Why did he always order it "tea, earle grey, hot"?

Why did he always order it "tea, earle grey, hot"?

Does anyone drink earle grey cold? If so this has to be rare, and the computer would reasonably assume he wants it hot.

Why not ask for the usual? The computer, examining his order history, would know he wants earl grey tea.

>Reminder that people on starships consume drinks made from recycled feces

Not like they're going to let all that matter go to waste (pun intended).

Sometimes he might want it extra hot, warm or cold.

"hot" is subjective as fuck. He should be telling the computer exactly what temperature he wants the tea to be, surely he must know what temp is best for him after how much of it he has drunken.

What's the password?

i say the same to the barista at the coffee shops i go to

sometimes they make weird cold teas

Earl grey iced tea
He probably did that once and programmed a standard temperature.

Earl Grey is ok tea i like it.

for a few years i drank earl grey with the bag left to brew for ten minutes.
now i can't stand the stuff.
what went wrong?

Considering people usually need to specify temperature, it can be assumed that he has it pre-programmed to understand "hot" as the specific temperature so he can save time when he wasn't a drink.

>be on USS Enterprise D
>want a cup of tea
>ask the computer for "the usual"
>holodeck malfunctions, computer gains sentience, antimatter injectors lock open
>mfw

>planet named TURKana IV
>literal rape gangs chasing after white women

How prophetic was Gene?

Shinzon knew this

Turks were known rapists back then too mate.
Many a hippie on the magic bus (a bus from western europe to India) were raped or almost raped whilst passing through Turkey and the Middle East.
Also, the massive wave of Turkish immigration to Germany brought with it an increase in all crimes, but mostly sex crimes.

Computers can't assume, they can only default. He's clearly categorically narrowing down what he wants.

if the computer is so dumb he should add
>in a cup

All beverages go in a cup, you probably couldn't get it any other way even if you wanted to.

My phone fucked me over when they were first trotting out the voice-search function. Supposedly, you could say, "tea, earl grey, hot" and it'd tell you that it wasn't a replicator. However, my phone spat out:

>teen
>girls
>hot
>Searching

FUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Are humans the only species that doesn't have a proper name for their homeworld? Earth is named after the soil your standing on. No glorious Cardassia named after the species, or Vulcan for that matter. I always cringe when colonists tried and gave their worlds weird names like Heaven or Angel Prime, just a long chain of letters like Abrosialatura V.

Nobody will read this, but when people specify tea like that as “hot”, it’s because some people prefer it piping hot while others prefer it warm enough to drink right away.

Yeah, personally my tongue can't handle hot, but I've seen builders with asbestos mouths who just chug practically boiling coffee.

So he's supposed to program a macro in so he just shouts TEA!! ?

Most teas have recommended cooking temps so the computer probably sets it to that

Maybe you have to pay a premium for that not to happen

"hot" is his personal subjective perspective. The standard temperature that the replicator creates the tea at is too cold for his preference, so he tells the replicator that he wants it hotter than normal.

dubs of truth

*you arrive on TURKana IV*