NotJSA - Secret Six Storytime Part 5

Good evening, sorry for the delay. I was ready to continue on the 1st, but COCK happened, and had to delay:

Part One: Part Two: Part Three: Part Four:

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/no-diversity-didnt-kill-marvels-comic-sales/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

April Fools!
I lied about the cover, but we will be reading that issue next. First, a Battle for the Cowl "tie-in"

My knowledge of editorial and news hi jinks of this time period is almost non-existent, but I wonder if this was a mandatory tie-in, or just someone Simone wanted to do

There's some pretty good Bane in this issue

He's a big guy.

There's something weird about how that kid is drawn, and I can't quite place it

>You think he means us?
>He could well be.
Whatever not like English is his first language.

>UUUU

I'm pretty sure that Doll is right here, he/she doesn't seem to have any parts left

Bane's being a gentleman

>but COCK happened, and had to delay:
Part of me hopes you mean that literally, and that you had to get your fuck on.

A and B. The Comics/Cooking thing happened and ruined a few storytimes, and I was out of town yesterday until late in the evening

There's something ridiculous about Bane being the "there's nothing wrong with you I can't fix... with my BARE HANDS" guy when characters with much more significant actual super strength aren't. Mind you, not like Black Adam isn't shown eviscerating people.

This is a gift.

>crowbar

So how common is knowledge of a Robin being smashed to death?

>April Fool's
Ah, the worst holiday strikes again. Joy.

Hope you got your fuck on good.

HI CRANKY

>but COCK happened
In your ass?

This board was not too bad. MLP got merged with POL

>not without my permission

That's some Flex Mentallo muscle magic shit in panel 2.

This is perfect

Hey now, one doesn't have to be Cranky to not enjoy Internet April Fools. Cranky was here today though

Great, the buzzkill

How's everyone doing tonight?

Wha- I am not THAT distinctive. You were just guessing.

I any case, April Fool's is fucking stupid.

>Nightwing ass

/litfit/ was also good. I was amazed at how quickly Sup Forums's shitposting got drowned out by the awfulness of Sup Forums on /mtv/.

I have to say, I agree with you on this one. April Fools just makes the internet annoying to use for a day

>turn around and pose
>you think you can challenge this ass
Though everyone is drawn kinda weird here and the beef doesn't come off IMO.

You are that distinctive but I love you for it.

Her name certainly sounds "ethnic"

Ignore that last comment, I was looking at the wrong page.

Nicola Scott certainly draws a kind of nose, doesn't she?

Anything notable today? I saw a CBR article that pretty much laid out how Mr. Gabriel was totally wrong about his "diversity" argument

The boss is very clear on not mixing metaphors/similes

Yeah, the Beefcake continues, but there is a lot of cheesecake coming up

Catalyst will be here soon, got a preview. It'll be interesting to see how it bombs.

I don't think the diversity argument is 'totally' wrong but you can't sign it off there. There are huge serious problems with Marvel's line-up and marketing you can't ignore. Link if you like.

Papa Bane

cbr.com/no-diversity-didnt-kill-marvels-comic-sales/

The weirdest thing that I can't believe I didn't notice is:

>Between October 2015 and February 2017, Marvel launched or relaunched at least 104 ongoing superhero series, for an average of about six new #1s a month.

Here's some more weird, kind of contradictory backstory from Jeanette

I do think there's an argument about cutting off huge parts of the established characters at the same time, and I think Wilson's point about launching a legacy by shitting on the original character leaving a bad taste was good. But yeah that's fucking ridiculous and hilarious and Marvel are drinking some freaky kool-aid if they think they can lay it all on no blacks, gays or women. Mind you they also think selling a book at $9.99 means it'll sell more, so.

THE FUCKING EGGS AGAIN

Mockingbird appears to be back

Iconic

There is so much weird-shit to digest from that Gabriel interview. He claims that that #25 #9.99 issue of Spiderman did great, so I really want to see what the actual numbers are for it

Seems pretty clear that the problem is that most of the diversity titles were rushed to print without proper development or a clear focus or direction. Hence, they failed because they fucking sucked. Just look at Carol for the prime example. Like five different relaunches, no central theme, no story direction, no effort. The suits are high as fuck if they think those books failed because nerds supposedly have a "white men only" mentality. Your core audience isn't made exclusively of Sup Forums-tards for fucks sake. It's much more NOT MUH than outright prejudice.

How many eggs does Gail Simone eat every day?

Ragdoll is very observant

The thing is it's not only the diversity books that failed. That article's point about the collapse of X-Men is good, because you're being really disingenuous if you consider that to not sell for diversity reasons considering how it's been for Marvel historically. But honestly I just see more reshuffles and relaunches in the immediate future.

This kind of fits Banshee, at least. So she was Irish because she was Eastern European?

Come to think of it, pages from this series would have been great for /cock/ day. So many shots of Catman cooking and other bits of food (like Hatter sticking hats on fruits)

Yeah I agree with the article

Though the whole "diversity" thing is just a small piece of the pie because people don't tend to like their heroes being messed with. But shitty business practices like #1s, terrible events, delays, god awful writing on their A list books, 9.99 priced issues with shitty side stories nobody cares about, etc are bigger pieces of the pie imo

Marvel just needs new editorial and writers
Though I think they did acknowledge they were doing too many events and said there wasn't gonna be one for 18 months after Secret Empire, so we'll see how that goes

Most of the combos were fun. /fitlit/, /cock/, and /mo/ were great, /fap/ and /can/ were alright and /mlpol/ was a hilarious shitstorm. The later ones like /spa/, /vint/, and /mtv/ didn't really have enough time to gel, and poor /out/ got stuck with /soc/.

>because
Before, whoops

It's Sup Forums's newest waifu

She seem to shift size slightly from panel to panel.

Last thread people were trying to piece together her history. French mom, Hungarian dad, was around for Elizabeth Bathory (1614 at the latest), but also mentioned the "revolution" (presumably the French one)

Deadshot's a bit of an ass, isn't he?

I'm sure the Joker keeps a photo in his wallet of it.

Another series of consistent covers

I somehow doubt that they will be totally eventless for the next 18 months. I can see crossovers between books still happening

>Artemis is a "new" waifu
Pfft. Took em long enough. Goddamned plebs.

By the way, I think this is where her skull motif started to fade, cause up until this point, this outfit here would have markings on the front making her torso appear to be a skull, and she would also have skull shoulder pads and skull kneepads. Skulls. And spikes, lots of spikes.

She's been a lot of love recently from the Outlaws threads

Oh they're definitely gonna do crossovers

They probably meant stuff like CW2 and Secret Empire where the event effects multiple books not in the same group

*getting a lot of love

Deadshot actually seems a little guilty

Truth from Ragdoll here.

I know. Probably a safe bet none of her new fans know she had her own miniseries back in the day. It was every bit as 90s as she is.

One the small list of things that can trigger Bane, this is one of them

That's a pretty awful prison to put an Amazon in, drugged up or not

That guard captain seems to be rationalizing his role as a warden pretty well

Have you read her new Outlaws stuff? What do you think?

Lots of money went into that, it would be a shame if something happened to it

I wonder how long it will be until a crossover spills into other unrelated books

seriously shitty security

Handle the fight/flirting for later

It's a shame Artemis and Knockout didn't meet.

At this point the best Banshee backstory would definitely be that it was all made up.

Blake should have remembered that Scandal survived a gunshot to the head (from Floyd).

This also might be the second or third time Floyd has shot Jeanette

Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth is way better than it has any right to be.

It has a clear focus and direction, a consistent tone, the main characters are likeable and well researched, and even the action is pretty cool. This book is so good I honestly have a hard time believing Lobdell is writing it.