I don't think "redpill" is the right word...

I don't think "redpill" is the right word, but what would you call it when an artist wises up to the tumblr crowd and their buying practices?

painting the red nose?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=tumblr nose
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's called "user is so retarded they need a twitter thread to feel less so".

What did they expect when they tried to appeal to Marxists? Of course they're not going to pay when they can "share".

Maybe it's time to get a real job at that point?

Sensable?

Nosepilled

OPs with twitter posts should be banned on sight

Maybe you should write better stories and dialogue than just mindlessly pandering to interest groups you dumb bitch.

If not, then quit and get a DIFFERENT FUCKING JOB.

Realisation.

Redpill works in the not-pol, not-pua way. But, yeah, getting paid is the hardest part of being an artist. You gotta get that patreon going, sell the CULTURE REFERENCE t-shirts or find a way to get schools to buy your books. Otherwise it's just a hobby.

tumblr's comic images come from Sup Forums though

they could've replaced tumblr with reddit or whatever and it wouldn't change a thing

>selling a skill isn't a real job
Okay, dude.

>What good is being a popular creator if it doesn't get me paid? me me me, money money money.

>you must be over 18 to post here

Excuse you user I am a humble OP and this is a board of peace.

But yes, it's interesting/unfortunate to see that, with the Internet being so great for accessibility and reach is now coming back around to bite people in the ass. I thought most artist had this covered now with webcomics+ad sense and the occasional merchandise?

>no solution other then yelling into a void
Or you know, stop pandering to people who don't buy shit.

she lost me with that final tweet, >we don't want diverse comics, if we did we would have been buying them

it was probably a homestuck fan

C'mon now, getting paid is important. Would you keep doing your job if you weren't getting paid?

Are you retarded or just acting retarded?

Who is she, and what comic is she talking about?

>redpill
Fuck off

What do you expect being an artist for living? Honestly, did she really think she would actually make a decent living? Kek.

Rednosed

Honked

If you can't sell, it's not worth anything.

Sup Forums literally does this. Stop acting like we're not part of the problem.

I believe it's called "hate speech"

Wouldn't the solution to this be an easy, convenient comic distribution site anyone from various countries can use? Sort of like what Netflix and Steam did to reduce pirated media for their respective mediums?

She's just another rank-in-file independent comic artist who I think can appeal to younger viewers but doesn't have the chops to break through with other commercial work. I assume that's how a lot of the older artists made their way.

> honked

I like it.

Fun fact, if she were to take a job at Walmart and not get fired in the first six months, her starting pay would be double the number she quoted.

Ads are worth less now than ever and you don't even get ad revenue when people torrent or share on tubmlr.

Make something worth buying and people will buy it.

This has been proven time and time again with people who pirate.

>Stop acting like we're not part of the problem
>Problem
>We
Sup Forumsmblr is real

>implying Sup Forums dump didn't sway me to buy 80$+ worth of Hellboy in a single month

Realistically this is her best bet. People cry a fucking river about artists moving to patreon, but they never would have in the first place if people just bought their shit instead of pirating it.

Can someone post examples of this supposed tumblr "red nose" thing? I always see Sup Forums talking about it but have never actually seen it anywhere.

If you don't know how to leverage your own popularity to more cash, then you're working against yourself

If your skill is only getting you $5 an hour, you either aren't very good at it or you don't know how to market yourself properly. Either way, you have to be practical about making a living.

If something is worth your time and effort to pirate, it's worth your money.

>never actually seen it anywhere.
>literally in the op

Come on now

more like what did she expect trying to be a comic book creator

she should have another job as security or use her stuff as portfolio material because there's no guarantee your book is going to sell

>a real job

No.

If I enjoy it, I buy the official version. If not, I don't give them a single cent.

Anytime, user.

Do Tumblr and reddit even have storytimes? She's just railing against something based on incorrect information. I bet those people were talking about excerpts from her comics.

Yeah but you would still be working at Walmart.

She doesn't have a red nose, she's blushing across her face.

lmgtfy.com/?q=tumblr nose

huh, someone should really make a site like that

I dont mind paying a sub if I can read foreign comics without having to rely on shlubby unpaid translators

>I literally had to move to a remote cabin in the middle of nowhere to afford to live. And had to cancel my heath insurance

No one made this person do this. She chose to pursue a profession that isn't an instant pay out.

I'm going to go find this girls shit and pirate all of it and not read it, just out of spite now. She has some good points, but this "woe is me" shit is not how you survive in the world

> I only have to pay for a product I've used if I liked it

Didn't Slipshine try that and were completely hammered for it?

Pirating takes nearly no effort compared to the work needed to earn the money to buy something.

they dont, those sites arent built for that type of activity

at best you'd see an out-of-context page posted by a fan

I've seen the occasional link on tumblr to full comic dumps they store on imgur. I'm assuming reddit does the same thing since they use imgur for fucking everything.

Isn't that basically the "Comix" app minus independent artists like OP's pic being able to post on it?

How many people are buying things after pirating them? Is it really such a significant amount? How many people go "wow that was a good comic, i'm gonna go and buy it so it can rot on my shelf". Is this any hard evidence that the majority of people who enjoy things that they pirate go and buy it afterwards?

A great many industries do have consumer friendly return/refund policies, yes.

>Implying "try before you buy" is a bad model

They already have this for Manga and Anime, as Crunchyroll.

Marvel and DC don't want that because they think they make more currently. Plus other factors (such as comic books being much faster to read than watching a show on Netflix, meaning you'll go through all the content you want to see faster and cancel your subscription for a while, and rejoin after half a year and binge read again)

Numbers like that are basically impossible to confirm or deny without greatly reduced personal privacy

what?

>I'm going to go find this girls shit and pirate all of it and not read it, just out of spite now.

How would that hurt her? How is that anything but a gigantic waste of time?

For your own good kids. Don't let your parents tell you "art" is a marketable skill.

If you like creating art, you need to pay out of pocket with money you make doing something else. I don't like it either, but you're not going to "beat" the internet. People don't have the damn money to pay for printed copies of your shit.

>what would you call it when an artist wises up to the tumblr crowd and their buying practices?
I'd call it "wising up to the tumblr crowd and their buying practices".

Not everything needs a big fucking slogan to have people robotically repeat.

lol you're so autism