Just finished Breaking Bad. Is this spinoff worth watching?

Just finished Breaking Bad. Is this spinoff worth watching?

It's not nearly as high stakes (yet?) as BB. It's pretty comfy though. Give the first season a watch.

no. It's tedious and contradicts so much of the breaking bad world. It's a good character study, but the show makes Saul and Mike completely different characters and fucks their much cooler implied backstories

It's better than BB. One of the best shows of recent years

Don't listen to this kid. He can't even be trusted to write proper sentences. Do you really think someone from his socioeconomic background has valid opinions on art?

It’s more worth watching than Breaking Bad.

Nope, its so damn boring

>i watch capeshit btw ;)

I prefer it to BB but that's probably because I'm not all that into crime stuff.
I love all the 'lawyering' in BCS but the Mike/criminal plotlines bore me. A lot of people are the other way around though.
As the show moves away from law stuff and more into criminal stuff I will probably enjoy it less.

Did you not like the Nacho stuff in season 3?

this
bcs is really clever

It's a slow burn but it's really good. Needs to pay off at the end though.

Yes if you watched BB watch Saul.

i'd say it's borderline better. less stakes, more intelligence

If Breaking Bad is Cheers, BCS is Frasier. If that makes any sense. Frasier you watch while drinking a nice scotch or tea. Cheers you watch drinking beer. It's comfy as fuck. Got it?

It's better than breaking bad but if you're a pleb you'll like brabad more

We don't know what happens up until breaking bad. For all we know is that their "real" character arcs are to come in the bcs timeline

>contradicts so much of the breaking bad world
Alright I'll bite, how does it contradict BB?

>this soyboy redditor analogy

To me, An episode of BCS typically feels shorter than an episode of BB. Can’t explain it, I guess I just really like the lawyer stuff.

>using soyboy unironically

Jesús Christo, don’t ever post on my shit again.

>reddit spacing
>whiteknighting for another man
Soy boy detected.

>most of the time is Mike looking through binoculars/waiting in a car/sitting in a window at night
>le Vince Gilligan “flash-fowards” in black and white are boring and stupid
>many reused shots from Breaking Bad that feel redundant
>Chuck and blonde are boring
>Saul goes from being a shitty version of Saul to a lesser version of Saul

Reviewers love it because TV’s gone downhill and they also don’t have to deal with “problematic” Walter White being a badass

If you watch BB for Saul or Mike, every time they talk about their past completely contradicts by showing the past of what actually happens in BCS. I know it's a show of arcs so maybe yeah, saying Jimmy and Saul aren't the same character seems okay. But rewatching BB after BCS you realize the only thing they really have in common is they are both played by the same actor.

Will Chuck still be alive in the upcoming season? As in, in a hospital either unconscious or feeling deeply depressed.

And considering that in Breaking Bad Mike sees Saul strictly as "someone from the job" and not a friend, could that mean they'll end up having some sort of conflict before the show ends?

Could you add an example to that? Since so far I see no contradictions in either character's past.

It's a comfy show if you look at it as an alternate reality that takes place in the BB universe. It does not feel like BB really though. At most maybe BB season 5 where things got a little clunkier

Are you retarded? Throwaway lines from Breaking Bad are expanded upon in BCS, and Saul’s also a habitual liar. BCS does not contradict BB, you just need to pay attention faggot.

one thing is that Mike has already gone through his brutal "half measures" experience in Philly along with his son's death so it doesn't make sense how he would go on to continue to make a ton of half measures (trying to do everything without violence) in dealing with the fucking cartel

BraBa was a horrible show for brain dead manchildren with a boring underlying plot that about 5% of Sup Forums gets. Hint:it wasn't Walt that broke bad.

BCS is a pure kino with an exhilarating plot but no explosions. The 5% who actually got BraBa love BCS.

>BCS does not contradict BB
I generally agree, but I don't see how the timeline with Mike's granddaughter works.

Okay. Smaller example because I can't remember of the top of my head in Breaking Bad Saul talks about his multiple wives.
Oh? He was just lying. For sure man that's what the creators intended.
Or, oh we haven't gotten there yet. Okay I guess that could be sort of a valid argument but the fact that such little progression happens on the show and there's no indication that that is the direction Gilligan wants to take the story leads me to believe no.
It's not the biggest deal, but it just feels like Vince wanted to tell a new story not related to Breaking Bad, but felt as though he would fuck him self starting from scratch.

If you're saying that BraBa is actually about Jesse being kicked around and fucked with and forced to do insane shit then I agree.

>go on to continue to make a ton of half measures (trying to do everything without violence) in dealing with the fucking cartel
Didn't the second season finale end with him about to kill members of the cartel, and only stopped because he was compromised?

Why is Mike's granddaughter so old in BCS. Legit she looked younger in BB. I can go with Mike looking older in BCS, but a fucking kid? Also Mikes whole motivation for becoming corrupt in BB feels as though it happened way fucking earlier in his life. Are we really suppose to believe Mike started killing people in his 70's.

this

>Also Mikes whole motivation for becoming corrupt in BB feels as though it happened way fucking earlier in his life. Are we really suppose to believe Mike started killing people in his 70's.
He was corrupt earlier on though - the reason he left the police is because his son was killed. Mike was a dirty cop, like the rest of them.

this.

90% of the problems they ran into were jesses fucking fault

>boohoo i just want to deal drugs and steal things

I got chills when this came up

>there was never an episode of Breaking Bad where Walt, Jesse, Mike, Gus and Saul have a comfy bonfire and drink beers together
would've been kino

There should've been more shit in between seasons 4 and 5. Madrigal/Nazis was just the dumbest shit.

He went from stealing money from drug dealers.
To becoming a body guard for one of the largest drug distributors.

He went from being a cop who stole money,
to not caring when Todd shot a fucking child.

Do you like fast motion skylines? Do you like seeing Mike fuck around for literally 15 minutes doing nothing? Do you like seeing people you recognize only fatter and older? Then boy are you gonna love BCS

You've just said your own example can't be 100% trusted.

t.capeshit

yes you nigger
this board will give you mixed messages though because of all the the faggots who are too contrarian to be contrarians

>to not caring when Todd shot a fucking child.
>not caring

nigga he told Todd that if he ever brings a gun again he would fuck his shit up

>Madrigal
That episode gave us Lydia - quit your bitching

Was I the only one who thought this was gonna be a spinoff of saul's wacky antics with other criminals

It's superior to Breaking Bad, but plebs hate it.
>but the show makes Saul and Mike completely different characters
Of course, the show is about how they became what they are in BB
>their much cooler implied backstories
>t. brainlet

>Mike dismantles a vehicle down to it's frame
>Estimate: 10:23 mins
>Mike watches Gus or Don Eladio from his car
>Estimate: 14:54 mins
>Mike waits for a battery to die then sits by a window eating peanuts
>Estimate: 15:01 mins
>Mike waits for a car with a broken muffler to pass by
>Estimate: 4:45 mins
>Mike sits in a parking booth waiting for someone to show up
>Estimate: 7:19 mins

Total elapsed time: 51 mins 42 seconds
Typical total episode length: 50 minutes (Source: breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Season_2_(Better_Call_Saul)

Wait, it isn't? What did they do then?