GODLESS

How the fuck did they fuck this one up? 90% of the show was so good, did NOBODY at the studio realize the obvious out-of-place PC shit pulled you out of the story?

I've never seen a show that was so good have such obvious, retarded flaws

Other urls found in this thread:

smithsonianmag.com/history/lesser-known-history-african-american-cowboys-180962144/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like how nobody is giving you (you)s you bitchy retard.

(you) did

>make tomboy character
>introduce blacks in the west for no apparent reason
>half blood beta boy son and grandma living with shitskin white woman
>make the tomboy character a fucking lesbian

into the trash it goes. Beautiful cinematography and score though.

thanks for the bump, friend

>WAHHHH THERE ARE BLACKS IN ANOTHER FICTION! BETTER ADD IT TO THE LONG LIST OF MOVIES AND SHOWS I REFUSE TO WATCH WAHHH WAHHHH

>introduce blacks in the west for no apparent reason
black cowboys existed you imbecile Sup Forumstard

>blacks out west after the civil war
fine

>a cliche love interest between a young white deputy and a black daughter of a tough civil-war soldier who is then beaten when they get caught together
INTO THE TRASH

I don't think it feels like it was forced, Scott Frank probably did what he wanted to do. If it was forced by Netflix he did a good job integrating it. Maybe knifing the "race traitor" was a hidden message???

He means that Frank is forcing it in himself. His show is compromised by a heavy-handed inclusion of progressive political representation.

It's a single Black family living segregated from the White town. and they hate each other, and all but the girl deputy Whitey is trying to bleach get killed. It maybe the least diverse Netflix show in history.

Sure i can understand that, but if he was a full blown SJW he wouldn't have knifed the deputy or have the women sell the town for shit just so they can meet some men. But everyone has their own opinion.

You must meet a progressive quota to be a Netflix original production

So you're just a triggered baby?

>abloo abloo! Progressive ideas in fiction are bad! Abloo abloo!

you seem upset. Maybe you should go back to your hugbox website

Nope, I've just seen enough cliches for about 10 lifetimes.

>just turn off you brain and enjoy it, user

You're the one literally complaining, bud. Nice copy paste robot response though, ironic, given where we are.

There is legit nothing wrong with turning your brain off to enjoy fiction.

>cries about how progressivism hurts his feefees
>everyone else around him is upset though
Clockwork.

Historically, there were more black cowboys than white. Black people had incentive to leave the oppressive south and start over in the freer west.

That's how Sup Forumstards and Trumptards work, though.

They're so delusional, they think their deflection tactics are hot shit, but only make them look utter insane.

>everyone who disagrees with me is Sup Forums
schizoprehenia is a hell of a drug

you're talking to a mirror, fuckboy.

Nobody but Sup Forums defends Sup Forums, or gets defensive about being called Sup Forums. Welcome to Sup Forums, newfriend.

OP here, the progressive parts of this show didn't hurt my "fee-fees", it just made for a boring predictable show

when a show makes it's political message clear, it makes the plot predictable, and that makes a bad show

Nobody but neogaf goes on a website and complains incessantly about the largest board. Welcome to Sup Forums invader.

>muh neogaf meme
You aren't even trying, tourist.

KYS faggot, Sup Forums = Sup Forums

Uhhh...how about people who legitimately believe the current incarnation of Sup Forums is a cancer to Sup Forums?

Hint: It really is.

>muh Sup Forums obsession
Says the triggered invader

>It's the largest board
>so it good
>please no bully

>Uhhh...
>redditspacing
Yes user your opinion carries a lot of weight.

>it's the largest board
>so it's userbase will be present basically on every board
>crying about it non-stop and trying to beg the mods to stop it will do nothing
>but yet you never stop complaining

Ah yes, the classic Sup Forumstard deflection tactic is at play, trying to devalue my opinion because of some unofficial faggy ass posting style shit.

Your playbook is old and moldy now. Get new material, retard.

I like how you are hoping everyone forgets how you were the one complaining if you screech Sup Forums buzzwords loud enough.

Cry harder

>I have no idea what board rules are
>I have no concept of what containment is or means
Just go back already, fuck. Why is this hard for you?

I didn't say that. It's just apparent that some part of the show is focused on progressive representation.

Can you retards fuck off out of this thread, this thread is about Godless

Take your meta-memery to /qa/

TOPIC OF THIS THREAD: The obvious progressive agenda that got stuck into this show didn't fit in with the rest of the show(which was actually good) and made it predictable and unsatisfying

I mean how could ANYONE not know that the band of brave women would rise up and fight off the outlaws, by like, the 2nd episode? And that was LITERALLY the climax of the show.

>muh Sup Forums
Loving the obsession lads. Keep crying, whinging and redditspacing like crazy.

And nobody really gives a shit. What's the opposite? Pandering to some specific autismo on Sup Forums who wants...what?

>muh rules
*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You literally called me neogaf. Do you have the tism'?

women r so kewl n badass 222!! XD!!

This is just straight up not true lmao

>obvious out-of-place PC shit
Typical Sup Forums retard desperately trying, and failing, to articulate the reason he didn't like the show. "PC" being the only criticism he's able to conjure of anything, ever.

The show did indeed have problems, but "PC" had nothing to do with it.

Just because you fuck up boards by screeching off topic shit doesn't mean board rules don't exist, friendo. This seems all very simple.

>I should be allowed to pretend anyone who disagrees with me is from wherever I want, but they should not be allowed to do that back to me
cry about it

>try to make a thread about TV on Sup Forums that criticizes a progressive show
>thinking they won't autist-screech until the thread derailed and deleted

Like pottery

Only if you're retarded.

>muh rules
*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

It is.
smithsonianmag.com/history/lesser-known-history-african-american-cowboys-180962144/

>tagline of the show is “Welcome To No Man’s Land”
>it’s a show about a town full of women
Minor kek.

Anyway should I give it a watch because I dig westerns and usually if there’s an outstanding element I’ll forgive most flaws.

see >The obvious progressive agenda that got stuck into this show didn't fit in with the rest of the show(which was actually good) and made it predictable and unsatisfying
>I mean how could ANYONE not know that the band of brave women would rise up and fight off the outlaws, by like, the 2nd episode? And that was LITERALLY the climax of the show.

Why can't I criticize a heavy-handed progressive show without being a screeching Sup Forumstard? The ham-fisted agenda MADE it bad.

You sound fucking deranged.

>1 in 4
>there were more black cowboys than white
>25% is greater than 75%

OP here

worth a watch, but turn off your brain or you'll just be waiting for the end, because almost every element is predictable

The actual "western" setting was very well done

No clue where you got those percentages from, you act like every white oit West was a cowboy.

You should cry more about it you soft cunt.

People who have nothing and know it always resort to pulling reddit out of their ass. Quite a few of them are actual grown men.

>one in four cowboys were black

Because complaining that a show is peogressive isn't an argument. Go fuck off to Suadi Arabia if it rustles your aspies that much.

>no clue were you got those percentages from
>1 in 4
go back to school you fucking retard

You think it's bullshit because you don't want to give blacks anything.

Can I enjoy it if I don't care for sjw bullshit?

>defending reddit

Many of the white cowboys were not seen as "white" like the Irish or Polish. Before the later pulp fiction or movie romantizations cowboys had rough lives and a tough job no one wanted.

I just didn't like how Frank always seemed to have the same number of guys traveling with him even though they're dying all the time. was this an SJW conspiracy?

>didn't read the post
your opinion is discarded

>PC
>progressive agenda
No. Take your retarded manchild tears and fuck yourself.

The show having mostly female heroines/protagonists had nothing to do with the shows problems.

Fucking morons.

You made it sound like it was 24 percent of the population of cowboys, but how would you even come to that math? You didn't quantify what 1 out of 4 was percentage-wise, so how would you know unless you factored in how many black cowboys there were, how many cowboys (roughly) existed as a whole...and then 1 out of 4 of those cowboys being black?

Christ. You're dumb...you have no numbers on the AMOUNT of black cowboys and I don't think the article offers that.

In that post it clearly says that the heavy-handed agenda made the entire plot predictable

I'm sorry that you enjoy predictable TV, how sad.

I clearly did? Are you illiterate?

>You didn't quantify what 1 out of 4 was percentage-wise
Go back to school you absolute fucking moron

1 out of 4 isn't a percentage...

Are you baiting me? 1 out of 4 is contextual to the numbers you are quantifying, depending on the sample sizes.

i'd gladly give them something

Lord only knows I love those.

I’ll give it a look. Sorry your thread got trashed by Sup Forumsbabbies.

user, 1 out of 4 varies in size depending on the population number:

1 out of 4 in a sample of 100,000

Is not the same as 1 out of 4 in a sample of 100

Do you think they are both the same number?

>the American public education system strikes again
Absolutely embarrassing. 1 out of 4 of any number is 25%. Go back to school you inbred brainlets and be glad this is an anonymous site.

Right, we all know that. That's not the argument here.

>n-no I'm n-not r-retarded
Original claim
>Historically, there were more black cowboys than white. Black people had incentive to leave the oppressive south and start over in the freer west.
Evidence provided
Article clearly states 1 in 4 cowboys were black. So explain to me how 25% is bigger than 75%.

>Pandering to some specific autismo on Sup Forums who wants...what?
How about art created for the sake of art and not as a vehicle for arbitrary "progressive" dogshit?

>white and black are the only races in the world

>BETTER
Indeed, better.

I'm not that other user, I did post the article and his point was that there were more non white cowboys than white.

>Progressivism is arbitrary and dogshit
Then again, move to Saudi Arabia where women are literally property and you can marry off your daughters to rapists if being in a free society bothers you so much.

>Uhhh...how about people who legitimately believe the current incarnation of Sup Forums is a cancer to Sup Forums?
LOL.
Sup Forums IS cancer newfag.

Can you retards even explain what part of progressivism bothers you so much? Christ, it's such a cringy complaint and makes you look like an sjw.

>there were more black cowboys than white
In order for you faggots to convince yourself this is true you would need to believe 51% of cowboys were Indian or Asian.

Or you know, Mexican...?

Source then. This is patently untrue and I'm tired of hearing this meme pushed. Blacks are 12% of the population now and closer to 6% of the population then, the majority of them slaves. Cowboys and ranchers have always been almost entirely represented by whites. The only major group of minority Cowboys would be Mexican and mestizo vaqueros. Black cowboys were not common at all, end this historical revisionism.

>TOPIC OF THIS THREAD: The obvious progressive agenda that got stuck into this show didn't fit in with the rest of the show(which was actually good) and made it predictable and unsatisfying
>Why can't I criticize a heavy-handed progressive show without being a screeching Sup Forumstard? The ham-fisted agenda MADE it bad.

So is that really the only problem you have with the show?

That's...kinda stupid. Its not like they killed a major character, which derailed the direction it was heading towards or something.

Hence the sudden shift to "fuck Sup Forums", pal.

>Black cowboys were not common at all, end this historical revisionism.
I literally posted a Smithsonian article showing you that 25 percent of the western frontier cowboy population and career field, was filled with blacks moving west after the Civil War...

You can't reason with Sup Forumstards.

Anything that pokes a hole in their Trumptardian bubble makes their fee fees sad.

>White Americans seeking cheap land—and sometimes evading debt in the United States—began moving to the Spanish (and, later, Mexican) territory of Texas during the first half of the 19th century. Though the Mexican government opposed slavery, Americans brought slaves with them as they settled the frontier and established cotton farms and cattle ranches. By 1825, slaves accounted for nearly 25 percent of the Texas settler population. By 1860, fifteen years after it became part of the Union, that number had risen to over 30 percent—that year’s census reported 182,566 slaves living in Texas. As an increasingly significant new slave state, Texas joined the Confederacy in 1861. Though the Civil War hardly reached Texas soil, many white Texans took up arms to fight alongside their brethren in the East.

>Freed blacks skilled in herding cattle found themselves in even greater demand when ranchers began selling their livestock in northern states, where beef was nearly ten times more valuable than it was in cattle-inundated Texas. The lack of significant railroads in the state meant that enormous herds of cattle needed to be physically moved to shipping points in Kansas, Colorado and Missouri. Rounding up herds on horseback, cowboys traversed unforgiving trails fraught with harsh environmental conditions and attacks from Native Americans defending their lands.

>African-American cowboys faced discrimination in the towns they passed through—they were barred from eating at certain restaurants or staying in certain hotels, for example—but within their crews, they found respect and a level of equality unknown to other African-Americans of the era.

Fuck off (((Noel Ignatiev))), just because a European was discriminated against by other Europeans doesn't mean they were considered to be niggers.

>"b-but the Irish weren't white I read it in a book!"
meanwhile in reality they were allowed to vote while niggers, Indians, and Chinamen couldn't

I have 2 episodes left, doubt that I'll finish it. They went completely overboard with the SJ shit. A town full of women threatened by outlaws is an interesting concept, but they had to stick in blacks, indian raised by
whites, an interracial relationship, lesbians and I'm probably forgetting some.
Also Jeff Daniels overacts in everything, 4/10 right-click-delete.

I hope you don't enjoy anything.