Buyfag Thread

We have shelf threads but we never seem to have plain old statue threads like Sup Forums does.

This isn't a toy thread since these things aren't toys and can get you banned for posting in /toy/.

Anyway, post your gigantic wastes of money that only give you and a select number of weirdos pleasure, Sup Forums.

Talk about what you have, talk about what you've bought, talk about what you've been looking at.

This thread is somewhat inspired by the fags at statueforum. And here I thought Sup Forums had autists...

I don't really give a shit about Red Sonja but that's a nice statue.

Sideshow has a whole line of weird zombie statues that fit nicely in that category.

This is the only comic book related statue I own. I may get the Bombshells Mera to go with it.

Everything else I have are action figures and One Piece statues.

I like the direction they go with a lot of these.

Carhop Flash is just plain inspired.

How much did you pay for that Mandy statue, OP?

250 USD.

I don't know why the white pillow ones are cheaper, but I liked the clean look compared to all the fashion variants they had for her seat.

Only comic book statue I own is the Kotobukiya GA one. I do have a Bishoujo Sakura (from Street Fighter), a Cloud and Squall, and the Gintoki on the pic, though.

Is the ax the exclusive version? What the fuck is up with sideshow and their ax fetish?

>of all the kotos he could have goto

No the ax it's not the exclusive version. It's a regular accessory. The ax was actually was He-Man's first weapon, before the Power Sword.

Who is that saemon daemon in the back?

"Mandy" is a really generic name.

Thank you. Statue is better.

I own this max fleisher statue. There is also a pg statue but i don't have a pic on my phone

How the fuck is it managing to stand up?

It has a newspaper base

It's so hard to find good comic statues/figures that aren't based on an animated series or movie these days, especially if you want a really nice, expensive one.

There are some nice as FUCK statues of the trinity from BvS but I don't want the movie designs!

The Batman B&W artist series is one of the only consistent lines that look good to me.

Is it because, and I don't mean this as a joke, they're black and white? Just working in two colors helps make things look uniform.

Otherwise, as much as I hate recommending Kotobukiya, maybe you should look into theirs?

It's more just because they design the statues in a specific artist's style, I think they'd work fine in color as well IMO.

I know some of them actually are in color, or at least there are some statues that use the same art as a model.

I've never taken the plunge on Sup Forums related statueshit for myself. I have a bunch of 1/6 toys and smaller figures and my LCS has a huge collection of them available, but I can't seem to justify it just yet.

I did get pic related (which has a base, dunno why it's not in the image) as a gift for my sister, though.

I want this statue so bad it hurts

>zipper abs
I don't know if I hate the aesthetics of love the company for being ballsy enough to go through with it.

Why are toy collectors casuals when it comes to comics?

Dunno if you're actually talking about toy collectors or if you mean statue collectors, but if it's the latter, I'd have to say it's because statue companies who sell their figures for hundreds if not thousands of dollars have to make ones of characters with at least some proven appeal.

> when the only version you care about of a character that rarely gets merchandise was an exclusive

I always liked this figure, there aren't very many good cartoon figs out there. I would post horse show stuff, because I can shit on them all day but damn do they make some cool stuff. I don't have any Sup Forums stuff myself except for a couple garfield things.

At my actual LCS right now. It's nice to see some of these things in cases RL.

Fucking iPhones I swear.

Can anyone recommend some good Doctor Doom statues?
I'd love one for my display shelf but I can never find anything suitable. Either the style is off, the pose is terrible, the colour isn't quite right or the price is too steep.

I want every single Bombshells statue desu

All my recs disappeared at "price too steep"

How much is too dear?

Well, that's the problem.
If I price myself too low then everything decent goes out then window
Price too high then it's most of my paycheck gone
Throw them all out there and I'll take a look

You got 200 dollars?

Some of the older bowen pieces are great, might be able to afford them and find a decent price from a resale on eBay. As for the best statues of him, you're looking at more than 500 USD and up.

>$200.00
>that sculpt and paint
>Koto's notorious QC
This makes me sad.

I own a few pieces from Koto, never experienced bad QC. In fact some of my best pieces are from Koto.

Where have they been slacking off? Which line?

>250 USD.
Damn. I personally can't justify spending over $100 on a girly statue if you can't see her nips. I have a bunch of anime cast-off statues and I typically draw the line at $200.

If I had better income I would definitely pick up that Mandy though

To be fair, she is fairly huge. She's technically the same scale as Red Sonja, maybe 1:5, just with cartoony proportions.

If I had the money, a life-sized Spider-Gwen. In silicone. For... recreational reasons.

This is at my local store and he's thinking of having a sale next month to clear out everything to renovate...god it's beautiful but I don't think I could afford it even on sale

>5000 dollar Realgirl
>500 dollar Spider-Gwen commissioned tights
>15 dollar tube of KY

Seems like a reasonable request for a loan at any local bank.

wew...i..I think I want to fap to that, I mean read that

rotate your shit, cuntnugget.

I would take more pictures of her since there's an unfortunate lack of Mandy statue reviews out there, but I think she's one shade too far for a blue board even if she's mostly covering herself up.

Can't wait for Marvel's classic Avengers statues to release.

Well hell...

Sick statutes but how can you spend that much money on that? Id be too afraid they'd get broke.

Trick is to rotate it in the phone, save it, then rotate it again to the orientation you think it should go. And it would be nice to have a unified Avengers themed lineup, rather than the movie ones.

One day, they will be. I just make sure that it doesn't happen in my lifetime.

The Superman and Batman statues are really nice but I never liked them because their faces look ugly as shit.

>nice
>look ugly as shit

Well which one is it?

Do those even go on sale? Premium figs never really get hit with the discount hammer.

The statues are, as a whole, really nice and well made, it's just that the faces are a huge turnoff, but I can see how someone could overlook that and still enjoy them for what they are.

I can see that with the dude sculptures anyway.

how much?

I'm very close to buying that Red Sonja statue. It's really well done.

I dont know why... I dont know where this is from... (apparently "Iron man/Human 28" or something) but I really wanted pic related... that cartooney style is so fucking cool

I forget when I got this but it's been on my shelf for a while. Should I have gotten someone else?

>He doesn't know Tetsujin 28-go

One of the oldest Mechs out there, man. That's the OG daddy of the genre, along with Giant Robo

$699.99

;_;

That's what you get for lusting after a Grail piece.

At least it isn't a real Grail-Grail.

check em

probably knows.

Mirin

World's best Jobber :^)

Thanks user. Patience is a virtue, I waited like two years to get one off eBay for a good deal, like 80 bucks.

I love the character, but his guest appearances always seem to devolve into him losing control and wanting to destroy the world. Any fight against the embodiment of vengeance that doesn't end in defeat is jobbing big time, but his solo series are all great.

Consider posting her in an imgur gallery, friendo. Also be glad you only got her for $250, cause she's at least $300 now.

Maybe. Hell, if I ever get a lazy susan, I'd make a youtube video.

Please do, I wanna see more of this Mandy statue. I didn't even know one existed. The only thing I'm concerned about is the paintjob on the eyes. Looks like she may have lazy eye from the photostock images of her.

Yeah, like most of these figures, she has definitely got some angles.

holy moley thats cool

Where is the post man

You mean like this? I guess one won't kill me. Hope it isn't gonna flop weird like iPhone pics sometimes do.

The new Kotobukiya one that was just released is alot nicer and a lot cheaper.

She looks pretty good. I think you'll be fine because there is no explicit nudity (nipples, aerola, vagina).

Are there any exposed bits on her? Like can you see a nipple or vagina?

nice jacket

omega good job user

Nope, she's pretty... tasteful?

And if I'm being honest, she has the best paint job out of most of my stuff, even compared to the Kotobukiya and Sideshow figures.

I'd hope so. Paying $300 for an AMERICAN figure is a lot. But if it has that much high detail and high quality then it's worth it.

Do you have any other lewd figures like her? Also where did you buy her? Only place I can find her is some website called electrictiki.

Why are American figures mostly complete shit anyways?

How's winter in Australia this time of year?

I got her direct from one of the Electric Tiki crew, actually.

And I don't have any other lewd statues. ARH seems to be the place to find those though.

Trying to catch up to Japanese voodoo paint magic.

Anymore statues that shows Caps face

Even the sculpts and general presentations are usually pretty lacking when you compare it to Jap shit.
Especially when you compare articulated figures.

How's my collection of Bruce timm Animated Shows/Movies (Mostly Batman) looking so far?
I still need to get Under the red hood & Doomsday

I don't know but take a look at the Funko Toys.

American on the left
Japanese on the right

Anyone a fan of Clive Barker figures?

I don't know why the toys are so crappy man but western style high premium statues have always been equal in their own way compared to Japanese statues, and I have a bunch of "high quality" 90s street fighter figures that were laughable compared to what sideshow was pimping out back then.

>all that fuzz/dust/hair

ew

It took a tropical cyclone to break the heatwave on the East coast...

>but western style high premium statues have always been equal in their own way compared to Japanese statues
Then why do most of the statues in this thread have hasbro tier paint jobs?

>Captain B.J Blazkowicz is an alternate-universe Captain America where there's no serum or propaganda boy-toy, he's just a metahuman nazi-killing psychopath

How shit is my taste?

figures are all too small