimi's and Marc Webb's films, and will also mostly stay out of Manhattan. Peter is from Queens and that's where he'll be mostly seen swinging around.

>New York is being presented a little more realistically, without so much crime and violence. Producers made sure to point out there won't be gangs of criminals lurking in alleyways as there were in Raimi's and Webb's films.

>Peter won't say "with great power comes great responsability". The line is not in the movie. While there's a mention to him, the movie also won't fret over Uncle Ben's death so as to keep the tone light and focused on Peter coming into his own.

>Aunt May is just a little older than Peter and is more big sister than sage parent.

>Tony Stark has roughly six scenes in the movie.

>There's apparently a running gag of Peter hiding his street clothes in nondescript places like alleyway dumpsters and ending up misplacing them.

>Producers are avoiding the staples of the Raimi-Webb movies (Gwen Stacy, Mary-Jane Watson, Harry Osborn, OsCorp, The Daily Bugle, etc.) as much as possible. They want to keep Peter in high school as much as possible and HOMECOMING's young cast (Liz, Ned, Michelle and Flash) are in it for the long haul.

>Flash was nearly axed as well but they decided to include him because of how different HOMECOMING's approach to the character is.

>Elements known from the Raimi-Webb movies might be included if someone presents a great and unique pitch about them. Holland himself really wants to see Doctor Octopus given another go in the movies, and Venom as well (but that ship has sailed).

>Peter won't say "with great power comes great responsability". The line is not in the movie.

I know people are going to bitch and whine about this... but I'm completely ok with it.

>>Tony Stark has roughly six scenes in the movie.

But how much actual screen time does he have? Those scenes could be really short or really long.

We've already seen them.

>Dropping Peter off at home
>Telling Peter not to worry about the Vulture.
>Saving the ferry and chewing out Peter for screwing up.
>The inevitable making amends with Peter.
>Probably one of him announcing Damage Control.

That leaves an odd scene out and I'd bet it averages to roughly 15 to 20 minutes of screentime.

I had no idea John Watts did Cop Car. that movie was fucking intense

>Aunt May is just a little older than Peter and is more big sister than sage parent.

She's like 50. What, is she playing like a 20 year old?

>We've already seen them.
Yeah, we've seen bits of 'em. We don't know the length of those scenes. That's my worry.

>is she playing like a 20 year old?
Probably 30s.

>Holland recorded himself on tape with Jon Bernthal
Spidey/Punisher teamup. Make it happen.

>no Daily Bugle
FUCK

>there’s a web that can tase people.
No
NO

>The Shocker's gauntlets are modified versions of Crossbones's gauntlets
Fuck this shit. I want my Shocker to be a loser with some very specific tech knowledge.

I think its probably more a reference to the electrified webbing CEO Peter has in Slott's current run.

>to be a loser with some very specific tech knowledge
....and how would having a modified version of Crossbone's gauntlets have any impact on that at all? What you want could still be exactly how he is in the movie.

There are at least two Shockers in the movie. Booker is more slick, professional one(think Spectacular Spider Man cartoon) and another, played by Logan Marshall-Green is the one I have high hopes for.
I also might've overreacted. Crossbones's gauntlets are basically powerfists with blades, no vibro-tech, no nothing.
I Logan's Shocker is the one to actually make the tech, I'll be happy. But the presence of Tinkerer in the movie makes me anxious.

Logan Marshall-Green is not a Shocker.

You sure about that?

>Booker is more slick, professional one(think Spectacular Spider Man cartoon) and another, played by Logan Marshall-Green is the one I have high hopes for.

You've already seen the movie? Spoil everything, user.

>Hannibal Buress plays a coach at the school
All spiders the same.

Speculation, based on the trailers, set leaks, imdb and actor's abilities.

>The producers said they want to keep Peter Parker in high school for as long as possible.
Whhhhhhhhy?

>Laser gun

Yes.

>The Spidey suit has a voice inside of it and once the “training wheels” are taken off, and Peter discovers a lot of new features in the suit Tony designed
Please tell me they won't do the Iron Man face shots...

He looks like a Shocker but his role is of yet unconfirmed.

>here are no specific references to the Marvel Netflix “ground level” characters like Daredevil and Luke Cage.
>There’s no mention of Oscorp in the movie. They wanted to not mention any of the past villains or characters with a couple of exceptions like Aunt May or Flash.
>There’s also no Daily Bugle in the movie.
These three things dont' fill me with hope.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that he's playing Shocker #1 while Bookem is Shocker #2/ Herman Shultz. Might've been the leaks. And that's what I would've gone with, really.
Losing your tech and even your codename before you become famous? That's classic Shocker.

Also given to Peter as SHIELD tech in the USM cartoon

>>New York is being presented a little more realistically, without so much crime and violence. Producers made sure to point out there won't be gangs of criminals lurking in alleyways as there were in Raimi's and Webb's films.

Safe New York City is really realistic!

Have you seen her body recently she can still pull mid to late 30's

>Producers are avoiding the staples of the Raimi-Webb movies (Gwen Stacy, Mary-Jane Watson, Harry Osborn, OsCorp, The Daily Bugle, etc.) as much as possible. They want to keep Peter in high school as much as possible and HOMECOMING's young cast (Liz, Ned, Michelle and Flash) are in it for the long haul.
Fuck, I knew it.

Damn it. They won't even let him go to college will they?

Hell I'd bang her.

Will be the last good Spider-man adaptation well ever see?

As if anyone cares about Iron Man 5 with "featuring spiderman" in tiny letters at the bottom.

If Stark built him a suit that can do allkinds of amazing things whats the point of being bit by a spider in the first place? Like Stark couldnt add adhesive grip and enhanced strength?

Whats the point of this Spider Man in a Tony Stark world?