Kirk Douglas

What's next for his career?

Leading the army of the undead to devour us.

eternal life

What's some good Kirk-kino?

Spartacus.
Can't recall any others but there are alot of better movies of his.

1 day until he turns 101 years old, OP. Don't jinx it by making your thread early.

Douglas sounds like a Scottish name is kirk Scottish?

He's replacing Ben Affleck as Batman. Screenshot this.

paths of glory my dude

I'd watch it, truth be told.

Ace in the Hole.

Absolute Kino.

Wasn't Douglas an absolute incorrigible asshole and impossible to work with, nearly reaching Brando levels of sabotaging films?

>MISUNDERSTOOD GENIUS!

Immortality

He's about as Jewish as humanly possible
and I don't give a shit because I genuinely enjoy how movies and I'm not some autist from Sup Forums

That describes like 94% of great artists, businessmen and politicians the world over throughout history.

>Don't jinx it by making your thread early.
>The Oscar-winning icon, who turned 100 last year, was due to fly to New York on a private jet owned by producer Mike Todd, the third husband of Elizabeth Taylor and a close friend, to meet former President Harry Truman.
>The night before his pregnant wife Anne told him she had a “strange feeling” about the trip and pleaded with him not to go, leading to a fierce argument described in their joint memoir, due out next month.
>The following morning, March 22, 1958, they turned on their radio to learn that Todd’s jet had crashed in New Mexico, with no survivors.
He's got premonition on his side. He'll be fine.

>Wasn't Douglas an absolute incorrigible asshole and impossible to work with, nearly reaching Brando levels of sabotaging films?

Douglas was combative about characters and motivations and "challenged the director every step of the way". Probably very douchy and irritating, but most of the complaints about his methods were actually related to his acting style and trying to understand and strengthen the roles.

Brando was just a trolling piece of shit who would delay shooting so he could sit in a river and look at rocks, or demand to wear an ice bucket on his head for a whole scene because fuck you I'm Brando.

So would I, maybe we should start a petition.

Saturn 3 and There Was a Crooked Man. In the former you see his saurian asscheeks, and in the latter you see both his ass and his coinpurse from behind.

He'd legitimately make a great old Batman from The Dark Knight Returns if they ever did a live-action adaption of it.

Death

Also, Kirk Douglas was a bad actor. If you wanted him to play anything but a smug jaw-clenching misogynist who keeps taking his shirt off for no reason, you were shit outta luck. Like most stars of his generation and the two before it, he had one thing he could do and he did it every time - making him work was a question of situating that thing to its best advantage while minimizing its deleterious effects on the other elements of the film.

>What's some good Kirk-kino?

"Yellow" and episode of Tales from the Crypt he did with Eric Douglas (RIP), Dan Aykroyd and William Sadler. Not supernatural at all, just a gritty war drama with a good twist ending (originally filmed as a pilot for a Two Fisted Tales series that didn't get picked up, so they recycled it for Crypt).

Directed by Robert Zemeckis. Won an Emmy.

>101 years old

Kirk has lived long enough to see one son (Eric) die from a drug overdose and the other son (Michael) contract throat cancer from eating too much pussy. Did he live too long?

>throat cancer from eating too much pussy.

No, it was from indiscriminately eating yeasty pussy. He probably dealt with the blow of knowing that his son is a sleazy sex addict long before that.

>Dan Aykroyd

OK, while I'm here, I just want to ask - why is this man's surname pronounced "Ack-royd"? It looks like it should be "Ache-royd"?

What's the deal with Michael Douglas? Is he good or bad? Eating too much pussy makes him sound like he'd be liked here.

I liked him in Ant-Man.

actually Kirk had a pretty good range compared to most actors of his generation

Michaels a class act who bagged one of the sexiest (and craziest) broads in history. His kids are uggo though. Got beat by the ugly stick.

Crashing this plane

Growing a beard or dyeing your hair =|= "range".