Hit me with some good(bad) examples of recent comics doing this!

Hit me with some good(bad) examples of recent comics doing this!

Piss off

America Chavez
Hellcat

How about you use one of the other million threads, retard?

Landwhale female superhero meets her role model, HILLARY CLINTON

They'd be exactly right. I absolutely don't want their hand-over-fist social justice shoved in my face. And I will continue ignoring Marvel until the duration of this edgy phase ends.

>lets turn everyone black and female
>wah why isnt it selling FUCKING RACSIST

I like how they make it sound like we're the bad guys here
If you had well written characters and stories I wouldn't care what race/gender/sexuality they were
But no
We have characters who's entire "personality" is based solely on their race/gender/sexuality and that they're "so much better" than the hero who they're legacy-ing

What the fuck?!
Seriously, how can someone like this?

havent read it, but this sounds like that to me?

"omg muh immigrants are people" leftist agenda? tell me if im wrong

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

> Please tell me if I like something!!

Why should i read some r63 as a replacement with a bad writing and no substance?

>Holy Menstruation

i saw the cover and, knowing how extremely SJW comics have become in the last 3 years, i thought "they made a story where superman is a metaphor for immigrants since hes technically an illegal alien, and we'll make eveyone empathize with immigrants through superman"

but i dont know that this is the case, cuz i only saw the cover, so i might be completely off

1/10 made me respond.

That's fucking bad.

No it's not like that
There's a storytime of it currently up right now on this very board

what did you really want out of a Hellcat book?

What's worse is that it's getting 10/10 reviews from comic sites, while users give it a 4/10.

oh, sweet

Guess Marvel is way worse at it

those fucks

>Doing it right
Pre-Secret Wars Ms Marvel

>Doing it wrong
Post-Secret Wars Ms Marvel

For it to stop existing.

Yep and I won't be reading any of their books till all this shit is gone

If by "diversity" he means "stupid editorial mandates based on pure market research that unnecessarily hamper the creativity of their bests assets by imposing shoe-horned shallow caricatures into their works" then yeah, I've been alienated by it. Unless you're a drooling, mouth-breathing, far-sniffing Sup Forumstard you're not going to have a problem with diversity. What you will have a problem with is the blatant, low-effort pandering that doesn't serve the story in any meaningful way.

Oh hey, that screencap from a Digital First series that no one read has appeared again!

Holy shit, you're an idiot.

Not slice of life, everyone is gay and has highlights.

>mfw I understand what drove Sup Forums to their madness now

(You)

Yes this post is accurate
Image unrelated obviously though

>Holy menstruation

How to write dialouge 101

So you understand how fucking pathetic they are then to get upset by something so stupid, so irrelevant and easily ignored? Good.

Still mad at this, it's way too much out of character, an honorable warrior wouldn't never do this.

You seem upset

DELET THIS

Your red nose is showing.

the entire industry that you are a fan of (based on you being here) is actively working against you, trying to "reject" your fandom, and make different people like it.

its as if Lynyrd Skynyrd said "fuck all you rednecks, we hate rednecks now. We're gonna start making music for mexicans, and shit on rednecks constantly". Youre the redneck in this situation

>the entire industry that you are a fan of

Marvel is the entire industry? Who knew!

In other words, the Sup Forums safe space is being invaded.

>Judging a book by it's cover

Diversity is not the reason Marvel sales are tanking. If that were true, DC would be in the same boat, but they're not. I mean, its main Green Lanterns book is a buddy cop story about a Muslim man falsely accused of terrorism, and an agoraphobic Latina woman living with anxiety. And it's actually great. Cyborg has a legitimately good solo book right now, and the majority of the book concerns black characters living in Detroit. But more importantly, the authors of these characters are taking their time to flesh out these stories, and not rushing them into any events or line-wide crossovers. Meanwhile, Riri Williams spun out of Civil War II, an ungodly trainwreck of an event that fans almost universally reviled. That crossover left a bad taste in everyone's mouths, and considering that like Civil War II, Riri's comic is also written by Bendis, it's not surprising people aren't very receptive. Similarly, the Miles Morales book is also written by Bendis (and similarly shoved into Civil War II without much of a reason for him being there). But what I think is the most important about these characters that Marvel is screwing up, is that they have no idea of the concept of patience. Kamala Khan was a superhero for all of three weeks before she was asked to join the Avengers, and then suddenly became a massive player in the Marvel Universe. That doesn't feel natural, it feels like a character that's being pushed on us. After all, Kamala was supposed to be a fangirl at heart. Suddenly being the celebrity is a jarring shift. The only reason it's worked out is because her writer, G. Willow Wilson, is actually good at her job, and has kept Kamala's solo book on an even keel.

Fuck Marvel. They'll go ahead and blame the market, they'll blame DC comics, they'll blame their fans for not wanting diversity, but they never blame themselves for writing bad stories.

lol enjoying your cuck shit i tried to warn you and you laughed at me

@91253662
LMFAO @ YOU STILL.

see, there's two types of diversity.

there's "here's a new black female superhero Miss Awesome ain't she cool"

and then there's "here's a new black female character, she's IronMan now"

any sane person could tell you why one works and the other is rejected

Yeah, keep calling them pathetic, that will fix everything.

>holy menstruation
How something that fucks up women each month can be holy?

If anything can be named holy, it's conception, something that fucks up women each month and something men throw away like it was nothing on a regular basis join together to form life.

This comic its retarded, I can't even see a women saying her menstruation its holy, if anything they fucking hate those days.

Fucking
This

Why can't they just introduce actually fresh and likable characters than fucking with predefined ones. Like how Rowling just up and said "lol hermione is Black now" after what? 20 years of her locked into everyone's mind with a mental image.

What the fuck is up with her (((nose)))?

can't even reply enjoy your comic industry being destroyed from with in by commies

>there's "here's a new black female superhero Miss Awesome ain't she cool"

That doesn't always work either, you have to make the reader like her and think she's cool instead of just saying it until the reader believes it or not

Look at Kamala

Excelsior, true believer.

@91253810
>laughs at you
>you respond by giving me a (YOU)
LMFAO

I don't generally factor the politics of the creators or the corporations that employ them into my media consumption choices. I generally read books and listen to music based mostly on whether or not I'm enjoying the book or the music.

>so hip

this is why conservatism is the "new cool"

Neither of those work because they highlight the race.

Why is it so hard for people to write characters who belong to minority groups without going to 70s blacksploitation levels of pandering to do it?

Remember the Immonen Hellcat book? That is what I wanted.

>This campus is a SAFE SPACE!
>For everyone but YOU!

>thumbnail
I don't even know why this edit exists, but it amuses me.

How is any of this communist? This is just typical neoliberal commodification of minority culture to sell it to people who are "woke".

Because they want the new characters NOW and can't be bothered planning ahead by getting new characters over as a part of a team or starting them out as a villain or any of the other tried and true methods of getting someone new over. It'd help if they had some kind of successful anthology book to test characters out in but they ultimately eat shit too quickly or are too obviously a "PLEASE LOVE THIS CHARACTER" rather than a testing ground.

I almost never get a chance to post it either.

I mean... do these people never stop, read this shit out loud and say to themselves "gee, that's fucking retarded"?

tell me this is an edit

This actually made me laugh. I'm trying to come up with alternatives to cursing around my son and it seems like something I'd say.

Wasn't that the point? These were bad guys, weren't they?

Except those were the villains and they were making fun of sensitive liberals.

Yeah, because pretending to worship a frog and calling a 70 grandpa who spends his time getting mad on Twitter and golfing your daddy is fucking rad.

>the Bombshells are here to teach you some tolerance -- OR ELSE!

I genuinely hate this page can point out who reads comics in this thread, cause those were strawmen bad guys for that issue, and it was fucking hilarious.

Wow. I don't hate Hillary and I still think she would act more like Lex Luthor.

Ignore the howling on both sides and just go about your life being mildly irritated by the dumbasses, like everyone else.

They were, pay that user no mind, he's the type of user to bitch about shit he doesn't even read.

>F-fuck you, we didn't want your racist money anyways

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Fucking this
I am very happy to read books starring diverse characters (Green Lanterns, New Super-Man, i'd read a war machine solo if there was one...)
I am simply not interested in reading books ABOUT the fact that their characters are diverse (Nu-Marvel)

well, Poe´s law and all that shit.

It depends on what comics you read but in general Sup Forums and retards from pol don't read comics.

It isn't. People do it all the time. All that's going on here is that weak writers are being hired for the strength of their ideas, and they're just ultimately failing to convert a premise that could have sold books into a well written story.

From an editorial perspective, mediocre books are inevitable when trying to keep up the volume of output. At least this way books garner attention by being politically or culturally charged instead of simply fizzling and dying like every other bad book.

>Holy Menstruation

This would be like if those evil patriarchal cultures said shit like "Holy Ejaculation"

Isn't her LI a handsome fit guy? Such hypocrisy.

>And I will continue ignoring Marvel until the duration of this edgy phase ends.
>edgy phase
This current trend in comics is the complete opposite of edgy. Rape stories are dead, unless it's a guy getting raped. There are no hard-hitting dramatic twists. All the stories now are about accepting various races and sexual preferences. It's about becoming a big safe, quirky hugbox, fighting against the tyranny of straight white males.

STOP CLAIMING HIM YOU DAMN COMMIES

Well, here's your chance to see just how far off the mark you shot it.

Some of my favorite books are female lead.

But they're actually well written.

Yeah but given the wider context of the comic it's in, it still comes across as insanely hypocritical.

more accurately, there's
>here's a new character, let's show you how cool this new character is and tell you a great story about this new character. oh yeah, and the new character just happens to be [minority]. (eg: New Super-Man)

and then there's
>here's a new black female superhero, Miss Awesome, who's so awesome we're going to have everyone tell you how awesome she is and you're just going to have to accept it. If you don't like her you're RACIST and SEXIST (eg America)
and
>here's a new black female superhero, Miss Legacy Replacement, who is so much smarter/better than the guy she's replacing and if you don't agree you're RACIST and SEXIST (eg, Ironheart)

Marvel's going with the latter two, using diversity as a crutch and a scapegoat to excuse bad writing/art. They're blaming the audience for being racist instead of taking the blame for churning out shit books with shit writing and shit art.

cultural Marxism try keep up old man

This

That jihadi kid on the left is smug as fuck

Is this real?

Why does he have a bomb vest? Is this an edit?

Marvel Diversity push POWER RANKINGS

Gwenpool
Captain Falcon
Kamala Ms Marvel
Cho Hulk
Moon Girl
Hawkeye Girl
Miles Morales, Spiderman-- Baseline. Since Miles is so decompressed that he practically does NOTHING, all shit below this line is worse than nothing.

Squirrel Girl
A force
Carol Danvers Captain Marvel

--- HERE THERE BE DRAGONS
Post Manara SpiderWoman
Whor
Mockingbird
Patsy Walker, Hellcat
Riri iron man
Champions
America Chavez, Solo run

--
Not sure where to place, because I haven't read enough

X-23 wolverine
Mosaic
Gay Iceman
Vivi.
Tai Nehi Coates Black Panther

Discuss Bitch, Make DC version. Call me a faggot.

doesnt the lasso make people speak only the truth

Which ones right now? I like Shade,
and Elektra right now

imagine the smell...

I'll tell you when I'll go back to Marvel. Reset the Avengers back a few years. Bring back the X-Men of the 1990s thereabouts (the real X-Men). Bring back Wolverine from the dead. And abandon the diversity push. As an ethnic minority (hispanic), I don't give a shit about seeing "my people" represented. I want to see the characters I've grown up with fight evil and save the world.

The world's already filled with too much social commentary. Let's go back to the beautiful simplicity of the X-Men fighting Magneto on Asteroid M or something, lead by a Cyclops who isn't a madman and a Professor X who isn't treated like dogshit by everyone around him.

Or hell they can just have the Void Come back, kill everybody and reboot it.

The fact that Marvel isn't doing that, in my eyes, is the most damning indictment. Whenever they publish new minority characters, the books struggle and usually fail. They almost never are able to stand on their own two feet for long.

When Marvel has to sneak them over the border by having them don the guises of classic characters (and supplant them), it's a cynical admission of failure on Marvel's part about their inability to get readers to embrace wholly new characters. They just can't make them popular, so they remove the element of choice. Now the ongoing adventures of Thor is She-Thor, and if you want to read about Thor, that's your only option.

Sup Forums does read comics. People on Sup Forums just feel the need to discuss comics they haven't read with just as much vehemence as the ones they have.

Saying "well you didn't read it!" is just an easy route for someone with shit taste to defend themselves. Don't give those people the option.

>Pro muslim
>Pro gay

They didn't think this one through, did they?