How was this character so fat, at a time when Rome was constantly near starvation?

How was this character so fat, at a time when Rome was constantly near starvation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QZeRkvvAKhI
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Glandular problem

The plebeians were starving, the upper middle class wasn't.

Genetics

Rome wasn't near starvation retard, the wealth was clearly trickling down.

True roman bread.

Most fat people actually had health issues that caused it back when we didn't have the absurd surplus we have now

He was a true Roman

No, most fat people ate more calories than they burned. Same as today.

"""""health issues""""" can't produce caloric energy, if it did, NASA would be studying your fucking love handles for the secrets of zero point energy.

Oratory really is a lost art.

>stands still the whole day eating TRVE ROMAN BREAD

there you go

you only have to eat twice as much as a slave to get fat, if someone can afford 2 or 3 slaves it is within reason

>wealth was clearly trickling down.
>he fell for the trickle down economics meme

Rome was starving cos this fat fuck was eating everything.

>GAIVS

>JVLIVS

>CAESAR

Lol

What do you mean? I haven't watched the show, was the fat man a great orator?

This.

>Tell the people I died well.
>I died Roman.

SNIVELRY
N
I
V
E
L
R
Y

youtu.be/QZeRkvvAKhI

television doesn't get any better than this

Romans went absolutely nuts about oration. Augustus allegedly scripted conversations with his wife so that he wouldn't end up saying too much or too little to her.

>wearing guyliner
>gets his subordinate to stab him
>dying Roman

I don't fuckin think so laddy

Augustus was a weaponized turbo-autist, he's not exactly an example of normal Roman behaviour.

>talking shit about based Marcus Antonius

that's how you get your soft pink hands nailed to the Senate doors

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? You assumed a man’s toga and at once turned it into a prostitute’s frock. At first you were a common rent boy; you charged a fix fee, and a steep one at that. Curio soon turned of, though, and took you off your game. You were as firmly wedded to Curio as if he had given you a married woman’s dress. No boy bought for lust was ever as much in his master’s power as you were in Curio’s. How many times did his father throw you out of his house? How many times did he set the watchmen to make sure you did not cross his front door? And yet under cover of night, driven by lust and money, you were let in through the roof tiles.

>being so fucking mad that you write fourteen speeches against him

at least he's being held as one of the fathers of modern prose, and his influence upon philosophy and literature is alive and well to this very day

This. 2000 years ago people still generated energy out of thin air. It was a different time.

He ate dogs and reptiles

Some rich people were fat even during the final years of the Goth siege. That time period taught me a lot. It got so bad restaurants were serving rats (they were delicious btw) but the worst of it all was the eventual cannibalism. When that shit became common and nights became a goddamn hide and seek game against butchers, I just had to get the fuck out of there. Sage advice to you all, when your country is at war and is clearly loosing, get the fuck out.

a-user?

I bet the Romans baited for (You)s all the time

they most certainly did
>III.5.3 (on the wall in the street); 8898: Theophilus, don’t perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

(Tu)

>Augustus
>autistic

I hate history brainlets. He was one of the most charismatic and successful politicians of all time. There's no way in hell he'd have survived 5 minutes in the politics of the late Republic if he'd not been a charming, savvy and ruthless motherfucker.

I do this. Normally for parties and stuff especially if I'm hosting. I'll brainstorm and keep a mental checklist of topics to talk about so there aren't any awkward silences and to keep a good flow.

People tell me I'm a good host and conversationalist so whatever.

this

holy fucking autism user

Rome was constantly near starvation BECAUSE he was so fat.

>literally payed in goods like true roman bread to shill on the street
if you stood around a few times a day reading from a tablet and spent the rest laying down stuffing your face you'd inflate too

V I L E
N I L O T I C
R I T E S

Thats not a terrible idea actually. Nothing worse then too much air in the conversation.

>be newsreader
>city guilds pay you to shill their goods
>politicians pay you to impose their narrative to the plebs

>go to the taberna with your friends to eat every night
>drink a lot of honeyed wine every day
>partake in weekly orgies and bacchanals like every other respectable citizen

>get fat

who's the one hosting parties here?

you are in the forum and this legionarius slaps your puella, quid facere?

that's what shilling for the guild of millers does to you

because rome is plebian shit filled with shitty writing

everyone already realized spartacus is a much more better show, which, surprise surprise, wasn't cancelled because it was actually good.

Roman life was actually pretty good.
It gets even better when you find out that everyone stopped working at 12 to go chill in the bathhouses.

...how do you know this of her

>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1863: Take hold of your servant girl whenever you want to; it’s your right

/ourguy/

oh I never forget a beat up pussy, like that of your whorefiu wife's. Even Anthony had a go....one or two times

>Make a living standing still and shouting about shit
>Go home and eat bread, olives and drink copious amounts of wine while lying down
Gee I fucking wonder.

I fucking love this meme.

I mean it is possible that some of them had trouble burning fat though, right? Not all of our health issues are purely a result of modern foods I assume.

Who was Best Girl, and why was it Octavia?

That's not a bad idea at all though. Some autists will think you're talking about adhering to a strict script, but as a host you should know certain things to talk about and avoid when hosting guests.

that curvy bitch that killed the german wife

Rome thread?
I've taken a few new reaction images from my recent watch

Script is bad, but what you're describing is more like notes. Notes are helpful. A script is autism.

Good on ya, conversation is an art and you have to come equipped.

He ate true Roman bread for true Romans.

Provided you don't mind all your food being covered in fermented fish-gut sauce....

Wrong. Eirene best girl.

instead the show was so bad that it gave the lead cancer and he died

He went started slamming his head into the walls because of Teutoburger Wald

So close, you meant to post her mother Atia

Sure, in the same way that Pam from Progressive is a great thespian.

>who is Pompey Son of Neptune

pretty clear Brutus was autistic i think

>m-muh republic

Christ fuck normies for making silence illegal

Rome got sieged? I would expect the goth just ran in and sacked the place

This is the worst bait i have ever seen. Rome is kino, Spartacus is some Sup Forums tier pleb trash.

"Plebian" didn't mean poor, and they made up many of the wealthiest families

Who are you quoting?

t-thanks user

spartacus was so bad i had to turn it off in the first episode. Rome hooked me immediately. kill yourself

who was best

>much more better

i see you homie, i see you

He was the only news broadcaster in the wealthiest city in the world at the time...

it includes them

>gets his subordinate to stab him
he propped the sword against vorenus and pulled himself into it

The first one, by an astral unit. What the fuck has he done since Rome anyway, that kid was amazing.

Nigga fish sauce is amazing. It's all umami.

If you've ever had Worcestershire sauce it's the same shit.

he quit acting right. yeah he was a fucking mazing!

Older one, but not by much

Damn, that's a shame. I guess he was too real for this shit.

your trolling right

>Upon hearing of the defeat, the Emperor Augustus, according to the Roman historian Suetonius in De vita Caesarum ("The Lives of the Caesars"), was so shaken that he stood butting his head against the walls of his palace, repeatedly shouting: "Quintili Vare, legiones redde!“ ('Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!')

Explain to me how anyone other than an autist can do some shit like this

now that both of these actors (im assuming) have aged a bit, and GOT is soon over, why doesnt HBO renew Rome with them as Augustus and Livia:The Later years. Im sure they can get Titus and Lucius and Agrippa and Atia and Octavia back as well, and center around the Teutoberg Forest battle and the intrigue over who would be heirTiberius (Augustus wife son, LMAO what a dumb cuck) Hell, they could even bring back that fat town crier guy

No, you're just a faggot

I Claudius already exists user

>when you start thinking ghosts of the past are talking to you through your autistic friend simulator.

> "MUH LEGIONS ABLOO BLOO BLOO"

My Brother of same stature
Historia Civilis > Spartacus > Baz Battles = Rome = Kings and Generals > I Claudius

This is an undisputed fact. This cannot be refuted

Season 1 and the mini series was alright. The rest was shit.

Am I a pleb for mentally putting Rome in a chronologically-sound spiritual trilogy of Rome -> The Borgias -> The Sopranos or is that actually an interesting way of looking at them