Is he the only Disney "Villain" that did absolutely nothing wrong?

Is he the only Disney "Villain" that did absolutely nothing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Klxy7k3NXA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuan_dynasty#Society
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modu_Chanyu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>did absolutely nothing wrong
He killed Harambe

No, the one from Bambi is

>killing gorillas
>not wrong
I mean, for the era, maybe not. But if murder is legal in a the paleolithic that doesn't make it not bad.

No, he was one of the worst. Him and Cruella and McLeach should get together and shit talk animals like a bunch of psychotic pussies.

>But if murder is legal in a the paleolithic that doesn't make it not bad.
It does make it not murder though.

I'd still call killing your neighbor or a passerby for their stuff or because they made you angry murder. Murder being bad is such a fundamental guideline that any society that condones it deserves to be called savage and objectively wrong. But that's just me.

The hunter in Bambi was shooting deer outside of deer season.

Murder is okay in many societies when you break the law or make someone feel threatened. Even if it's not legally called murder.

he tried to kill Tarzan and hung himself in the vines. So it's not like he was murdered in cold blood

That depends.

What was his motivation for wanting to capture the gorillas and sell them off?

Was it for just purely for the opportunity to hunt "savage beasts" or was being paid handsomely for securing gorillas for zoos or traders the only incentive?

That was only after Tarzan kept getting in his way.

If you watched the film he didn't plan on killing any one, except maybe some gorillas. He had them all locked up in the ship and probably was going to let them go after he was finished corralling a bunch of the gorillas up in cages.

>cast Brian Blessed
>don't make him a jovial old man who SHOUTS EVERYTHING

He was wrong from conception

Blessed was the one doing the Tarzan yell.

He staged a mutiny so he could hunt and capture wild gorillas to be sold for money, then he tried to kill people who tried to stop him.

At least until he went out of his way to track Tod down after he was no longer a danger to his livestock.

Really? I remember them causing the forest fire because they were dumbfucks and didn't make the fire in a pit and surround it with rocks, but not that part. Also, who the fuck still hangs around to hunt in the middle of a forest fire?

I don't know, but he had one of the single coolest fight scenes in any Disney movie ever.

Absolutely Kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Klxy7k3NXA

The badguy in Education for Death did nothing wrong either

He was trying to capture a supposedly dangerous creature.

It's not his fault Lilo got in the way and he accidentally caught her instead.

One could argue Jafar was in the right. Jasmines father was a stupid manchild who let his people starve while he played with his toys. Im not saying Jafar is a good person, but wouldnt his rule be a step up?

Fuck this asshole for trying to save people from a potential threat.

Aladdin. The story of a man who uses magic powers to trick a princess into marrying him vs. Jafar.

BUT DURING THE STONE AGE...!

Similarly, how was Yzma any worse a ruler than Kuzco?

is tarzan worth the watch? I hate his character design, but this was bretty gud

You're both banking that either of them would give a crap about the common folk after taking the throne

Did the cartoon version of Gaston really not do anything wrong?

I haven't seen Lilo and Stitch in a while but I vaguely remember him purposely keeping Lilo as bait, and even telling her that he was going to eat her

Yeah, she bullied the main characters a few times, but she tried to help them save the world and then they let her stay mind raped.

He was a self centered prick but beyond that all he did wrong was refuse to listen to the pleas of a "mad old man" and those of his "mad daughter" that this horrible monster was friendly.

That's really not a good argument. "I wasn't going to kill anyone, but then this guy got in my way and took too long making his order at McDonalds so I did what I had to do."

>Bitch Queen stops all trade between their countries
>innocent citizens can't get goods

They can just start trading with another country, like Rapunzel's.

He incited the riot on Beast's castle because Belle liked the Beast more than him. "Someone might think you actually CARE about this creature" or whatever.

He was jealous, not afraid, and he used that jealousy to spark fear in the people of the village so they would help him destroy the thing that was keeping him from Belle.

If you want to argue that he really saw Beast as a threat, when the time came and he made it into the castle, he himself acknowledged that Beast wasn't fighting back, and still advanced on him to deliver the killing blow - he knew Beast was not a threat at that point, and we can assume he knew Beast was human-like enough that he didn't question Belle's apparent love of him. He was an attempted murderer.

Then again, Jafar was probably responsible for the poverty anyway considering he was the adviser doing all the day to day decisions. Still doesnt excuse Sultan's shit, the fat fuck

Wanna know who did absolutely NOTHING wrong?

This feller right here.

>Makes explicit rules of no humans in the jungle
>Does this to protect the jungle and the animals who reside in it
>Fully cooperates with any animals he came across, kept professional demeanor
>Gives the kid a chance to leave jungle, even provides sporting chance for him to run/defend himself

>That heavy baritone voice
>Not to mention that HE WAS AN ANIMAL WHO WAS JUST FOLLOWING THE NATURAL ORDER

I read somewhere that they wanted to imply that Gaston was the one who killed Bambis mother.

In Jungle Book 3 he was supposed to turn good.

TV Show implies that Sultan was a badass adventurer when he was young. He just grew old and stopped giving s fuck.

...Yeah.. that old coot broke into a wilderness preserve with bear traps and a shotgun rather than let shit lie. He got better than he deserved.

..He has Bambi's Mom's head on a wall. And the whole blackmailing Belle thing. And really, when a man or Beast (as was the case) shows you a crapton of mercy after you break into *their* home with an incited mob, and your response is to try *again* to kill them, you can only blame yourself when you fall the fuck off the highest precipice of most any Disney films.

I mean he was a sadistic little shit, but he didn't get to watch Toy Story like we did to be frightened into being extra nice to our toys incase they are sentient, because he is a character in Toy Story.

>Jungle Book 3

user there is only ONE Jungle Book....book

besides, he was already a good guy

>poaching
>piracy
>assault
>attempted second degree murder
>mutiny
whether or not his actions were legal doesn't matter, he was most definately wrong

Actually, there are three Jungle Books. Four if you count that one not written by Kipling.

Wasn't Judge Doom also supposed to have taken credit for that too?

No, kidnapping and poaching Gorilla's is considered a dick move. Sure, they didn't know better at the time but that doesn't really stop it from being wrong, as much as you could argue that society was the real villain of the film.

But if I recall he was totally willing to kill/hurt other humans so that in itself makes him the worst of the worst, society be damned.
This one is far more understandable because he didn't go as far as to hurt other humans and he primary hunted less intelligent and legally during hunting seasons. He's also empathetic enough to let Tod live and became friends with the old lady at the end.

He's just a grump guy that liked hunting, nothing more then that.

>last ship there capsized and killed the reigning monarchs
Besides, what makes you think that Repunzel's kingdom offers goods that are of the same quality or similar prices? Maybe the aforementioned shipping hazards could drive up the prices.

Bretty sure that wasn't a serious threat

He is hired by researchers, but when he sees the opportunity he violates their contract and imprisons them.

Regardless of how he treats the gorillas, he's a criminal.

Kuzco was ambivalent and apathetic, Yzma was actively malicious and cruel. Yzma's selfishness was just as bad but Kuzco was a better option once he'd grown up.

I have a soft spot for it. But there's a lot of nostalgia there.

Might depend on how you feel about Phil Collins musical segues.

Jane was hot, underrated Disney gal

I rewatched it for the first time recently, since it came out. It was WAY better than I remembered.

I don't think she was much worse really. But Kuzco had a character arc on his road trip and came out of it the better ruler.

Which wouldn't have happened if not for her assassination attempt, so I guess she did improve things inadvertently.

>musical segues
It's truly a Disney musical where the main characters don't sing, there's just non-diagetic music detailing the emotional arcs. If you like Collins, you'll enjoy Tarzan I bet.

kuzco was
A. the lesser of two evils
B. got a lot better over time
C. selfish and incompetent, but not evil and tyrannical

Phil Collins was the best part of Tarzan. Strangers Like Me and You'll be in My Heart are great songs.

Seconded. She was a fun character.

Strangers Like Me is one of the better Collins songs in general.

You're not wrong, but Son of Man is a great training montage/best timeskip song.

Terrifying killing machines but also non-sentient and literally just following their survival instincts

But they're still not as good as I'm Still Here from Treasure Planet

Easily one of the most beautiful Disney films with lots of great animation and visuals, especially the tree swinging.

Characters are well written and enjoyable to watch. Jane is a surprisingly fun love interest and watching Tarzan trying to find his self identity creates some great character development.

Music is all over the place. The film overly relies to much on Phil Collins and I didn't find him fitting with the movie. At one point they have a musical number despite all there music coming from Phil Collins and it feels out of place, and they don't have another traditional music number after it.

8/10 unless you really hate Phil Collins it's very much worth a watch.

It's not legally called murder because it's not.

Just wants his treasure back from some little flying shithead who stole it from him

sup

Aladdin is kind of a douchey guy but he legitimately seems to believe in "love" or something and would probably care about the people due to being a street rat. Jafar is basically a bad guy from a Conan novel.

This, purge the ice witch tbhfam.

This motherfucker

whether or not codified into law, making a plan to kill someone and following through with it is pretty evil

attempted murder of nobility was a crime back in the day

Not even "potential" really; she had proven herself to be incredibly dangerous by freezing at least her kingdom, and I don't think they ever showed how far that actually spread so it could have affected other countries as well.

He's still being an asshole to a seven year old girl with mental issues

Did you forget how he used a corrupt insane asylum warden to threaten to lock up Belle father if she didn't marry him?

Even the warden says her father was harmless.

>mutiny
>homicide
>piracy
>arson
>theft
>assault
>stealing a lifeboat, distinct from normal theft, since it is combined with creating a workplace hazard

Yeah but he's also an alien bounty hunter so "being nice" isn't really in the job description. An asshole for sure, but not evil.

Nah, if he really did nothing wrong then it make his development to care for Jim as a father surrogate and choose to do the right thing at the end less impact.

The fact he did some things wrong is what makes him so great, because he still chose to not be the villain.

Good character.

Not above a little murder though.

He overthrew (literally) a non-elected autocrat and reversed anti-immigration laws and segregation. Wasn't his fault there was a fucking drought.

The society the Mongols put in place after they conquered China IRL was actually pretty decent and advanced for its time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuan_dynasty#Society

>Wasn't his fault there was a fucking drought.
Laughed harder than I should have.

he was a cruel leader nobody liked, who committed murder, treason, a coup , leaving his cronies out to dry, attempted murder of a minor, would rather let his subject starve than leave, being a jerk

>Wasn't his fault there was a fucking drought.
True but the fact he refused to let his people relocate out of pride is a huge sign of a shitty leader.

The fact that the drought ended immediately after his death was kinda funny though.

>Just wants to be like humans
>Rescues boy from jungle and treats him quite well
>Politely asks how to make fire
>When boy refuses he doesn't get angry, just sings
>Suddenly a black panther and fatass bear show up and wreck your whole house

huns was chosen for rhyme, the time period mulan apparently takes place in had mongols integrated into chinese society

they may actually be the xiong nu, and are called that in the chinese version

Shere Khan was even better in Talespin

>take little girl
>tell creature you know to be violent and unpredictable "this is food for you"
>put little girl in tube with said creature
>begin flight to outer space
>not serious

'K then

What treasure?

I thought he just wanted revenge for getting his hand chopped off.

No source but I'm pretty sure the huns weren't strictly, Mongol but rather just northern steppe people like Xiongnu. I think the movie takes place centuries before the Mongol invasions.

Patrician taste here.

He was a sadistic little shit to what he thought were non-living plastic. He was a bit of a dick to his sister, but so are most older brothers.

Well that's just retarded, who is the person who has the right to decide what kill constitutes a murder and what doesn't? Objectively a lethal injection or a face full of lead, same result.

>And Daddy, they took my Boot!

Hook is really sympathetic in the original book. It makes his death quite tragic.

Fuck, J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan is so good. Everyone should read it if they haven't

no

Ayyy, that's nice reference pose for holding guns.

Shere Khan vs Lex Luthor.

murder has specific conditions to be called murder

-Unlawful
-killing
-through criminal act or omission
-of a human
-by another human
-with malice aforethought.

that is why we have other shit like homicide and manslaughter

>every invader from the north of china are mongols

I want this meme to die.
They're clearly supposed to be the Xiongnu These are they guys that had been fucking China's northern border since the Han dynasty and would continue to be a major threat that even China at its peak moments would rather pay off than deal with.
Also he is literally named after en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modu_Chanyu