Why is it so hard to make fun of Korea in cartoons?

Why is it so hard to make fun of Korea in cartoons?

With Family Guy their core jokes were
>DUDE Samsung phone is a Kia car
>DUDE KPOP with English gibberish
>DUDE OLD PEOPLE

With China and Japan, and even the southeast Asian counties you can make a joke and it works. But with Korea it just falls flat or tries to hard. Is Korea just that uninteresting compared to others?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jNfJExx4UfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Making jokes about countries and races, specially like Family Guy does it, is basically using old sterotypes of said country or race. Stereotypes that everybodyknows.
Korea was not a famous or relevant country until recently, what stereotype are they going to use?

If they angered the slaves, then they might revolt

You mean South Korea? North Korea's pretty easy to make fun of. South Korea is just a normal country, there's not much to stereotype or make fun of that doesn't also apply to America

the fuck is Korea?

Having lived in Korea if you want to make fun of them for their actual flaws it can get pretty dark.

Examples range from their flawed education system which leads to super high suicide rates, one of the highest indexes of alcoholism due to people going to bars after work just cause they don't wanna be home or the ever present video game addiction that led to 2 parents forgetting they had a child for playing so much and starving him to death.

Unlike other countries with laughable issues Korea's issues are extremely toxic.

don't forgot the constant revolving doors of uber corrupt politicians

Well, I had a history describe them as the Irish of the far east.

youtube.com/watch?v=jNfJExx4UfM

the highest alcohol index, this is proof.

>Well, I had a history describe them as the Irish of the far east.

uh history teacher

>the constant revolving doors of uber corrupt politicians
Especially that recent one with their President being connected to some kind of religious cult or something

Isn't their government controlled by a group of mystical old ladies?

>expecting family guy to make a funny joke

Don't forget the fist fighting gang culture with shark toothed people, or the tendancy to kidnap buff americans and cut them up for organ parts if they don't look like they do steroids.

Or the extremely shallow women over there who extort men for money for a living.

Korea is like turbo America with all the bad aspects of most countriees wrapped up in one horrifying package.

Family guy thrives off stereotypes, the only stereotype i know about south korea is the high suicide rate, and the only thing most people know about north korea is ittybittyshitty dictator man.

The president's best friend was a shaman and she had been siphoning money to her for years. When questioned she said she was asking for shaman advice on how to run the country.

Man fuck soju, it tastes like watered down vodka. The only version that was passable was the grapefruit flavoured one.

Also fuck somek, their weird mix of soju and beer. It's disgusting.

Oh, how about the secret shadow cult government? That was a real doozy.

I didn't scandal also take down the CEO of Samsung?

Probably because most jokes about race are about stereotypes and regardless of any flaws that Korea actually has, none of them have manifested into stereotypes. Only one I can think of is the whole eating dog thing but that's not even unique to Korea.

Also most American's know literally nothing about Korea. Kind of hard to make jokes about a country no one knows about

It's like ripping into albania, who the fuck knows anything about albanians?

i know they smell of goats cheese

That was the kind of story that you only see in movies but fuck man.

Like there's actually a secret cult who was running the government for all those years. What the fuck

How they fear fans would kill them if left on in a room.

It is funny but like i said, family guy uses old stereotypes that are very popular among americans, and the fear of electric fans, and most of the stuff in this thread are not one of them.

link?

koreans seem like the most integrated to western society. Other than hong kong and singapore?

Their english is actually pretty damn good. But their tech and entertainment is pretty westaboo. Kpop is basically US urban RnB and pop.

Where as china and japan still have a heavy foothold in their own culture. So it's easier to think about them when they get lampooned with stereotypes. Family Guy's Korea stuff fell flat, they came close with the plastic surgery joke, but it wasn't enough.