What are the chances McDonalds will do an ad campaign for Rick and Morty and re-release the szechuan dipping sauce as...

What are the chances McDonalds will do an ad campaign for Rick and Morty and re-release the szechuan dipping sauce as part of the deal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zre9FhhxR7k
businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-szechuan-mcnugget-may-come-back-thanks-to-rick-and-morty-2017-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Next to none

Pretty much confirmed at this point. Everyone is reporting on it and this is great publicity for them. Especially since a new Mulan movie is coming out next year, they can use that as a tie-in.

>implying McDonald's would ever touch anything R&M related with a 100 ft pole

At best, they would do it to promote a possible Mulan live-action, but even then the chances of the sauce being re-released is abyssmal. McDonald's is too jew for that now.

They should make it permanent. People will get it with the sweet and sour.

I mean people want this, and they have, let's see ... two types of barbecue sauce?

>McDonald's is too jew for that now.

Well they'd release it with the Mulan movie. Not now.

So they get that R&M money anyway, if people actually remember this ridiculous hype.

I mean, I never had it, but it was apparently good.

It depends on whether they can find a genuine demand for it, not one based on nostalgia. Nostalgia campaigns can work well - New Coke for example was dead in the water from the word go because Coke has such a strong brand - but they can also backfire spectacularly if the product just isn't very good, or if it's perceived as a joke, or if there just aren't enough people to make it financially viable, which may be the case here.

I doubt there would be time to do a tie-in campaign before the season finishes or at least finishes referencing the sauce (it would take at least a couple of months to get that much sauce made up and distributed and all the press packs and shit to go with it) and after that rant in which Rick basically makes it clear that he is, in fact, an abusive man with a child in his power, it's not a good synergy for McDonalds: having said that, it's possible that they'll consider bringing it back for next year's live-action remake of Mulan anyway, and that this was always the plan, independent of any third-party involvement.

I don't think you guys realize how niche Rick & Morty is as a show. Yeah, we get a lot of shitposters saying "this show is catering to normies, so it's cancer like reddit, lel", but it's not like McDonald's would even tip their hat to even acknowledge the reference (you didn't see Nintendo send Roiland free shit just because he said for them to in one episode)

The fact people aren't asking for the sweet chilli sauce to return is the true crime.

Someone assure me here

There is absolutely pretty much zero chance that this transaction for thousands and thousands of dollars for a sauce pack is gonna go through

Right?

I fully believe McDonald's would be able to produce it, package it, and stock it in many, if not all, of their stores in less than one month

The problem with New Coke was that they stopped distributing "Classic" Coke at the same time. If it were just an alternative and called it "Coke Squared" or something like that, it'd have been fine. It's about the vocal minority speaking.

see

I want this money, too.

>tfw you will never taste that sweet and spicy sauce, nestled on your lips
>tfw you will never go down on your S.O. with the tinge of that heat on your tougue, slowly wrapping around her clit
>tfw you will never experience her kicking you in the face after she revolts in spicy painful agony from the sauce that now covers her croutch

Living in this world is suffering.

>ad campaign
zero
>Re-release the sauce
actually pretty high
twibbers doesn't count

Carls' Jr/Hardees just released a R&M burger commercial.

>having said that, it's possible that they'll consider bringing it back for next year's live-action remake of Mulan anyway, and that this was always the plan, independent of any third-party involvement.

Except McDonalds and Disney cut ties in 2008 because Bob Iger didn't want the Disney brand to be associated with childhood obesity.

>they bring it back anyway in a year
>"This one's for Rick. Definitely not for Mulan."

no they didn't
and if they did, that would make it impossible for a competing restaurant to do so

i want to slaughter everyone in the food gestapo. i want them ground up and fed to zoo animals. i want my cereal sugary and with weird lame cartoons on the box. i want my burgers (which have always been low-fat dairy beef by the way) promoted by creepy horrible puppet guys plagiarized from sid and marty kroft, and i want a disgusting ballpit in the restaurant. and weird toys that come in the meals.

Dude. They could bring it back and not make it related to Mulan.

All of that sounds good to me as long as it's mostly chemical-free.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zre9FhhxR7k

From 2015, though, not "just released."

They bring the sauce back as a promotion for samurai jack

Holy shit, it's real.

That being said, a promotion would probably only be for Mulan live-action

LE FUNNE SAUCE MEME XDDDD EPIC SHOW

>something something SJcucks

Samurai Jack is Japanese.

During the Beijing olympics there was this special time-limited Chinese burger and it tasted fucking great. I can't even remember what it was called though, but it was good enough that it's the only McDonald's meal I actually remember having in detail.

What was the value of that on March 31?

Was probably dog meat.

McDonalds is so fucking disgusting, the only thing they had that I liked was the chicken selects

You people insist on being wrong about everything because
>MUH COUNTERCULTURE

Sup Forums can still be love, all we have to do is stop the hate.

Case in point:
businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-szechuan-mcnugget-may-come-back-thanks-to-rick-and-morty-2017-4

They rereleased it as Coke 2 some years ago. It tastes better and has fewer calories but it got shat on in the markets.

Was the sauce even good or was it just a R&M meme?

So long as Mcdonalds still have the recipe and can source the ingredients...

Plus Disney doesn't do tie-ins with McDonalds anymore, hasn't for over 10 years

It wasn't actually good though, it would make you piss out your ass.

It's pretty much guaranteed that this was their plan from square one, and stupid reddit manchildren fell for blatant viral marketing.

>Hey Morty, I hate religion and love science!
People from reddit start to chuckle a little bit while smoking weed, having sex with little boys, and praising Karl Marx

>Hey Morty, There is no god!
People from reddit start convulsing with laughter and tackle a man with a Trump hat while holding him down and farting in his face.

>I don't care about anyone else except myself. Thats why I'm a edgy intergalatic outlaw. Fuck family, fuck Summer, Fuck Beth, Fuck Jerry, and Fuck You!"
An abysmal darkness falls over the earth, shrouding mankind, though the laughter continues. eardrums burst and pop like gaskets as entire cities of people writhe on the ground in both misery and ecstasy. Months later, most of the world has died, whether of lack of will to live without more Rick and Morty, or from inability to provide for themselves while laughing. The deaf inherits the earth, immune to the Redditty humor that caused the last extinction event to befall mankind before it's end - whether man has been cast down or ascended is hotly debated by survivors for years to come.

Y'all talking about that sauce. McRib if anything deserves to come back